Accenture Consulting Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

43 interviews

3.2

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consulting Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

I first applied online on July 7th, 2011. 2 weeks later I received an email for a phone interview that was to follow in a couple days. It was very informal and with someone from the company who did the exact job that I was interviewing for. She was very young and new to the company, and the questions were generally to see if you understand what Accenture is and just discuss a little bit about your resume. About 30 mins.

Less than a week later, I got the email that I would have a 2nd interview. This was again a phone interview, but meant to be much longer and much more behavorial and in depth. This was with a high ranking executive within the company. This was about an hour long, and the questions were situational. "Tell me about a time where you showed leadership", etc.

In another week or two, I was invited for a 3rd in person interview at the office. This is now nearly exactly 1 month from when I first submitted my application online. The first thing is a presentation given by 5 of 6 current young Consulting Analysts and they tell you about the company, etc. They have no influence on your hiring decision so don't freak out for that! Then there are 2 interviews, each with high ranking executives, about 45 mins long each. They ask the exact same questions as the 2nd interview (situational) and also draw questions from your resume, which is right in front of them. Then they feed you and let you leave. The current Analysts were really down to earth.

It took 1 month to hear the end result after this last interview. This time was completely and utterly nerve wracking. They emailed about every week to say they were experiencing hiring delays. Finally once I heard back, I was extended an offer. I accepted.

Took 2 months since I submitted the application online.

Interview Questions
  • They would point to some part of your resume and ask you to elaborate, or ask you situational questions about that information listed on your resume.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you showed leadership.   Answer Question
  • Do you know what Accenture does?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone who was difficult or didn't pull their own weight?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to work with a team.   Answer Question
Not able to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Consulting Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2011.

My first interview was over the phone given the inconvenience of attending their offices. The gentleman was well-spoken, mild-mannered, and polite. The interviewer was also very professional to eliminate what residue nervousness I had, and the process went smoothly.

It's been a while, but off the top of my head, he asked why I wanted to work in consulting, why Accenture, and "tell me about a time when ..." type questions. Mostly behavioural at this stage. As for the "tell me about a time", he mostly inquired on teamwork skills, interpersonal skills, project management skills and the sort. It's best to dig into your memories to choose exemplary situations where you were able to overcome something - be it a conflict, a difficulty that has barred colleagues, and the result you achieved. STAR model helps.

Second round interviews were at the offices in London. This was a half-day assessment starting at 9 and ending at 1pm. This interview tests everything from your ability to multi-task (in-tray exercises), your problem-solving skills (1:1 cases), your teamwork skills (timed group presentation) and your presentation skills. Activities are typically managed by two people, who try to be "out of the way" as much as possible to allow you to perform your most natural. As intimidating as this is, this isn't difficult if you show your true, qualified colours and not put on any theatrics.

Interview Questions
    • What is causing the company in the case to be losing money - what problems are they facing?   View Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, signed up for a interview. 1st round is a quick resume check/behavioral, 2nd round is more behavioral. Third round they take you to an office to chat with senior execs.

All of the entry level employees I met at info sessions, pre-nights, and so on were great people. On the other hand, all of the managers I met were middle aged, white and boring.

Consultant Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

There are a total of 3 interviews. First two interviews were on campus if you are recruiting through a university. The final interview is an office visit, which consisted of a presentation and two 1:1 interviews with managers. It appears the company is looking for both a technical skills match and personality fit with the company. Research the company in advance and learn about their company culture and how you might fit with that. They do ask questions such as why consulting and why Accenture.

Consulting Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2010.

The Interview was straight forward and not difficult

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join Accenture? Please provide a concise bullet point list of your reasons.(maximum 3000 characters including spaces).   Answer Question
    • Describe what your day to day tasks and activities might be as an Analyst on a project.   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

First interview consisted of a case interview. They continually we waiting for me to ask more questions in order to show me additional information on paper. Interviewers were knowledgable about the case and you can get the sense that sometimes you are going in the wrong direction and it is alright to back track and change your mind as long as you work through the process and describe you thinking clearly to them.

Consulting Analyst Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in September 2010.

First Round: 30 min behavioral; 30 min case
    Second Round: 30 min behavioral; 30 min: 2 simple cases
    Finaly Round: flew in to office, case based

Interview Questions
    • Asked for a lot of detail on behavioral questions, know your resume and your examples.   Answer Question

Consultant Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

had four rounds of interview after I submitted my resume.

1. phone interview: HR screening, run through resume, salary expectation. General questions whats your strength and weakness. Lasted about <30mins

5days or so later

2. one to one interview with manager at clients place: detailed resume run through. gave me a good intro on the ladder/work culture. Lasted just over an hour.

week later
    3. one to one interview with Senior Manager: behavioral interview. They tend to give a scenario, (e.g. describe a time when you had to work difficult peers). lasted about hour and 15mins.

NOTE: They tend to put you off track by bombarding you with questions on the smallest details you have mentioned. So beware and try to be on track.

2weeks later (I was out of town for a week)
    4. one to one interview with Executive partner: pretty much a mixture of all questions experienced before, nothing new. (be prepared with solid answers for questions like Why accenture? Why you instead of others)

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview, lotsa varied scenarios   View Answer
    Salary and benefits were better than expected so had nothing to negotiate. I was a graduate hire despite the fact that I had one year experience under my belt. The pay was not compensated for that, but as mentioned it was better than my expectations, so no issues

Consulting Analyst Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in August 2009.

The initial interview consisted of a telephone screen in which the recruiter asked some pretty tough questions. Like, "describe a time when you had to overcome a conflict while being part of a team". This was followed by 4-6 other really tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to address a conflict and how you handled it?   View Answer

Analyst, Consulting Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2008.

First round was an interview and a case study. The interview was standard - going over your CV and strengths weaknesses etc. The case study asked yu to think about how a company (airline company) could improve / make it's processes more efficient. I think that they were looking for ideas around moving the business online and some of the problems associated with this. The second round was a number of team based exercises. One of them was coming up with ideas for a charity day - I just based this on my knowledge of the arts which seemed to please them as everyone else was going down the same route of sports events. The aim of the test was to test our creative thinking so a good idea to come with something different. There was also part of the interview where you were given loads of information about a wine company to read in a short space of time which they then asked you questions about. They didn't say that you weren't allowed to refer to the information so for one of the questions that I didn't know the answer to I just looked in the book and found it quickly. showed initiative and better than saying I don't know.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest bit was reading the case study information in a short space of time   View Answer
    • In the case study interview the first question they asked was a random one about the names of one of the staff members of the client orgnisation   View Answer
    None - they didn't negotiate just gave me an offer (which was the best graduate offer I had received) so I just accepted it.