Accenture Consulting Manager Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager - Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

4 rounds
- 1st round is HR screening to confirm the fitment to the position and set the expectations on the role (skills, benefits, etc.) This recruiter will be reasonably knowledgeable about the industry/skill set you are being considered for - and are really good at understanding the fitment. They will clarify any general questions you may have about ACN. Once approved, this HR recruiter will guide/coach you through the next 3 rounds (prior to each round, they will tell you who you are going to meet, what they will be looking for in the interview - and answer any question) - he/she will be a friend of yours to help bring out the best in you.
- 2nd & 3rd round (order can be interchangeable): skills interview by a employee one level above your applied position - they have certain criteria to judge the level of skill - the questions will be to understand if you have done similar work in your previous jobs. The other round will be behavioral round conducted by a trained behavioral interviewer - they ask you to provide examples of how you handled 4 different types of situations (they will share the situations during the interview)
First 3 rounds will be remote/telephonic. The 4th round will be in-person or via video-conference/tele-presence
- 4th round: Confirmation interview with a Managing Director - will confirm your expectations and understanding of the role - explain what is expected by ACN and what you can expect from ACN, if you join - you can share any concerns that you may have, which the recruiter was unable to respond to - if the first 3 rounds went well, the 4th round is to confirm if there are any show-stoppers or red-flags to making an offer - hence, this evaluation is done by a member of the senior executive leadership.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Manager Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

Process:
    1. I had a phone screen with an outside recruiter which was mainly focused on my background an willingness to accept a rather low salary
    2. Phone screen with a consulting manger - Probed background and experience using a behavioral approach.
    3. Invited to interview in California with a partner and two senior mangers. Focus of all three interviews was on knowledge, experience and fit. Part of the process was also to determine the appropriate level to start, Feedback was that interviewers felt a Sr. Manger position was the best fit. Feedback from internal recruiter was that there were no positions available at that level. Seems like a bit of a waste of time for everyone involved!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to resolve a serious conflict among team members. What did you do, what was the result?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

The hiring process was very smooth and professional. Applied online waited ~3 weeks to get first contact. Later the recuriter called for general discussion and salary expectations, she tried to under cut my non consulting background to lower my salary expectation. Second round after few days was a 30 mins Bhevarioal/Situational interview followed by 45 mins Technical phone interview a week later was invited to local DC office to meet with the Partner (strangely prior to meeting the partner had to go through a technical writing interview on a computer). The partner was very nice and the interview was mostly about my background and why consulting etc. Throughout the process the recuriter was in touch and keep me informed. Couple of days after partner interview offer was made. It was lower than I expected and I negotiated they gave me what I wanted. Please note they would expect you to negotiate, when asked for Salary expectation do not give a range my partner appreciated that I did not gave a range and I knew exactly what I'm worth. Also while negotiating do not talk about industry avg, past salary etc. Focus on value you bring to Accenture and thier clients. Other important things to remember they are passionate about thier core values read about thier core values quote them if you can and convey them if it relates to your core values. Also the company is all about team work. So give examples of how you carried your team and didn't run anyone under the bus. Be genuine during the situational interviews and try not to show that you emerged sucessfull in all situations if you have failed in some situation then explain to them what you learnt form it, they wanted people who learn from thier mistakes. During partner interview try to build a story around your expirience and be prepared to speak for your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't come across any difficult questions. Basic stuff like

Why Consulting? Why Accenture?
        Answer Question
    • Did you come across a situaton when your surpervisor didn't agree with you? What did you?   Answer Question

They gave me what I was expecting. Watch out they will try to lower the salary and make the difference through a bigger sign-on bonus don't fall for this trap

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Details based on entry level interview only.
    3 round interview. First round, simple, get to know the interviewer. 2nd round is skills interview, this is the harder and longest one where most are weeded out. Years ago when I was interview, there were no "critical thinking" consulting questions like how many tennis balls can you fit on a school bus. Just your typical "tell me about a time when" stuff. 3rd round is fairly easy - in the local office with upper leadership to make sure you're really a fit. A high percentage usually make it past the final round, pending business, location and skills needs.

Interview Questions
    • Years ago when I was interview, there were no "critical thinking" consulting questions like how many tennis balls can you fit on a school bus. Just your typical "tell me about a time when" stuff.   Answer Question
    As a new hire, there wasn't much negotiating as I didn't have other offers to compare/contrast. I asked for and received a 1K signing bonus for moving expenses. Many people have very different experiences though.

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

rigorous and lengthy, but overall very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Define a moment in your previous professional career where you thought you'd reached an insurmountable situation, and define the steps you took to get through it.   Answer Question
    Before the offer came, my recruiter told me what they were considering offering me. I told them that was unacceptable, and gave them my lower limit because I had another offer for that amount. The official first offer came and it was $2,500 higher than my other offer, so I accepted without renegotiating.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in May 2008.

Applied online.

Initial phone interview with a senior manager, basic CV walkthrough and some general questions.

Second interview was in two parts. First was with a Senior Executive, walked through a simple case study and then general questions around my experience, project management skills, customer facing skills, work approach etc. Second was with a HR person who rushed through general competency questions.

Whole process was quite slow, it took a long time to organise each interview.

Interview Questions
    • Walk through the project management approach for a project you have worked on.   Answer Question