Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Senior Managing Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with HR Recruiter & with Practice Manager, passed
HR Behavioral Test - passed
Sr. Exec interview - this guy was with the firm for 20+ years, never worked anywhere else

I accepted a position with a competing firm at a higher salary, less travel

Reason for Declining – Not impressed with Sr. Exec and his attitude. I accepted a position with a competing firm at a higher salary, less travel

Senior Manager Consulting Interview

Senior Manager Consulting
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by an executive search firm. Fist round of technical interview. Second round in person by a Partner. Went very well. Third round by some one in HR.

Interview Question – Tell me of a Project where you ran over budget.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They came back with 10K less and agreed to split the difference as sign in bonus.

New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2010.

Interview Details – Typical consulting interview. What were your projects? What were the outcomes? How did you deliver client value?

Interview Question – How did you deliver client value?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – The Good -- Accenture had me interview with 5 of the brightest people I've ever met. Cordial and intelligent, they were very easy to converse with and the interviews were very successful. In fact, in my last interview the Senior Manager implied that we would be working together. Accenture is one of the few firms who conducts background check prior to offer (I think you have to be a serious contender though) eliminating that "I have an offer but will it be rescinded" worry.

The Bad - Their HR process and staff is horrendous. The first HR person that I spoke to never remembered who I was and I had to constantly relay my background to her each time I returned a phone call. I was then passed to another HR person who was worse than the first. Curt, impatient and inconsiderate of other people's time - she had very poor communication skills, didn't return emails or phone calls until a Sr. Manager was cc'd on emails to her. The entire process was ridiculous - I went through 5 Senior Manager interviews over the span of 3 months with minimum of 1 week of follow up "radio silence" between each interview.

The Outcome - No job. Not a precise fit. Strung me along for over 3 months and they never had a job role for me to begin with. I don't appreciate being window-shopped. The interview process was a communications nightmare...I can't imagine what the situation would be like for those hired and on the road!

Interview Questions

• Describe the scope of your job and how it is relevant to the job you are applying for.   Answer Question
  • Why would you leave a successful established position to join a new firm and start from networking "scratch"?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was lucky enough to have a contact within Accenture who submitted my resume via their employee referral. She was also savvy enough to give her HR Rep, plus several other well place contacts a heads up that my resume was in the system - and also sent them my resume. A hiring manager took interest in my background and I assume that as a result, my resume was pushed through their computerized system

Interview Question – In a follow up question to "tell me about a business case you have developed", the interviewer probed too deeply into details about what we were trying to accomplish at my former employer.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The salary was not high enough to warrant the personal sacrifice required to perform at Accenture as an experience hire, the hours I expected and the travel neccesary to succeed in a culture like Accenture.

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Well structured process with 3 interviews and a business change scenario with discussion on key points, issues, opportunities, and root cause

Interview Question – Scenario questions were detailed and involved across strategy, business change, IT, organisation, supplier, regulatory, and staffing - very extensive   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Stick to your guns if you're in a powerful position but have a "best alternative to a negotiated agreement" prepared - negotiations are hard!

Consulting Senior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

Interview Details – The negotiation was interesting. It was basically a sales job by the company, not a skills interview. Apparently the company is so desperate for people they will hire anyone with a decent resume, so my interview consisted primarily of being sold on what a great opportunity I was being offered. Of the 3 different interviews I had, there was a total of one question about my management skills. The rest of the time the people interviewing me spent the interview time telling me all about the company, the business, and how great the opportunity was.

Negotiation Details – Completely one sided. They made an offer and I had to take it or leave it. No negotiation at all.

Consulting Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

Interview Details – Showing passion for work is very important.

Consulting Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

Interview Details – The focus of the interviewer's questions were at odds with what was explained up front by the headhunter from the rectruitment agency. There seemd to be a lot of focus on th enegative aspects of the consultancy lifestyle rather than "selling" th epoistion in a meaningful way.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!