Accenture

2.7

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture.

Easy questions, very little expectations. 4 interviews, one with recruiter, one with tech, one with business/management, last with MD. All easy questions. This is for permanent hires. For contractors, it can be more rigorous.

Interview Questions
    Insist on the recruiter going for the maximum level and pay. Experience matters, the more the years of experience, the higher the level, the bigger the pay that can be negociated.

Accenture Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Started with an undergraduate campus career fair, then was accepted to a one on-campus interview. A smaller group was invited back a week later for second on campus interview with senior partner. A very small subset was then asked to come for a final office visit interview - full day with 3 partner interviews

Interview Questions
    • No case study for analyst coming out of University; case studies are usually for MBA students. As I was an undergraduate they were looking for more scenario based response. "Tell me a time when you worked with a challenging team and overcame a difficulty." or "Share an example of when you demonstrated leadership."   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Hiring process was pretty simple and they just took one phone interview, I got the confirmation after 3-5 days of my phone interview. Interview was like question from different frameworks.

they negotiated from $90 to $85

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Very efficient and professional

Entry Level Security Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

I stopped by their booth at the last NBMBA conference in houston, dropped my resume and explained my enthusiasm about working for them. I was contacted by a recruiter some few weeks later. He then scheduled me for a phone interview. The phone interview was about my resume(know your resume in and out). Be friendly with him or her, he introduced himself and we spoke briefly about the weather that day. I believe such an approach makes the interviewer more friendly.

I passed this phase and was scheduled for the second round which is a behavioral interview, also on the phone. Sample questions at this stage includes....tell me about a time when you did xyz. Approach this by thinking back at your previous job, explain a situation you phased, tell them what YOU did on this project specifically! (Read up on the star methodology and watch sample videos on youtube). I had this typed out on a paper which made remembrance easy.

The last stage was the office visit in DC. I was given an air ticket and setup in a hotel which was less than 5 minutes walk to the office. This consisted of two one - on - one interviews. One was with a really senior executive and the other was with a manager.

They are trying to determine if you are fit at this stage, they also want to allign you to the proper department. To ace this stage, you need to demonstrate you in depth understanding of what accenture does.

I was initially being interviewed for a systems integration role, later i was told that i am being considered for the technology infrastructure role. During the interview, i was asked what areas in technology infrastructure i would fit into. I demonstrated my fit for security by speaking about the importance of IT security in the modern day organization.

I received a verbal offer 2 weeks after the office visit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a team, what was your specific contribution to the success of the team?

What kind of person are you in a team?

Tell me about a time when you had to work without clear instruction or supervision.

Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture.

Accenture targets people they can manipulate. Such as former military personnel, people from disadvantaged backgrounds and low functionaing families, people with addictions and superficial values. They prey on young people for the churn and burn culture and unlike other management consulting companies their alumni are challenged.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't any. It is a superficial process and they are covertly assessing you. The questions themselves are from any book.   Answer Question
    Transparent. I negotiated a Senior Manager pay in a Manager title.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in August 2012.

Finally - Done with Interview Process

Guys i have completed my 5 interviews and back ground check with Accenture and ready for my Orientation next week. for those who are new to the interveiw process and wondering what are the steps , here is what you will go thru :

1- HR - Screening Interview : This interview will last up to 30 min, HR rep will go over your resume to make sure you have the skills and experience required for the position ( Pretty Basic interveiw , just relax and you will do fine )

2- Beharial interview : Once you pass the HR - Screening , HR will setup 3 interviews for you , this is one one them 3 and the most important one too. make sure you research and google Behavirial questions and answers and prepare for it.. this interview will last for an hour , i was asked 5 questions in total.

3- Skill Interview # 1 : make sure you know your resume and job description, this interview is based on your past experiences and skills sets you have mentioned on your resume. so my advice ? " Relax and you will do just fine :)

4- Skill Interview # 2 : this is # 2 skill inteview same process as above #1 " Relax and you will do just fine :)

5- Conforming Interview : If you have made it this far then " Yes you have got the Job" just make sure to be yourself when you meet the Patner and ask lots of questions regarding the company and your carieer path.

once you are done , HR will call and make you verbal offer , if you accept you will get paper work - offer in email. Guys " Negociate " does not hurt to try..
    Once you sign and return the offer , you will go thru back ground check which will take anywhere from 2-3 weeks tops...

hope this helps everyone :) no if you EXCUSE me , i have to get ready for my Orientation :)

Interview Questions
    • tell me 3 bad things about Accenture ?   View Answer

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Typical 3 step interview. Submitted my resume online and it took less than a month to have all three interviews scheduled. IMO the second (behavioral) one is make or brake one.

Interview Questions
    • Expect curve balls (not paying attention, interviewer only talking about his/her accomplishments etc.)   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate the salary, negotiated the signing bonus.

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

Very rigid interview process, there are 5-6 interviews and final interview if face to face. Recruiter filters thru candidates then first and second level on the phone interviews. Then everything stops for couple of weeks. If they are interested then 3rd and 4th interviews. If they are not interested then no feedback is given.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to describe scenarios from past experience and walk interviewer thru it   Answer Question
    I took what I was offered and no room for negotiation

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

I interviewed with Accenture for a Systems Integration Analyst position in their Dallas office. The interview was a 3 stage process with 1:1 interview at stage. The first two rounds were held at the university with the last one being held at their office. the interviews were pretty standard (background, skills, leadership, and why do you want to work here). They got back to me fairly quickly after each round and said they would get me an offer decision with two weeks of the final interview. It was 4-5 weeks before I was contacted and told no position were available in that office however positions may be available in other offices. After an additional 6 weeks I was given an offer. While I initially accepted, 6 months passed and I still had no information on start dates. After trying to get information for several weeks I found a better opportunity and decided to go with it. Most likely I would have taken the position had things moved in a timely manner however when the process has been going for 8 months total and you still have no start date, you take it as a sign things were no meant to be. Overall, the initial interview process was straight-forward and relaxed, however the offer stage was atrociously long, uninformative, and a very unimpressive look at the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

After going through the interview and offer process for 8 months and still not having a start date I found a better opportunity.