Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – The hiring process was terrible! The recruiter was disorganised and seemed to have no idea about the market value that other companies are paying. Salary expectations where discussed early and I went through 4 long drawn out interviews and was offered a salary over a 1/3rd less of what I am currently being paid.
Accenture offered a role similar to a graduate position, I have been in the industry for nearly 10 years and they knew this from the beginning of the interview process.
The length of time between each interview was on average 5-6 weeks. For the Senior MD interview I got the impression the Senior MD hadn't seen my CV or even knew anything about my role/me. Awful interview experience as a whole - the wasted my time and their own.

Interview Question – I was given a 'technical' case study, asked to read and then make recommendations.
The case study was simple and more business focused rather than 'technical'.
However, I had contacted the recruiter in advance asking about the format of the interview and was not given a response despite trying several times. The 'technical' case study was a surprise on the day.... however it wasn't difficult.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unrealistic entry level, salary offer (over a 3rd less than my current salary), recruitment process, MD interview (appeared to be uninterested, hadn't read my CV etc etc)
Overall the whole process was a waste of time. Very disappointed by their whole approach to new talent and the digital industry and the offer that was made. I expected more from Accenture and was excited about the position and the chance to work there but in hindsight I had a lucky escape.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2012.

Interview Details – in my case i had 3 interviews in one day, hr, senior executive(what can you bring) and senior manager (technichal)

Interview Question – pretty standard, why accenture, why you as a person,   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Having worked in Accenture as an Intern, I went straight through to the final stages when applying for a graduate position as an analyst in Technology Growth Platform (TGP). They very well might have a different name for it now! It was a 1 on 1 interview in their Dublin office. Bit of advice. Theres two Accenture offices. One is a completely separate building and its their centre for analytics. The other is right beside the bord gais energy theatre. Make sure you don't mix up the two and end up in the wrong place!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What do you think people value in you most?
When was the last time you had to think on your feet?
  Answer Question

Graduate Technology Analyst Interview

Graduate Technology Analyst
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview. Original interviewer couldnt make it, had to have interview with senior manager. Seemed disinterested to be there to be honest.

Applied online through their online process. Application form is a bit lengthy but worth doing well. Submitted on the deadline and didnt hear back from them for a month. Once I got the interview, they got back to me around a week later.

Interview Question – Asked fairly generic questions eg why Accenture, tell me about a time you worked in a team etc   Answer Question

Analytics Consulting Interview

Analytics Consulting
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Online application form and CV

Interview Question – Very informal interview, nothing tricky. The case study was very straightfoward.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone Interview, 2 face to face interviews. All interviews were just a conversation about my CV and why I choose to do the things that I did

Interview Question – Have you had a situation where somebody working for you was dishonest, if so how did you handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating took place, I pretty much said I couldn't accept that offer given that it was way below the level I am currently working and was genuinely going to decline their offer. They weren't going to budge in the slightest and upon further evaluation I decided I would risk taking a step backwards in my career and package for the hope a greater return in the long run.

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – First Round

Interview Question – An example of when did i have to prove i was credible?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Interview Details – 3 phases to the interview process:
- 1. Technical Interview: A chat about past technical experience and some questions on topics such as object oriented concepts.
- 2. Two short online logical reasoning tests.
- 3. Senior Executive interview: If you get this far you pretty much have it I think unless he/she doesn't like you.

Interview Question – Some simple OO concepts that I knew but found it hard to describe out loud as I never had done that before.   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – Followed the text book competency based interviews you read about

Interview Question – Name a time you encountered a problem while working in a team and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant - Graduate Position Interview

Systems Integration Consultant - Graduate Position
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had a 1:1 interview first which was basically a run through my CV with a few competency questions thrown in when i referred to any skills I had for example: Me: I'm a very logical person. Them: Tell me a time when you were logical. All staff were very pleasant, didn't feel like they were trying to catch you out on anything. Second interview took 3hrs and consisted of a 1:1 with a senior exec, a 2:1 with two manager and an assessment test. The senior exec was very friendly and it was more of a chat about the job and what I had done previously, than an interview. The 2:1 interview was a bit more structured but still quite casual and both interviewers were friendly. The assessment consisted of a short paragraph of text (6-8 lines) about a business situation. My scenario was the business consultant had to leave and you were in charge of implementing an IT system for a company, what do you do. You then had time to list questions to probe for further information from the test administrator, eg budget, timeline etc. Then you had to gather all the info you had and propose your plan. It wasn't difficult but threw me a little when I looked at it first. Overall the process was very easy, nothing too tricky. Just know why you want to join, know a bit about the company and be confident in your responses as they want to see this if they're going to be putting you in front of clients.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join?   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!