Accenture

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter for a Financial Analyst position at Accenture. After an initial phone screening with the recruiter, I spoke on the phone with a hiring manager at Accenture. The phone call lasted about 30 minutes and I answered some basic questions about my current role, what I liked about my current job, what I didn't like about my current job, and how I thought I could add value to their team. The manager than provided more details about Accenture and the position.

Within a week or so I got a call back from the recruiter saying they were interested in a fact to face interview. The face to face interview lasted about an hour and it was with two of the people I would be working with. I essentially provided a summary of my resume (education and work history), and talked more in detail about my current role and what skills I brought to the table. The interview was actually quite laid back and I wasn't asked any of the typical annoying interview questions.

Interview Question – Thankfully, there were not any difficult of unexpected questions. Just the expected questions about my specific work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After getting an offer, I told the recruiter that I was offered more money to stay with my current employer, and then upped their offer by $5K a year.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend instead of the traditional route. I had a screening with the recruiter lead of the project, then a skill interview with a manager, and then a closing interview with the senior project manager.

Negotiation Details – Entry level salary is not negotiable

Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an e-mail the next morning to schedule a phone interview. Was contacted by HR and talked for about 30 minutes about why I'd be a good fit, what did I know about the company, etc etc. A lot of standard interview questions. We then went over the rest of the interview process and scheduled a time for me to come in for an in-person interview, but I eventually declined and canceled that because I had received a job offer from another company.

Interview Question – What do you know about Accenture?   Answer Question

Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1st step in the process was the phone recruitment. The HR person goes into detail, asking about your resume, and why you would be a great fit for Accenture. If you pass that then you move onto the,

2nd step which was a skills interview with one of the higher ups. The person basically talks about the position at hand, and asks what you could bring to the table given your previous experience. This lasted about an hour.

The 3rd step, and probably the hardest, was the behavior interview. Best way to prepare for this is to research questions. None of them were tricky (probably because I prepared beforehand), but this is the toughest part of the interview. I was later told, this is what they use to weed out most of the applicants for the position. So do your best and prepare for it.

4th and final step, was two face to face interviews. One with a senior manager, and another with someone else on the team you'd be working with. Pretty simple, straight forward questions. To me this 4th interview just seemed like a way for the team to meet you and make sure you didn't come across as some nutjob. Like I stated before, if you pass the behavioral interview, I think you have a fantastic shot at securing the job.

HR contacted me 4 business days later and made me an offer.

Overall a tremendous experience. Everything was straightforward, and the woman at HR who helped me was delightful. She called me after every step, and made sure to accommodate me the best she could.

Interview Question – Name a time you got into a conflict with a co-worker. What was the problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – I first had a phone screening with a recruiter and was then scheduled for another phone interview which lasted for 1 hour. I made the final round and flew out to the office and met with 4 different people (from each stage of the position) and the total time at the office lasted 4 hours. The questions asked varied from behavioral to technical.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed at something.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Interview Details – 3 step hiring process. First a quick phone interview. Then a situational/behavioral phone interview lasting about an hour. Then a 1:1 interview lasting about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a lot of data? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Interview Details – Started off with 2 phone interviews, before conducing face to face interviews with 3 members of Accenture. Everything you expect from an interview same generic questions and even more generic problems they ask you to solve.

Interview Question – They asked random accounting vocabulary words and asked you to define them.   View Answer

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and went through an initial phone screening. Second round interview was also over the phone and consisted 4 situational questions. The final step of the process was a live interview at the office where you meet with 4 other employees (analyst, specialist, manager, and senior manager). Live interview lasted roughly 3-4 hours mainly going through your resume, although one was another situational interview, giving examples to five scenarios.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to solved a complex problem using a structured problem-solving process.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – A HR rep called me two days after I applied. She asked simple questions about my resume and why I was interested in the position. This step was very easy and at the end of the interview she said someone else in HR will contact me for the next step.

The second and final interview was a in person interview. I met with three separate Accenture employees. They asked some simple behavioral questions and a couple accounting questions. I did very well with the behavioral questins and so so on the accounting questions. All of the Accenture employees were very easy to get along with. The key is to be yourself.

About a week after my final interview they extended a offer.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because of the terrible job market, I will happily accept the offer without negotiation. It was a solid offer.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in September 2011.

Interview Details – First Round HR asked for personal information and gave information about Accenture. Later i got selected next round for Operational manager. where i was asked for some journal entry and other accounting question. Some other personal information

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!