Accenture

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

SAP Consultant Interview

SAP Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied via their website at the end of November, got a Assessment Center invitation for mid January (due to the holidays and the first offered date not being possible for me).

It was my first AC but seemed to be pretty standard AC-procedure: group case-study, roleplay, individual interview, SAP skill test (can be done with no prior SAP knowledge, just by logic), short presentation.

It was all very doable, well organized and in a very friendly atmosphere. The only critical moment for me (afaik) was, when they tried to make me accept another career focus than the one I applied for - luckily, I didn't change my mind, but another applicant who did was rejected, apparently because of that change.

Interview Question – Why don't you consider <alternative career focus>?   View Answer

Jump Start - IT Solutions Designer - SAP Techniker Interview

Jump Start - IT Solutions Designer - SAP Techniker
Munich (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – The structure of the interview is exactly as described in the older posts. I myself read from there before attending the interview.

About my specific experience, to start with:
I am not a native german speaker and just started speaking german since 3 years (part-time)
I was being considered for a different entry position
I did not have any direct prior experience in SAP or any other entry positions they were offering.

So, I did face a huge difficulty in clearing the rounds considering the fact about my german knowledge. Nevertheless, with a good preparation and proper planning and a little smartness one can clear every of these rounds.

What I have observed is that, it all depends on you. Like in my case, i honestly shown my interest in SAP instead of JAVA and also about my german skills. So, it is mostly about convincing them and you are motivated, ready for taking a new challenge and learn

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Everything was as mentioned in the online forums. (glassdoor and some other forums in German).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation possible as I applied for an entry position.

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Kronberg, Hesse (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2010.

Interview Details – Use Case in a group. Some technical tests and interview with a Senior Manager

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2009.

Interview Details – 1 telephone interview
1 on-site lunch with team manager and 1 colleague

Interview Question – none - all questions were general   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotation possible for interns

Intern Interview

Intern
Kronberg, Hesse (Germany)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Applications can be submitted via the website or through a contact. If the application is successful, there is usually there is then one interview over the phone and one in person, although if there are constraints (such as geographical ones, for example), this may be limited to just a phone interview if they feel the candidate was good enough.

Interview Question – "What would you look for in a candidate applying for our IT services?"   Answer Question

Jump Start Program Interview

Jump Start Program
Kronberg, Hesse (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in January 2013.

Interview Details – I met with the recruiter in a job fair and then I was invited for an Assessment Center in Kronberg bei Frankfurt.

Interview Question – The Assessment Day was mainly in German and this was a little bit of an issue for me.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I interviewed at Accenture in May 2011.

Interview Details – First stage - telephone screening with recruiter - based on general motivations, reasons to change etc.

Second stage - technical call with Accenture manager. High-level technical questions based on previous work and attitudes for the future.

Third Stage - face-to-face meeting with Senior Manager. Situational and behavioral based questions, case study.

Offer - followed within 48 hours of meeting.

Interview Question – Why have you waited until now to apply for Accenture?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – 1st round telephonic on resume
2nd round technical telphonic

Interview Question – what is STUD   Answer Question

Jump Start - IT Solution Designer Interview

Jump Start - IT Solution Designer
Kronberg, Hesse (Germany)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in January 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring process for Accenture is pretty straight forward but mine was delayed because a hiring freeze in December. The first step is the online application submission, followed by a telephone interview, and then the "Auswahltag".
The telephone interview was very simple, the recruiter asked very basic information and then they offered to come to the campus for the in person interview.
The day at the campus, the "auswhaltag" went as follows:
1 Introduction
7 Technical Test based on position applied for
8 Presentation
9 Overview of content in the training and what kind of projects to expect
10 Feedback and Job Offer if selected

Other than the technial test, which was multiple choice, there was pretty much other time during the day where this skill set was asked about it was more about soft skills. It was all about being able to collecting information and giving it back. After the case studies the information had to be verbally presented in some way, two role playing exercises and one normal presentation.

Interview Question – its was all pretty easy   Answer Question

Jump Start SAP Development Interview

Jump Start SAP Development
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had contact to campus recruitment team before. Sent full application to my contact person on campus, he forwarded and I got a callback 2 days later. They were more interested on having me in a sligthly different position, but quick phone interview went well. They just checked on the phone whethere I would be interested in the position they were offering, whether my I would be ok with the possible salary, expected travel etc. Than they invited me for assessment center the next week. Most important was group excercise and demonstration of softskills. There was also an interview and a short technical test on that day, but they were not as important. In the group interview try to be active but let other people talk as well, try to bring in the quiet participant, take care of everyone etc. The whole day was in German and in Germany accenture does a lot of work with german clients and sometimes makes reports in german, so you have to be fluent. The presentation of the group excercise was in english, but even people with a strong german accent weren't kicked out because of that.

Interview Question – No trick questions or so. For the interview try to be able to explain your CV well and why you studied what you did etc. Overall everyone was friendly, so don't be too nervous about the questions. The technical test was more difficult for me, because I haven't had computer science but they new that from my CV and although I am sure I scored very poorly in that test they still made me an offer. It's more important that they believe you can learn all the relevant aspekts and that you have the social skills. Do an assessment center training beforehand if possible, that will help you a lot!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for beginners. The only thing: me having a phd they accepted one year of my phd as previous experience and let me join on the level as someone being in the company for 1 year. Maybe that would be negotiable if you can demnonstrate that you have more experience relevant for the job. Otherwise you can't negotiate.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!