Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email from an HR recruiter within a few weeks. She scheduled a 15 minute phone interview which was an initial check to make sure that I qualified for the position. After this call, she scheduled another one hour phone interview with a different person from HR. This interview consisted of four behavioral questions where I had to list three main events that occurred within each answer. The three main events threw me off a bit but the interviewer was really nice and helped me out. The final interview was in the Houston office and consisted of a one hour presentation about Accenture with a Q&A session, tour and two 30-45 minute behavioral interviews with two different managers. During this final interview, we were asked to rank cities with Accenture offices we preferred to work in. I ranked Houston, Austin and San Francisco as my top three. I received an offer in the San Francisco office about a week later and accepted the offer. Looking back, I am happy that I accepted in offer in San Francisco instead of Houston or Austin because the clients in the bay area are much more aligned with my interests.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?
What is a course you have taken unrelated to your major?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer exceeded my expectations so I did not negotiate. The cost of living is higher on the west coast so my offer was greater than my salary in Houston at the time.

Manager Interview

Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was told it was a seven step process. I made it only to #4. Questions were initially very specific to my Resume. Was asked to explain in detail each period of employment in the list. Later on it got to how I handled pressure, adversity etc. Was asked to rate myself on a scale of novice to expert on several things not listed in the job requirements.

Interview Question – Explaining to the HR guys aspects of my previous jobs that these had no clue about. They pretended to understand.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was in three stages:
1- A short, 15-minute phone interview with a recruiter who asked me basic questions about my school, GPA, etc. She told me where I would be working and all about the interview process. She was super nice and very helpful.
2- A 45-minute behavioral interview with a different recruiter. He asked me basic behavioral questions such as - When was a time that you had to convince someone to do something? - Have you ever had a difficult situation that you needed to resolve? -
3- An onsite visit that consisted of a 45-minute presentation about the company and its benefits, followed by two 45-minute 1:1 behavioral interviews with senior management. The presentation was by three analysts who were laid-back and nice. The first interviewer was laid-back and it was more like a conversation. Just know your resume really well. The second interviewer was a little more intense, but it was still more of a conversation than an interview. Make sure you know your resume! He asked about C++, which I hadn't taken in 2 years.
The overall experience was really laid-back and easy. Just be personable and smile.

Interview Question – What are the principals of (something I had forgotten to take off my resume because I had taken it so long ago)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the offer was VERY competitive.

I T Business Systems Analyst Interview

I T Business Systems Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then in-person interview.

Interview Question – Standard questions for this type of position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What rate do I want, they said they will try to meet it. They went back and came up to almost what I wanted. I think it depends on the project and one's experience.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

Interview Details – I approached the Accenture booth at the 2012 SWE conference and got an informal 1st round interview the next day, the 2nd day of the conference. This consisted of a recruiter asking me what I knew about an Analyst's role. I didn't prepare much for this, it was very informal.

2nd round: I received an email two weeks later telling me I had been selected for a phone interview, which I scheduled for a couple days later. This, I had heard, was the make-or-break interview. It was 30 minutes of behavioral questions; it's a good idea to give detailed and relevant answers. Prepare for this portion and it should go smoothly.

3rd round: I was scheduled for a Houston office visit a couple of days later. They will pay for airfare and hotel. This lasted 3 hours. There were a few other college candidates there like myself. We were all given a 1.5 hr presentation together which outlined our role and what it's like to work there. After that, there were two 45-min interview with two different managers. These were extremely informal. I answered a question or two but they were more or less conversations about what it's like to work there. I asked a lot of questions because I was genuinely curious. Interviewed on Friday and got the offer on Monday.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral q's.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided I didn't want to be a consultant.

Management Consultant Interview

Management Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in September 2012.

Interview Details – Accenture hosted a number of networking events at which they introduced current Consultants and explained the company culture. They keep track of attendance at these events so it's crucial to attend. I submitted my resume and they invited me to a first-round interview. I had to separate, roughly hour-long case interviews. The first was a conversational case which was pretty nebulous and confusing. The second was a more quantitative case. Both interviewers were kind but to-the-point.

Interview Question – How would you know if this market is fragmented?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in June 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter... Phone interview... in person sessions with Partners and another sr mgr. Good discussions...

Interview Question – straightforward questions..   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accenture vacillated on where and under which partner they wanted to place me. Some internal politics BS probably. I had received a lot of feedback about the politics of their offices... This highlighted that concern. I decided to continue in my current job.

Quality Analyst - Team Lead Interview

Quality Analyst - Team Lead
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in April 2008.

Interview Details – Started with Skill Test - multiple choice ,objective questions, Technical interview followed by HR interview.

Interview Questions

• What you have done distinctive in your project that makes you specialized or expert or perfect for the job?   View Answer
  • How can you handle XYZ situation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation was not matching my expectations

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Houston, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was a standard phone interview from an HR rep. Pretty basic "tell me about yourself and why you're interested in the company" stuff, just to make sure you're capable of basic human interaction. The second interview was also a phone interview but it was a case interview with a manager in the company. For the third round, they flew me out to the office location I was interviewing for. There were about 5 other candidates, and it started with a presentation about the company. Then we split up and each did 3 one on one case interviews with people in the company ranging from manager to senior executive. We flew home on the same day. I recommend studying up on business cases as the whole point of their interview process is to determine whether you can think critically and present logical, strategic solutions to the case they present you with. Don't be afraid to take your time, use a structured approach and bring graph paper in case you want to draw them some kind of visual.

Interview Question – "You are a head chef at a restaurant and your team has been selected to be on Iron Chef. How do you prepare your team for the competition and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?"   View Answers (5)

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

Interview Details – (1) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to job experience (15 min)
 -background
 -interest in job
 -why I fit the role
(2) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to specific work experience (30 min)
 -work experience
 -meet the group
 -discuss current projects
 -behavioral questions
 -performance questions

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Salary

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!