Accenture

Updated Nov 19, 2014

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

Received a call on Monday and had my first screen interview, on Tuesday had a second interview it was a behavioral questions, on Friday was invited on-site interview to their office it was a case study with one manager and then with another manager if I am a good fir to the company.

Interview Questions
    • What are you passion about? If you have 1 million dollars what would you do?   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Very fast. They were polite, and helpful and lenient throughout the whole process. I was asked if I could reschedule, but I had exams during the other times they were available, so I was able to keep my time.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter with Accenture regarding opportunities with their People and Change group. I had an initial screen with the recruiter on a Monday (general overview), the phone interview on Wed (case), and the Final interview on Friday (personality interview, case). On Friday I was told I would be moving forward and to be prepared for a verbal offer. That following Monday, I recieved my verbal. After accepting the offer, I went through a background check through HireRight. Very straightforward - you give them the information, they call the numbers. Pretty painless. Two days after starting the background check, I recieved my written offer which I accepted.

Honestly, the best interviewing experience I have ever been through. Very fast, very professional.

Interview Questions
    • The entire intervew process was cake. Have questions prepared. I had 15 questions ready to ask.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a signing bonus. Always negotiate. The worst they can say is no. Trust me, you're not breaking their bank. The house always wins.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

Resume drop for OCR. Interviewees were invited to a social that helped us get to know the interviewers. First round was two one-hour, 1:1 interviews. In each, about 15 mins of behavioral ("tell me about a time you positively impacted society", etc) and the rest was a case. I was called that evening for final round the following day. Final round consisted of two hour long interviews, each 1:1. First was purely a case interview. Second was purely behavioral. All interviews were with executives - senior manager and above. All in all, everyone was extremely friendly (much more so than expected) and seemed genuinely interested in me. Nothing extremely challenging - just be prepared to defend any points made on your resume and have good stories. After doing final round on Friday, I received the offer the following Wednesday, making the whole process less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy - cases were not as hard as expected. One was M&A, one was related to risk management and final was related to pricing in healthcare industry. All interviewers were friendly and patient during the cases and all cases were made from their experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Liked offer as given.

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Began with recruiting sessions on campus. Submitted a resume, cover letter and transcript. Only one round of interviews, with two interviews each consisting of a case and behavioral interview.

None

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Was told it was a seven step process. I made it only to #4. Questions were initially very specific to my Resume. Was asked to explain in detail each period of employment in the list. Later on it got to how I handled pressure, adversity etc. Was asked to rate myself on a scale of novice to expert on several things not listed in the job requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining to the HR guys aspects of my previous jobs that these had no clue about. They pretended to understand.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

The interview was in three stages:
    1- A short, 15-minute phone interview with a recruiter who asked me basic questions about my school, GPA, etc. She told me where I would be working and all about the interview process. She was super nice and very helpful.
    2- A 45-minute behavioral interview with a different recruiter. He asked me basic behavioral questions such as - When was a time that you had to convince someone to do something? - Have you ever had a difficult situation that you needed to resolve? -
    3- An onsite visit that consisted of a 45-minute presentation about the company and its benefits, followed by two 45-minute 1:1 behavioral interviews with senior management. The presentation was by three analysts who were laid-back and nice. The first interviewer was laid-back and it was more like a conversation. Just know your resume really well. The second interviewer was a little more intense, but it was still more of a conversation than an interview. Make sure you know your resume! He asked about C++, which I hadn't taken in 2 years.
    The overall experience was really laid-back and easy. Just be personable and smile.

Interview Questions
    • What are the principals of (something I had forgotten to take off my resume because I had taken it so long ago)?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, the offer was VERY competitive.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

I applied online and received an email from an HR recruiter within a few weeks. She scheduled a 15 minute phone interview which was an initial check to make sure that I qualified for the position. After this call, she scheduled another one hour phone interview with a different person from HR. This interview consisted of four behavioral questions where I had to list three main events that occurred within each answer. The three main events threw me off a bit but the interviewer was really nice and helped me out. The final interview was in the Houston office and consisted of a one hour presentation about Accenture with a Q&A session, tour and two 30-45 minute behavioral interviews with two different managers. During this final interview, we were asked to rank cities with Accenture offices we preferred to work in. I ranked Houston, Austin and San Francisco as my top three. I received an offer in the San Francisco office about a week later and accepted the offer. Looking back, I am happy that I accepted in offer in San Francisco instead of Houston or Austin because the clients in the bay area are much more aligned with my interests.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness?
      What is a course you have taken unrelated to your major?

Answer Question
    The offer exceeded my expectations so I did not negotiate. The cost of living is higher on the west coast so my offer was greater than my salary in Houston at the time.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

I approached the Accenture booth at the 2012 SWE conference and got an informal 1st round interview the next day, the 2nd day of the conference. This consisted of a recruiter asking me what I knew about an Analyst's role. I didn't prepare much for this, it was very informal.

2nd round: I received an email two weeks later telling me I had been selected for a phone interview, which I scheduled for a couple days later. This, I had heard, was the make-or-break interview. It was 30 minutes of behavioral questions; it's a good idea to give detailed and relevant answers. Prepare for this portion and it should go smoothly.

3rd round: I was scheduled for a Houston office visit a couple of days later. They will pay for airfare and hotel. This lasted 3 hours. There were a few other college candidates there like myself. We were all given a 1.5 hr presentation together which outlined our role and what it's like to work there. After that, there were two 45-min interview with two different managers. These were extremely informal. I answered a question or two but they were more or less conversations about what it's like to work there. I asked a lot of questions because I was genuinely curious. Interviewed on Friday and got the offer on Monday.

Interview Questions

I decided I didn't want to be a consultant.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture in September 2012.

Accenture hosted a number of networking events at which they introduced current Consultants and explained the company culture. They keep track of attendance at these events so it's crucial to attend. I submitted my resume and they invited me to a first-round interview. I had to separate, roughly hour-long case interviews. The first was a conversational case which was pretty nebulous and confusing. The second was a more quantitative case. Both interviewers were kind but to-the-point.