Accenture Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Aug 2, 2015

3.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a three stage process which consisted of the HR rep., supervisor and hiring manager. Every one in the interview process asked basically the same questions. I prepared by going over commonly asked interview questions, studying my resume, and researching the company.

Management Consulting Analyst (Development Program) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, but knew a manager that worked at Accenture. She was able to forward my resume to a recruiter and expedite the review process. 1st Interview: Phone screen with recruiter. Just going over your resume, experience, and motivations. You should be able to talk about yourself and why you want to get into consulting and work for Accenture. 2nd Interview: About a week after the first interview. Also a phone interview with a different recruiter. This was about an hour of behavioral questions. I don't recall specifics, but nothing out of the ordinary. The tone of the interview was very conversational and it is apparent they want a clear idea of who you are and if you can work well in a team. Final interview: This was scheduled about a month after the 2nd Interview. In person interview at an Accenture office. This happens in three stages over about three hours. The first hour you meet casually with current analysts to discuss the nature of the position. During this time they'll go over the expectations of an analyst, their experience, and answer your questions (come with a lot, there is plenty of time). Second hour is the case interview with a manager or managing director. The last is a conversational interview (more a confirmation). This is basically talking about your background, how you work in teams, leadership experience, and why you want to work for Accenture. Some behavioral questions are sprinkled in, but again it was largely informal. I have a feeling that the case interview was the most significant portion of this interview process.

Interview Questions

• Case interview is based off of manager's real experience with a project. These are much more qualitative than a MBB. Be ready to show your problem solving process and make rational recommendations. Victor Cheng's frameworks are a useful guide, though the analyst cases are far easier. There was no computation portion in this case.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process included three different interviews. The first interview occurred over the phone with the recruiter. We went over my resume and the questions centered on my professional career. There were your basic questions of leadership, etc. I remember the recruiter asking what drew me to Accenture. I would recommend doing research on Accenture before starting your interview process. The second interview was again over the phone with some more in-depth behavioral questions. They were not difficult, but centered again on leadership, conflict resolution, management, problem solving, etc. The third interview was an in office interview divided into three parts. The first part included a lunch with a presentation from three analysts. The presentation was casual and centered on explaining more about Accenture. The second part was the case study interview. The interviewer was extremely friendly for someone's first time doing a case study interview. The scenario was a bit complicated, but it was more about how you can solve a problem/break down a problem and present it. The third interview was with a different Accenture employee and again focused on my past professional experiences.

Interview Questions

• They asked several times what I learned from each scenario I described.   Answer Question

Analyst (Management Consultant Development Program) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with HR. Asked about what I know about the company, why do I want to work there, and went over my resume. 2. 2 Phone interviews involving Behavioral Questions and Case Studies. Each interview was 1 hour long, 45 minutes for the Case, and 15 minutes for the behavioral questions. Both interviews were with current Consultant level employees. 3. In Office Interview. 1 hour presentation on the company. 1 hour case interview. 1 interview called a "confirming" interview to check how I fit in with the culture, my leadership skills, and my future career aspirations. Both interviews were with current "Manager" level employees. Everyone that I talked to was very nice and helpful and honest.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews were very straight forward. Much easier than what you would expect from MBB. But they made you think. One was a Mergers and Acquisition, another was on demand forecasting, another was on ways to increase revenue after bankruptcy, and one was on improving cash flow. Know what differentiates the company from it's competition, why you want to work there, and be ready to give examples of ways to have showcased your skills in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that there is No Negotiation for entry level analysts (on base salary). I over a year of experience, and they offered me the same as someone right out of college. But the offer is very fair for the market.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Received a call on Monday and had my first screen interview, on Tuesday had a second interview it was a behavioral questions, on Friday was invited on-site interview to their office it was a case study with one manager and then with another manager if I am a good fir to the company.

Interview Questions

• What are you passion about? If you have 1 million dollars what would you do?   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very fast. They were polite, and helpful and lenient throughout the whole process. I was asked if I could reschedule, but I had exams during the other times they were available, so I was able to keep my time.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Resume drop for OCR. Interviewees were invited to a social that helped us get to know the interviewers. First round was two one-hour, 1:1 interviews. In each, about 15 mins of behavioral ("tell me about a time you positively impacted society", etc) and the rest was a case. I was called that evening for final round the following day. Final round consisted of two hour long interviews, each 1:1. First was purely a case interview. Second was purely behavioral. All interviews were with executives - senior manager and above. All in all, everyone was extremely friendly (much more so than expected) and seemed genuinely interested in me. Nothing extremely challenging - just be prepared to defend any points made on your resume and have good stories. After doing final round on Friday, I received the offer the following Wednesday, making the whole process less than a week.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy - cases were not as hard as expected. One was M&A, one was related to risk management and final was related to pricing in healthcare industry. All interviewers were friendly and patient during the cases and all cases were made from their experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Liked offer as given.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with Accenture regarding opportunities with their People and Change group. I had an initial screen with the recruiter on a Monday (general overview), the phone interview on Wed (case), and the Final interview on Friday (personality interview, case). On Friday I was told I would be moving forward and to be prepared for a verbal offer. That following Monday, I recieved my verbal. After accepting the offer, I went through a background check through HireRight. Very straightforward - you give them the information, they call the numbers. Pretty painless. Two days after starting the background check, I recieved my written offer which I accepted. Honestly, the best interviewing experience I have ever been through. Very fast, very professional.

Interview Questions

• The entire intervew process was cake. Have questions prepared. I had 15 questions ready to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a signing bonus. Always negotiate. The worst they can say is no. Trust me, you're not breaking their bank. The house always wins.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I met Accenture people at school career fair and had two campus interviews and one final at the Accenture office, Houston, TX. The whole process was smooth and easy. The interview questions were; what is the role of an analyst? What is the role of a consultant and the different between the two? Why do you choose to work for Accenture?

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university and made it to the second round interview. Both rounds were in their downtown office. First round was very quick and was clearly just to filter out any obviously bad candidates. The second round was longer and was a pretty typical behavioral interview. Did not get asked to come back for the third round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with a poorly functioning team, and how did you overcome this?   Answer Question