Accenture Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jun 12, 2015

3.1

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and 1:1 then had a group interview with management and project team. Over all it went on well. Then need to do a presentation to the management and account management team.

Interview Questions

• Talent management and PMO process. Need a presentation on the process map of the talent and sourcing plan.   Answer Question
    • PMO and Resoruce management process.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst (Development Program) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, but knew a manager that worked at Accenture. She was able to forward my resume to a recruiter and expedite the review process. 1st Interview: Phone screen with recruiter. Just going over your resume, experience, and motivations. You should be able to talk about yourself and why you want to get into consulting and work for Accenture. 2nd Interview: About a week after the first interview. Also a phone interview with a different recruiter. This was about an hour of behavioral questions. I don't recall specifics, but nothing out of the ordinary. The tone of the interview was very conversational and it is apparent they want a clear idea of who you are and if you can work well in a team. Final interview: This was scheduled about a month after the 2nd Interview. In person interview at an Accenture office. This happens in three stages over about three hours. The first hour you meet casually with current analysts to discuss the nature of the position. During this time they'll go over the expectations of an analyst, their experience, and answer your questions (come with a lot, there is plenty of time). Second hour is the case interview with a manager or managing director. The last is a conversational interview (more a confirmation). This is basically talking about your background, how you work in teams, leadership experience, and why you want to work for Accenture. Some behavioral questions are sprinkled in, but again it was largely informal. I have a feeling that the case interview was the most significant portion of this interview process.

Interview Questions

• Case interview is based off of manager's real experience with a project. These are much more qualitative than a MBB. Be ready to show your problem solving process and make rational recommendations. Victor Cheng's frameworks are a useful guide, though the analyst cases are far easier. There was no computation portion in this case.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Accenture hosted a number of networking events at which they introduced current Consultants and explained the company culture. They keep track of attendance at these events so it's crucial to attend. I submitted my resume and they invited me to a first-round interview. I had to separate, roughly hour-long case interviews. The first was a conversational case which was pretty nebulous and confusing. The second was a more quantitative case. Both interviewers were kind but to-the-point.

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Began with recruiting sessions on campus. Submitted a resume, cover letter and transcript. Only one round of interviews, with two interviews each consisting of a case and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Four stages of phone interview followed by one on one with Director. Two were technical/case study type interviews with subject specialists (supply chain, procurement) , one was a general aptitude interview and one a personality type interview. After the final interview having been told I passed all stages including the final with flying colors I was told there was no longer a position available due to a slowdown in the work pipeline. I felt I had wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the centralization of procurement activities between merging companies that were previously competitors.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with an employee (not HR) and was basically just talking about the company and some of the things on your resume. I had very few questions asked and really just talked more about the company and position The second interview was behavioral based and was fairly tough. It was only 3 questions but she delved into my answers very deeply and asked why I did certain things at X point, why did I think that would be best, etc. The third interview was an office visit and interview with 2 senior execs who asked similar questions fromt he first two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to rely on someone and they did not come through for you, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Case Study for hypothetical merger integration engagement. Open ended questions about how one should integrate various pieces of the business ranging from sales to supply chain. Little if any questings test financial acumen or analytical skills. I believe I was selected for the intereview because my M&A experience. Accentures M&A practice appears to be geared to cross sell its core competancies if IT consulting, process improvement, supply chain management, etc. Interesting work, but not a great fit for someone like me with a financial and strategic planning background.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell the CEO what he should do the day after an announced merger?   1 Answer
    • Waht are the key intergration areas?   2 Answers

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

One day after Christmas 2010, I received an email for the systems integration consulting analyst position from the Houston office approximately two months after I applied for the position (though I had been in their system since April 2010). I was asked to provide my resume and unofficial transcripts (listing overall GPA). One week later I received an email asking to have an initial screening interview the very next day. This interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I described my resume in great detail, stated why I wanted to move to Houston, and why consulting and Accenture were something I was interested in. One day later I received notification that they would schedule a one hour situational phone interview. How I prepared: I came to glassdoor.com I looked at the possible questions that would be asked. I then tailored personally specific answers to each possible question. Because you can have your resume, cover letter, and applicable "cheat sheets" infront of you, you can look at materials and not memorize as much. This phone interview was a lot of talking and explaining situations in your past. The same evening I had my interview, I was notified that I received a positive recommendation and to continue forward with my application process. Accenture wanted me for a final round interview theee days later; however, because of prior work obligations I was unable to attend. The next date would be in Dallas nearly three weeks later; however, was later cancelled due to snow. The next available date was mid-March in their Chicago office (though I was still going for a Houston position). I pulled all applicable questions off of Glassdoor.com. The final interview day was extremely long. I woke up at 3 AM for a 5:40 AM flight to Chicago. I carried my suit on the plane and put it in the captain's closet. I changed in the airport and caught the train to downtown Chicago. When I arrived, two analysts took me out to lunch downtown at 11 AM. We spoke about what working as an SI analyst at Accenture and I was able to ask another other press questions. I asked a lot about the management consulting practice (as this was my interest). They said what you do as an SI analyst is almost no different than what you do as a mgt. consulting analyst, a mgt. consulting analyst just does more powerpoint. It depends on what projects you get put on and what projects you choose (after working for a little while). After lunch we went to back to the office, where I was to have two interviews with senior managers (not HR representatives). Both interviews were situational once again. The first interviewer was very laid back. It was more of a "just getting to know you" interview. The second interview was more serious, dry, and slightly more intimidating. Initially it shocked me; however, I eventually eased into the interview. I asked the same three questions to both interviewers: (1) typical career path; (2) Houston office working with a lot of oil/gas industry; and (3) does an SI analyst's role change from project to project. Both interviews were approximately 45 minutes a piece with a break in between. I finished the day at 3 PM with my flight leaving at 6 PM. This gave me enough time to get some local food to go. I arrived back at 11 PM. Two business days later I received a phone call with an offer. The start date was for two months later (June 2011).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to handle a lot of details. Describe a situation where there were unclear instructions.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had more than you could handle.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you worked in a group, it didn't go so well, and what you would do differently.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you sought out to know more about something.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when someone in a group wasn't pulling their weight and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Considering I had been trying to break into consulting for 10 months and didn't have a "real" job (however hold a Master's degree), I took what they gave me. This was mid-range 50k including a relocation bonus.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

(1) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to job experience (15 min) -background -interest in job -why I fit the role (2) Phone Interview - HR questions relating to specific work experience (30 min) -work experience -tough situations -behavioral questions -performance questions (3) Face-to-Face Interview -meet the group -discuss current projects -behavioral questions -performance questions

Salary

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

The first interview was a standard phone interview from an HR rep. Pretty basic "tell me about yourself and why you're interested in the company" stuff, just to make sure you're capable of basic human interaction. The second interview was also a phone interview but it was a case interview with a manager in the company. For the third round, they flew me out to the office location I was interviewing for. There were about 5 other candidates, and it started with a presentation about the company. Then we split up and each did 3 one on one case interviews with people in the company ranging from manager to senior executive. We flew home on the same day. I recommend studying up on business cases as the whole point of their interview process is to determine whether you can think critically and present logical, strategic solutions to the case they present you with. Don't be afraid to take your time, use a structured approach and bring graph paper in case you want to draw them some kind of visual.

Interview Questions

• "You are a head chef at a restaurant and your team has been selected to be on Iron Chef. How do you prepare your team for the competition and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?"   5 Answers