Accenture

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Very fast. They were polite, and helpful and lenient throughout the whole process. I was asked if I could reschedule, but I had exams during the other times they were available, so I was able to keep my time.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter with Accenture regarding opportunities with their People and Change group. I had an initial screen with the recruiter on a Monday (general overview), the phone interview on Wed (case), and the Final interview on Friday (personality interview, case). On Friday I was told I would be moving forward and to be prepared for a verbal offer. That following Monday, I recieved my verbal. After accepting the offer, I went through a background check through HireRight. Very straightforward - you give them the information, they call the numbers. Pretty painless. Two days after starting the background check, I recieved my written offer which I accepted.

Honestly, the best interviewing experience I have ever been through. Very fast, very professional.

Interview Questions
    • The entire intervew process was cake. Have questions prepared. I had 15 questions ready to ask.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a signing bonus. Always negotiate. The worst they can say is no. Trust me, you're not breaking their bank. The house always wins.

I T Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Phone interview, then in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    What rate do I want, they said they will try to meet it. They went back and came up to almost what I wanted. I think it depends on the project and one's experience.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

The interview was in three stages:
    1- A short, 15-minute phone interview with a recruiter who asked me basic questions about my school, GPA, etc. She told me where I would be working and all about the interview process. She was super nice and very helpful.
    2- A 45-minute behavioral interview with a different recruiter. He asked me basic behavioral questions such as - When was a time that you had to convince someone to do something? - Have you ever had a difficult situation that you needed to resolve? -
    3- An onsite visit that consisted of a 45-minute presentation about the company and its benefits, followed by two 45-minute 1:1 behavioral interviews with senior management. The presentation was by three analysts who were laid-back and nice. The first interviewer was laid-back and it was more like a conversation. Just know your resume really well. The second interviewer was a little more intense, but it was still more of a conversation than an interview. Make sure you know your resume! He asked about C++, which I hadn't taken in 2 years.
    The overall experience was really laid-back and easy. Just be personable and smile.

Interview Questions
    • What are the principals of (something I had forgotten to take off my resume because I had taken it so long ago)?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, the offer was VERY competitive.

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

I had applied for this job online and did not even remember when did I apply. One day, I received an email in my inbox saying that I have been narrowed down for an 3 round interview process for Entry level consultant position. By the ways, entry level consultant at ACN is called Analyst. The email asked for a copy of my updated resume and unofficial transcripts for my degree, listing my overall GPA. Also, I was asked for my top 3 location preferences.

Preview:

Now, I applied online as a 'recent grad' and hence I was called by college recruiting division. Keep in mind, ACN did not come to my campus nor was I hired through a college job fair. Also, they were looking to fill positions quickly. I was being hired for Houston office but my final 1:1 interview was in Dallas

Round 1:
    So, the first round was a very basic interview about my resume, types of roles I am looking at and any questions about the position. It lasted for about 15 minutes and the very SAME DAY I received confirmation.

Round 2:
    This interview lasted for about 45 mins.This interview was situational in nature. It focused on how you to handle situations in the past that are common to Accenture's working environment. This is a very detailed process and you will be probed to answer questions which arise from your situational experience. Be prepared by answering all possible pros and cons. Provide as much detail as you can and cater those details to their requirements. For this round, I owe a lot to Glassdoor. Check out the interview questions.

Round 3:
    I received CONFIRMATION of clearing this round the very same day. It was like a dream come true for me. Anyways, Round 3 was bit delayed because the day I was scheduled to fly to Dallas witnessed unusual snowing (glaze) in Houston and my flight was cancelled. As a result, it was rescheduled 2 weeks later. So in all i had to wait for a month. My 3rd round was very straight forward, it was 4 hour long which involved office tour, benefit information and meeting with 2 partners for 45 minutes each. Within 3-4 days, I received my final offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult situation at work and how did you handle it? (Round 2)   View Answer
    • Give me an example of how you lead or participated in a team and what were the outcomes. (Round 2)   View Answer
    • Round 3, was very straight forward. No tricky questions. Similar to phone interview questions.
      Why Accenture?

View Answer
    Well, I did not negotiate but I was told that because of my higher academic qualification (Masters), was taken into consideration while determining my package. I had a couple of other interviews with other companies but the overall offer made by Accenture seemed fairly good. Nothing exceptional but acceptable.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

I saw an Accenture representative (the HR rep for that state) at a career fair, handed off my resume, references, cover letter, etc - and discussed my experience. Several weeks later, I got my first interview scheduled through my university's career center. From there, the process was pretty straight forward:

1ST INTERVIEW: About 30 minutes long, 1:1 with a senior manager. We discussed my work experience, background, the structure of the company, and interest in Accenture - no behavioral questions. This was "The easy one," as the recruiter said. They gave me plenty of opportunities to ask questions, and here's a key - use those opportunities! They don't like it when candidates just stay quiet (friend of mine didn't ask anything, and he wasn't invited back). That night, I got an email saying I qualified for the second round of interviews.

2ND INTERVIEW: My second interview was held over the phone, because they did not have enough time slots at the university to fit everyone in. No big deal. That friday, I did my second interview over the phone. It was with another senior manager, who was working from home that day. This was a behavioral interview. Mostly team-based questions, like when were you involved in a team, and the result wasn't as good as you wanted, when did you disagree with a co-worker, etc. There was also a question that I found on here, but thought to myself "there's no way I'll get that question." I prepared for it none the less, and good thing! they asked it. It was "tell me a time when you had to debug an issue with a computer system" or something like that. Again, lots of opportunities to ask questions - make use of them. A few days later, I got an e-mail inviting me to the third and final round of interviews.

3RD INTERVIEW: This was an on-site interview. And let me tell you, their new office in downtown Houston is VERY neat. But if you're more into a traditional office - it might not be for you. So make sure you check it out properly before leaving. Anyway, on to the interview. I was there with a group of six or so other candidates. We were there for three hours. The first hour involved an office tour, and a benefits presentation, which also discussed Accenture's corporate citizenship and the like. The next two hours were two 1:1 interviews. The first was all behavioral - but these questions were a bit more technical, more specific to the position. I assume they were trying to figure out if I really knew what the position was, and if I had any experience dealing with high tech systems in the past. Again, time for questions. The second was a bit of the same - but slightly more open, with more "why acenture?" questions. Remember, if you mention travel and projects - they'll probably say "you could do that with any firm - why us?" so come up with something better!

The next business day, I got a call with the offer. It was pretty much spot on with the average for <1 year in Houston listed on this site. They gave me about a week and a half to get back to them, but i'm sure more time was available if i had really needed it.

Keep in mind - when I say "ask questions," i'm talking about questions more pertinent to the position and specifics of the company, such as how they measure success.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group that had conflicting viewpoints   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you were working in a team and it did not go so well, what did you do and what would you have done differently.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to debug something. How did you go about solving the problem?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in June 2011.

Contacted by recruiter... Phone interview... in person sessions with Partners and another sr mgr. Good discussions...

Interview Questions

Accenture vacillated on where and under which partner they wanted to place me. Some internal politics BS probably. I had received a lot of feedback about the politics of their offices... This highlighted that concern. I decided to continue in my current job.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Accenture in February 2011.

The first interview was pretty simple - just testing your knowledge of the company and the basics of the job.

The second interview was a bit tougher, since it was all situational. I'm not sure if this is common, but my interviewer didn't even give me the chance to ask questions on my second interview. The interview was supposed to last 1 hour, but mine lasted 30 min. I think it could have stretched to 40 or 45 minutes if I was able to ask questions, since I had quite a few lined up, but the interviewer thanked me for my time and said goodbye.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to debug something and what was the result?   View Answer

Quality Analyst - Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in April 2008.

Started with Skill Test - multiple choice ,objective questions, Technical interview followed by HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • What you have done distinctive in your project that makes you specialized or expert or perfect for the job?   View Answer
    • How can you handle XYZ situation   Answer Question

Compensation was not matching my expectations

Systems Integration Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

1st interview - 30 minutes - Review of resume and general "are you interested in the company" and "good fit for company" probing.

2nd interview - Hour-long interview - Behavioral questions for about 30 minutes, plenty of time for questions and also getting to know the interviewer.

Accenture seems like a great fit for a diverse group of backgrounds and many people who stay there find their work interesting from project to project.

Interview Questions
    Not for intern position. Leverage yourself for full-time hire.