Accenture Interview Questions & Reviews in Houston, TX

22 interviews

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Consisted of 3 Interviews, 1 in office

Did not negotiate

Flex Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

4 interviews - Phone Interview with HR, Skills Test, Behavioral and Face to Face. All interviews were over the phone except the last one. Prepare to give a description of your experience that is in line with their accountability, responsibilities or qualifications. Give specific measure answers. Additionally be prepared with your star questions for behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to present controversial information.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation when you had to work with someone who is difficult to get along with or less cooperative. Give me an example of when this happened to you and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Interview process was, I would suggest more clarity in chargeability from the recruiter for the position.

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

I was contacted by Accenture Recruiter about their interest in talking to me about a Sr Manager opportunity in their Management Consulting practice. Initial phone interview was rescheduled a few times. Good discussions with another sr manager which included a case discussion. During the phone interview itself the Sr manager felt that I was doing well and discussed next round options. In person discussions scheduled in Houston office. Met with a few sr managers and partners. Got a call later in the day that all gave very positive feedback. More personal details were requested for background check to extend an offer. I was then requested to get on the phone with another sr partner who suggested that I talk to another sr partner in an adjacent practice.

I work for a big corporation currently. I wanted to work for a nimbler organization and hence I was interested in Accenture's MC practice that is relatively smaller. While Accenture has smart people, it unfortunately behaves like a big corporation with lots of processes, slow decision making. It also felt like everyone at various levels in the organization wanted to have an input on every decision. This is generally indicative of other problems in the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when I envisioned, project managed and successfully executed a Project   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

The interview process was standard. Uses a similar approach to case studies and behavioral interviews like other companies.

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

I had applied for this job online and did not even remember when did I apply. One day, I received an email in my inbox saying that I have been narrowed down for an 3 round interview process for Entry level consultant position. By the ways, entry level consultant at ACN is called Analyst. The email asked for a copy of my updated resume and unofficial transcripts for my degree, listing my overall GPA. Also, I was asked for my top 3 location preferences.

Preview:

Now, I applied online as a 'recent grad' and hence I was called by college recruiting division. Keep in mind, ACN did not come to my campus nor was I hired through a college job fair. Also, they were looking to fill positions quickly. I was being hired for Houston office but my final 1:1 interview was in Dallas

Round 1:
    So, the first round was a very basic interview about my resume, types of roles I am looking at and any questions about the position. It lasted for about 15 minutes and the very SAME DAY I received confirmation.

Round 2:
    This interview lasted for about 45 mins.This interview was situational in nature. It focused on how you to handle situations in the past that are common to Accenture's working environment. This is a very detailed process and you will be probed to answer questions which arise from your situational experience. Be prepared by answering all possible pros and cons. Provide as much detail as you can and cater those details to their requirements. For this round, I owe a lot to Glassdoor. Check out the interview questions.

Round 3:
    I received CONFIRMATION of clearing this round the very same day. It was like a dream come true for me. Anyways, Round 3 was bit delayed because the day I was scheduled to fly to Dallas witnessed unusual snowing (glaze) in Houston and my flight was cancelled. As a result, it was rescheduled 2 weeks later. So in all i had to wait for a month. My 3rd round was very straight forward, it was 4 hour long which involved office tour, benefit information and meeting with 2 partners for 45 minutes each. Within 3-4 days, I received my final offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult situation at work and how did you handle it? (Round 2)   View Answer
    • Give me an example of how you lead or participated in a team and what were the outcomes. (Round 2)   View Answer
    • Round 3, was very straight forward. No tricky questions. Similar to phone interview questions.
      Why Accenture?
        View Answer
    Well, I did not negotiate but I was told that because of my higher academic qualification (Masters), was taken into consideration while determining my package. I had a couple of other interviews with other companies but the overall offer made by Accenture seemed fairly good. Nothing exceptional but acceptable.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Accenture in February 2011.

The first interview was pretty simple - just testing your knowledge of the company and the basics of the job.

The second interview was a bit tougher, since it was all situational. I'm not sure if this is common, but my interviewer didn't even give me the chance to ask questions on my second interview. The interview was supposed to last 1 hour, but mine lasted 30 min. I think it could have stretched to 40 or 45 minutes if I was able to ask questions, since I had quite a few lined up, but the interviewer thanked me for my time and said goodbye.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to debug something and what was the result?   View Answer

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2011.

One day after Christmas 2010, I received an email for the systems integration consulting analyst position from the Houston office approximately two months after I applied for the position (though I had been in their system since April 2010). I was asked to provide my resume and unofficial transcripts (listing overall GPA). One week later I received an email asking to have an initial screening interview the very next day. This interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I described my resume in great detail, stated why I wanted to move to Houston, and why consulting and Accenture were something I was interested in.

One day later I received notification that they would schedule a one hour situational phone interview. How I prepared: I came to glassdoor.com I looked at the possible questions that would be asked. I then tailored personally specific answers to each possible question. Because you can have your resume, cover letter, and applicable "cheat sheets" infront of you, you can look at materials and not memorize as much. This phone interview was a lot of talking and explaining situations in your past. The same evening I had my interview, I was notified that I received a positive recommendation and to continue forward with my application process. Accenture wanted me for a final round interview theee days later; however, because of prior work obligations I was unable to attend. The next date would be in Dallas nearly three weeks later; however, was later cancelled due to snow. The next available date was mid-March in their Chicago office (though I was still going for a Houston position). I pulled all applicable questions off of Glassdoor.com.

The final interview day was extremely long. I woke up at 3 AM for a 5:40 AM flight to Chicago. I carried my suit on the plane and put it in the captain's closet. I changed in the airport and caught the train to downtown Chicago. When I arrived, two analysts took me out to lunch downtown at 11 AM. We spoke about what working as an SI analyst at Accenture and I was able to ask another other press questions. I asked a lot about the management consulting practice (as this was my interest). They said what you do as an SI analyst is almost no different than what you do as a mgt. consulting analyst, a mgt. consulting analyst just does more powerpoint. It depends on what projects you get put on and what projects you choose (after working for a little while). After lunch we went to back to the office, where I was to have two interviews with senior managers (not HR representatives). Both interviews were situational once again. The first interviewer was very laid back. It was more of a "just getting to know you" interview. The second interview was more serious, dry, and slightly more intimidating. Initially it shocked me; however, I eventually eased into the interview. I asked the same three questions to both interviewers: (1) typical career path; (2) Houston office working with a lot of oil/gas industry; and (3) does an SI analyst's role change from project to project. Both interviews were approximately 45 minutes a piece with a break in between. I finished the day at 3 PM with my flight leaving at 6 PM. This gave me enough time to get some local food to go. I arrived back at 11 PM. Two business days later I received a phone call with an offer. The start date was for two months later (June 2011).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to handle a lot of details.
      Describe a situation where there were unclear instructions.
        Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had more than you could handle.   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you worked in a group, it didn't go so well, and what you would do differently.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you sought out to know more about something.   View Answer
    • Describe a time when someone in a group wasn't pulling their weight and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Considering I had been trying to break into consulting for 10 months and didn't have a "real" job (however hold a Master's degree), I took what they gave me. This was mid-range 50k including a relocation bonus.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2009.

Case Study for hypothetical merger integration engagement. Open ended questions about how one should integrate various pieces of the business ranging from sales to supply chain. Little if any questings test financial acumen or analytical skills. I believe I was selected for the intereview because my M&A experience. Accentures M&A practice appears to be geared to cross sell its core competancies if IT consulting, process improvement, supply chain management, etc. Interesting work, but not a great fit for someone like me with a financial and strategic planning background.

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell the CEO what he should do the day after an announced merger?   View Answer
    • Waht are the key intergration areas?   View Answers (2)

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

I saw an Accenture representative (the HR rep for that state) at a career fair, handed off my resume, references, cover letter, etc - and discussed my experience. Several weeks later, I got my first interview scheduled through my university's career center. From there, the process was pretty straight forward:

1ST INTERVIEW: About 30 minutes long, 1:1 with a senior manager. We discussed my work experience, background, the structure of the company, and interest in Accenture - no behavioral questions. This was "The easy one," as the recruiter said. They gave me plenty of opportunities to ask questions, and here's a key - use those opportunities! They don't like it when candidates just stay quiet (friend of mine didn't ask anything, and he wasn't invited back). That night, I got an email saying I qualified for the second round of interviews.

2ND INTERVIEW: My second interview was held over the phone, because they did not have enough time slots at the university to fit everyone in. No big deal. That friday, I did my second interview over the phone. It was with another senior manager, who was working from home that day. This was a behavioral interview. Mostly team-based questions, like when were you involved in a team, and the result wasn't as good as you wanted, when did you disagree with a co-worker, etc. There was also a question that I found on here, but thought to myself "there's no way I'll get that question." I prepared for it none the less, and good thing! they asked it. It was "tell me a time when you had to debug an issue with a computer system" or something like that. Again, lots of opportunities to ask questions - make use of them. A few days later, I got an e-mail inviting me to the third and final round of interviews.

3RD INTERVIEW: This was an on-site interview. And let me tell you, their new office in downtown Houston is VERY neat. But if you're more into a traditional office - it might not be for you. So make sure you check it out properly before leaving. Anyway, on to the interview. I was there with a group of six or so other candidates. We were there for three hours. The first hour involved an office tour, and a benefits presentation, which also discussed Accenture's corporate citizenship and the like. The next two hours were two 1:1 interviews. The first was all behavioral - but these questions were a bit more technical, more specific to the position. I assume they were trying to figure out if I really knew what the position was, and if I had any experience dealing with high tech systems in the past. Again, time for questions. The second was a bit of the same - but slightly more open, with more "why acenture?" questions. Remember, if you mention travel and projects - they'll probably say "you could do that with any firm - why us?" so come up with something better!

The next business day, I got a call with the offer. It was pretty much spot on with the average for <1 year in Houston listed on this site. They gave me about a week and a half to get back to them, but i'm sure more time was available if i had really needed it.

Keep in mind - when I say "ask questions," i'm talking about questions more pertinent to the position and specifics of the company, such as how they measure success.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group that had conflicting viewpoints   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you were working in a team and it did not go so well, what did you do and what would you have done differently.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to debug something. How did you go about solving the problem?   Answer Question