Accenture IT Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

exhausting three round interviews with the first screening one on the phone, the second phone interview was behavioral interview again. it took about 50 minutes. Then I was invited to the san francisco office and interviewed with two managers again.

Interview Questions

I told them that I could only accept san francisco but the offer came in for sacramento. they also included a bonus. I turned it down. A week later was offered the job for san jose and had to turn it down again.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter within a week of applying to their position online. They asked me general background, experience and personality questions and discussed the next steps in the process: 3 more phone interviews -- a skill one, a behavioral one, and a web conference.

The skills interview was scheduled very quickly after the initial interview, however, it was on a late Monday and I had a bad feeling about it, because generally Mondays are stressful and I didn't want to be interviewed after someone had a bad day. I had good reason to be worried. The person who called me for the skill interview had not even looked at my resume (he was surprised that I had a certification in a field that they were interviewing me for and it was the basis for the interview itself). So naturally, he didn't ask me any questions about my 3 year experience in this area. Instead, he shot 3 quick scenario questions at me, to which I replied trying to give him real-life examples that I've had that closely resembled his scenario. He didn't like my answers and kept asking me to paraphrase them, so they fit whatever answer sheet he seems to have printed. He didn't seem to be a good subject matter expert, either, because he kept confusing key terminology and it seemed that he had printed questions/answers from somewhere and was trying to get an answer that is exactly as it appeared in front of him. We ended with me asking him a couple of questions, but seeing his abrupt and one-word answers, I got the feeling that he will not be recommending that I get hired, anyway, so I left it at that.

Accenture is a good company, but it would be nice that the people who conduct interviews at least read the applicants resume or be interested in their experience. I don't think I will be getting an offer from them, but am pursuing other endeavors.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about implementing a new service for a company with 6 offices and 1000 employees?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Quick 20 minute introductory call to feel provide some basic information about Accenture. Then, a more in depth hour long call which was a situational interview. An on site half day event with hosts and two 40 minute interviews with executives. The interviews focused on situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were part of a large team project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Signing bonuses can be negotiated. Rates are more difficult as they are based on college attended.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

This was an interview right out of school they came and did a presentation which was followed by first round interviews in person two days later we were told if we should come back for a second round. Both of which were one on one interviews very personality oriented questions. That was followed by a office location visit which included a presentation and two more one on one interviews again questions were behavior oriented.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had more than you can handle on your plate and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Paris (France)).

Interview

1. Career fair at my school where I got a really short interview (5-10min) with an HR about my experience.
    2. Got an invitation to an assessment center two weeks later for a full morning (3h).
    3. At the assessment morning, there were 20 applicants:
    3.1. 30min breakfast
    3.2. 30min presentation of Accenture by a Senior Consultant
    3.3. 30min Serious Game
    3.4. 30min interview with a Consultant (Manager)
    4. Got a positive answer two weeks later

Interview Questions

• Mainly description of my experience. NB, always describe with a STAR framework (Situation, Task, Achievement, Result)   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Athens (Greece)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process spreads through four interviews.

The first is with an HR Recruiter and in addition to the one-to-one interview contains also Cognitive test (20 min), SQL test (30 min), two programing languages of your choice test (Java, C#, C, C++, Cobol)(55 min) and a Case Study (40 min). The first interview is the "hardest" one, prepare yourself for 4 hours of continuous testing and scrutiny.

The second interview is with the Project Managers that think you might fit in their team, the questions are focused in teamwork and leadership skills that you might posses. For the second interview be prepared to tell convincing stories about your experiences in previous projects and also make sure that you highlight all your key character attributes. This interview is focused to test your knowledge in key computer science areas like databases, project management etc. Mainly contains questions like "Tell me about a project that failed and what was your role in that".

The third interview is with a Senior Manager. In this interview, the manager will review the Case Study that you wrote during the first interview and will try to test your consultancy skills. Make sure you know why you wrote what and be prepared to give persuasive answers. If you made it this far, then congratulations, you are just one step from your goal!

The forth and last interview is with the Vice President of your local Accenture office. The VP wants to know you better, he will ask you to run him through your case study and into what is your approach to solve it. Also be prepared to show him some of your personal projects. The main reason of this interview is to bridge the VP with the new blood. This is a relaxed interview, VP already knows that you have something that the other three interviewing parties liked about you, so he will not push you to the limits like the others did. Make sure that you bring in forefront characteristics of your personality such as gratitude, straightforwardness, honesty etc.

Well done! You made through all the stages, now wait for the job offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the stages for a successful project management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did my research and found out that the offer was great.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Accenture (Athens (Greece)) in May 2011.

Interview

Nice environment, technical and cognitive test, as well as a case study

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you solved a problem   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Accenture (Rome (Italy)) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview process conisted n three phases:
    1- group interviews with presentations, role games and english test. This pasrt was conducted by an outsourcing staff.
    2- 1:1 interview with a manager, talking about my background, my expectations and playing a role game
    3- 1:1 interviw with partner. it was just a formal conversations about Accenture an my future role
    The first two phases have been really stressful, indead the last one has been almost relaxing,
    Anyway if you like consulting approach, you will enjoy yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations. The offer was fixed

IT Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

Interview

I went for the aptitude test. it was easier than i expected although there wasnt enough time so you have to answer the questions as fast as you can. there were also 2 essay questions to choose from. i passed the test though. i hope you pass the test as well

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture in June 2009.

Interview

HR round, followed by an Ops round - both face to face
    Then telephonic interview with HR. Stress was on any gaps in the resume and educational background and very little focus on relevant job experience and related achievements
    Was selected for next round for Ops, but did not get call for few weeks. HR called after 3 weeks and asked if interview call was made. They said they will again call next day for interview but no call came.

They looked organised and were cordial on location.
    But have this tendency to leave the selection process half done. This has happened multiple times. Huge improvement area for their HR.

Interview Questions

• Any 2 challenges faced in job and how you overcame   1 Answer