Accenture

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2011.

All Interviews were pretty easy to clear.
3 Rounds - First Technical, Second Technical and HR Discussion.
No communication between people, I was already interviewed and had an offer while some other guy wanted to take my first level interview though I held an offer as well.
Multiple people were communicating with me rather than just a single point of contact regarding the offer and compensation and other stuff.
Also, they requested lots of documentation even before making an offer and even HR discussion, which was really irritating.

Interview Questions

Compensation offered was much below the expectation and even the market standards, and that too lots of variable components. Also there was no location flexibility being offered while hiring was on for multiple locations.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

There were two telephone interviews which was unusual. Both focused on previous work experience.

Of the two people I was interviewed by both were nice people. Both were pretty nice people, although both made a point of drilling down into the detail of my experiences.

The interviews concerned previous work experience and also methodologies, which were quite important in the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What trends are facing the investment banking industry right now?   Answer Question
    • What trends exist currently in the world of transaction processing?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

The first phone interview was with an executive IT consultant. It went well and I moved on to the situational phone interview. This was a classic situational interview where I gave canned answers I prepared for common questions using my personal experiences.

I was flown out to their HQ where I was shown a presentation and went into two interviews with current executive consultants. I was paired up with a senior executive who was in an entirely different branch of consulting than I was applying to. This made it hard to connect and actually explain what I was capable of.

The second interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you had little to no direction/ instructions?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a group setting and how you took charge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

First round was phone interview where I was asked mostly competency based questions and was also asked in details about my work experience

Interview Questions
    No I was fairly ok with the offer so did not negotiate

IT Consultant Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

Work culture is really amazing & you always feel there is someone that cares for you. I was kept in loop thru out the process. But unfortunately the whole interview process took close to 3 months (including the time taken to make me an offer), which I think is bit too long.

Interview Questions
    • How does server message block play a role in Windows client server environment   Answer Question
    Dont accept the first offer which is usually at the bottom of the salary zone.

IT Consultant Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

The interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. The first phone interview was general information regarding experience, personality, education and interest. Second phone interview were the typical "describe a situation where" type questions that required you to think, response and reason through questions.

The in person interviews vary across the company. Some are intensely technical and some are laid back. It really all depends on who's conducting the interview and there is no blueprint. You'll usually be interviewing for a particular role so you should be be able to speak towards that role comfortably.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where someone on your team wasnt pulling their weight and how you handled it.   Answer Question