Accenture

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Consultant

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

Interview Details – I initally applied for a role in Accenture which I wasn't suitable for but luckily the recruiter forwarded my resume to another recruiter for a role more closely aligned with my skillset.

Phone Screening
I initially had a telephone screening interview with an Accenture recruiterl. The recruiter asked me a several questions about my resume and explained what the interview process entailed. At the end of the interview the recruiter advised that she would forward my details on to another Accenture recuiter to arrange the next interviews.

Situational Interview
A week after my screening interview I received an email inviting me to a skills and situational interview. The email asked me to provide dates and times of my availability which I did. A few days later I have recived confirmation of the situational interview.

The situational interview was by phone. I was asked 2 "Tell me a time" type questions but the interview asked several probing questions. My reccommendation here is to have a couple of STAR scenarios to hand. The interview questions on Glassdoor were really useful.

Skills Interview
A few days after this interview I had the skills interview over the phone. This interview is designed to see if you have the required skills for the role, so my advice is to look at the job description and align your responsse with what the role requires you to do. The interviewer was a nice guy and we chatted about the role, the company, the structure. A few days after this interview I received confirmation that I would be moving forward with the last stage.

Confirming Interview
The last stage took about 2 weeks to arrange. I had to go into one of Accenture's offices to have the interview over Telepresence. The interview was with a senior executive. He asked me questions to do with my career aspiration and provided more background information about the company and opportunities to progress. A few days after this I received an email saying that Accenture would be making me an offer. I also received an email to complete for the background verification process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you have to explain a difficult process or situation? Why was it difficult? What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer I got I thought was fair but there is no harm in trying to negotiate, which I did. However, even though they weren't able to increase my offer I am very happy with the package.

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2011.

Interview Details – All Interviews were pretty easy to clear.
3 Rounds - First Technical, Second Technical and HR Discussion.
No communication between people, I was already interviewed and had an offer while some other guy wanted to take my first level interview though I held an offer as well.
Multiple people were communicating with me rather than just a single point of contact regarding the offer and compensation and other stuff.
Also, they requested lots of documentation even before making an offer and even HR discussion, which was really irritating.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Compensation offered was much below the expectation and even the market standards, and that too lots of variable components. Also there was no location flexibility being offered while hiring was on for multiple locations.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

Interview Details – First round was phone interview where I was asked mostly competency based questions and was also asked in details about my work experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No I was fairly ok with the offer so did not negotiate

London, England (UK)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

Interview Details – There were two telephone interviews which was unusual. Both focused on previous work experience.

Of the two people I was interviewed by both were nice people. Both were pretty nice people, although both made a point of drilling down into the detail of my experiences.

The interviews concerned previous work experience and also methodologies, which were quite important in the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What trends are facing the investment banking industry right now?   Answer Question
  • What trends exist currently in the world of transaction processing?   Answer Question

IT Consultant

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

Interview Details – Work culture is really amazing & you always feel there is someone that cares for you. I was kept in loop thru out the process. But unfortunately the whole interview process took close to 3 months (including the time taken to make me an offer), which I think is bit too long.

Interview Question – How does server message block play a role in Windows client server environment   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Dont accept the first offer which is usually at the bottom of the salary zone.

IT Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

Interview Details – The first phone interview was with an executive IT consultant. It went well and I moved on to the situational phone interview. This was a classic situational interview where I gave canned answers I prepared for common questions using my personal experiences.

I was flown out to their HQ where I was shown a presentation and went into two interviews with current executive consultants. I was paired up with a senior executive who was in an entirely different branch of consulting than I was applying to. This made it hard to connect and actually explain what I was capable of.

The second interview went well.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had little to no direction/ instructions?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a group setting and how you took charge.   Answer Question