Accenture IT Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.8

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The company came on campus to conduct the first round of interviews, I had mine with the department manager. The interview was about 20 minutes long; the manager looked at my resume and asked questions. They really made sure you know the kind of lifestyle consultants have; the manager brought it up several times during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions, make sure use the STAR approach.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2012.

Interview

It took me almost 1 month to get all 3 interviews passed. Now, They requires me to submit 2 years of tax withholding before i negotiate salary. First and second interviewer was not manager. So I had to wait until they have finished their work even though i was there at the appointed time.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to fulfil a project they want. (I didn't like it)   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Mumbai (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Please be open minded in approaching a problem Provide multiple solutions than lingering around one fixed solution Used proper data facts If you dont have data, use assumptive figures but do mention the figures that you are taking.

Interview Questions

• In the industry which you are not aware of specially areas where you have to make decisions about using emerging business trends in industries whose growth rate is not known to you   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

Interview

I met them first at a job fair and got invited to an "assessment center" quite soon. The assessment center then consisted of the parts mentioned above. The atmosphere was a bit cold, but ok.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate later on about the months at level, but with no success.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

Interview

I initally applied for a role in Accenture which I wasn't suitable for but luckily the recruiter forwarded my resume to another recruiter for a role more closely aligned with my skillset. Phone Screening I initially had a telephone screening interview with an Accenture recruiterl. The recruiter asked me a several questions about my resume and explained what the interview process entailed. At the end of the interview the recruiter advised that she would forward my details on to another Accenture recuiter to arrange the next interviews. Situational Interview A week after my screening interview I received an email inviting me to a skills and situational interview. The email asked me to provide dates and times of my availability which I did. A few days later I have recived confirmation of the situational interview. The situational interview was by phone. I was asked 2 "Tell me a time" type questions but the interview asked several probing questions. My reccommendation here is to have a couple of STAR scenarios to hand. The interview questions on Glassdoor were really useful. Skills Interview A few days after this interview I had the skills interview over the phone. This interview is designed to see if you have the required skills for the role, so my advice is to look at the job description and align your responsse with what the role requires you to do. The interviewer was a nice guy and we chatted about the role, the company, the structure. A few days after this interview I received confirmation that I would be moving forward with the last stage. Confirming Interview The last stage took about 2 weeks to arrange. I had to go into one of Accenture's offices to have the interview over Telepresence. The interview was with a senior executive. He asked me questions to do with my career aspiration and provided more background information about the company and opportunities to progress. A few days after this I received an email saying that Accenture would be making me an offer. I also received an email to complete for the background verification process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you have to explain a difficult process or situation? Why was it difficult? What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer I got I thought was fair but there is no harm in trying to negotiate, which I did. However, even though they weren't able to increase my offer I am very happy with the package.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Bangalore (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

All Interviews were pretty easy to clear. 3 Rounds - First Technical, Second Technical and HR Discussion. No communication between people, I was already interviewed and had an offer while some other guy wanted to take my first level interview though I held an offer as well. Multiple people were communicating with me rather than just a single point of contact regarding the offer and compensation and other stuff. Also, they requested lots of documentation even before making an offer and even HR discussion, which was really irritating.

Interview Questions

Compensation offered was much below the expectation and even the market standards, and that too lots of variable components. Also there was no location flexibility being offered while hiring was on for multiple locations.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in July 2010.

Interview

There were two telephone interviews which was unusual. Both focused on previous work experience. Of the two people I was interviewed by both were nice people. Both were pretty nice people, although both made a point of drilling down into the detail of my experiences. The interviews concerned previous work experience and also methodologies, which were quite important in the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What trends are facing the investment banking industry right now?   Answer Question
    • What trends exist currently in the world of transaction processing?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

Interview

The first phone interview was with an executive IT consultant. It went well and I moved on to the situational phone interview. This was a classic situational interview where I gave canned answers I prepared for common questions using my personal experiences. I was flown out to their HQ where I was shown a presentation and went into two interviews with current executive consultants. I was paired up with a senior executive who was in an entirely different branch of consulting than I was applying to. This made it hard to connect and actually explain what I was capable of. The second interview went well.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you had little to no direction/ instructions?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a group setting and how you took charge.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in November 2009.

Interview

First round was phone interview where I was asked mostly competency based questions and was also asked in details about my work experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No I was fairly ok with the offer so did not negotiate

IT Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. The first phone interview was general information regarding experience, personality, education and interest. Second phone interview were the typical "describe a situation where" type questions that required you to think, response and reason through questions. The in person interviews vary across the company. Some are intensely technical and some are laid back. It really all depends on who's conducting the interview and there is no blueprint. You'll usually be interviewing for a particular role so you should be be able to speak towards that role comfortably.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where someone on your team wasnt pulling their weight and how you handled it.   Answer Question