Accenture

Getting the Interview

55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kearney, NE

I interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Interview Details – Send in your resume and cover letter. A phone interview is then scheduled to take place on a certain day and time. The details of the phone interview was scheduled over email. You get a phone call on the scheduled day and time by the recruiter or in this case, the direct supervisor.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed through my university. There was first a Pre-Night which is where you get to meet some people that actually work for Accenture. That is your first impression so make sure that its a good one. Then the next day you have your first interview. I was told they heard great things about me from the Interviewer so the Pre-Night makes a huge impact! If they like you, they'll cal you back on the same day and ask you to come the next day for a second round. That is a behavioral joint, so just know yourself and how you performed in different situations! If they like you they hit you back!

Interview Question – Describe when you had to work with a difficult person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I havent gotten there yet lol

Potsdam, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I first met with an Accenture representative at my University's career fair. I submitted my application, resume, and transcript using their online tool. Accenture looks for students currently in the junior year of undergrad to intern the summer before senior year, but I know of some people that did a two summer program starting in the summer prior to beginning their junior year. My process was for the single summer internship.

After the initial screening, I had a 1 on 1 phone interview. I did a lot of research on Accenture before the phone interview. This interview focused on what I knew about Accenture and about my college experience with classes and organizations I was involved in.

After the phone interview I was invited to an in person interview on campus. For this interview there was an HR representative and a Consultant (employee) in the waiting area that spoke to me before I went in for the formal interview. This waiting is also part of the process as the employees give input to the interviewer later on the candidate's behavior and demeanor in the slightly less formal setting.

Accenture doesn't have specific employees that do interviews, they use managers and senior managers that have everyday client responsibilities. My interviewer was a manager that was an alumnus of my University. The interview lasted about an hour and was very behavior focused. Most of the questions asked about recalling an experience I had that met some criteria.

I got the internship and after the internship received a full time offer shortly after my senior year began without any additional interviewing. I started full time a month after graduation.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was "Tell me about a time you were asked to complete a task with little to no direction". While I don't think this would be as difficult for me now, at that point in my life I hadn't had any meaningful work experience, so I had to use an example from a high school job I had as a bank teller.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR for first round of screening. Few days later a project manager called up to ask about my experience in IT etc. Most of the questions were casual not technical.

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – The hiring process was on campus where two partners came in to interview students. Both were very case heavy with little focus on behavioral questions. Cases were real-life examples. Very unique cases that it seemed past industry experience was necessary to perform very well on the case. There was not much time to ask questions.

Interview Question – Why very specifically do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Were not good at responding to my application. Had to call several times for updates. Very disconcerting.

Interview Question – What is an example of a challenge you overcame and how did you do so?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was an on campus screening interview where I answered questions about my resume. The person who interviewed me was a manager and I got to know the company. He was very friendly and there were no difficult questions, more like a get to know you conversation. I got a call the same day for 2nd round interviews for the next day. It was a phone interview since the recruiter could not come to campus. There were 4-5 behavior questions and it took about 45 minutes. Questions were pretty generic and you could talk about pretty much anything. They want examples from your experiences.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Initial communication was a phone screen with a Recruiter. Once through that stage I had an interview with the Manager I would be reporting to who asked about my remote work experience and experience. Many of the questions were behavioral interview questions that focused on how I worked on a team.

Interview Question – All the questions were typical interview questions. Be ready to promote/sell yourself and relate your experience to the team you will be aligned to.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – Originally Applied online and then met at career fair. I then recieved an interview the next day. Had the first interview, seemed to go great received a few emails and then did not hear anything for 1.5 months. Receive a phone call then, Have 3 more phone interviews, informed that "I would receive a verbal offer" 9 days before the position began. Received the verbal offer, then a few days later received the official offer via email.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions. Everything went very smooth. Some questions included simple technical skills questions but not many. Most focussed on drive, dedication to the learning process, and willingness to work, multitask, and overwork. Many questions concerned activities and extracurricular things outside of the classroom.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Informed of the salary and the position, given the offer.

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – First interview appears to have been for gauging interest. This is your chance to show that you're truly interested in the job, so do some research beforehand and ask questions about the company and the work that they do.

Second interview was behavioral, the interviewer asked questions such as "tell me about an accomplishment; what did you do to reach it and why is it important to you?" or "Describe a challenge that you faced. How did you overcome it?" He asked a lot of clarifying questions, which I thought was a bad sign, but I ended up getting an offer.

Downside was that they took four weeks to get back to me regarding a decision after the second interview. I called to follow up a couple of times, I think that might have helped because I got the offer the day after my second call.

Interview Question – Non unexpected, second interview was all behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really negotiable since it's an internship.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture Intern interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.