Accenture

Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.9

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

HR takes very long to get back to you about anything. Will agree on dates to give you a response and then miss those deadlines. Was standard back-to-back case interviews. The first had a short behavioral portion at the beginning.

Interview Questions
  • "Perceptions of our client's call center have been declining. What do you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Intern at Atlanta through online application and i got declined. The man interviewed me through phone the next day i submitted my resume through our school recruiting website.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potsdam, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potsdam, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

I first met with an Accenture representative at my University's career fair. I submitted my application, resume, and transcript using their online tool. Accenture looks for students currently in the junior year of undergrad to intern the summer before senior year, but I know of some people that did a two summer program starting in the summer prior to beginning their junior year. My process was for the single summer internship.

After the initial screening, I had a 1 on 1 phone interview. I did a lot of research on Accenture before the phone interview. This interview focused on what I knew about Accenture and about my college experience with classes and organizations I was involved in.

After the phone interview I was invited to an in person interview on campus. For this interview there was an HR representative and a Consultant (employee) in the waiting area that spoke to me before I went in for the formal interview. This waiting is also part of the process as the employees give input to the interviewer later on the candidate's behavior and demeanor in the slightly less formal setting.

Accenture doesn't have specific employees that do interviews, they use managers and senior managers that have everyday client responsibilities. My interviewer was a manager that was an alumnus of my University. The interview lasted about an hour and was very behavior focused. Most of the questions asked about recalling an experience I had that met some criteria.

I got the internship and after the internship received a full time offer shortly after my senior year began without any additional interviewing. I started full time a month after graduation.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was "Tell me about a time you were asked to complete a task with little to no direction". While I don't think this would be as difficult for me now, at that point in my life I hadn't had any meaningful work experience, so I had to use an example from a high school job I had as a bank teller.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

I interviewed through my university. There was first a Pre-Night which is where you get to meet some people that actually work for Accenture. That is your first impression so make sure that its a good one. Then the next day you have your first interview. I was told they heard great things about me from the Interviewer so the Pre-Night makes a huge impact! If they like you, they'll cal you back on the same day and ask you to come the next day for a second round. That is a behavioral joint, so just know yourself and how you performed in different situations! If they like you they hit you back!

Interview Questions
    • Describe when you had to work with a difficult person.   View Answer
    I havent gotten there yet lol

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

I attended a networking/informational event for students invited to interviews. First-round interview was on campus for fit and interest in Accenture. This interview was very easy -- you have to show your enthusiasm for why Accenture specifically. Second-round interview at a local office with behavioral questions about past experiences, leadership, and problem-solving. Again, I was asked why Accenture and gave a practically textbook answer. The interviewer was very flexible and asked me another question when I advocated for myself. Both rounds were with managers of local client sites.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prioritize your time when there are multiple demands on your time? What do you tell your client/supervisor when you can't finish something?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

One basic interview over your resume to give yourself a chance to make yourself stand out from the other applicants, and a callback to a second interview consisting of three behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to reach a goal through an unexpected or different sequence of events and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Total of 2 interviews held on campus. One interview was just a long conversation about "why consulting" and business questions that I had asked myself over time. The other was a case. The case was very straightforward and dealt with high level stuff. No math. Nothing out of the ordinary. That being said, my understanding is that it's totally up to your interviewer what kind of interview they give you.. so I don't know do what extent mine can be defined as normal.

Interview Questions
    • If I told you there was a problem with your school's football field, how would you fix it?   View Answer

Another offer came up in asset management which I thought was more promising in the long run. Looking back on it, it's not a decision I'm happy with.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Received a call from HR for first round of screening. Few days later a project manager called up to ask about my experience in IT etc. Most of the questions were casual not technical.

Intern Interview

The hiring process was on campus where two partners came in to interview students. Both were very case heavy with little focus on behavioral questions. Cases were real-life examples. Very unique cases that it seemed past industry experience was necessary to perform very well on the case. There was not much time to ask questions.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Were not good at responding to my application. Had to call several times for updates. Very disconcerting.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a challenge you overcame and how did you do so?   Answer Question