Accenture

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Behavioral Questions only! Want to get a sense of you and your interests vs. actual skills. Two on campus interviews, followed by long in office interview about 5 hours long. Overview of company, perks, etc followed by interview with 3 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was being asked the same questions by about 3-5 different managers.   Answer Question
    None

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

4 rounds of interview, very simple and nothing unusual. I was hired mostly because of my past experience in the domain that I was brought in for. 3 rounds were on phone and the last was in person with the interviewer on video cam remotely. Nice people in teh healthcare group. But it takes a while to network and really fit in .

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Regular questions about behaviors in conflict situations. Very impersonal though. Gives you an inkling of the fact that you will be a nobody in a large organization such as this.   View Answer
    I was coming out of school with no competing offers. I just took what I got

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

The Interview process had three steps:

Phone Screen with Recruiter:
     They will talk with you for about 30 minutes or so to review your background, in more detail, and give you more information about Accenture and the recruiting process.

Phone Skill Portion with an Associate Manager:
     The skills interview will be a technical interview. You’ll be asked about project work you’ve done in the past (school or independent), concepts of object oriented programming/Java, etc., so it will be a mix of your experiences and your knowledge. The questions are in an open ended format.

Video Closing Interview with a Senior Manager at Accenture:
     The closing interview will be a general HR-related interview. The interviewer will want to the overall fit for Accenture and the culture. Some questions will be a lot more behavioral based. (i.e.; “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” “Why is this position a fit for your personal career goals?” “Tell me about a time you were working in a group project and someone wasn’t pulling their weight… What did you do?”)

You will also need do a Background Check. Your recruiter with be with the whole way if you have any questions. If you receive an offer your recruiter will call you and let you know and also you will receive the offer letter through email.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation and it was made very clear at the beginning of the process.

Summer Interview

I submitted an application and couple weeks after, received a phone interview. Couple weeks after that, they told me that I got the offer. They asked typical why us type of behavioral questions.

Software Engineering Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

Hiring was through college placement program. First round was quite easy, almost everyone was able to crack that. The interviews were also good. I was asked to talk about my final year project and my contributions in that. In the HR round, I was asked to describe few scenarios where i had assumed leadership and came up with an innovative idea.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most innovative suggestion you gave as a teammate that was considered and implemented?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Hiring and interview process is easy. They will ask you questions on whatever your strengths are,like, you just have to tell them your good areas and they will put questions on that area,so, I would say it's easy.

Interview Questions
    You can always negotiate based on how ur interview went and also depends on your capabilities.

MCDP Interview

Application process includes application, resume, and transcript. Went through the interview process on campus which included one round of case interviews with 2 different managers/senior managers followed by some behavioral questions. Pretty standard process, but it was nice that it was just one round. Received notice the next day with my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Just had general case studies-- as most consulting firms.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

I was recommended by multiple executives for an interview as a Consulting Manager. This allowed me to skip the standard screening interview and progress directly to a final round interview with a Managing Director. The interview was unstructured and completely subjective. Rather than a behavioral or situational interview, the interviewer just asked me to tell her about my work experience that I thought was the most relevant to the role. She recommend for me to be brought in as a Consultant with 2 years at level, rather than as a Manager. She made it clear that this was based on my MBA, which is not from a top-10 school.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience that is most relevant for consulting.   Answer Question

The offer I received was attractive and in line with those reported on managementconsulted. Of course, I made a counter offer. This was rejected without any negotiation or change to my offer, and I was told that my offer was already more than they normally would have given. I found this very unprofessional, and so went with an equivalent offer from a competing firm.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

Applied for the position and they got back to me fairly quick(less than a week). The recruiter was very nice and give me some background on the company and the position. Five days later, I had my technical interview. Thank God for a previous review because my interviewer basically asked me the exact same questions and I was able to answer all of them. He asked me about polymorphism, abstract class, abstract methods, exception, errors, past projects experiences, encapsulation, inheritance, why accenture, interface, overloading vs overriding, static, and at the end I got to ask some questions. After the interview was over I received an email from my recruiter letting me know she wanted to move on to the closing/HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • WARNING: The technical person will ask you what languages you are most comfortable with and ask you question regarding all. So if your strongest in Java, just say Java. Don't be cocky.   Answer Question

Better offer presented itself