Accenture

2,668 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategy Consultant Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Accenture Analyst Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Started with an undergraduate campus career fair, then was accepted to a one on-campus interview. A smaller group was invited back a week later for second on campus interview with senior partner. A very small subset was then asked to come for a final office visit interview - full day with 3 partner interviews

Interview Question – No case study for analyst coming out of University; case studies are usually for MBA students. As I was an undergraduate they were looking for more scenario based response. "Tell me a time when you worked with a challenging team and overcame a difficulty." or "Share an example of when you demonstrated leadership."   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, but after getting the job I have learned that the majority of people who have gotten a job here were reffered internally. I first received an email letting me know that someone would contact me soon. Then there were a series of three interviews. First was a phone interview, basically just seeing if you are a normal human being. The next two interviews were on the same day at the location where I would be working. The first interview was with the Deputy Director. This is where a lot of the good hard questions were asked, on both parts. After that I waited in a conference room for the second interview. I saw that he had gone into the Managing Directors office before having me come in. So curious of what they said, but obviously it was favorable. The third interview was mainly informational. Letting me know of the compensation and benefits and how the office runs with all of the perks. This is where I felt like they were selling it to me. After a couple of days I received a phone call from HR offering the job with all of the details of start date and base pay. Very exciting!

Interview Question – This was my first job out of college so I had a bit easier questions. Mine were like: "Why do you think you would be a good fit here?" and "What was your favorite class in college and why?" Then I was asked questions about my previous employer and what I did there. Very general questions, but seriuos and reading in between the lines.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Easy to get through

Interview Question – The interview was easy to crack   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – First interview covers resume and qualifications overview.
Second interview asks direct background and experience questions centered on skill sets.
Third interview is a case study.

Interview Question – Business case required very detailed responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Human Resources Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening (roughly 30 minutes). Was told my information would be forwarded and that I can expect a second phone interview with 'XYZ' person. Failed to hear from 'XYZ' person. No response to my follow-up e-mail sent to the initial phone-screener.

Interview Question – Initial phone screening: Know your resume and how it relates to the job description.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter for a Financial Analyst position at Accenture. After an initial phone screening with the recruiter, I spoke on the phone with a hiring manager at Accenture. The phone call lasted about 30 minutes and I answered some basic questions about my current role, what I liked about my current job, what I didn't like about my current job, and how I thought I could add value to their team. The manager than provided more details about Accenture and the position.

Within a week or so I got a call back from the recruiter saying they were interested in a fact to face interview. The face to face interview lasted about an hour and it was with two of the people I would be working with. I essentially provided a summary of my resume (education and work history), and talked more in detail about my current role and what skills I brought to the table. The interview was actually quite laid back and I wasn't asked any of the typical annoying interview questions.

Interview Question – Thankfully, there were not any difficult of unexpected questions. Just the expected questions about my specific work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After getting an offer, I told the recruiter that I was offered more money to stay with my current employer, and then upped their offer by $5K a year.

Manager - Consulting Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – 4 rounds
- 1st round is HR screening to confirm the fitment to the position and set the expectations on the role (skills, benefits, etc.) This recruiter will be reasonably knowledgeable about the industry/skill set you are being considered for - and are really good at understanding the fitment. They will clarify any general questions you may have about ACN. Once approved, this HR recruiter will guide/coach you through the next 3 rounds (prior to each round, they will tell you who you are going to meet, what they will be looking for in the interview - and answer any question) - he/she will be a friend of yours to help bring out the best in you.
- 2nd & 3rd round (order can be interchangeable): skills interview by a employee one level above your applied position - they have certain criteria to judge the level of skill - the questions will be to understand if you have done similar work in your previous jobs. The other round will be behavioral round conducted by a trained behavioral interviewer - they ask you to provide examples of how you handled 4 different types of situations (they will share the situations during the interview)
First 3 rounds will be remote/telephonic. The 4th round will be in-person or via video-conference/tele-presence
- 4th round: Confirmation interview with a Managing Director - will confirm your expectations and understanding of the role - explain what is expected by ACN and what you can expect from ACN, if you join - you can share any concerns that you may have, which the recruiter was unable to respond to - if the first 3 rounds went well, the 4th round is to confirm if there are any show-stoppers or red-flags to making an offer - hence, this evaluation is done by a member of the senior executive leadership.

Interview Question – Majority were standard expected questions   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – 1 Phone interview, 2 Case Intervews, 1 Onsite Interview

Interview Question – Do as many practice case studies as possible.   Answer Question

Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1st interview was fairly quick: why do u want to work for accenture, tell me about your extracurricular activities, asks abt gpa, willingness to relocate, location preferences,

Interview Question – What will be your day to day tasks at Accenture?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture interview questions and advice. All 2,668 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.