Accenture Interview Questions

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

User Experience Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

It's a 4 step interview process.

1 - Phone Screen with recruiter. They will go through your prior experience with a fine tooth comb to determine whether or not you have the years of experience for the role.
    2 - Phone Interview with a manager. This interview with also assess your technical skills for the position.
    3 - Situational/Behavioral Interview with another recruiter.
    4 - Virtual Meeting with hiring manager. At this stage, they have assess your qualifications and experience, now it's determining the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions regarding your experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Four interviews as an experienced hire. First was with HR and was screening, Second was with HR and another screening, Third was over the phone and with a Manager/Senior Manager, Fourth was in person and with a Manager and Senior Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Accenture has a tendency to ask faux-case questions that are more situational than they are similar to McK, BCG, Bain, or Deloitte (unless you are interviewing for Accenture Strategy).   Answer Question
    I negotiated a higher salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in June 2014.

The hiring process for Accenture is very tedious and grueling. They set up an interview with HR first, if you pass that you go to the hiring manager for a second interview, lastly you go back to the HR for your final interview and paperwork. This is where they send your information to Hireright which is a complete joke of a business. This process takes about 2-3 months to get hired on with Accenture

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty basic interview questions, know the company's mission statement.   Answer Question
    Pretty standard, they sent a higher offer than I expected so even if they hadn't negotiated with me I would have been happy.

Procurement Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

I applied online for a different position, was contacted by an internal recruiter, who suggested I would be a better fit for this position. I was overseas at the time, so did a few interviews over the phone with the recruiter, then arranged for an on-site interview with the local leadership team.

Overall the in-person group interview was great. There really weren't any difficult questions, mostly a brief review of my resume, and some questions about how I perform on a team, where I see myself in five years, etc. They were all very friendly, and it didn't feel like anyone was playing "stump the chump." After the interview, I got everyone's business card, and emailed thank you notes with some follow-up notes, and also mailed general thank-you notes.

no negotiation, aside from start date.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

The interview process at this company involves series of phone interviews, beginning with an initial phone screen. Next are 2 skill assessment interviews. Essence is to determine where you fit best. If one aces aforementioned steps, he or she is invited for a final face-to-face/business case interview.

Technology and Systems Integration Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Applied through University site was contacted for a short 20 minute interview on campus, then got invited for a second round interview over the phone. The first interview on campus was pretty laid back I was just asked to run through my resume and talk about some of the points that I had put on my resume. In the phone interview I talked to someone from HR who just asked some pretty standard behavioral questions. Most were in the typical "tell us about a time when you....." format.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too challenging mostly just asking typical behavioral questions and a resume review   Answer Question

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

I was referred, received an email from a recruiter about a week after referral.
    All the interviewers were extremely nice and they certainly make you feel at ease. If you prepare yourself well, all the interviews will be easy to do! I personally went through all the reviews on here and made a Word document listing all the questions and answering the ones like "Why Accenture?" "What does an analyst do?" "How does your background fit into the role?"(actually writing the answers out so that I could make sure my thoughts were organized once I had to deliver during the interview) For the situational ones, prepare around 8 scenarios and PRACTICE adjusting scenarios to fit questions!

HR PHONE SCREENING
    15-30 minutes. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.
    Screening - This is with HR. The purpose is to evaluate your experience and ensure you have the required background. It was very easy! But I think every HR rep varies on what they ask you, so I would suggest being prepared to answer questions that require research on the company. Start preparing for this step as if you were already moving on to the next!

SITUATIONAL INTERVIEW
    I was scheduled for this interview two days later. This is with an HR person.
    PHONE: one hour. You will be asked 3-4 situational questions that you should answer using the "STAR" method. For the situational questions, make sure you have maybe 8-10 situations that you can apply to different situations. Tackle multiple skills in one answer like taking initiative with teamwork! Also make sure you organize your situations very well, this also shows the interviewer that you know how to present.
    Accenture is a technology consulting company! It would be great if at least one of your situations has some example of how you have used technology, even if the interviewer doesn't directly ask you! I had one which I used in all the interviews of the process and it was super helpful in showcasing that even though I don't have a strong technical background, I can learn fast and not be daunted by it!
    Showcase:
    • Problem solving skills
    • Team/Interpersonal skills
    • Adaptability and flexibility
    • Leadership skills
    • Technical expertise

After each situation they will ask follow-up questions. In my case, not too many! But you have to be sure you can support your answers. I was asked: How did you test X or Y ? How did you gather all that information? HOw did you measure results?
    I got an email informing me that I had moved on to the next round forty minutes after this call.

AT THE OFFICE
    You get to the office and are met by two current analysts. Everybody is super nice! BUT REMEMBER you are being assessed the whole time!!!!! There is no downtime during this visit. It may seem very informal during some points but you need to be engaging, ask questions, be gregarious, show interest! They want to make sure they would WANT to work with you! Make conversation, show eagerness about the company. Cannot stress that enough!
    There are two 45-minute interviews. One is more focused on your leadership abilities and discussing any leadership roles you may have held. The other is more focused on your team work abilities and if the executive would be comfortable staffing you on their project with other team members.
    You will be interviewed by senior execs and my biggest suggestion would be to be engaging and treat this as a conversation more than an interview. It shouldn't be stiff! Build rapport with the interviewers. You want to have them like you! They will ask some situational questions so still be prepared to deliver on that.
    There will be a lot of time for your questions. I personally made a list of about 46 questions! You will not memorize all of this, but I think it is an important exercise so that you are prepared with thoughtful questions. I would suggest asking some questions that are not your typical "What is the biggest challenge?" or "What is the culture like?" Example: "I read Accenture’s Technology Vision for 2014 and the first trend was about big companies becoming digital global giants—like Disney. But the report did not give many government examples. How has the government reinvented itself? How is it becoming a digital government?" I was interviewing for the federal service side so this was very pertinent. This is your opportunity to showcase that you have read everything on the company.
    I actually really enjoyed this day!

Overall, my biggest advice would be to prepare, prepare, prepare! If you are well prepared and have done your research and work that knowledge into the interviews, It will not be difficult.

I got my offer by phone about four hours after the visit had finished. Super exciting!!! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • None, really just go through all the questions mentioned in these reviews. Make a list. Nothing will be unexpected if you do that!   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The offer, the benefits, and the signing bonus were all very good. I also read on here that they are not very likely to negotiate and during the office visit they do tell you they will give you their best offer.

Junior Sourcing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Initial screening was with recruiter, who went through basic qualifications for the job. Second interview with potential managers was an hour long. I was interviewing for two positions, but was unaware of which position the interview was for so made sure to be prepared for both. I was asked what I knew about the job and the tasks I would perform, including how I could meet those tasks or expand upon them. No unexpected questions and felt the interviewers had a genuine desire to get to know me and my strengths. The time from the interview to offer was two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst boss and how did you work with him/her? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Team Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

Received phone and email reg F2F interview. Attended a telephonic at Accenture premise. After 3 hours attended HR round. Just general questions like what is current and expected CTC. Later on informed like HR ppl wil call to discuss more. Its been more than 15 days. No one called or sent mail reg next level. Very poor in status update.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult questions. Need to be clear in concepts related to the role for which we would be interviewed   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!