Accenture Interview Questions

3,179 Interview Reviews

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview process was unorganized. I have seen the questions one of my interviewer gave me so I told him and he just pulled something out of thin air. I think I did really well on the impromptu case but no idea whether that affected me in any way.

My 2nd interview, interviewer also just pulled something out of thin air and I was the first person he tried this on. Pretty sure the way he gives the case will be different from candidate to candidate so it's not a fair assessment of performance.

One of my friend also interviewed with Accenture on the same day, was originally told to be interviewing for the Business Strategy group but on the day of interviewed with M&A group.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected just unorganized. The way the cases are communicated to candidates will affect candidate performance no doubt.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Development Program Analyst Interview

Applied through my career center after attending a number of information sessions. I had a great perception of Accenture until my interview when my interviewer just watched me struggling with the case for 25 min without collaborating (I've gotten positive feedback/moved on/ received offers from my last 20+ case interviews so I can say this was not normal). All the questions after revolved around Accenture (e.g. what research have you done, how are our management and strategy practices different...)

Interview Questions
    • The case revolved around optimizing temporary worker usage   Answer Question

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

On campus interview, then office visit and interview with multiple managers / sr. managers. Relatively un-intimidating experience. Typical behavioral questions were asked, and mostly the interviewers just wanted to get to know you and see if you would fit in with the company.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Attended the first round of interviews on campus. The first round consists of reviewing your resume and discussing basic job qualifications. All interviewees were told they would hear from HR by 6pm the same day regarding the second round of interviews the following day. The second round is the behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect your day-to-day duties to be as an analyst?   View Answer

Risk Management Consulting Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Initial phone call was with recruiter and the person the entire process was going to be managed by. It consisted of basic questions regarding my background. Ensure to know your resume and your relevant experience compared to the job description and expectations. Also, be able to give information regarding current compensation/expectations, desired office location, and relevant demographic questions.

I asked if the recruiter had any feedback regarding my qualifications for the role and she explained that I had passed the first round and was going to be scheduled for my second round which would be the behavioral interview, if I then passed this interview, I would be given a 3rd interview for Skills and if all went well, then I would be given a confirming round (final) interview in NYC with a partner and senior manager.

2nd Interview (Behavioral/Situational): My interview was with an HR professional, with Accenture for 10 years conducting interview from HR perspective.
    I over prepared every question possible by using google questions. However, I recommend knowing basic behavioral questions, such as problem solving examples, team work examples, overcoming conflict, and the such.
     -Similar question ex: Tell me about a time you began a team, how did you go about it?
     -Similar question ex: Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it?

3rd Interview (Skills Interview): This truly depends on which role you are applying for and what team or sector you will be part of. My interview was for Financial Services, Risk Management - Operations Risk Management. My interviewer had been with Accenture for 8 years and currently senior manager. I did a lot of preparation for this interview and it went really well.

A lot of questions based on Risk Management, Basel I & II. She asked me about the pillars of the regulations. She asked me a lot of various questions and I answered them all. She gave me excellent feedback and was very happy.

She also asked me a case question.

All three interviews were over the phone. I was told about 4 weeks later that due to my experience being less than the requirement on the position, they encourage me to try again in a year. According to feedback, my experience was the only set back. The position required 3 years with 5 years preferred. I currently have 2.4 years of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Specific name and descriptions of Pillars of Basel Regulations   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture.

Always, always attend any preliminary events they host. Get in initial contact with the recruiter and leverage your school's alumni network if applicable. There are two 45-minute interviews in the first round. Case interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

My experience was through my university recruiting process. Overall, it was a great experience. The process involved attending an info session and a few networking events to convey my interest. It was a three step interview process and they only asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you know your resume very well. They will ask questions based on your experiences.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

I applied through their website for the training program that they offer. Two months later i received an email telling me update my talent profile. After having updated my profile, I received a call from a recruiter telling me to about the position. She was extremely nice from the start. After having her explained she emailed me an aptitude test which I passed. The Aptitude test was about 50 questions and you had 1 hour to complete. I had some programming experience a few years ago. I don't come from a programming background but understood enough with the help of a friend to pass the test. I was not able to finish the exam but I still received an email for an in-person interview. For the aptitude test, you are only supposed to get over 40% correct. (I got much higher than that)

After the aptitude test I got scheduled to come in for the personal interview. I arrived early and got to meet with other candidates. We started talking and noticed that most of them didn't come from a programming background, so that made me feel better. Once they all gathered us to go into a meeting room, a senior member came and gave us a 50 minute information session. We had the chance to ask questions. They were very organized in the process. After almost 50 minutes, they started calling us for the interviews. Some had the technical interview first and others had the HR interview first. I did my technical interview first. It was fairly simple. The interviewer asked me about what was on my resume and some basic questions about programming. For example, one was what is a class? and another question was to explain what was Object Oriented Programming(OOP.) i told him I was learning the basics and certainly wanted to learn more. I gave him some elements of OOP such as Polymorphism and described what an object was.

After the Technical Interview, i had a 30 minute break and then was scheduled to take my HR interview. I took advantage of the time to prepare some questions and just study. I got called up for the HR interview and the lady who interviewed was extremely nice. I felt like we connected at that instance( I know it sounds corny). She took me to an office and started the interview. It was supposed to last about 30 minutes but we actually spent almost an hour talking. I told her i was very excited to be part of Accenture(Which i am) and just spoke with her about previous experiences on projects. It was simple just have some questions ready for the end. You have to sound professional and always ask questions. They want to you have the ability to communicate and question when in doubt.

After I finished both interviews, I sent them a thank you letter a day later and waited. I got a call from my recruiter two days letter and received an offer. This is by far the best interview process I have been to. They all acted very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      What is a class?
      What is Object Oriented Programming(OOP)?
      What is the most difficult situation you have faced in a project and what did you do to solve it?
      What are the most important things you consider when doing a project?
        Answer Question

Entry Level Management Consulting Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

The intial process began with a phone screening performed by a recruiter. The next step involved two over the phone interviews conducted by managers in different industries. Each were behavioral before presenting a case then follow-up questions.

Interview Questions
    • There is no way to go 50/50 with 2 case interviews. You have to ace one and at least pull 75% on the other or vice versa. Unfortunately, one of the interviewers was incredibly difficult to work with on the case study via phone. The behavioral portion is incredibly straightforward and simple.   Answer Question