Accenture Interview Questions

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

4 rounds
    1st round: Aptitude written test (around 50 questions ranging from maths, English, logical reasoning)
    2nd round: Group discussion (each group of 15 people)
    3rd round: Technical (What is your coursework? What is your favorite subject? Tell me about the layers in computer networks? Why are you interested in it? Tell me about the various OOPS concepts. Tell me difference between C & C++. All basic Qs. Why should we hire you? What are your strengths?)
    4th round: HR (What makes you different from others? Tell me about yourself? Why should we hire you? Why do you want to join? etc.)

No negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

The process took months. There were four interviews after the initial screening: behavioral, experience, in person with a senior manager, phone with a partner. Before each interview they sent information about how to prepare and what kinds of questions would be asked. The recruiter also prepared me with tips about the kind of information they would be looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I can't remember any difficult questions. It was very straightforward and I prepared thoroughly. The most difficult thing was staying prepared and enthuastic during the months that it took.   Answer Question
    I researched beforehand and the offer came in at the exact figures I was going to ask for based upon the title, location, experience and company. Very straightforward and fair.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I considered my hiring process a quick one. In 3 weeks I went through 4 interviews which included 3 phone interviews and 1 three hour office visit. Most behavioral questions from both phone and office visits. After about 3 business days I received a phone call from the recruiter extending an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I can not recall questions asked, but glassdoor helped immensely as almost 80% of my questions had been posted here by other interviewees.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate at all, I wish I had though.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Their on campus interview was split up into two days. The first was only 15 minutes and felt very mechanical and awkward. The interviewer seemed to not want to be there and everything just felt really weird. The questions were canned (why do you want to work here, tell us about a time with a difficult teammate, etc) and were read without emotion from his laptop. He also rarely looked at me, except when I first came in and left.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. There were only 4 or 5 questions and they were all very generic.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

On-campus recruiting included info sessions and social dinner event. The recruiting process culminated in an interview (2 cases) held at my university's career services building which would lead to a second round interview at the Chicago office if you were put through. Upon receiving a first round interview, you would be put in touch with a 'buddy' from Accenture and receive an invite to the dinner. After the interview (which was held on a Monday), you would be notified of your status by Wednesday. Second interviews would be held on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. The cases given were relatively straightforward. The first case dealt with finding a way to lower IT spending for a regional bank. The second case was about an oil and gas company that was losing market share in a growing segment of the market.   Answer Question

SI Analyst Interview

Interview process for SI is really straightforward - they just ask you behavioral & fit questions. Went straight to the final round for full-time interview because I had received an offer as an undergrad.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't really that difficult in general - just have to make sure that you have prepared for the standard behavioral questions (e.g. tell me about a time you were a team player, tell me how you're a leader, etc.)   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate (probably should have, though)

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Campus recruiting is standard get-to-know you interview, be sure to be able to introduce yourself in a favorable way and highlight any extracurricular activities. 2nd round was on-site and behavioral be sure to prepare specific examples. 3rd round takes a whole day but mainly was an orientation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

It was a very easy process- A aptitude round followed by a HR round and a technical round it was a one day process. Very friendly people from the HR to the managers who took the interview.

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview process was unorganized. I have seen the questions one of my interviewer gave me so I told him and he just pulled something out of thin air. I think I did really well on the impromptu case but no idea whether that affected me in any way.

My 2nd interview, interviewer also just pulled something out of thin air and I was the first person he tried this on. Pretty sure the way he gives the case will be different from candidate to candidate so it's not a fair assessment of performance.

One of my friend also interviewed with Accenture on the same day, was originally told to be interviewing for the Business Strategy group but on the day of interviewed with M&A group.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected just unorganized. The way the cases are communicated to candidates will affect candidate performance no doubt.   Answer Question