Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategy Consultant Interview

Strategy Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Business and Systems Integration Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred, received an email from a recruiter about a week after referral.
All the interviewers were extremely nice and they certainly make you feel at ease. If you prepare yourself well, all the interviews will be easy to do! I personally went through all the reviews on here and made a Word document listing all the questions and answering the ones like "Why Accenture?" "What does an analyst do?" "How does your background fit into the role?"(actually writing the answers out so that I could make sure my thoughts were organized once I had to deliver during the interview) For the situational ones, prepare around 8 scenarios and PRACTICE adjusting scenarios to fit questions!

HR PHONE SCREENING
15-30 minutes. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.
Screening - This is with HR. The purpose is to evaluate your experience and ensure you have the required background. It was very easy! But I think every HR rep varies on what they ask you, so I would suggest being prepared to answer questions that require research on the company. Start preparing for this step as if you were already moving on to the next!

SITUATIONAL INTERVIEW
I was scheduled for this interview two days later. This is with an HR person.
PHONE: one hour. You will be asked 3-4 situational questions that you should answer using the "STAR" method. For the situational questions, make sure you have maybe 8-10 situations that you can apply to different situations. Tackle multiple skills in one answer like taking initiative with teamwork! Also make sure you organize your situations very well, this also shows the interviewer that you know how to present.
Accenture is a technology consulting company! It would be great if at least one of your situations has some example of how you have used technology, even if the interviewer doesn't directly ask you! I had one which I used in all the interviews of the process and it was super helpful in showcasing that even though I don't have a strong technical background, I can learn fast and not be daunted by it!
Showcase:
• Problem solving skills
• Team/Interpersonal skills
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Leadership skills
• Technical expertise

After each situation they will ask follow-up questions. In my case, not too many! But you have to be sure you can support your answers. I was asked: How did you test X or Y ? How did you gather all that information? HOw did you measure results?
I got an email informing me that I had moved on to the next round forty minutes after this call.

AT THE OFFICE
You get to the office and are met by two current analysts. Everybody is super nice! BUT REMEMBER you are being assessed the whole time!!!!! There is no downtime during this visit. It may seem very informal during some points but you need to be engaging, ask questions, be gregarious, show interest! They want to make sure they would WANT to work with you! Make conversation, show eagerness about the company. Cannot stress that enough!
There are two 45-minute interviews. One is more focused on your leadership abilities and discussing any leadership roles you may have held. The other is more focused on your team work abilities and if the executive would be comfortable staffing you on their project with other team members.
You will be interviewed by senior execs and my biggest suggestion would be to be engaging and treat this as a conversation more than an interview. It shouldn't be stiff! Build rapport with the interviewers. You want to have them like you! They will ask some situational questions so still be prepared to deliver on that.
There will be a lot of time for your questions. I personally made a list of about 46 questions! You will not memorize all of this, but I think it is an important exercise so that you are prepared with thoughtful questions. I would suggest asking some questions that are not your typical "What is the biggest challenge?" or "What is the culture like?" Example: "I read Accenture’s Technology Vision for 2014 and the first trend was about big companies becoming digital global giants—like Disney. But the report did not give many government examples. How has the government reinvented itself? How is it becoming a digital government?" I was interviewing for the federal service side so this was very pertinent. This is your opportunity to showcase that you have read everything on the company.
I actually really enjoyed this day!

Overall, my biggest advice would be to prepare, prepare, prepare! If you are well prepared and have done your research and work that knowledge into the interviews, It will not be difficult.

I got my offer by phone about four hours after the visit had finished. Super exciting!!! Good luck!

Interview Question – None, really just go through all the questions mentioned in these reviews. Make a list. Nothing will be unexpected if you do that!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. The offer, the benefits, and the signing bonus were all very good. I also read on here that they are not very likely to negotiate and during the office visit they do tell you they will give you their best offer.

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Management Consulting Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – The initial interview - more like a routine screening than an actual interview - was very pleasant. I interviewed with a very nice Accenture employee and was looking forward to interactions with other Accenture employees. Unfortunately, the next interview was a case study with an employee who was arrogant about his case.

Interview Question – It's not so much about the difficulty of the case interview, but the ill fit between my area of expertise (people, talent, soft skills) and the topic for the case (heavy financial analysis and projection).   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Client Financial Management Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Previous reviews on Glassdoor are all an accurate indication on how the process will be. I heard back 2 weeks after submitting my application online. The interview process is three steps. Step one is the initial phone screening with the recruiter who wants to assess what you know about the role and some background about you in regards to the experience and why you want to work for Accenture. After you pass that, step two is a situational interview. This will be done over the phone and will last 45-60 minutes depending on questions and follow-up questions/explanations. The interviewer will have 4 scheduled questions to ask and then based on the answers you give will ask additional follow-up questions. Just make sure you have strong work-related or academic examples to back up the questions. Prepare accordingly. Step three is the final round. This is where you come to the local Accenture office and get interviewed by an Analyst, a Specialist, and a Manager. The analyst is a peer interview, more based on your fit. The Specialist interview is a skills interview to make sure you have the required financial acumen to be successful in the role. The Manager interview is last and again is more based on whether you'd be a good addition to the team. From the time of first interview to last took approximately 2 and a half weeks.

Interview Question – When have you worked on a budget, financial analysis, forecast? When is a time you took a risk? When have you identified an error in client information?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry level position so not much room to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Developer Specialist Interview

Systems Developer Specialist
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

Interview Details – My hiring manager interviewed me before for a position I didn't get but he liked me so the interview for my present position was easy. My first interview was when he called me at home. My second interview included my team lead who asked just a few technical questions. My third chat was my hiring manager saying he would recommend hiring me.

Interview Question – There was no really difficult or unexpected question. One question was about bad data in a batch job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried with my HR recruiter but there was no budging.

Director Interview

Director
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview three rounds that also depends on what position you are getting hired there could me more round of phone interviews but at minimum expect three round of interview and then a face-to-face inteview with one of the sposoring partner. After that there will be a behavioural interview to for HR to to understand how you will take a decision depending on the different client situations.

Interview Question – Describe a client situation and how did you take the decision   Answer Question

Service Designer Interview

Service Designer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Poor responses vie email when setting up interview. Awkwardness in conversations. Largely, I felt treated like a piece of meat. Overall, I'm sad that they have a culture that felt this toxic. I was hoping for a better environment.

Interview Question – "How do you deal with crazy co-workers."   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The money wasn't worth the poor work-life balance.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – First step was an HR call, mostly ask why you're looking and if you're aware of the high amount of travel. Next step was an in person interview with an Executive who did a skills test and immediately after was the confirming interview with another executive where you're given the opportunity to ask any questions you want.

Interview Question – Asked to sketch out on a white board an entire data model -- caught me off guard but went fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No problem negotiating for a slighter higher base (asked for 5k more than I was offered)

Client Financial Analyst Interview

Client Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2014.

Interview Details – 1st Interview: Phone interview with HR recruiter-Basic Tell me about yourself? why Accenture? Why Analyst position? Know your resume very well.
2nd Interview: Was on site interview with three employees (1 Analyst, senior analyst and a senior manager)- Behavioral type questions to be expected- Teamwork, leadership skill, problem solving skills. they are very big on teamwork!

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected if you go through the questions on this site   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
College Station, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details – One basic interview over your resume to give yourself a chance to make yourself stand out from the other applicants, and a callback to a second interview consisting of three behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – When was a time you had to reach a goal through an unexpected or different sequence of events and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!