Accenture Interview Questions

3,983 Interview Reviews

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying some months before. I went through three interviews (two phone and one on-site) within 2.5 weeks and was told I would hear back within a week. I called over a week later and was told they were still considering applicants. Long story short, I emailed and followed up and was repeatedly told different dates that were not adhered to. If I had not contacted the recruiter, I'm sure she would have never replied to my emails or messages - and each time she never told me directly or indirectly that I was no longer being considered, it was always implied or stated that I should wait until the next date to hear more. The interviewers were wonderful, but the response and interaction with the recruiter made this an overall negative experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you had to work with a group that did not get along?   1 Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

It was direct, I had two campus interviews, where they asked personality based interviews. One on-site interview in New York, where they flew me out and put me in a nice hotel. The day began with a presentation in which Q&A was available, and then after I had two 1 on 1 interviews in which I asked basic personality and experience questions.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Interview process was simple and easy.My interview went for 5 minutes only. It was one on one interview, general questions and questions about your skill set on your resume were asked.

End to End Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX).

Interview

Started with screening interview and followed by 3 more interviews including technical, behavioral and interview with senior manager. It went all good in all the interviews with positive feedback. Later recruiter informed that we don't want to offer too low based on your profile and expectations as the role is for consultant. For me, it was a learning experience because the process took almost a month and if it was about a salary expectations, it shouldn't have been proceeded to the next stage.
    I have mixed feelings about it that's why putting it neutral but I think company like Accenture should have clear processes and set expectations before the start of interview process

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Telephonic interview and it was referral process so it was quite easy and quick.

as it was Referral through my friend it didn't took longer time to complete the process.

I have not traveled from base location at all to attend interview and everything happened simply on the telephone.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple interview process. 1) General skills interview with a third party interviewer. It's a check-the box interview. 2) HR Interview 3) Interview with managing director 4) Face to face interview with another managing director. I came in through a recruiter who did a lot of coaching

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you feel about travelling   1 Answer

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in June 2015.

Interview

Overall a fairly easy and painless process. I was contacted by the recruiter to set up an initial phone screening, which consisted of a brief overview of the position, as well as a few basic questions about my educational background and interests. After this initial screening, the recruiter set up an hour long behavioral interview, to be held over the phone. After completion of the behavioral interview, my recruiter got back in touch with me within a day to tell me I had been invited to the in-office interview day/final round, which was scheduled for about two weeks after the behavioral interview. During the final round, there were three scheduled meetings. The first consisted of a few current Accenture associates who presented a powerpoint on the company, and fielded any questions the interviewees had about the company, the culture, and the work itself. The second meeting was an in-person case study, which lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer was easy going, and extremely helpful and sincere. Though I was stressed out, it was not nearly as difficult or complex as I had imagined. The final meeting was another in-person interview, but filled more with behavioral questions and questions about fit with the company.

It took my recruiter about a week to get back to me, and although the positions at the location I had interviewed for were filled already, I was given a list of other locations to rank. I received the news that I had an offer from my number 1 ranked city about another week after that. Then, once the offer letter comes down from corporate, you are given one additional week to consider all the terms, ask any questions, and sign and return the forms.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working in a team setting or working individually?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one technical and one personal. Then formal face to face interview with follow up personality interview to determine if you can put up with consulting lifestyle. Met with managing director of practice to ensure that I was the right fit.

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter and we went over my resume and interests. I was then asked to participate in a situational interview. After the situational interview, the recruiter contacted me and said I did really well and that I would be flying to Chicago for my last round of interviews. I was interviewed by 2 managers and also attended an interactive presentation over the company.

Interview Questions

• What's your process for solving a problem?
      Tell me about a time when you had difficulties working with colleagues or clients?

Answer Question