Accenture Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

I was referred, received an email from a recruiter about a week after referral.
    All the interviewers were extremely nice and they certainly make you feel at ease. If you prepare yourself well, all the interviews will be easy to do! I personally went through all the reviews on here and made a Word document listing all the questions and answering the ones like "Why Accenture?" "What does an analyst do?" "How does your background fit into the role?"(actually writing the answers out so that I could make sure my thoughts were organized once I had to deliver during the interview) For the situational ones, prepare around 8 scenarios and PRACTICE adjusting scenarios to fit questions!

HR PHONE SCREENING
    15-30 minutes. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.
    Screening - This is with HR. The purpose is to evaluate your experience and ensure you have the required background. It was very easy! But I think every HR rep varies on what they ask you, so I would suggest being prepared to answer questions that require research on the company. Start preparing for this step as if you were already moving on to the next!

SITUATIONAL INTERVIEW
    I was scheduled for this interview two days later. This is with an HR person.
    PHONE: one hour. You will be asked 3-4 situational questions that you should answer using the "STAR" method. For the situational questions, make sure you have maybe 8-10 situations that you can apply to different situations. Tackle multiple skills in one answer like taking initiative with teamwork! Also make sure you organize your situations very well, this also shows the interviewer that you know how to present.
    Accenture is a technology consulting company! It would be great if at least one of your situations has some example of how you have used technology, even if the interviewer doesn't directly ask you! I had one which I used in all the interviews of the process and it was super helpful in showcasing that even though I don't have a strong technical background, I can learn fast and not be daunted by it!
    Showcase:
    • Problem solving skills
    • Team/Interpersonal skills
    • Adaptability and flexibility
    • Leadership skills
    • Technical expertise

After each situation they will ask follow-up questions. In my case, not too many! But you have to be sure you can support your answers. I was asked: How did you test X or Y ? How did you gather all that information? HOw did you measure results?
    I got an email informing me that I had moved on to the next round forty minutes after this call.

AT THE OFFICE
    You get to the office and are met by two current analysts. Everybody is super nice! BUT REMEMBER you are being assessed the whole time!!!!! There is no downtime during this visit. It may seem very informal during some points but you need to be engaging, ask questions, be gregarious, show interest! They want to make sure they would WANT to work with you! Make conversation, show eagerness about the company. Cannot stress that enough!
    There are two 45-minute interviews. One is more focused on your leadership abilities and discussing any leadership roles you may have held. The other is more focused on your team work abilities and if the executive would be comfortable staffing you on their project with other team members.
    You will be interviewed by senior execs and my biggest suggestion would be to be engaging and treat this as a conversation more than an interview. It shouldn't be stiff! Build rapport with the interviewers. You want to have them like you! They will ask some situational questions so still be prepared to deliver on that.
    There will be a lot of time for your questions. I personally made a list of about 46 questions! You will not memorize all of this, but I think it is an important exercise so that you are prepared with thoughtful questions. I would suggest asking some questions that are not your typical "What is the biggest challenge?" or "What is the culture like?" Example: "I read Accenture’s Technology Vision for 2014 and the first trend was about big companies becoming digital global giants—like Disney. But the report did not give many government examples. How has the government reinvented itself? How is it becoming a digital government?" I was interviewing for the federal service side so this was very pertinent. This is your opportunity to showcase that you have read everything on the company.
    I actually really enjoyed this day!

Overall, my biggest advice would be to prepare, prepare, prepare! If you are well prepared and have done your research and work that knowledge into the interviews, It will not be difficult.

I got my offer by phone about four hours after the visit had finished. Super exciting!!! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • None, really just go through all the questions mentioned in these reviews. Make a list. Nothing will be unexpected if you do that!   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The offer, the benefits, and the signing bonus were all very good. I also read on here that they are not very likely to negotiate and during the office visit they do tell you they will give you their best offer.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

I applied online, took about two weeks for recruitment to call. She was very helpful and informative, went over my resume. Next step was to take an online assessment test, which was difficult, however, its suppose to be, the passing percentile is not that high. After I passed the test I was invited for an in person interview session, one with HR and one technical interview. They made me feel very comfortable and the questions were typical HR questions. Just relax answer truthfully and you'll be fine. The technical questions were questions regarding to my resume, so depending on whats on your resume will determine what the interviewer will ask.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions. Like I said before they mainly ask what's on your resume, as long as you didn't lie, it'll be an easy interview. The also ask about projects you've been part of in groups at school, challenges you've had and how you overcame them. Remember the STAR method: situation/task, answer and results.   Answer Question
    Entry level position no negotiations. You're salary is dependent on your GPA.

Senior Manager Interview

It's detailed and gives you a good insight into role, co. and expectations. You can ask questions and clarify growth path. Also discuss location, overall HR is flexible but if it's project specific requirements location will be fixed

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Initial interview, behavioral interview, skills interview, then final Skype interview with a Partner. Very helpful HR throughout the process; interviews with Manager and Partner were comfortable and they were very friendly. Enjoyed talking to them

Interview Questions
    • How do you decide which variables to use in an analysis?   Answer Question
    Slight negotiation but there is a cap for how much consultants are offered in specific regions

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

The HR department pulled my resume from Monster and contacted me. There were three interviews before I got offered to come into the building for a face to face. The first two were very basic HR interviews to get a better feel for my resume and my job qualification skills. They took about 25 minutes a piece, very easy going, no technical skill questions. The third was the technical interview (over the phone), this was more in depth, asked about certain job requirements, wanted in depth explanation of my job experience (later I found out this interview was the most crucial in the hiring process). I received the email for a face to face interview very early in the morning (about a week later), and was asked to come in that same day. I met with the department manager, and was told I was basically hired judging by the way the technical interview went. The last interview lasted 35 minutes or so, great place, great boss, am really happy with the overall process and opportunity.

Negotiations not given.

MCDP Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in July 2014.

Applied online via employee referral in March. 2 months later I received an email for a phone screening (Late May) I then had 2 phone case interviews in early July, followed by a final round interview in late July.

Phone Screening was 30 minutes with a recruiter. Started with telling a little about myself. Then I asked her questions. She was going to ask me questions too, but our conversation went long and we didn't have time.

Despite my resume listing me being in the Washington DC area, they repeatedly thought I was in Texas (state of my alma mater), so my 2 preliminary case interviews were over the phone. You get a confirmation email for the two of them listing the interviewer's name and position. They both were one hour (never more!). The interviewer introduced herself, asked a couple common behavioral questions and then did the case. Following the case you get to ask the interviewer whatever questions you have (time permitting). Accenture policy is to not offer feedback/how you could improve at any point in the interview process.

I got an email the day following my second first round case interview from my recruiter saying I made the final round and that she got good feedback from the interviewers.

Final round interview was at Accenture's office in Arlington. I went in with a cohort of 5 other applicants. First we had a presentation with consultants hired within the past 3 years about the company, benefits and the MCDP.

Then we went in pairs of two, one of us would do the case interview while the other would do the behavioral/fit interview. After 45 minutes, brief water break and switch.

They got back to us the next week with whether or not we got it.

Interview Questions
    • All three cases were business cases (no strictly quantitative). I (naively) did minimal case preparation. I did not find any of the cases difficult, but would have fared better had I more known what is expected in case interviews. The final interview had some simple math.

In order of interview progression, they were:
      1) Pharmaceutical's patent on drug accounting for 25% of their revenue expiring at year's end. How to maximize that drug's profit in last year and cut costs going forward.
      2) Company having trouble hiring, keeping certain employees, develop data driven program to evaluate how to better hire and retain these employees.
      3) USPS is considering cutting delivery down to 4 days. Wants to know if would save money and what changes they'd have to anticipate.

At the end of each case they ask you to concisely present your findings (as if in a real business scenario).
        Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Submitted my resume through on campus recruiting. Many candidates were selected, so Accenture took over our career center for a Thursday and just had conversational screening interviews. Received feedback that very day and was asked to return tomorrow for an one hour behavioral interview. For the first 30 minutes, my interviewer was acted cold and intimidating and asked difficult questions about how I react to different circumstances. After the 30 minutes were up, she became a different person and we had a nice conversation for the remainder of the process.

Within a week, I received a call back to go to the closest office location where we were served lunch while give a presentation on ACN propaganda and concluded with 2 30-minute interviews. The final of which was with a Partner of the firm where he basically said that his job is to convince me that I want to work for ACN :-)

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

I got recruited on campus at a career fair. It seems like they hire a lot of recent grads and expect them to start the fall after the spring graduation. The whole process was a little lengthy. I dropped off my resume early January and got invited to apply online with a requisition number. I had 2 phone interviews. The first one was about 30 minutes and the second one was about an hour. I then had an in person interview that lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Accenture considering you are an engineer?   Answer Question
    Accenture does not really negotiate.

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

Communication is key. Should know how to be a team player and eager to learn. College degree give you an edge and for experienced hire need to have atleas 7 to 10 years for experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tall me about the most challenging project you handeled and how did you manage to complete it in time ?   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!