Accenture Interview Questions

3,661 Interview Reviews

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

First round (Thursday, on-campus): It was a 30-minute, one-on-one screening with one of their employees (I got a managing director). It was a resume review/typical screening. Make sure you can present a 90-second elevator speech about yourself and a 90-second speech on what you know about the company. I received a call that night to invite me to a second round interview on Friday.

Second round (Friday, on-campus): It was a 1-hour, one-on-one behavioral interview with one of their employees (I got a senior consultant). It was a behavioral interview where you have to guide them through about 3 different stories in your life, such as "Describe a time where you had difficulty mending a working relationship," or "What is your biggest accomplishment so far." They are looking for a thoughtful, 15-minute explanation that guides them from start to finish through your thought processes and actions during the story. There is no case study. I received a call the following Monday that I was invited to the third round in Atlanta.

[For the first and second rounds, some people had phone interviews if their schedules prevented them from interviewing on campus.]

Third round (2 weeks later, in Atlanta): There were two separate 45-minute, one-on-one interviews with managers. One often plays good cop, and the other plays bad cop. Also, you'll be presented an hour-ish long presentation to sell you on the company and its benefits. If you do well, you'll get an offer within the next week and a half. I didn't.

Interview Questions
    • Q. (Throughout the second round) What were you thinking when you made this decision?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

What a weird interview! First went through a phone screen - pleasant conversation, basics only - screener confirmed that the position would be 100% remote-based. Was scheduled for a second phone interview with a recruiter, which I thought would be more focused on the position itself. Instead, it was about which Accenture city I wanted to move to. I shared that I was not looking to relocate, and that I understood the position would be working remotely. The recruiter not only was not able to answer any questions I asked about the position I applied for, but just kept driving the conversation back to an Accenture policy about where I would have to live (within certain miles of an Accenture office, in my case all were over three hours from my home). Recruiter had no idea if I would ever have to set foot in the office, but was adamant that I'd move to a new city. Very focused on getting me to move to a new city while at the same time being able to answer literally no questions about the specific position I applied for. Recruiter seemed uneasy that I asked questions about the position, just kept saying "I'm not sure about that position." Just wanted to get through a checklist of questions about work authorization, military service, etc. Very strange.

Interview Questions
    • When I would be selling my house and moving to a new city. And a lot of "checklist" questions.   Answer Question

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Phone interview followed by at least two rounds of interviews (cant remember if was two or three). Recruited through the university Career Fair. I was able to choose what location I wanted when I applied and actually got the location that I wanted as opposed to the DC office which is where they were mainly recruiting for.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you had an issue withing a team and what did YOU do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    No negiotiations

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

First round of interview was very simple: various questions about motivations and previous experiences. This interview was very relaxed and only took about half an hour. Then invited back to do a second interview at a later date - these questions were much more pointed and clearly had a behavioral focus. Second round interviewer seemed very impatient with answers and constantly interjected mid-sentence. They were clearly fishing for "correct answers" even though the questions were behavioral. This interview took an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell be about a project where you ran into problems and how you overcame them   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

I was asked about my projects and how if given a chance would I make them better. After understanding what my project does they asked me to explain one part of it and then asked me to modify it.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Accenture.

Three part interview.
    First: HR interview with the recruiter. Just tells you more about the job and asks you more about your background.

Second: technical interview with questions about OOP, inheritance, etc. also a few HR questions about experience, why Accenture, strength, weakness.

Third: final HR interview. Video interview with hiring manager. More HR questions.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture.

Lengthy. too many interviews and sometimes did not follow through.A total of 4 interviews: Recruiter, Expert SME, Behavioral, Final with Partner or Sr Director

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Spoke to a recruiter on the phone then came in for an in person interview. There were 3 interviews back to back. All were behavioral. I know this sounds cliche but what they care about most is that you're human! Be yourself! Make it like a conversation - not an interview. If you've come this far, chances are you're a shoe-in anyways. Nothing to lose! Just be yourself and show them why you deserve the job.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate but I regret that.

IT Helpdesk Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Accenture.

I interviewed with two employees. They both asked me various questions pertaining to my resume and experience with technology. The interview lasted approximately 30-40 min and ended with me asking them question about their experiences at Accenture. This interview will continue to resonate with me for years to come because of how professional it was.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which there was a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question