Accenture

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I participated in 2 Skype interviews with 2 different recruiters. The first was mostly about things on my resume and went into detail about what I did in each experience. The second where behavioral questions like "Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

I had 2 case interviews. One was a quantitative interview, and one was an extremely open ended qualitative interview. The quantitative one was extremely basic, just basically requiring you to multiply two numbers that they give. The qualitative one was much more difficult because it was so open ended, and they did not give much feedback on what direction they wanted you to go in. They also asked a few behavioral questions to get to know you a little better in the beginning.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture.

I applied through an employee referral. I had a phone interview and a 1 hour in person interview. The recruiter was difficult to deal with so I called the hiring manager directly and scheduled the interview. Then followed up with recruiter to let them know I had taken care of all the scheduling myself.

Interview Questions
    • We're happy that I knew the industry lingo and acronyms.   Answer Question
    I told them what I wanted to make. Although they couldn't match it, they brought me in at a higher level to get closer. No sign on bonus.

MCDP Interview

First Interview: Phone screen with a recruiter to discuss position and background, behavioral/fit questions. Walk through resume.

Second Interview: 2 case interviews with consultants. Typical cases that relate to their specific practice area.

Third Interview: In person interview with a consultant and manager. Be prepared to discuss resume and answer case based questions.

Software Engineering Associate Manager Interview

Interview process pretty much went as described here give or take a few wrinkles.

1. Recruiter Screening/Interview. Essentially a confirmation of resume details and some additional specific questions related to experience req'd for position applying. Very simple, straight forward and low stress. "Why Accenture?" will be asked here and every step of the way, so have a nice answer prepared. If the match looks good, and you sound credible on to step 2.

2. Technical Interview with Manager. Some specific questions about experience on your resume. Perhaps elaborate on some projects you have been involved with and tools you have used. Didnt get too deeply technical. Again, "Why Accenture?". "Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years". Why Are you a fit for this position. What sets you apart. Go through these scenarios well in advance of the interview and be comfortable answering, and giving details where nec.

3. Closing Interview with Sr. Manager - Web-Face-to-Face. Again, could get some q's about resume and experience. "Why Accenture"? Basically seeing if you will be a culture fit. What sets you apart. What are some challenges you have encountered. They want to see if you can communicate clearly and effectively.

Interview Questions
    • Why Accenture. Are you OK with 100% Travel. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. What is your understanding of the position you are applying for. Why does this fit in with your career goals.   View Answer
    • Folks were very friendly   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

A test. Then a technical interview , followed by a HR interview. In first Interview, I was asked the preferred language and the reason for it. And then was asked to make algorithm for number of repeated numbers in an array. HR interview was fairly simple, asked me if I am willing to relocate, and work long hours, and will be able to sign a bond.

Java Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture.

Recruiter sent me requirment . And submitted mr resume after twe weeks got interview call.i wasn't excreting call.i was driving that time . So I asked to reschedule the call . It was a Skype call

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2015.

Applied via on-campus recruiting and online application.

Within a week, heard back that I had received a digital screening interview, where I was asked about my interest in the company, knowledge of what technology consultants do, basic information about the company.

A few days after, I heard back that I had passed for a first round phone screen interview. It was mostly conversational, about my resume and previous project experiences, similar questions about my interest in Accenture and what I thought the role entailed. About 30 minutes.

Heard back same night, for a second round interview scheduled for later that week. It was a 40 minute behavioural interview over the phone, in which the interviewer asked me 4 questions about leadership experience and teamwork. Very good to have good examples that you can talk through and remember vividly because they ask each question but follow up based on your answer, probing a bit further.

A week later, I heard back that I had received a final round interview. The final round was two 40 minute interviews back to back, one with a senior manager and the second with an even higher-up manager/executive. Both were very conversational, and left at least 10-20 minutes for my questions. It was as much to see if I was a fit for them as it was that Accenture was a fit for me.

A week later, I received a verbal confirmation of an offer, with the written offer coming a few days after. Still deciding on my options, will probably accept, but it was a very pleasant and fun interview process, and a really great opportunity to learn about Accenture and interact with their employees at all levels.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time where you worked on a team/project and things just didn't go as you had planned?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

They had a meet and greet the day before the interview with employees and other candidates attended. They employees there were very nice and helpful with answering questions. The following day was a 20-30 minute interview. First round to see what you know about the company with second round interviews the next day.

Interview Questions
    • What product do we make at Accenture? He then said, "This was a trick question we don't make anything."
      Asked a lot of questions about their company and wanted me to explain what their company does.

Answer Question