Accenture Interview Questions

1,204 Interview Reviews

1,204 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screening in March 2015, and was informed that they were moving forward. Then silence, dead silence until June when out of nowhere, they contacted my manager as a reference. I was obviously taken by surprise, and around a week later, they asked me to interview with the hiring manager. I accepted, and was told they would be moving forward, and promised me that progress would be a lot faster this time. Fast forward to September 2015. No updates. Last time I followed up was in August, and they informed me that they were still moving forward, with no available updates. Overall, it's been half a year so far being stuck in limbo with Accenture. Actually, no wait, today when I contacted them again, they told me the position was actually cancelled.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Accenture recruiting scheduled a telephone interview requiring me to take time off work, only to receive a phone call stating the position had been filled. The recruiter stated they were already in the interview process and had chosen an applicant. At no point was a courtesy email sent to provide such information. I know believe that many of the reviews on Glassdoor are correct. This multi-billion/ multi-national company has zero respect for individuals. Also, the recruiters call was over twenty minutes late.

Interview Questions

• They have already been conducting interviews, and have decided to fill the position.   1 Answer

Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

After getting an employee referral, I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter stated that there would be five interviews, and then a final interview with the global head of the practice. The first interview was with HR and lasted about an hour- a standard review of your resume, motivations for coming to the practice, past experiences- all very standard for this level of recruiting and very promising. Two months go by and the second interview (Situational) comes, this time it goes very well and the interview is almost 2+ hours. Then nothing-for two-and-a-half months. First recruiter calls and schedules the next two interviews. In the interview with potential colleague (which took two more weeks to schedule) a few points come to light- a) he admits he hasn't read my resume and doesn't know why he is interviewing me b) he has only been with the firm a short time and is on 'garden leave' for another several months, so not only is he not allowed to do anything in the practice, he doesn't even care who they do hire to do the work on his own team...somehow he likes me and passes me on to the next round. Another month goes by. The next interview is with the leader of the practice. After a few reschedules, and one outright blowoff, we have the interview-where he asks me the exact same technical question that the previous interviewer had, which I answered the exact same way (correctly) and I asked if I could ask a few questions? Had they ever done a full implementation, and if so, what were the difficulties that they had run into? Long pause....they had NEVER done a full implementation, they had never even done a project were they were direct billing the client- their services were an add-on to other areas of the firm and they had yet to do a project that covered their costs. The process had drug on for six months. There were several last minute cancellations and two outright blow-offs by the interviewers. I wasn't interested in being treated like this. I thanked him for his time, followed by emails etc...the recruiter calls a week later-they are not going to hire at this level for the post, they have dropped it down two levels. I don't actually say much, as she was pleasant and there was no need to be anything but professional (she kept saying "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I really thought you were perfect for Accenture" I thanked her kindly and went on my way... A week later, the post is up again- they did not drop it down, they kept it the same. I can't get back the time involved in this whole lengthy process, but at some point, when my new firm is looking for consultants for a project, I will have plenty to weigh in on the subject of whom gets hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a difficult task or had to convince your staff to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The interview process at Accenture was stretched out over 6 weeks, tedious and disconnected. The first five interviews went very well. The sixth one seemed like a setup to end the process. Seventh interview was cancelled. Seven interviews? Clearly these folks have a lot of red tape and like to use it. No feedback given regarding reason for no offer.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Initially took an online test. Heard back from the recruiters a few days later and set up an in-person interview. Received some prep materials that were quite useful. At the in-person interview, everyone I met with was extremely friendly and helpful. There were two parts to the interview, one technical, and one behavioral.

Contracts Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

The interview was conversational in tone. The interviewer was easy going. The interview lasted just under 30 minutes. I was not kept updated or given any feedback. Qualified for the role.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied by walk in. Submit your resume at the lobby. Fill up the form. Wait for the exam. You must review for the exam, it was fairly difficult. More on analytical and math. Be sure to also review some basic sentence construction. After that I was called for an interview the day after. Interview was more on personal questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself 5 years from now? Why Accenture? Rate your programming skills? What programming language are you familiar with? What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying some months before. I went through three interviews (two phone and one on-site) within 2.5 weeks and was told I would hear back within a week. I called over a week later and was told they were still considering applicants. Long story short, I emailed and followed up and was repeatedly told different dates that were not adhered to. If I had not contacted the recruiter, I'm sure she would have never replied to my emails or messages - and each time she never told me directly or indirectly that I was no longer being considered, it was always implied or stated that I should wait until the next date to hear more. The interviewers were wonderful, but the response and interaction with the recruiter made this an overall negative experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you had to work with a group that did not get along?   1 Answer

Entry Level Infra Tech Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

During the phone interview, the recruiter described the job and asked very general questions. I felt like she was fishing for more information so I started to just give the usual answers that most companies request. I was then instructed to take a programming assessment. The recruiter told me that very little programming knowledge was needed. She was wrong. I did not pass the assessment because I was not prepared. I would advise brushing up on those common programming language rules. I did not Google the answers because I was told there would be a second assessment in person later in the process.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter went over the job description and asked if I would be able to perform those tasks. There were no direct questions asked. I inserted the typical information about myself during the job description. Example: when she read the description, I would give examples of how I handle a similar process at my previous job.   Answer Question

End to End Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX).

Interview

Started with screening interview and followed by 3 more interviews including technical, behavioral and interview with senior manager. It went all good in all the interviews with positive feedback. Later recruiter informed that we don't want to offer too low based on your profile and expectations as the role is for consultant. For me, it was a learning experience because the process took almost a month and if it was about a salary expectations, it shouldn't have been proceeded to the next stage. I have mixed feelings about it that's why putting it neutral but I think company like Accenture should have clear processes and set expectations before the start of interview process