Accenture Interview Questions

3,191 Interview Reviews

2.9

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

Pros

Accenture is a good career starter out of university, as it has a good brand name and begins with a good training curriculum. The salaries for new joiners out of university used to be very good (becoming less so). Good amount of vacation time and good healthcare. Travelling, although tiring after a while, can be exciting for new Analysts and Consultants.
    Cons

The pay has been severely degraded over the last few years, making the salary not so competitive with the market. All the good people are smart enough to leave early, and the very bad people are managed out, leaving a group of mediocre managers and senior managers (with a few exceptions). Once you become specialised in one area, the company will not support you to transfer to another area or learn new skills.
    Advice to Senior Management

Don't lose your best people - make sure that you reward and pay them to keep them around! Make sure that bueaurocracy does not interfere with a flexible consulting model, and continue to train and develop your employees to get the best out of them

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in August 2010.

Very indepth interview, lot of different people will weigh in on your abilities and personality

Interview Questions
    • What was one situation in a past project you wish you had handled differently?   View Answer
    • What is your biggest challenge?   View Answer

Test Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

Applied online and was invited for a telephone interview with a senior manager. Initially, the interview was friendly and relaxed but then steadily grew more and more intrusive and aggressive. The interviewer asked about recent work experience and demanded examples of 'delivery' situations where you had problems or issues and full, detailed descriptions of what happened and how you dealt with these situations. He did not accept initial answers and kept 'drilling down' for more detail, managing to make the interviewee as stressed as possible. He also went out of his way to emphasize how bad the work-life balance is at Accenture and how demanding the work environment is. Absolutely awful interview!

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where you had to deliver against impossible timescales. What did you do to deliver and how did you cope with the challenges?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of having to give bad news to stakeholders. How did you do this and what was the reaction of the stakeholders?   Answer Question

Oracle Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

I applied for an Oracle developer position in Accenture (UK), on the 28th of Dec 2010.
    Two days later, I received a phone call from a HR representative saying Accenture would like to schedule a HR interview with me. We scheduled it for the 5th of Jan 2011.

The interview basically followed a template and my answers were typed in as I gave them.
    We went over my CV first, followed by some basic behavioral scenario based questions.
    I was then told I would receive an email within the next few working days.

On the 8th of Jan, I received an email from IKM (I believe a third party assessment partner) with a link to take an online assessment.

Now note, the job specification/technical skills required were clearly listed in the job advert.
    The technical skills required for this role were Oracle PL/SQL, data warehousing, analytical functions, Oracle partitioning, referential integrity concepts/implementations etc.

There was NO mention of Oracle Forms and Reports.

So lo and behold! I was completely taken aback when I started getting question after question from Forms and Reports!

I thought there must've been some mistake since I was a Oracle PL/SQL developer, I didn't know Forms and Reports and I had already listed all my skills clearly in my CV and repeated it over the phone during the HR interview as well.

I wrote back to Accenture asking about this but didn't get a response.
    A few days later I just received an auto generated email saying "following careful consideration, we're unable to make you an offer of employment."

I say automation in the hiring process is great! but Accenture really needs to check theirs.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about my previous role including team size and dynamics and any difficult situation I had to deal with.   Answer Question

TSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

stay at present company

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in August 2010.

First step: Online application - very comprehensive

Second step: In-person interview, 1 on 1, I did mine by phone

Third step: 5 hour diagnostic test, group presentation, stress tests, gave assignments to do with not enough time to complete

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

The Baker Street office is soulless and corporate, to the point where the HR interviewer en route to the interview room commented on the strange architecture of the corridors in the building, which were like a labyrinth composed of staircases and doors. The director - the other interviewer - asked questions in business management jargon, and asked for examples from my career in response. When I gave each answer in plain English, she translated it back in business management jargon and repeated back at me - literally every time. She also asked multiple strategic questions I felt more appropriate to her own role level than the role hire (not just a couple of questions as a test of intelligence or succession planning). I gave feedback after the interview to the HR interviewer about the number of inappropriate role level hiring questions. I did not get past first interview, but I would have declined taking the process any further, based on the soulless building and the soulless director interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a strong value proposition and how you would gain market share   View Answer

Consultant Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

they ask me a business case about what messures could be implemented in a country to be more environmental friendly

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

My resume sat online for 4-5 months before I was contacted, and by that point I had nearly forgotten about applying - but from what I gathered they tend to hire in large groups. Once I was contacted, I had a quick "resume walkthrough" phone interview and then a 90 minute situational interview within a week. The next week I flew to an office for a presentation and a couple of in-person interviews. The offer came a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions themselves were straightforward - "tell me about a time when you" kind of questions, but the difficulty was in all the follow up questions. I think I was asked 5 or 6 follow up questions about some relatively simple situations. It seemed like the interviewer was pushing me for unnecessary details just to see how I reacted under pressure.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Questions was based on my projects. Asked me to describe the projects and questioned on what I said