Accenture

Updated Jan 25, 2015
3,447 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

As it was a college placement, it started with an aptitude test. After clearing the test there was a round of technical interview. Mainly here the interviewer asked about my college project and a few technical questions on C++ and Java. This was followed by an HR interview, where the interviewer asks some situation based questions. Also expect questions on relocation and working on shifts.

Interview Questions
    • Can't disclose the question but would suggest one thing, make sure you get your fundamentals cleared on programming/database. If you want to answer some bold concepts just make sure that you answer them carefully because if the interviewer is technically strong(most of the times they are), they can grill you by asking questions based on your previous answers.   Answer Question

Business & Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

I met an Accenture recruiter at a job fair and was extended the opportunity to interview. Within a week, I had my first ("fit") interview. The following week, I had an additional interview another employee. This was a behavioral interview and was pretty straight forward (please note, the first two interviews were conducted via-phone). A couple of weeks later, I was flown to Washington DC. Here I met with current analysts and interviewed by two managers. This was a little difficult as one manager probed my background and questioned my interests. Fortunately, I was able to get by and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why Accenture (my interviewer wanted a well thought out answer)?   Answer Question
    I was able to get negotiate my salary and get a significant increase.

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview process consists of return test, Technical round and HR round. Return test will test our basic technical and logical skills.Technical round involved questions related to core java basics and HR round is purely related to company policies and core values.

Senior Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Typical interview questions. They're looking for seasoned consultants from other consulting firms. They hire very few industry folks and once you get there, most people have no idea how to interact with you.

Interview Questions
    • If you're an industry person, they will ask you questions that have nothing to do with your experience in industry & everything to do with consulting.   Answer Question
    Straight forward

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Recruiting mainly from undergraduate campuses, but additionally some experienced hires at the analyst level. Initial screening by HR to assess overall fit and position the candidate is qualified for. First round of interviews may be by phone or in person covering two case studies and one behavioral interview with executives. Second (final) round of interview is one or two case studies with executives and a confirming interview with a Managing Director. HR is quick to provide results to candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Cases are determined by the executives performing the interviews and can therefore vary quite drastically based on the executive's area of expertise   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate relocation bonus (when applicable); salaries for entry level are prescribed by location but experienced hires will be able to negotiate salary and months at level which impacts when employee is eligible for promotion

Associate Software Engineer Interview

A written test(organized by AMCAT- which includes aptitude, Quantitative and Verbal sections) followed by a brief technical interview(1 to 1, asked questions related to a few subjects at the undergraduate level) followed by a HR interview.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Hiring was fast tracked as there were immediate needs in a growing practice- hence the process was accelerated and I was even allowed to join after 3 month period.
    There were three rounds of in-person interviews- technical, managerial and HR, all in the same day- offer was release within a week and was given a week to respond.

Interview Questions
    • None- most of it was casual work related and behavior questions   Answer Question
    Pretty firm; also because I hadn't done my research and accepted what they offered

Analyst Interview

I applied through my university's career services and got an interview.First interview they go over your resume and talk through it point by point. Second interview is a behavioral interview. I didn't get called in for a third interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you had to do something new and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Accenture came to my school's Career Fair and offered 2 rounds of on-campus interviews. I was invited to both interviews and then was declined an internship position, but was still in consideration for a full-time position.

Interview Questions
    • First round interview consisted of questions about consulting and why accenture. The second round was the toughest, but mostly consisted of behavioral questions asking about times where I faced difficulty. For the third round interview, be prepared to answer questions about working in a team.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Received first interview through on-campus recruiting. First interview consisted of basic questions concerning my resume, past work experiences, skills, etc. After passing this interview, I was invited back for a second interview, somewhat longer than the first (around an hour). This was more of a behavioral interview with questions such as, 'Tell me about a time when you took a leadership position on a team or group'. After passing this interview, I was brought in to the local office in Washington D.C. for a final interview. This interview was the same format as the second, only difference being there were two interviews with two separate, higher level employees. Some others have posted with regards to this final interview that if you make it to this stage you are essentially in unless you screw up in some way, I would like to say that this is NOT THE CASE at all, at least in my experience. Both of my final round interviews went very well, and I seemed to connect well with each of the interviewers. I was told that I would hear back within two to four weeks with a decision. Four weeks later there was no response, and I sent an email to my recruiter inquiring as to what had happened. I was told that I would receive a final decision within a couple weeks. Three weeks later, I received an email saying that I would not be moving forward with the process as, and I quote, " [we] have decided to pursue other candidates whose background is better aligned with the requirements of this role."

This would have been fine to hear after the first, or even second interview. But by the third interview, no issue had ever been raised in any of the interviews, including the final one, about my 'background'. My past experiences and skills had been discussed with the interviewers at length before the final interview, so in my mind if at that point my 'background' was not enough to complete the job, then I shouldn't have even been invited for the final interview. Overall, up until that point, my experience with the whole organization had been positive, but after the wait for the response, the continued lack of follow up from the recruiting staff, and the supposed reason given for my 'rejection', my experience with Accenture left a very bad impression.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected, easily able to study for by searching google, etc.   Answer Question