Accenture Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
3,113 Interview Reviews

2.9

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

I was referred, received an email from a recruiter about a week after referral.
    All the interviewers were extremely nice and they certainly make you feel at ease. If you prepare yourself well, all the interviews will be easy to do! I personally went through all the reviews on here and made a Word document listing all the questions and answering the ones like "Why Accenture?" "What does an analyst do?" "How does your background fit into the role?"(actually writing the answers out so that I could make sure my thoughts were organized once I had to deliver during the interview) For the situational ones, prepare around 8 scenarios and PRACTICE adjusting scenarios to fit questions!

HR PHONE SCREENING
    15-30 minutes. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.
    Screening - This is with HR. The purpose is to evaluate your experience and ensure you have the required background. It was very easy! But I think every HR rep varies on what they ask you, so I would suggest being prepared to answer questions that require research on the company. Start preparing for this step as if you were already moving on to the next!

SITUATIONAL INTERVIEW
    I was scheduled for this interview two days later. This is with an HR person.
    PHONE: one hour. You will be asked 3-4 situational questions that you should answer using the "STAR" method. For the situational questions, make sure you have maybe 8-10 situations that you can apply to different situations. Tackle multiple skills in one answer like taking initiative with teamwork! Also make sure you organize your situations very well, this also shows the interviewer that you know how to present.
    Accenture is a technology consulting company! It would be great if at least one of your situations has some example of how you have used technology, even if the interviewer doesn't directly ask you! I had one which I used in all the interviews of the process and it was super helpful in showcasing that even though I don't have a strong technical background, I can learn fast and not be daunted by it!
    Showcase:
    • Problem solving skills
    • Team/Interpersonal skills
    • Adaptability and flexibility
    • Leadership skills
    • Technical expertise

After each situation they will ask follow-up questions. In my case, not too many! But you have to be sure you can support your answers. I was asked: How did you test X or Y ? How did you gather all that information? HOw did you measure results?
    I got an email informing me that I had moved on to the next round forty minutes after this call.

AT THE OFFICE
    You get to the office and are met by two current analysts. Everybody is super nice! BUT REMEMBER you are being assessed the whole time!!!!! There is no downtime during this visit. It may seem very informal during some points but you need to be engaging, ask questions, be gregarious, show interest! They want to make sure they would WANT to work with you! Make conversation, show eagerness about the company. Cannot stress that enough!
    There are two 45-minute interviews. One is more focused on your leadership abilities and discussing any leadership roles you may have held. The other is more focused on your team work abilities and if the executive would be comfortable staffing you on their project with other team members.
    You will be interviewed by senior execs and my biggest suggestion would be to be engaging and treat this as a conversation more than an interview. It shouldn't be stiff! Build rapport with the interviewers. You want to have them like you! They will ask some situational questions so still be prepared to deliver on that.
    There will be a lot of time for your questions. I personally made a list of about 46 questions! You will not memorize all of this, but I think it is an important exercise so that you are prepared with thoughtful questions. I would suggest asking some questions that are not your typical "What is the biggest challenge?" or "What is the culture like?" Example: "I read Accenture’s Technology Vision for 2014 and the first trend was about big companies becoming digital global giants—like Disney. But the report did not give many government examples. How has the government reinvented itself? How is it becoming a digital government?" I was interviewing for the federal service side so this was very pertinent. This is your opportunity to showcase that you have read everything on the company.
    I actually really enjoyed this day!

Overall, my biggest advice would be to prepare, prepare, prepare! If you are well prepared and have done your research and work that knowledge into the interviews, It will not be difficult.

I got my offer by phone about four hours after the visit had finished. Super exciting!!! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • None, really just go through all the questions mentioned in these reviews. Make a list. Nothing will be unexpected if you do that!   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The offer, the benefits, and the signing bonus were all very good. I also read on here that they are not very likely to negotiate and during the office visit they do tell you they will give you their best offer.

Software Engineering Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

I was referred by a friend. A recruiter called me a couple days later and told me that I would get an email and be required to take a logic/programming aptitude test. You only have to get a score of 40% or higher. I would recommend asking a friend for help. You have 1 hour to complete about 40-50 questions. I didn't come from a Computer Science or Computer Engineering background, but with the help of some friends I scored above 40%.

Afterwards, the recruiter called and set me up with an interview at the Accenture location. I had two interviews, the first being a technical interview and the second, an HR closing interview. Both interviews were on the same day and each interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was a very simple process. You have to show them that you're interested about the company. If you're a recent grad, I would relate past experiences about some of the projects you worked on during college.

For the technical interview the main objective was stating that you know/had object oriented Programming experience. you could even say that you were learning the basics. I would go online and search Java OOP. I think there are six elements. Just know the basics. I did most of the talking during my interviews. I explained to my interviewer that I was familiar with the concept of OOP and I listed some definitions, such as, Inheritance, polymorphism, etc. One question I was asked was name three strengths, and 1 weakness.

The HR closing interview was similar to the technical interview, in that, I was asked behavioral questions. I was asked to describe a situation where things had not gone as planned and what i did about it. The main thing they're looking for is how you handled the situation, and what YOU specifically did about it. Both interviews were very simple and I connected well with my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were simple behavioral questions. They might ask you to describe the most difficult problem you faced and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Another company offered me higher salary.

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

A 3 step process.

First, a phone screen with HR to go over your resume a bit in order to ensure that your skills match the role and that you truly have an interest in it.

Then, an hour long behavioral interview where you recall experiences from your past. I was asked four questions. It is best to use the STAR technique when answering these questions. The questions asked were: "Describe a situation where you had a good working relationship." "What is your most significant accomplishment?" "Name a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult coworker/teammate." "Have you ever been in a situation where you had a lot of assignments but a limited amount of time to complete them?"

The final step is an on-site interview in which you meet separately with 4 employees over about a 4 hour period. You meet with an analyst, a specialist, a project manager, and then another manager. The analyst simply asks you to speak a bit about yourself (run through your resume) and what you know about the company and the role. Then he/she will give you a detailed run through of the position. It is very important and it is expected for you to take notes. You'll be asked the same questions later about Accenture and the role, and your answer should constantly improve as the process goes on. They want to see that you can retain information and communicate it effectively. Then you meet with a specialist and he/she will ask scenario-driven position specific questions as well as follow ups to test your financial acumen (examples below). The next two interviews are just a run through of specific points on your resume. I was asked to explain some of my responsibilities in past internships and some extra curricular work. One thing I did notice is that there was a contrast in personalities between the managers. One was laid back and very informal while the other was stone-faced and very serious. So be prepared to handle conflicting personalities and always show that you have a deep interest in the role.

Interview Questions
    • Specialist questions: "Name a time when you foresaw a problem." "Discuss a time where you conducted a financial analysis in order to discover an area in which a company could improve. What did you find?" "Have you ever done a budget or forecast?" "Discuss a time where you motivated a team or a group of individuals." "   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation since it is an entry-level position

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture.

First interview was on the phone. Relaxing and to determine if you are who you say you are. Second round involves questions about your resume and further background information. Third interview involved situation questions and how you would handle them.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

I went through the interview process as a fresher in Accenture and had several rounds of interviews. Started with a written test which was pretty generic (Engineering based & Aptitude). Selected people were taken for 3 rounds of Group Discussion. This was followed by 3 rounds of interviews - Technical, Behavioral & Situational and HR & Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions
    • For a fresher trying to forecast a work situation and answer based on that was very difficult   Answer Question

User Experience Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

It's a 4 step interview process.

1 - Phone Screen with recruiter. They will go through your prior experience with a fine tooth comb to determine whether or not you have the years of experience for the role.
    2 - Phone Interview with a manager. This interview with also assess your technical skills for the position.
    3 - Situational/Behavioral Interview with another recruiter.
    4 - Virtual Meeting with hiring manager. At this stage, they have assess your qualifications and experience, now it's determining the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions regarding your experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Payroll Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

First, I applied over the Internet to an opening announced in Indeed. Then, I was interviewed by a recruiter over the telephone. The interview was easy as he went through my resume. He told me that he recommended me for a second interview and the hiring manager usually takes his recommendations. In this case, the hiring manager did not and I did not get a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in your last job? (No difficult questions.)   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Team Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

Received phone and email reg F2F interview. Attended a telephonic at Accenture premise. After 3 hours attended HR round. Just general questions like what is current and expected CTC. Later on informed like HR ppl wil call to discuss more. Its been more than 15 days. No one called or sent mail reg next level. Very poor in status update.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult questions. Need to be clear in concepts related to the role for which we would be interviewed   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

The HR department pulled my resume from Monster and contacted me. There were three interviews before I got offered to come into the building for a face to face. The first two were very basic HR interviews to get a better feel for my resume and my job qualification skills. They took about 25 minutes a piece, very easy going, no technical skill questions. The third was the technical interview (over the phone), this was more in depth, asked about certain job requirements, wanted in depth explanation of my job experience (later I found out this interview was the most crucial in the hiring process). I received the email for a face to face interview very early in the morning (about a week later), and was asked to come in that same day. I met with the department manager, and was told I was basically hired judging by the way the technical interview went. The last interview lasted 35 minutes or so, great place, great boss, am really happy with the overall process and opportunity.

Negotiations not given.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Did on-campus interview. Interviewer didn't seem too interested in hearing what I had to say about my background. I tried to expand on things and she didn't really want to hear.
    Waited two weeks to find out I did not pass through to the next round. When asking for feedback I didn't receive a response. All in all a frustrating experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself is always the toughest starter question.   Answer Question