Accenture

Updated Dec 22, 2014
3,364 Interview Reviews

2.9

Analyst Interview

First interview with HR then subsequent interviews with staff across various levels in the organization.
    Took about 3 weeks to get feedback from HR then another week for the first interview with Associate to be setup.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult questions. Typical behavioral interview questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation for entry level analyst roles.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

I had applied through campus recuritment
    so had 4 rounds in College Aptitude Test, Group Discussion, HR Round and Technical Round
    HR Round was simple mostly on "Something about yourself", " Willing to Relocate"," Ready to work in shifts"

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Three levels of interview, initial screening by the recruiter, followed by a technical interview after one week and another final interview a week later. The technical interview is more skill based/experience questions and a few technical questions. The final interview has situational and few technical questions to assess your experience and fit with the company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage a difficult employee if you are a Supervisor   Answer Question
    I got a decent amount. Didn't negotiate too much..

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

I applied online and got an email 1.5 months later from a recruiter to schedule a screening interview. It was made clear to me that the position would have a salary in the mid $40,000 range and every person hired at this position will make that amount. The recruiter talked about the position and the company and asked me what I know about Accenture. Then he asked me more detailed questions about my resume, including what I’m interested in, skills, education and projects. The phone call lasted about 40 minutes.

I got an email a couple of days later about scheduling a 30-45 minute technical phone interview. He introduced himself first and then asked me to introduce myself. Why Accenture? He asked me more about my projects and strengths. Then he asked me questions about Object-Oriented Programming (What is OOP? What is an interface? What is an abstract class? What is an immutable object? What is the difference between an exception and an error? What is garbage collection? Overloading vs overriding? What is encapsulation? What is inheritance? What is polymorphism? How do you handle errors in Java (try, catch, finalize)? What are the access modifiers? (public, private, protected)). He also asked me about other things that I listed on my resume including “What is the difference between GET and POST?”. He asked me what Object-Oriented concept I would use for a Shape, Rectangle and Square class. He also asked me to think about an analog watch and tell him the angle between the hour and minute hand if it’s 3:15. At the end, I was given time to ask him questions. The phone call ended up being over an hour long.

The next day, I got an email saying that I will be proceeding to the next step for a 30 minute interview. The third interview is a closing interview with a senior manager. We used HireVue for a webcam interview. He told me about himself and then asked me about myself, my goals (both short term and long term), why Accenture?, if I’m flexible with traveling, what my strengths are. After that, he told me more about Accenture and the position. I was able to ask him questions afterwards. It was the shortest interview and lasted about 25 minutes for me.

A couple of hours later, I received a phone call with the recruiter giving me a verbal offer and telling me that I will need to do a background check through HireRight. I received an email to do the background check the day after. The next day, my background check went through. The day after, I received my official offer via email.

The whole interview process was very professional and the recruiter was very prompt in answering emails.

I think they really value teamwork and good communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Think about an analog watch and tell me what is the angle between the hour and minute hand.   Answer Question
    It was made pretty clear at the beginning that I wouldn't really be able to negotiate.

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Case interview approach - you are not expecting to get the right answer. Instead, looking to see your thought process and approach to tackling real client scenarios. Do not get hung up on getting the right answer and make sure to ask your interviewer clarifying questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you client was the city of Chicago, what would you tell them if they asked whether or not they should host the Olympics?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

First hired on as an Intern which required an in person interview on at university campus by a senior level, two phone interviews (both conducted by recruiters), then hired on as an intern for the Summer. One last interview after internship to get hired on as full time employee.

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

All interviews were behavioral. Nothing unexpected. interviewer talked about there job and work. Make sure you have your elevator speech down. The interviewers seemed bore but I heard they act like that on purpose.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

First round interview: on-campus, 30 minutes casual conversation with a Senior Manager.
    I was invited to the second round interview on the same day. Due to the large volume of candidates, the second round interview was to be conducted over telephone.

Second round interview: 45 minutes situational phone interview with a HR recruiter. She wanted me to use the STAR method to answer all the behavioral questions, spend 1-2 minutes to give an overview of the problem, task at hand and result. She proceeded to ask follow-up questions on my answers.
    Questions asked:
    1. Tell me about a time when you had to work under an extremely tight deadline and how did you handle it?
    2. Tell me about a time when you had to work with a large volume of data and how did you handle it?
    3. Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member in a team and how did you resolve the conflict?
    4. Tell me about the biggest challenge you faced in the past and how did you handle it?
    5. Tell me about a time when you had to create a plan and what steps did you take to follow the plan?
    6. Tell me about a time when you had to handle something you’ve never dealt with before.
    The HR recruiter took notes and sent it back to the campus recruiter, heard back within the same week.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions, nothing unexpected. Just be sure to have really good example for each question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

HR takes very long to get back to you about anything. Will agree on dates to give you a response and then miss those deadlines. Was standard back-to-back case interviews. The first had a short behavioral portion at the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • "Perceptions of our client's call center have been declining. What do you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture.

Contacted by recruiter from an external third party recruiting service - the interview process consisted of two phone interviews before in person interview at a local office. The length of the entire interview process was about three to four weeks time frame.