Accenture

Updated Jan 26, 2015
3,455 Interview Reviews

2.9

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Received first interview through on-campus recruiting. First interview consisted of basic questions concerning my resume, past work experiences, skills, etc. After passing this interview, I was invited back for a second interview, somewhat longer than the first (around an hour). This was more of a behavioral interview with questions such as, 'Tell me about a time when you took a leadership position on a team or group'. After passing this interview, I was brought in to the local office in Washington D.C. for a final interview. This interview was the same format as the second, only difference being there were two interviews with two separate, higher level employees. Some others have posted with regards to this final interview that if you make it to this stage you are essentially in unless you screw up in some way, I would like to say that this is NOT THE CASE at all, at least in my experience. Both of my final round interviews went very well, and I seemed to connect well with each of the interviewers. I was told that I would hear back within two to four weeks with a decision. Four weeks later there was no response, and I sent an email to my recruiter inquiring as to what had happened. I was told that I would receive a final decision within a couple weeks. Three weeks later, I received an email saying that I would not be moving forward with the process as, and I quote, " [we] have decided to pursue other candidates whose background is better aligned with the requirements of this role."

This would have been fine to hear after the first, or even second interview. But by the third interview, no issue had ever been raised in any of the interviews, including the final one, about my 'background'. My past experiences and skills had been discussed with the interviewers at length before the final interview, so in my mind if at that point my 'background' was not enough to complete the job, then I shouldn't have even been invited for the final interview. Overall, up until that point, my experience with the whole organization had been positive, but after the wait for the response, the continued lack of follow up from the recruiting staff, and the supposed reason given for my 'rejection', my experience with Accenture left a very bad impression.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected, easily able to study for by searching google, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

1 interview with a manager with:
    - behavioural question (e.g. your strenght and weakness)
    - Math question
    - Market estimation question

No other steps during interview - Interns interview is considered lighter and easyer than direct hiring one

Interview Questions
    • Market sizing question - remember to frame appropriately the question   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Round 1. Phone Interview with recruiter (30 Mins). Behavioral and background questions. Very straight forward, I got asked things like why did I want to leave my current job, why Accenture, Tell me about your time in college, etc.
    Round 2. Phone call with HR Manager (1 hour). Fit and behavioral questions. Got a few scenarios and how I would address them such as if I have had an issue with a manager or how to tell someone more experienced they are doing something wrong.
    Round 3. Orientation at the office and interview with 2 managers. Some case questions plus behavioral. I hear that if you make it to this point you pretty much have to be a nut job to get an offer.

Round 3 was Friday. I got an offer on Monday and negotiated via email. I got a little fancy and sent a detailed report explaining why I deserved 10k more in base and a little more bonus with graphs and demographic information. It was probably overkill. The recruiter replied with a sarcastic praise for all my efforts and raised the offer by 3k and said she simply couldn't go higher because it was the max for my level. She did not raise the bonus. I accepted and the start date was 1.5 months later.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was straight forward. Nothing stood out.   Answer Question
    I negotiated via email and got 3k more.

Senior Manager Interview

Usually the hiring process is 4 steps: HR, behavioral, Job Specific/Situational, and Final Executive Interview.
    I was a re-hire so I didn't have to do the behavioral, and had 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When getting into the Job specific interviews, being a consulting company the interviewer asked questions about leadership, leading a team, how would I handle certain situations with clients, as well asked my knowledge in specific areas, trends, and opinions on some opportunities.   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview was good .

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I was first email by a recruiter to set up an initial phone screen interview. I had the phone screen within a couple days of that email. Next the recruiter emailed me to set up a time for a technical interview. After passing the technical interview, I was immediately emailed about setting up a final interview. I heard back within 2 days and got an offer.

1. Phone Screen with recruiter
    2. Technical Interview with manager
    3. Personality Interview with manager

The recruiter was really good about getting back fast. I think the whole process took 3 weeks and would have been faster if the final interviewer was available during the holiday week. Everyone was really easy to talk to. The second interview felt rushed and I didn't have much time to ask questions because I think he has another interview right after me. All three interviews went over 45 minutes, but mostly because I had a lot of questions and there was other conversation. Overall positive experience and seems like a great company, but just not quite what I was looking for.

I had another offer with better benefits and closer to home.

Technology Analyst Interview

Met them at a career fair and was offered a 30min interview on the spot. This was considered first round and was a screen of my resume, asking me to elaborate and talk about myself.

The second round was 1hr phone interview, behavioral based questions with someone from HR.

The third/final round was on-site. It began with a generic presentation from 4 analysts/senior analysts (unsure if technology or other). There were 3 other recruits during this part. They gave info about what it's like to work there, details that weren't necessarily found in my research. Then we all broke off, there were 2- 20 or 30 minute interviews with Senior Managers, 3 questions each- 1 behavioral based, the other more conversational.

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed out of undergrad and it was a three round process. First round was a simple behavioral interview whereby they wanted to get a feel for your personality. Second round was case based and looking to understand how you go about solving problems. Third round was more for me as a prospective employee to meet some senior people and understand who I'd be working with.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about developing a business case for an IT transformation at a major corporation.   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Total 3 rounds of interviews. First round was on campus and primarily behavioral. Second round focused on my technical background/experiences and how they were relevant to the position I was applying for. Third round was on site- two 45 minute interviews with Senior Managers. Very smooth and enjoyable interview process. I felt like the interviewers were genuinely trying to get to know me as oppose to testing me.

No negotiation

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

I applied online and got an email 1.5 months later from a recruiter to schedule a screening interview. It was made clear to me that the position would have a salary in the mid $40,000 range and every person hired at this position will make that amount. The recruiter talked about the position and the company and asked me what I know about Accenture. Then he asked me more detailed questions about my resume, including what I’m interested in, skills, education and projects. The phone call lasted about 40 minutes.

I got an email a couple of days later about scheduling a 30-45 minute technical phone interview. He introduced himself first and then asked me to introduce myself. Why Accenture? He asked me more about my projects and strengths. Then he asked me questions about Object-Oriented Programming (What is OOP? What is an interface? What is an abstract class? What is an immutable object? What is the difference between an exception and an error? What is garbage collection? Overloading vs overriding? What is encapsulation? What is inheritance? What is polymorphism? How do you handle errors in Java (try, catch, finalize)? What are the access modifiers? (public, private, protected)). He also asked me about other things that I listed on my resume including “What is the difference between GET and POST?”. He asked me what Object-Oriented concept I would use for a Shape, Rectangle and Square class. He also asked me to think about an analog watch and tell him the angle between the hour and minute hand if it’s 3:15. At the end, I was given time to ask him questions. The phone call ended up being over an hour long.

The next day, I got an email saying that I will be proceeding to the next step for a 30 minute interview. The third interview is a closing interview with a senior manager. We used HireVue for a webcam interview. He told me about himself and then asked me about myself, my goals (both short term and long term), why Accenture?, if I’m flexible with traveling, what my strengths are. After that, he told me more about Accenture and the position. I was able to ask him questions afterwards. It was the shortest interview and lasted about 25 minutes for me.

A couple of hours later, I received a phone call with the recruiter giving me a verbal offer and telling me that I will need to do a background check through HireRight. I received an email to do the background check the day after. The next day, my background check went through. The day after, I received my official offer via email.

The whole interview process was very professional and the recruiter was very prompt in answering emails.

I think they really value teamwork and good communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Think about an analog watch and tell me what is the angle between the hour and minute hand.   View Answer
    It was made pretty clear at the beginning that I wouldn't really be able to negotiate.