Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1) Spent hours and hours looking for New York Recruiters for Accenture online.
2) Found old job requisition (New York - Metro: did not realize it was outdated at the time).
3) Was finally contacted by New York Recruiter for an interview for an entry level role.
4) Had phone screening interview.
5) Skipped 2nd round interview (had one prior before).
6) 2 on-site interviews (heavily conversational - be prepared to really sell yourself or you WILL fail).
7) Waited for final answer.
8) Went through 2 more additional interviews due to the higher selective process for the specific group I was being interviewed for. First interview was a phone call. Second interview was a video conference (WEAR A SUIT EVEN FOR VIDEO INTERVIEWS). These interviews tested my technical aptitude and to see how strong my technical skills were which include software development, SDLC, software architecture and etc.
9) Got offer.
10) Currently preparing documents and planning to accept.

Interview Question – I worked on a financial securities trading algorithm. Was asked to go deeper into the architecture of the system.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. The offer was very competitive.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst
Austin, TX

I interviewed at Accenture in July 2013.

Interview Details – Temp position. Vetted by Consulting company who reviewed my resume for detail, then by the consulting company account manager. Once submitted I was notified of a telephone technical interview which takes less time for them than an in person interview. After that the consulting company let me know that the technical got a thumbs up and I then interviewed with the manager to describe the specific role. After those were done there was a rigorous background check information which consisted of everything from a credit report to filling out a complete work history and living history for the last 10 years with verifiable source information.

Interview Question – Expected to be questioned about dependency injection but the question contained what is it and why would you do that four levels deep which is unusual normally it is only a cursory what is and why would you use it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was through the consulting agency.

MCDP Business Analyst Interview

MCDP Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview through on campus recruiting process--started during the fall with meet and greets and concluded with the interview process in the spring. From the date that I submitted my resume, the process from submission to offer took about 4 weeks.

Candidates that received interview offers were brought to the office earlier in the same week to get to know the associates and tour the office. This also included a brief case interview workshop which covered much of the same material covered in other instructional books or guides.

The interviews were at the Accenture office and were fairly straightforward. They were two parts (behavorial and case) each, with around an hour allotted for each. Case questions came from work experience each interviewer had actually had, with minor details changed so mental math was possible.

Interview Question – Cases seemed very similar to those available in books such as Case in Point or others. They were challenging and made you think critically, but by being strategic and making the interview a conversation, they were very manageable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. As a first year intern, there wasn't much choice as to location (though it was worth a try) or pay, since there is really no bargaining power in either situation.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact through university career fair. Got an email from a recruiter with a position to apply to. Two phone interviews with different recruiters. Both recruiters were very friendly and did a good job starting the interview by laying out the format. The first gave plenty of time to answer my questions (extending well passed the scheduled end time), while the second seemed a bit rushed. Fairly standard "tell me about a time..." questions.

Interview Question – Talk about a recent time where you have had to give a presentation to a difficult audience.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Interview Details – I exchanged emails with a recruiter who contacted me through LinkedIn, had a phone screen, two phone interviews, and then a round of in-person interviews at the San Francisco office. Overall it was the standard process for consulting interviews, including skill, behavioral and case study interviews.

Reason for Declining – Salary didn't meet expectation and specific opportunity sought was not guarenteed.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep. Went into job position and responsibilities. Outlined what it takes to be successful in the role. Outlined what would be the next steps in the interview process.

Interview Question – Discussion of pay structure.   Answer Question

Technology and Systems Integration INtern Interview

Technology and Systems Integration INtern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Applied online through my university's career office. First interview was behavioral and held on campus. Very casual, easy going conversation, basically was told that I would be moving to second round. Second round was held at their office, also behavioral but more in depth questions. Thought it went fairly well but didn't end up receiving offer and wasn't told why.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed at something.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very very difficult. Expect it to take at least a month. There will be an HR interview then a cognitive interview/test. If you make it past them you will get a skills interview. Finally if you make it past all those ther will be an in person interview in the local office

Interview Question – How would you solve this specific implemnation requirement at a client site (specific ver difficult question follows)   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – This position is for the Summer Intern position at Accenture Malaysia. I applied through the company website, and the process takes about a month. First round interview with HR and second round with hiring manager. Questions based on resume with some technical, and behavioral questions. Pretty straightforward. I was told later during my internship that as long as you've passed the first interview, second round is a breeze as long as you are able to answer the questions structurally.

Interview Question – None. All was pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intern position - no negotiation.

IBM Cognos Developer Interview

IBM Cognos Developer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process went well until I got to the face-to-face with the hiring manager. I'm pretty sure that my look wasn't what he expected. I'm not a "Good Ol Boy"!

Interview Question – How do you handle a highly political business environment.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture