Accenture

2,891 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Hired out of college, very we'll organized, and quick turnaround time.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Software Interview

Software

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Glassdoor has helped me negotiate my salary and make sure I'm getting paid fairly.

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Client Financial Management Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews- brief phone call, hour long phone call, 3-hour video conference interview. first phone call was easy about my resume. second was a behavioral interview (recall a time you were challenged, you foresaw a problem, etc-- they ask you to elaborate on everything you say and will ask more questions like "and how did that make you feel"). 3rd interview was over video (supposed to be in office but they don't pay for flights) with 4 different people. know info about accenture and about the position- everyone asked what the company does and what you know about the role you're applying for. be attentive and ask relevant questions. overall everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to

Interview Question – know all about the role   Answer Question

SI Analyst Interview

SI Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. It wasn't that bad. I was recruited at a career fair at my university in Sept. First, I had an on-campus interview at our career center. It was basically a resume review session. Then I was called back for a phone interview which was about an hour and a half. These were more behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when...". Finally, I was called for an on-site interview in DC, which is really just a confirmation that you're a good fit personality-wise. (If you get called to the 3rd interview, you pretty much got the job). They offered me the position in November.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions.. Google some for practice.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Behavioural interview is toughest, bouncer questions asked.

Interview Question – How would you handle a tough boss?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not a great company to work with.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very lengthy with over six different telephone interviews and one face to face interview. The entire process from inception to hiring offer was four months. The reason for the lengthy process was they originally were hiring for an Oracle position and prior to the face to face realized they had a full bench. Within 24 hours I received another call to begin the interview process again in order to be hired for the same position with a different ERP application.

Interview Question – The questions are all based on your experience and if you are well prepared it will go well.   Answer Question

Accenture Analyst Interview

Accenture Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Started with an undergraduate campus career fair, then was accepted to a one on-campus interview. A smaller group was invited back a week later for second on campus interview with senior partner. A very small subset was then asked to come for a final office visit interview - full day with 3 partner interviews

Interview Question – No case study for analyst coming out of University; case studies are usually for MBA students. As I was an undergraduate they were looking for more scenario based response. "Tell me a time when you worked with a challenging team and overcame a difficulty." or "Share an example of when you demonstrated leadership."   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Techno functional - Supply Chain - Face to Face and Web based

Finance and Risk Consultant Interview

Finance and Risk Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process has 4 rounds:
1) Screening (Phone - 30 mins)
2) Skills (Phone - 45mins to 1 hr)
3) Performance / Behavioral Situational (Phone - 45mins to 1 hr)
3) Confirming (In person - 2 hrs to 2hrs : 30 mins)

Screening - This is with HR - The purpose is to evaluate your experience and ensure you have the required background. The key here is to be patient and persuasive - Never say no unless you clearly don't have the background. Alway try to find a varient of the experience if you don't have the exact thing being asked.

Skills - This is with a Senior Manager from Consulting practice - I prepared the most for this round as I considered it to be the make or break round which for the most part it is. The senior manager was phenomenally impressive. Within the first 5mins they exactly knew what my background is. It seemed like they had some pre-prepared questions but after I gave them an overview of what I do they just asked me follow up questions. The interview was technical in nature but there was no case study. Example of questions (paraphrased):
- Can you talk about your role in the RCSA process?
- What is the role that you play in the CP risk evaluation?
- How do you measure, monitor, report on KPI?
Keep in mind the above questions where from my experience so the take away is focus on your finance/risk related experience as the field is really broad. The three main industries are Capital markets, banking and insurance - Based on your experience the person interviewing you will be familiar with that industry and the focus will be diving deeper in your role, how you improved processes to bring about better risk management, time savings, cost reduction extra.

Behavioral - This was with HR and was extremely thorough. I have done tons of interviews but this by far was very extensive. The HR person was very seasoned with more than 10 yrs of experience in recruiting and 10 yrs in industry doing various things. She started by giving a description what we will do and what the ground rules are. It was very similar to behavioral questions you can google but somewhat focused. I was asked 3 main questions in 50 mins so the expectation is to be extensive in your responses and there was quite a few followups on each main question. I found 30 questions online the night before and just typed out bullet format answers. This exercise helped me brainstorm solid stories from my experience and I was able to use the notes very conveniently as it was a phone interview. Example of questions (paraphrased):
1) Talk about a time that there was a major slippage in events at work, what exactly happened and what did i do to handle the situation?
2) Talk about a recent controversial event / idea at work, why was it controversial, what was your role in it and how did you gain acceptance?
3) Talk about a time you brought about efficiency in a process
Don't be afraid to ask for a few seconds to compile your thoughts before you jump into the answer.

Confirming round - This was a 1:1 with a senior manager and 1:1 with a partner
1:1 with senior manager - Very similar to the skills interview but in-person so you can't leverage your notes as well. Again nothing very surprising - no case interview just getting to know me and my experience
1:1 with partner - This interview by far was a very difficult one. The partner in my case was a very technical person and was really focused on ensuring I can do the job and do it well. He also threw in a mini-case interview to evaluate my thought process. Mini-case question-
There is an insurance company that is our client. They produce a report periodically. They have hired you to evaluate the report and complaints about it. Depending on whom you talk to in the company the report either has too much detail or too little detail - mostly is produced after the prime time that it is needed at. How would you approach planning a fix.
My suggestion is to not worry about case study too much but just be prepared to approach questions such as this. Other candidates weren't asked case study questions at all but you never know who interviews you.
They told 2 days later they would like to offer me the job

Interview Question – If two years later you will come to my office and tell you it was a mistake taking this job what will be the reason (this was asked by the partner)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for additional 5K and they accepted. The HR person presented the offer as if there was not room for negotiation so be vary of that. My suggestion would be after listening to the offer ask for time to think and get back. That way you can talk to your mentors and think in a pressure free environment. Also realize the HR person doesn't have much of a say - the partner will be making the decision so HR is a for the most part just a messenger and are trained to keep you away from negotiating it seemed like to me. I kind of got rushed into asking for 5K more in the initial conversation. However, the offer was generous and a +5K additional was something i am pretty happy with. I would also suggest to be humble and presenting a reasonable counter bid. Do you research on what is the range for the number of years of experience you have and the location you will be in?

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – 3 interview process. First interview is an hour conversation which focuses on behavioral interview questions. Second interview is strictly skill-based (but with some behavioral aspects). Third interview is with a MD - which means it is basically a shoe in, but you don't want to mess that up.

Interview Question – None really - just don't sound like a robot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate - don't sell yourself short.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture