Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Telephonic interview for 40 minutes. Question mostly from previous project and Java.

Interview Question – Nothing like that. The interview went very smooth.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can't expect high salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, but after getting the job I have learned that the majority of people who have gotten a job here were reffered internally. I first received an email letting me know that someone would contact me soon. Then there were a series of three interviews. First was a phone interview, basically just seeing if you are a normal human being. The next two interviews were on the same day at the location where I would be working. The first interview was with the Deputy Director. This is where a lot of the good hard questions were asked, on both parts. After that I waited in a conference room for the second interview. I saw that he had gone into the Managing Directors office before having me come in. So curious of what they said, but obviously it was favorable. The third interview was mainly informational. Letting me know of the compensation and benefits and how the office runs with all of the perks. This is where I felt like they were selling it to me. After a couple of days I received a phone call from HR offering the job with all of the details of start date and base pay. Very exciting!

Interview Question – This was my first job out of college so I had a bit easier questions. Mine were like: "Why do you think you would be a good fit here?" and "What was your favorite class in college and why?" Then I was asked questions about my previous employer and what I did there. Very general questions, but seriuos and reading in between the lines.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – First interview covers resume and qualifications overview.
Second interview asks direct background and experience questions centered on skill sets.
Third interview is a case study.

Interview Question – Business case required very detailed responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening (roughly 30 minutes). Was told my information would be forwarded and that I can expect a second phone interview with 'XYZ' person. Failed to hear from 'XYZ' person. No response to my follow-up e-mail sent to the initial phone-screener.

Interview Question – Initial phone screening: Know your resume and how it relates to the job description.   Answer Question

Manager - Consulting Interview

Manager - Consulting
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – 4 rounds
- 1st round is HR screening to confirm the fitment to the position and set the expectations on the role (skills, benefits, etc.) This recruiter will be reasonably knowledgeable about the industry/skill set you are being considered for - and are really good at understanding the fitment. They will clarify any general questions you may have about ACN. Once approved, this HR recruiter will guide/coach you through the next 3 rounds (prior to each round, they will tell you who you are going to meet, what they will be looking for in the interview - and answer any question) - he/she will be a friend of yours to help bring out the best in you.
- 2nd & 3rd round (order can be interchangeable): skills interview by a employee one level above your applied position - they have certain criteria to judge the level of skill - the questions will be to understand if you have done similar work in your previous jobs. The other round will be behavioral round conducted by a trained behavioral interviewer - they ask you to provide examples of how you handled 4 different types of situations (they will share the situations during the interview)
First 3 rounds will be remote/telephonic. The 4th round will be in-person or via video-conference/tele-presence
- 4th round: Confirmation interview with a Managing Director - will confirm your expectations and understanding of the role - explain what is expected by ACN and what you can expect from ACN, if you join - you can share any concerns that you may have, which the recruiter was unable to respond to - if the first 3 rounds went well, the 4th round is to confirm if there are any show-stoppers or red-flags to making an offer - hence, this evaluation is done by a member of the senior executive leadership.

Interview Question – Majority were standard expected questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter for a Financial Analyst position at Accenture. After an initial phone screening with the recruiter, I spoke on the phone with a hiring manager at Accenture. The phone call lasted about 30 minutes and I answered some basic questions about my current role, what I liked about my current job, what I didn't like about my current job, and how I thought I could add value to their team. The manager than provided more details about Accenture and the position.

Within a week or so I got a call back from the recruiter saying they were interested in a fact to face interview. The face to face interview lasted about an hour and it was with two of the people I would be working with. I essentially provided a summary of my resume (education and work history), and talked more in detail about my current role and what skills I brought to the table. The interview was actually quite laid back and I wasn't asked any of the typical annoying interview questions.

Interview Question – Thankfully, there were not any difficult of unexpected questions. Just the expected questions about my specific work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After getting an offer, I told the recruiter that I was offered more money to stay with my current employer, and then upped their offer by $5K a year.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Easy to get through

Interview Question – The interview was easy to crack   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Analyst Intern Interview

Analyst Intern

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1st interview was fairly quick: why do u want to work for accenture, tell me about your extracurricular activities, asks abt gpa, willingness to relocate, location preferences,

Interview Question – What will be your day to day tasks at Accenture?   View Answer

Spend Manager Interview

Spend Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview with the recruiter
3 interviews with leadership within the organization I would be working within (peer, supervisor, and a manager)

Interview Question – How can you make a difference   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was an offer and a counter offer then a settlement somewhere in the middle so both the applicant and the company could feel like winners

Consulting Intern Interview

Consulting Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – There were 2 rounds of interviews. The first was at my college's career center and was pretty much a screening interview with basic questions about past experience and such. The 2nd round was in the SF office itself and was a 1 hour behavioral interview with questions that reveal how you have reacted in certain team-oriented situations.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where a deadline has changed on you and how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate