Accenture

2.9

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Their on campus interview was split up into two days. The first was only 15 minutes and felt very mechanical and awkward. The interviewer seemed to not want to be there and everything just felt really weird. The questions were canned (why do you want to work here, tell us about a time with a difficult teammate, etc) and were read without emotion from his laptop. He also rarely looked at me, except when I first came in and left.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. There were only 4 or 5 questions and they were all very generic.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

On-campus recruiting included info sessions and social dinner event. The recruiting process culminated in an interview (2 cases) held at my university's career services building which would lead to a second round interview at the Chicago office if you were put through. Upon receiving a first round interview, you would be put in touch with a 'buddy' from Accenture and receive an invite to the dinner. After the interview (which was held on a Monday), you would be notified of your status by Wednesday. Second interviews would be held on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. The cases given were relatively straightforward. The first case dealt with finding a way to lower IT spending for a regional bank. The second case was about an oil and gas company that was losing market share in a growing segment of the market.   Answer Question

SI Analyst Interview

Interview process for SI is really straightforward - they just ask you behavioral & fit questions. Went straight to the final round for full-time interview because I had received an offer as an undergrad.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't really that difficult in general - just have to make sure that you have prepared for the standard behavioral questions (e.g. tell me about a time you were a team player, tell me how you're a leader, etc.)   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate (probably should have, though)

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Campus recruiting is standard get-to-know you interview, be sure to be able to introduce yourself in a favorable way and highlight any extracurricular activities. 2nd round was on-site and behavioral be sure to prepare specific examples. 3rd round takes a whole day but mainly was an orientation.

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview process was unorganized. I have seen the questions one of my interviewer gave me so I told him and he just pulled something out of thin air. I think I did really well on the impromptu case but no idea whether that affected me in any way.

My 2nd interview, interviewer also just pulled something out of thin air and I was the first person he tried this on. Pretty sure the way he gives the case will be different from candidate to candidate so it's not a fair assessment of performance.

One of my friend also interviewed with Accenture on the same day, was originally told to be interviewing for the Business Strategy group but on the day of interviewed with M&A group.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected just unorganized. The way the cases are communicated to candidates will affect candidate performance no doubt.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

It was a very easy process- A aptitude round followed by a HR round and a technical round it was a one day process. Very friendly people from the HR to the managers who took the interview.

Management Consulting Development Program Analyst Interview

Applied through my career center after attending a number of information sessions. I had a great perception of Accenture until my interview when my interviewer just watched me struggling with the case for 25 min without collaborating (I've gotten positive feedback/moved on/ received offers from my last 20+ case interviews so I can say this was not normal). All the questions after revolved around Accenture (e.g. what research have you done, how are our management and strategy practices different...)

Interview Questions
    • The case revolved around optimizing temporary worker usage   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

I applied through their website for the training program that they offer. Two months later i received an email telling me update my talent profile. After having updated my profile, I received a call from a recruiter telling me to about the position. She was extremely nice from the start. After having her explained she emailed me an aptitude test which I passed. The Aptitude test was about 50 questions and you had 1 hour to complete. I had some programming experience a few years ago. I don't come from a programming background but understood enough with the help of a friend to pass the test. I was not able to finish the exam but I still received an email for an in-person interview. For the aptitude test, you are only supposed to get over 40% correct. (I got much higher than that)

After the aptitude test I got scheduled to come in for the personal interview. I arrived early and got to meet with other candidates. We started talking and noticed that most of them didn't come from a programming background, so that made me feel better. Once they all gathered us to go into a meeting room, a senior member came and gave us a 50 minute information session. We had the chance to ask questions. They were very organized in the process. After almost 50 minutes, they started calling us for the interviews. Some had the technical interview first and others had the HR interview first. I did my technical interview first. It was fairly simple. The interviewer asked me about what was on my resume and some basic questions about programming. For example, one was what is a class? and another question was to explain what was Object Oriented Programming(OOP.) i told him I was learning the basics and certainly wanted to learn more. I gave him some elements of OOP such as Polymorphism and described what an object was.

After the Technical Interview, i had a 30 minute break and then was scheduled to take my HR interview. I took advantage of the time to prepare some questions and just study. I got called up for the HR interview and the lady who interviewed was extremely nice. I felt like we connected at that instance( I know it sounds corny). She took me to an office and started the interview. It was supposed to last about 30 minutes but we actually spent almost an hour talking. I told her i was very excited to be part of Accenture(Which i am) and just spoke with her about previous experiences on projects. It was simple just have some questions ready for the end. You have to sound professional and always ask questions. They want to you have the ability to communicate and question when in doubt.

After I finished both interviews, I sent them a thank you letter a day later and waited. I got a call from my recruiter two days letter and received an offer. This is by far the best interview process I have been to. They all acted very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      What is a class?
      What is Object Oriented Programming(OOP)?
      What is the most difficult situation you have faced in a project and what did you do to solve it?
      What are the most important things you consider when doing a project?

Answer Question

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

On campus interview, then office visit and interview with multiple managers / sr. managers. Relatively un-intimidating experience. Typical behavioral questions were asked, and mostly the interviewers just wanted to get to know you and see if you would fit in with the company.

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Very fast. They were polite, and helpful and lenient throughout the whole process. I was asked if I could reschedule, but I had exams during the other times they were available, so I was able to keep my time.