Accenture Interview Questions

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

2 back-to-back case interviews - 1 round. Very little behavioral questions. Interviewers barely helped with the cases if I got stuck. Both interviews were 45 minutes. The first one was a long case that lasted the entire time and the second one was about 30 minutes with some behavioral questions.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

1) 1 hour phone interview with HR,
    2) 1 hour technical interview (phone),
    The technical guy just asked me broad technical questions about the technologies on my resume.
    3) 1 hour behavioral interview with manager (webcam). The final round interview was the 1 hour behavioral interview. Think STAR

Relatively easy. I didn't prepare for anything.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you.... (Star questions)
      Describe a time when you lead a group. Describe a time when you changed your team's or companies' policy.
      Android vs iOS. UI, Rest. Can you connect to rest. Basic broad questions trying about stuff I wrote down on my resume.

Software Engineer Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

They have 3 main stages:
    - HR Screening. 30-40 min to review your skills and collect information. Phone
    - Technical interview. 45-60 min deep technical question based on your resume and possession. Phone
    - Behavior with senior manager. 30-40 min with mostly your manager or manager of your manager, just to talk with you about your possession and to see if you capable to fit there and your vision. Video conf.

Interview Questions
    • First interview was just reviewing and screening.
      Second interview was very deep technical question related to my possession "Oracle APPS DBA"
      Third interview just asking very general question "like rate your self in..." and why you want to join... all these HR kind of question.

Answer Question
    There was negotiation about salary "They offer me less than my expectation" I accepted offer as a package not just a salary.
    Please dont forget that you'll join the lead company in the market plus one of the best 100 place to work in the world.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

I experienced a three round interview process with Accenture. the first and second rounds are by phone. Candidates for the third round are brought in for an in person interview with two Executives.

Interview Questions
    • First round questions are very introductory: "Tell me about your extracurricular activities", "What interests you about working with Accenture", etc.
      Second round questions are behavioral: "Describe a project you had to complete under a very tight deadline", "Tell me about a situation when you built a strong working relationship with a key stake holder", etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

Applied Online. Was contacted by one recruiter who was recruiting for a specific position. Phone screen seemed to go well, and recruiter was supposed to get back to me but did not, and did not answer a follow-up email. Applied again for a different position a few weeks later and was contacted by a different recruiter who was not recruiting a specific position, rather for a specific group. Second recruiter was excellent and fast tracked my process. After the initial phone screen I had a technical phone interview the next day, and the day after that a face to face (online) interview with a senior manager. Received an offer the day after that. Technical interview was based on my resume and the Java language in general. Nothing tricky, just knowledge-based stuff to ensure you really do understand the things you put on your resume. Face to face with Sr Manager asked a few behavioral questions, but felt like more like a formality and chance to ask some questions of them about the company and position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about modifiers, polymorphism, JDBC basics, design patterns, etc. A review of the things on your resume should be sufficient preparation.   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

Initial application placed and then contacted by recruiter 10 calendar days later. Phone interview with recruiter after speaking through email to set up a convenient time. Pleasant conversation with specific questions to my resume and my career path. Contacted for "next step" 5 calendar days after phone interview. In-person interview met with (5) higher level managers. I was unsure who's department I was being hired for as they were looking to hire for multiple rolls. Round-robin style interview with each manager asking a question, me answering, more questions from my answers - typical interview. Very relaxed and great rapport with all. I was told at the end of the interview that I would have to do an Excel assessment before any further steps were made. Contacted by the recruiter the next business day to be told that the interview went well, go over a verbal offer contingent on the Excel assessment, and discuss any questions/concerns i would have. We set up a date/time for the Excel assessment. I took the assessment at the scheduled time (20 minute timed test), and submitted my answers. Was contacted by the recruiter via email within 1 hour that I had passed and he was going to push through my background check. I have received a verbal offer but am awaiting a formal offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Experience level with Excel (from 1 to 10).   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the job for which you applied?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Accenture?   Answer Question
    • What would a former manager say are the descriptors that best fit you in the office?   View Answer

Associate Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Hiring was fast tracked as there were immediate needs in a growing practice- hence the process was accelerated and I was even allowed to join after 3 month period.
    There were three rounds of in-person interviews- technical, managerial and HR, all in the same day- offer was release within a week and was given a week to respond.

Interview Questions
    • None- most of it was casual work related and behavior questions   Answer Question
    Pretty firm; also because I hadn't done my research and accepted what they offered

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

I applied online and got an email 1.5 months later from a recruiter to schedule a screening interview. It was made clear to me that the position would have a salary in the mid $40,000 range and every person hired at this position will make that amount. The recruiter talked about the position and the company and asked me what I know about Accenture. Then he asked me more detailed questions about my resume, including what I’m interested in, skills, education and projects. The phone call lasted about 40 minutes.

I got an email a couple of days later about scheduling a 30-45 minute technical phone interview. He introduced himself first and then asked me to introduce myself. Why Accenture? He asked me more about my projects and strengths. Then he asked me questions about Object-Oriented Programming (What is OOP? What is an interface? What is an abstract class? What is an immutable object? What is the difference between an exception and an error? What is garbage collection? Overloading vs overriding? What is encapsulation? What is inheritance? What is polymorphism? How do you handle errors in Java (try, catch, finalize)? What are the access modifiers? (public, private, protected)). He also asked me about other things that I listed on my resume including “What is the difference between GET and POST?”. He asked me what Object-Oriented concept I would use for a Shape, Rectangle and Square class. He also asked me to think about an analog watch and tell him the angle between the hour and minute hand if it’s 3:15. At the end, I was given time to ask him questions. The phone call ended up being over an hour long.

The next day, I got an email saying that I will be proceeding to the next step for a 30 minute interview. The third interview is a closing interview with a senior manager. We used HireVue for a webcam interview. He told me about himself and then asked me about myself, my goals (both short term and long term), why Accenture?, if I’m flexible with traveling, what my strengths are. After that, he told me more about Accenture and the position. I was able to ask him questions afterwards. It was the shortest interview and lasted about 25 minutes for me.

A couple of hours later, I received a phone call with the recruiter giving me a verbal offer and telling me that I will need to do a background check through HireRight. I received an email to do the background check the day after. The next day, my background check went through. The day after, I received my official offer via email.

The whole interview process was very professional and the recruiter was very prompt in answering emails.

I think they really value teamwork and good communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Think about an analog watch and tell me what is the angle between the hour and minute hand.   View Answer
    It was made pretty clear at the beginning that I wouldn't really be able to negotiate.

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Accenture came to my school's Career Fair and offered 2 rounds of on-campus interviews. I was invited to both interviews and then was declined an internship position, but was still in consideration for a full-time position.

Interview Questions
    • First round interview consisted of questions about consulting and why accenture. The second round was the toughest, but mostly consisted of behavioral questions asking about times where I faced difficulty. For the third round interview, be prepared to answer questions about working in a team.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Received first interview through on-campus recruiting. First interview consisted of basic questions concerning my resume, past work experiences, skills, etc. After passing this interview, I was invited back for a second interview, somewhat longer than the first (around an hour). This was more of a behavioral interview with questions such as, 'Tell me about a time when you took a leadership position on a team or group'. After passing this interview, I was brought in to the local office in Washington D.C. for a final interview. This interview was the same format as the second, only difference being there were two interviews with two separate, higher level employees. Some others have posted with regards to this final interview that if you make it to this stage you are essentially in unless you screw up in some way, I would like to say that this is NOT THE CASE at all, at least in my experience. Both of my final round interviews went very well, and I seemed to connect well with each of the interviewers. I was told that I would hear back within two to four weeks with a decision. Four weeks later there was no response, and I sent an email to my recruiter inquiring as to what had happened. I was told that I would receive a final decision within a couple weeks. Three weeks later, I received an email saying that I would not be moving forward with the process as, and I quote, " [we] have decided to pursue other candidates whose background is better aligned with the requirements of this role."

This would have been fine to hear after the first, or even second interview. But by the third interview, no issue had ever been raised in any of the interviews, including the final one, about my 'background'. My past experiences and skills had been discussed with the interviewers at length before the final interview, so in my mind if at that point my 'background' was not enough to complete the job, then I shouldn't have even been invited for the final interview. Overall, up until that point, my experience with the whole organization had been positive, but after the wait for the response, the continued lack of follow up from the recruiting staff, and the supposed reason given for my 'rejection', my experience with Accenture left a very bad impression.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected, easily able to study for by searching google, etc.   Answer Question