Accenture

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

Interviewer hadn't reviewed my resume before calling. Had applied for an entry level position but the interviewer said the position was for currently working individuals with 5-7 years of experience. Interviewer abruptly ended the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

I had two interviews with Accenture.

The first, an initial phone interview with a gentleman from their recruitment team for about a half hour which was pleasant enough. Talked about my background and he provided me with some basic knowledge about the company. After this we set up a second technical interview.

The second (technical) interview, also by phone, was something of a quiz on acronyms and word definitions. Terms like POJO, MVC, JDBC, Singleton, Inheritance, Encapsulation, Polymorphism, DAO, ORM, SOAP, JNDI, and AOP. Some were easy enough, granted. Their checklist of terms was all they were about. They didn't seem interested in me speaking about technical details of my past projects (which would have been good for them to know). That worked against me in particular because much of the development work I had done (circa 2000) was using many of the concepts they were referring to but but not the terminology . So I didn't do well according to their system. That's fine, I should have been up to speed on the current terminology, simply put. However, they didn't even bother to communicate with me following the interview. Even after I followed up a few days later offering to clarify their view of me, they didn't bother to message back. Even a 'thanks but no thanks' would have been nice! I guess I had been tossed into the gutter, in their mind. Basic professionalism is still expected even if you take a pass on a candidate, in my opinion.

Interview Questions