Accenture

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

I applied online for a specific Legal Counsel position. I received an email about a week later from an internal recruiter requesting 30 minutes for a screening interview over the phone.

The initial screening interview was conducted within a few days and was pretty standard, though it exceeded my expectations in a sense because the recruiter very clearly laid out several key issues: 1) the specific steps in the interview process; and, 2) the salary range. The interview process for an attorney at Accenture is apparently slightly different than for other positions, according to the recruiter. She told me there would be up to 5 interviews: the initial phone screen interview; 1 or 2 skills interviews; and, 1 or 2 confirming interview (likely to last up to 4 hours each).

I passed the screening interview but did not pass the first skills interview, which was conducted over web video conference and occurred one week after the first screening interview. This interview was not the typical Accenture behavioral interview. It loosely consisted of two parts: a) get to know you/resume review; and, b) case study/issue spotter. All of the questions were fair, though the case study questions were difficult and there is no way I could have anticipated the specific questions.

Overall, I thought the recruiter and the skills interviewer (hiring manager) were professional and prompt. I was disappointed not to move forward, but the hiring manager was respectful enough to tell my why, which I genuinely appreciated.

My only suggestion to Accenture is to make sure the job posting matches the hiring manager's needs/expectations. In my circumstance, the primary expertise he sought for the role was not listed in the job posting. Had I known from the posting what he actually sought/required, I might not have applied for the role.

Interview Questions
  • The questioned concerned what laws/regulations from outside the U.S. applied to a given scenario, and based on those applicable laws/regulations what provisions/clauses needed to be included in a contract of a certain type.   Answer Question