Accenture Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jun 27, 2015

3.1

Marketing and Communications Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

1) Application
    2) Video Interview
    3) Assessment Centre

Process was enjoyable and really efficient - no complaints. Assessment Centre consisted of 2 interviews and a group exercise that focused on Accenture's digital services - I did find that one of the assessors during the group exercise was smirking at the candidates which wasn't very professional

Utilities Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First round consisted of an HR interview and second round of a skills interview with a Senior Manager. Both interviews were similar, going through my CV and previous experience, a few easy competency based questions and a few more technical questions from the Manager to check my knowledge and way of thinking.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of smart meters for the end-user?   3 Answers

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Assessment Centre:
    Analysis exercise - Very time pressured! Got thrown off by a comment on here saying you should read everything first before answering the questions... bad idea! Just try to answer every question.
    Group Exercise - Make sure you speak up and get your points across though all in all it's quite straightforward!
    Interview - Although I did lots of preparation, I was the first one into the interviews so only got a minutes break after the group exercise and this threw me a little! So my tip would be just to try and remain calm and collect your thoughts before rushing into answers! Questions are primarily about group exercise then the typical why accenture etc.

Analyst Consulting Group - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. Process took about 4 weeks. Would have been faster if I was not sitting for exams.

Online application followed by a phone interview within two weeks. Phone interview revolved around competency questions predominantly with a small case study at the end.

Assessment Centre is shorter than most but expect an intensive afternoon. Here is what to expect:

1. Individual analytical exercise (25 min) - Time pressured. Case study with a stack of information to process. You are expected to write answers to 5 very pointed questions. Be as specific as you can, but do not need to focus on the details (actual percentages, numbers etc). They ask that you focus on three main themes and my advise is to stick to the themes and don't deviate too much. Bullet point everything and don't spend too much time on one question. You won't have time to read everything so make sure you know what you are looking for.

2. Group Case Study Exercise (30 min) - You will work in groups of five to arrive at a solution for a client (two merging banks). Lots of data to process. Stay very focused and try to pick on key issues (cost, pros, cons). Speak out and try to take the lead in various capacities - keep time, write on the board etc. The solutions in the end are straightforward. Focus on what the key aims of the banks are and Accenture's key interests. You can go over budget! But make sure you can justify it. At the end, the assessors ask the group to discuss what they might have done differently if money was no object. Speak out during this time and focus on Accenture's capabilities.

3. 1 on 1 Interview (30 min) - Very relaxed interview. Start by discussing the case study with the interviewer. Make sure you know what solutions your group picked and how you will justify it to the client AND to Accenture. Think of the stakeholders and use common sense. Try to tie in with the capabilities Accenture offers. Follows with a few competency questions which are pretty much similar to the phone interview questions.

Stay relaxed. Don't overprepare. Use common sense.

Interview Questions

• Q: What can you offer to the team at Accenture?   1 Answer

Technology Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

First round was Technical interview by a senior manager. He asked most challenging project you worked and how you overcome the challenges. I used STAR approach.
    Second round was HR interview first ten minutes tell about yourself. then competitive based questions.
    Third round was MD level face to face interview

Interview Questions

• 1) Challenges in project,How do you overcome it
      2) Have you taken tough decision in projects as a manager
      3) have you ever mentored anyone,how,how long
      4)Why are you leaving existing Company
      5) where do you see yourself in five years

Answer Question

Graduate Role Consulting - Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is quite quick! The Assessment Centre (Group exercise, etc.) and the Final Interview are done on the same half day. Despite of being a stressful 4 hours, the atmosphere is quite relaxed and the staff is very friendly and nice. It is a formal event and everyone is very professional of course, but I also had a very good time because the exercises were quite interesting and the interviews very engaging!

Interview Questions

• Structure: In-tray exercise (25 min), Group exercise (30 min), Interview (about 30 min)

IN-TRAY:
      Basic format. Make sure you read the information correctly! This means flick through the documents and assess what the best order would be. For example make sure you read some text before you look at the graphs so that you know what you are looking for and what the data is showing. Spend as little as you can on the first question because it is easy to go overboard with the first one and run out of time for the remaining ones. Bullet point everything, and try to write as neatly as you possibly can under the circumstances (this is something I didn't do and I am not too proud of my writing!)

GROUP EXERCISE:
      Basic format again. You will have to pick 4 solutions out of a pile of 15 approximately. You have to split the available information with the other team members and then present what you read in turn so that you can decide on which one to pick. Make sure you know what you are doing: read and write down some bullet points so that you know exactly what to tell your team when you all present to each other. This will save time, but also make it clear - and easy to remember what option is what.
      Keep an eye on the clock, interact with everyone, try to make the quieter people talk and if you can take the lead on some tasks (summarise, write on the board, remind the time to the team, etc.).

INTERVIEW:
      They made a point of not sharing the exact questions. However, I can tell you what questions to prepare (this is probably more helpful as different people got asked different things, so make sure you prepare all of them!).
      The interview is divided into two parts: first, you will talk about the group exercise. This comprises explaining your choices, answering some questions about your reasoning, reading an extra piece of information and then linking it back to your previous answers. It is pretty straight forward but make sure you pay attention to everything during the group exercise and write down some notes that you can use during the interview.
      The second part of the interview is more HR related. Again, you will be asked about the group exercise but this time you need to answer questions about your performance during the exercise (how do you think you did? what would you change? etc.). Then more general questions about yourself and the company. Why Consulting? Why Technology? Why Accenture? What do you expect to achieve at Accenture if you get the position? Tell me a time where you had to change your plans half way through a project because something did not go as expected, etc.
      Make sure you know WHO the company is. This means you read about their values, their structure, their projects, etc. Then show you can link it to WHO you are: how you would fit in the company? how will you make the most of the opportunities at Accenture? Prepare some examples.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your Assessment Centre!

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)).

Interview

telephone interview was extremely fun she was very helpful and there were no roadblocks to speaking my mind. did a great job and very happy with the entire process. Cheers!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through attending their Women's Event. Video Interview, then Assessment Centre. Video interview asks three questions about Accenture and the Women's Event. 60 second answer for each question. We had two tries for each answer. The Assessment Centre consisted of three parts: analytical thinking exercise (25 mins to answer five questions, given a lot of charts, graphs, surveys, and emails to read. Group exercise (30 mins to read through 20-30 slides and discuss in a group of five). 1-1 interview (how I did in the group exercise, how I contributed to the group exercise, and competency based questions like problem solving skill and changing tact in a project), and finally what Accenture does and why Accenture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you demonstrated problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Oracle BI Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview stage is the telephone interview, which went well. Waiting to hear about the second interview which is an assessment centre. Looks it may take a while...

the telephone interview went well, mainly went through my CV with a few choice questions. Was asked about where I see myself in 5 years. Mainly questions were around strategy.

Acg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

One-way video interview with pretty basic questions.

Went to London for the Assessment Centre. At the AC, you went through an analytics exam, basically they just throw a lot of information at you really quickly, and you have to assimilate it and turn it into a memo.

After this you're split into groups to go through a faux case study, and present your findings.

Then, a one on one interview to discuss the group activity.

The entire process is on a very tight schedule, with all steps having a time limit.

Interview Questions

• What was the best thing you did during the group activity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.