Accenture

3.1

147 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

Process was as follows:
    1. HR phone screening -- Basic questions around eligibility to work, behavioural Q&A.
    2. Senior manager phone interview -- Mainly focused on past experience Q&A, motivation to work at Accenture, reasons for considering it now, how it fits into career path.
    3. Director Potentia interview, in person -- a 45 minute exercise. Read a brief paragraph and summarise the points of view. Then begin to distil the issues, what concerns or reflections you have, start to make recommendations and planning, think wider into the long term. A very difficult exercise that gets outside the standard case interview process. It is designed to see how you think through a broad (possibly non-business) problem, key issues and ways of solving. (It was actually kind of fun because it was challenging and different.)
    4. Director case interview, in person -- 45 minute case study. 10 minutes to review a one page case, take notes, etc. More interviewer driven by questions rather than interviewee driven by a framework, but the classic consulting case prep will help here. Then 15 minutes asking many of the same questions about fit/career as in the senior manager phone interview.
    5. MD interview, in person -- 30 minute interview where the MD probed deeper than others and asked tougher questions around duration of employment in current role, etc. But I think at this point the decision was mostly made and he was doing the final check!

By the way, HR practices are poor. Stay on top of them toward the end of the process. Recruiting with another large consultancy was far better in terms of HR responsiveness and organisation.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare to think broadly and be creative for the Potentia interview, particularly in the second half. The topic could be almost anything so it really is true -- hard to prepare for.   Answer Question
    Be up front with salary expectations in the first interview. Be firm. Use the Glassdoor range (it is accurate) to aim for the top third of the range if you think you are closer to the top of the skills/qualifications for the position. By doing this I got the salary I wanted and there were no negotiations.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Basic Application, Telephone Competency Interview, Assessment Centre

Very basic situational judgement test completed before application details are even filled in. The application is fairly basic for a graduate consulting position and there are no further online tests. The next stage is a telephone interview asking pretty much only competency questions.

Eg.
    1. Why Consulting
    2. Why Accenture
    3. How are we different from our competitors
    4. Tell me about our different service lines
    5. How have you demonstrated leadership, good communication, teamwork etc

There is then a small case-study over the phone but again it is fairly basic.

The assessment centre is case study based followed by an individual interview.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Sent an application online. After that There were two interviews: first one on the telephone and the second one-to-one at the London office. General conversation for both interviews. There weren't many technical questions asked and was more of a check of your CV to expand on those points.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in September 2014.

I was offered an initial telephone interview with a division MD. This was rearranged twice and then ultimately cancelled 20 minutes before the start time.

When it eventually did take place, I had a very good conversation with a knowledgeable, likeable and experienced MD, and was told afterwards I had scored 4s and 5s and would go to next stage. This was an HR interview and a case study, scheduled for 3 weeks form now. Again, this was cancelled the day before it was due to happen.

The team responsible for scheduling interviews (Ireland) do not care - they send automated invites and thats about it, do not respond to mails, do not follow up. Felt very much like a conveyor belt. I withdrew from the process as I had other offers on the table and didn't want to wait any longer. On telling them this...I have yet to receive a response.

Interview Questions
    • Questioning in the MD interview focussed on my skills and experience, what i would be doing at Accenture. Quite an enjoyable conversation actually and no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Consulting Group (Graduate Programmer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Filled out the online application, heard back within the week inviting me to a telephone interview.

Telephone interview was split into three parts: questions about Accenture and why I wanted to work for them, competency-based questions ("describe a situation when...") and a short case study at the end. Was called the next day to invite me to an assessment centre.

Assessment centre was only a morning (approximately 9.00am-12.45pm). There were a few un-assessed parts: manager presentation and Q&A with a current analyst, and two assessed parts: group exercise (split into groups to discuss solutions Accenture can offer for companies merging) and a 1-on-1 interview (part of this followed on from the solutions in the morning, the other part was asking about my understanding of and interest in Accenture).

They said they will get back to us in 10-15 working days, so still waiting to hear on the outcome of my application.

Interview Questions
    • Why specifically should clients come to us over our competitors?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

First was a phone interview followed by 3 face to face interviews spread over the course of 3 weeks. I'd prepare as I would for any job and research as much as possible. They seemed very interested in my personality, hobbies and achievements outside of work, so be prepared to talk about this.

Interview Questions
    • Can you calculate how many tennis balls are used during the course of Wimbledon   View Answer

Capital Markets Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in June 2014.

first round was a skills interview followed by a HR interview

 The Skills Based interview focuses on your past experience. What was your specific remit and responsibilities in your last role? What were the nature of the roles you have worked on? How complex were they? What have you achieved? Where you have excelled in past roles? Where do you want to take your career?
     The interviewer is simply looking to answer the question can you do the job, what does your experience cover and where are your limits.
     Accenture will only be focussing on relevant experience to the role which will typically focus on large scale change and transformation opposed to BAU / Support roles (avoid talking about the latter).
     They will be looking to try and gauge what level of seniority you could be aligned to within Accenture and there are often questions around past responsibilities (including typical stakeholders engaged, size of budgets, team leadership and mentoring).
     Format – typically the interviewer “dives right in” with questions and makes time at the end for you to ask questions and discuss Accenture and the specific practice / opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • how would you estimate the number of mobile phones sold in france   Answer Question

Software As A Service (SaaS) Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in June 2014.

A really supportive recruitment agency put me forward for this role. Initially I was successful on the phone interview with one of the senior consultants. But for the next stage luckily I had a contact who previously worked at Accenture and could give me some real advice about the culture and how to prepare for the more difficult competency-based HR questions which formed the second half of the 2.5 hour long 1:1 interview. Unfortunately, although the talk through my previous career with the Case MD started well, I struggled with the model scenario. After that the questions became quite personal and afterwards i realised that this may not be the type of company I'd be happy working for.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you gained the specific qualification "x"?   View Answer

Analyst Consulting Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

I submitted my application online after an employee referral and was contacted about 2 weeks later to set up a first round phone interview. There were three components to the interview. There were motivational/knowledge-based questions (Why do you want to work for Accenture? Who are some of Accenture's competitors?), behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership qualities. Tell me about a time when you faced uncertainty and achieved greatness.), and a case study.

Interview Questions
    • In the case study, the interviewer specifically stated what the main problem was that the company was facing. When she asked me to list three problems, I thought that I was supposed to think out-of-the-box and draw conclusions based on all of the information already presented, so I intentionally avoided reiterating the problem that she had stated first. Do not do what I did! My interviewer was clearly frustrated and I knew from that moment that I had no chance of progressing to the next round. Repeat what your interviewer says word for word and do not try to be creative with your answers. It is not what they are looking for. Best of luck!   Answer Question

Analyst Consultant Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture.

Poor process and i feel it is hard to see how HR can make decisions based on the assessments. Group assessments ran with no indication as to how you have been doing and absolutely zero feedback facilities. impossible to know whether you were strong in certain areas or any developmental areas.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of technological training outside that of I was given a 'technical' case study, asked to read and then make recommendations. The case study was simple and more business focused rather than 'technical'.
      However, I had contacted the recruiter in advance asking about the format of the interview and was not given a response despite trying several times.

Answer Question