Accenture

2.9

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

Submitted my resume online. About a week later, I was invited for an on-campus interview. The first round was just going over my resume and what I know about the company. Why do you want to work for Accenture? What do you think is the day-to-day life of the position you're applying for? 2 days later, I was scheduled for a phone interview for the following week. Second round was a 45-minute phone screen with 3 situation questions. My interviewers were very friendly, but I guess I wasn't a fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation in which you had to resolve a conflict; when you had to get something done under a tight deadline; when you had more work to do than you could manage. Give a recent and brief synopsis within the last 2-3 years, and 3 key events or critical points: meetings, decisions, interactions, presentations and tasks, role, outcome.   Answer Question

Business and Systems Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

This was through on-campus recruiting. After the first round interview you were notified the night of if you would be invited to have a final round the next day. Both interviews were one on one and largely behavioral, however be prepared to speak on technical concepts you put on your resume. Be able to walk through your resume in a clear and concise manner that is relevant to the position. While the interview process was over in two days, it took a few weeks for them to notify you of the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to handle large amounts of data   Answer Question
    No negotiation for the internship position.

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in July 2014.

Interview process comprises of 3 steps, an initial screening, experience interview, and on-site interview. There were two recruiters that guided me along the way, one that conducted the screening and gave advice on the other two interview steps, and one that contacted me initially and later gave a presentation during the on-site interview.

1. Initial screening: The recruiter will ask basic questions to gauge your interest in the job and Accenture. Be prepared to answer "why Accenture", "open to relocation", "why consulting", "analytical or project experience", etc. Note that this is an actual step in the process - you can very easily get tossed out at this level.

2. Experience interview: A consulting manager (not one of the recruiters) will ask 2-4 questions on "tell me about a time...". These are to gauge (1) if you have had any of these experiences at all and (2) how you responded to them. Obviously, these will be easier if you have had work/internship or other project experience. The more professional, the better. The ones I were asked were "Tell me about a time your project encountered issues and how did you solve them", and "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with difficult colleagues/clients".

3. On-site interview: Along with other candidates, you will be brought to the local Accenture 'outpost'. I say outpost because, if you have no prior experience with this type of consulting, you will learn that even senior consultants stationed there only come in one or two days a week to work; the other days, they are at the client site. Keep this in mind. You will find the office clean but mostly empty because of this. Having said that, the other recruiter will give a presentation on Accenture and its values - nothing that you cannot find from the website. Afterward, two senior consultants will interview you. One will conduct a more detailed "tell me about a time..." interview (5-8 questions), and perhaps go over your resume. The other senior consultant will engage in a regular conversation and seem casual but they are testing you the entire time. This is to see your personality, whether you have the drive for go-to-client consulting, and also if you have the technical background for this particular position. Personally I would argue that this is the hardest part - passing the technical knowledge screen was much easier. More than once I was warned about the high turnover rate for new consultants because of the hectic lifestyle, as though they thought I couldn't handle it.

The last step is hearing back. You are told that the response will come in two weeks.

Despite what some have said, there's no guarantee just because you made it to the on-site interview. I ended up receiving a rejection within a week; my guess is that they felt I was unable to handle the consulting lifestyle. It was particularly disheartening after going through a 4-month process and knowing that my engineering master's degree and work experience easily passed the technical requirements.

Interview Questions
    • The first year turnover rate is 96% for new recruits, do you think you will be able to handle the consulting lifestyle?   View Answer

Manager - Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

4 rounds
    - 1st round is HR screening to confirm the fitment to the position and set the expectations on the role (skills, benefits, etc.) This recruiter will be reasonably knowledgeable about the industry/skill set you are being considered for - and are really good at understanding the fitment. They will clarify any general questions you may have about ACN. Once approved, this HR recruiter will guide/coach you through the next 3 rounds (prior to each round, they will tell you who you are going to meet, what they will be looking for in the interview - and answer any question) - he/she will be a friend of yours to help bring out the best in you.
    - 2nd & 3rd round (order can be interchangeable): skills interview by a employee one level above your applied position - they have certain criteria to judge the level of skill - the questions will be to understand if you have done similar work in your previous jobs. The other round will be behavioral round conducted by a trained behavioral interviewer - they ask you to provide examples of how you handled 4 different types of situations (they will share the situations during the interview)
    First 3 rounds will be remote/telephonic. The 4th round will be in-person or via video-conference/tele-presence
    - 4th round: Confirmation interview with a Managing Director - will confirm your expectations and understanding of the role - explain what is expected by ACN and what you can expect from ACN, if you join - you can share any concerns that you may have, which the recruiter was unable to respond to - if the first 3 rounds went well, the 4th round is to confirm if there are any show-stoppers or red-flags to making an offer - hence, this evaluation is done by a member of the senior executive leadership.

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Applied through university, contacted via e-mail regarding recruitment process, which would consist of an on campus info-session, a networking dinner, 1 in person pre-interview to talk one on one with an Accenture manager, and 2 in person interviews for a behavioral and a more technical based interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the typical process flow for going through a Systems & Integration case?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

First the recruiter called me and briefly went over my resume and scheduled and appointment to speak with the HR manager. A few days later the HR manager called and did what she called a Skills Interview although it felt more Situational. We spoke for about 30 minutes and she said someone will call me to proceed. Two weeks later I received a rejection E-mail.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Initial contact through university career fair. Got an email from a recruiter with a position to apply to. Two phone interviews with different recruiters. Both recruiters were very friendly and did a good job starting the interview by laying out the format. The first gave plenty of time to answer my questions (extending well passed the scheduled end time), while the second seemed a bit rushed. Fairly standard "tell me about a time..." questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a recent time where you have had to give a presentation to a difficult audience.   Answer Question

Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

1st round is maybe 15-20 minutes long. Asked basic fit questions and questions about the company. Opportunities in the end to ask questions. Was told immediately that I'd be referred to the next round.

2nd round is more formal and strictly behavioral. Led by a recruiting specialist who asked 4 questions with maybe 1 or 2 follow up questions. Structure your answers well and the number of follow up questions will lessen. They genuinely want to see if you fit into the role. Lasted around 45 minutes and was told beforehand that it would be strictly behavioral. Opportunities at the end for questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1st round: "What do you know about Accenture?"
      2nd round: "Tell me when you had to make a decision without information"

Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

I applied through my university career center and had an interview on campus (30 minutes). Business professional, but interviewer was friendly. The first interview was to go over my resume. It was very open ended and up to me to sell myself. They notified us that night if we would be moving on to second stage (the next day), which I didn't.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything on your resume you'd like to tell me about?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

I applied to this position through university recruiting. The first round interview took place at the university. I had attended their information session the previous week, which was somewhat unprofessional and lacked much enthusiasm. One of the speakers happened to be my interviewer. As expected, the interviewer lacked excitement and was unable to show why I would enjoy working there. Resultantly, I was unable to connect with the interviewer and find any motivation to pursue this internship positon. This is in contrast to the great things I've heard about the company, so it might be more of a regional issue.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. He just asked me general questions about my resume.   Answer Question