Accenture Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 17, 2015

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. Started with a phone screening, followed by an additional behavioral/situational interview. I was then invited for an on-site interview where I had a case study interview followed by a confirming interview. The entire process went smoothly and went really well.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a slightly different experience than most because I was referred to Accenture by one of their directors, but I ended up having 4 behavioral interviews and one case interview. My office visit (final step) consisted of 1 case interview and 1 behavioral interview (i.e. tell me about a time when... type questions) with two executives at the El Segundo office in Los Angeles. Everyone I met was pretty relaxed, but clearly very sharp. They occasionally asked questions that were very tough, but I suspect that the point of those questions was to see how I could handle the pressure of not having an immediate answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when your working relationship with another person was strained, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two interviews! All behavioral questions.The interviewers were super friendly. make sure you know about Accenture because they ask too many questions about it.Prepare couple of scenarios from your teamwork and project in order to refer to them as an example without thinking too much. The process took 2 months!

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about the time you gathered information? -Tell me about yourself!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

They have 3 main stages: - HR Screening. 30-40 min to review your skills and collect information. Phone - Technical interview. 45-60 min deep technical question based on your resume and possession. Phone - Behavior with senior manager. 30-40 min with mostly your manager or manager of your manager, just to talk with you about your possession and to see if you capable to fit there and your vision. Video conf.

Interview Questions

• First interview was just reviewing and screening. Second interview was very deep technical question related to my possession "Oracle APPS DBA" Third interview just asking very general question "like rate your self in..." and why you want to join... all these HR kind of question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was negotiation about salary "They offer me less than my expectation" I accepted offer as a package not just a salary. Please dont forget that you'll join the lead company in the market plus one of the best 100 place to work in the world.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume online. About a week later, I was invited for an on-campus interview. The first round was just going over my resume and what I know about the company. Why do you want to work for Accenture? What do you think is the day-to-day life of the position you're applying for? 2 days later, I was scheduled for a phone interview for the following week. Second round was a 45-minute phone screen with 3 situation questions. My interviewers were very friendly, but I guess I wasn't a fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had to resolve a conflict; when you had to get something done under a tight deadline; when you had more work to do than you could manage. Give a recent and brief synopsis within the last 2-3 years, and 3 key events or critical points: meetings, decisions, interactions, presentations and tasks, role, outcome.   Answer Question

Business and Systems Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

This was through on-campus recruiting. After the first round interview you were notified the night of if you would be invited to have a final round the next day. Both interviews were one on one and largely behavioral, however be prepared to speak on technical concepts you put on your resume. Be able to walk through your resume in a clear and concise manner that is relevant to the position. While the interview process was over in two days, it took a few weeks for them to notify you of the decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to handle large amounts of data   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for the internship position.

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process comprises of 3 steps, an initial screening, experience interview, and on-site interview. There were two recruiters that guided me along the way, one that conducted the screening and gave advice on the other two interview steps, and one that contacted me initially and later gave a presentation during the on-site interview. 1. Initial screening: The recruiter will ask basic questions to gauge your interest in the job and Accenture. Be prepared to answer "why Accenture", "open to relocation", "why consulting", "analytical or project experience", etc. Note that this is an actual step in the process - you can very easily get tossed out at this level. 2. Experience interview: A consulting manager (not one of the recruiters) will ask 2-4 questions on "tell me about a time...". These are to gauge (1) if you have had any of these experiences at all and (2) how you responded to them. Obviously, these will be easier if you have had work/internship or other project experience. The more professional, the better. The ones I were asked were "Tell me about a time your project encountered issues and how did you solve them", and "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with difficult colleagues/clients". 3. On-site interview: Along with other candidates, you will be brought to the local Accenture 'outpost'. I say outpost because, if you have no prior experience with this type of consulting, you will learn that even senior consultants stationed there only come in one or two days a week to work; the other days, they are at the client site. Keep this in mind. You will find the office clean but mostly empty because of this. Having said that, the other recruiter will give a presentation on Accenture and its values - nothing that you cannot find from the website. Afterward, two senior consultants will interview you. One will conduct a more detailed "tell me about a time..." interview (5-8 questions), and perhaps go over your resume. The other senior consultant will engage in a regular conversation and seem casual but they are testing you the entire time. This is to see your personality, whether you have the drive for go-to-client consulting, and also if you have the technical background for this particular position. Personally I would argue that this is the hardest part - passing the technical knowledge screen was much easier. More than once I was warned about the high turnover rate for new consultants because of the hectic lifestyle, as though they thought I couldn't handle it. The last step is hearing back. You are told that the response will come in two weeks. Despite what some have said, there's no guarantee just because you made it to the on-site interview. I ended up receiving a rejection within a week; my guess is that they felt I was unable to handle the consulting lifestyle. It was particularly disheartening after going through a 4-month process and knowing that my engineering master's degree and work experience easily passed the technical requirements.

Interview Questions

• The first year turnover rate is 96% for new recruits, do you think you will be able to handle the consulting lifestyle?   1 Answer

Manager - Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

4 rounds - 1st round is HR screening to confirm the fitment to the position and set the expectations on the role (skills, benefits, etc.) This recruiter will be reasonably knowledgeable about the industry/skill set you are being considered for - and are really good at understanding the fitment. They will clarify any general questions you may have about ACN. Once approved, this HR recruiter will guide/coach you through the next 3 rounds (prior to each round, they will tell you who you are going to meet, what they will be looking for in the interview - and answer any question) - he/she will be a friend of yours to help bring out the best in you. - 2nd & 3rd round (order can be interchangeable): skills interview by a employee one level above your applied position - they have certain criteria to judge the level of skill - the questions will be to understand if you have done similar work in your previous jobs. The other round will be behavioral round conducted by a trained behavioral interviewer - they ask you to provide examples of how you handled 4 different types of situations (they will share the situations during the interview) First 3 rounds will be remote/telephonic. The 4th round will be in-person or via video-conference/tele-presence - 4th round: Confirmation interview with a Managing Director - will confirm your expectations and understanding of the role - explain what is expected by ACN and what you can expect from ACN, if you join - you can share any concerns that you may have, which the recruiter was unable to respond to - if the first 3 rounds went well, the 4th round is to confirm if there are any show-stoppers or red-flags to making an offer - hence, this evaluation is done by a member of the senior executive leadership.

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through university, contacted via e-mail regarding recruitment process, which would consist of an on campus info-session, a networking dinner, 1 in person pre-interview to talk one on one with an Accenture manager, and 2 in person interviews for a behavioral and a more technical based interview

Interview Questions

• What is the typical process flow for going through a Systems & Integration case?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Irvine, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

First the recruiter called me and briefly went over my resume and scheduled and appointment to speak with the HR manager. A few days later the HR manager called and did what she called a Skills Interview although it felt more Situational. We spoke for about 30 minutes and she said someone will call me to proceed. Two weeks later I received a rejection E-mail.