Accenture

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Typical case study format with 2 cases, one quant and one qualitatative, both on healthcare. The case giver was very patient and was well prepared in his responses to questions.

Interview Question – How do you size the number of stars at a night sky visible to naked eye?   Answer Question

Management Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – 1 Phone interview, 2 Case Intervews, 1 Onsite Interview

Interview Question – Do as many practice case studies as possible.   View Answer

Management Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I was first asked to interview after a resume screening. I then had a on-campus interview. It was 1 hour of interview, back-to-back 30 minute cases, with two different interviewers. Both interviews were structured around a case, with 1-2 standard behavioral questions thrown in there. The interviewers were long-term employees of Accenture.

Interview Question – Cases were not math heavy, but some basic arithmetic was necessary. One of the cases discussed a turnover ratio and methods of reducing the turnover ratio. I struggled with this because I wasn't fully sure how the ratio worked, and that really hurt my chances of moving towards the next round. Both cases were standard though, and they're looking to see how you think and interact with the interviewer. The cases for the interview were the interviewers' own cases from their clients, with details altered.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very math intensive first round interview.

Interview Question – Be prepared for tough cases and lots of math.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – I applied online and was offered an interview about three months in advance. Short competency based interview for 1st round. 2nd round was longer and included two separate interviews.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a Change Management consultant role based on the advice from my friend: a former consultant at Accenture. My friend happened to know the recruiter and made sure that she looked at my resume. The recruiter admitted to me that she wouldn't have picked my resume because I didn't have enough change management experience on it, but did so upon recommendation of my friend. I interviewed with the recruiter via phone for the first round. I interviewed with a Change Management Senior Manager via phone for my second round. I interviewed with two Senior Managers in the SF Office for my final round. That was just before Christmas, so I had to wait 2 weeks to get the offer. The hardest part was getting someone to vouch for me to the recruiter to put me on the interview track.

Interview Question – What change management methodologies or tools have you used in the past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for $10,000 more, additional signing bonus, and compensation for an HR certification that I was about to test for. The response was that the salaries were more science than art in the way compensation at Accenture worked, and I was able to squeeze only $2,000 more out of them. I negotiated with the recruiter, and she was very good.

Management Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Series of three phone screens and one onsite

Interview Question – Explain a situation in which you failed or did not meet a goal and advice you would give yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little room for salary negotiation

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – This is a very difficult company to get any access to, requiring a considerable effort to actually get a phone call. If you have someone who can refer you (i.e. a current employee) it makes it far more likely you'll get a call.

I found the phone screening process to about what I would've expected. It was quite extensive, with significant attention paid to all positions (a little surprising that it wasn't more focused on recent activities, but I suppose every company is a bit different). The interviewer was very professional, very specific on what they were looking for and quite forthcoming with the situation within the company regarding hiring etc.

I enjoyed the interaction and we'll see how it turns out.

Interview Question – There was quite a bit of probing, as expected, on the experiences within consulting which I highlighted on my resume. They wanted to know exactly what was accomplished. This was a little difficult as my previous clients are quite clear that everything I did for them was confidential and I wanted to be certain I respected that confidentiality. Fortunately, they understood the confidentiality and modified their questioning accordingly.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

Interview Details – The process started off with an initial screening interview from HR. Following this, I had two phone interviews-- the first was a skills assessment followed by a case interview. The skills interview was intense and the case interview was a little bit more relaxed. I think this was more a function of the interviewer's style. Following these phone calls, I had an in person interview where I met with two senior executives and a partner. These were mostly behavioral and went well. I haven't received an offer yet, but am hopeful!

Interview Question – If I were to put you into a boardroom with the CEO of company X, what would you sell?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in September 2012.

Interview Details – Accenture hosted a number of networking events at which they introduced current Consultants and explained the company culture. They keep track of attendance at these events so it's crucial to attend. I submitted my resume and they invited me to a first-round interview. I had to separate, roughly hour-long case interviews. The first was a conversational case which was pretty nebulous and confusing. The second was a more quantitative case. Both interviewers were kind but to-the-point.

Interview Question – How would you know if this market is fragmented?   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!