Accenture Management Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

3.2

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Consultant Interview

Several round of interviews, challenging questions about ability to lead and deliver high performance- offer extended with a few days to respond... not the city I wanted originally but overall happy

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture.

Typical case study format with 2 cases, one quant and one qualitatative, both on healthcare. The case giver was very patient and was well prepared in his responses to questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you size the number of stars at a night sky visible to naked eye?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

1 Phone interview, 2 Case Intervews, 1 Onsite Interview

Interview Questions
    • Do as many practice case studies as possible.   View Answer

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

I was first asked to interview after a resume screening. I then had a on-campus interview. It was 1 hour of interview, back-to-back 30 minute cases, with two different interviewers. Both interviews were structured around a case, with 1-2 standard behavioral questions thrown in there. The interviewers were long-term employees of Accenture.

Interview Questions
    • Cases were not math heavy, but some basic arithmetic was necessary. One of the cases discussed a turnover ratio and methods of reducing the turnover ratio. I struggled with this because I wasn't fully sure how the ratio worked, and that really hurt my chances of moving towards the next round. Both cases were standard though, and they're looking to see how you think and interact with the interviewer. The cases for the interview were the interviewers' own cases from their clients, with details altered.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Began with recruiting sessions on campus. Submitted a resume, cover letter and transcript. Only one round of interviews, with two interviews each consisting of a case and behavioral interview.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Very math intensive first round interview.

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online and was offered an interview about three months in advance. Short competency based interview for 1st round. 2nd round was longer and included two separate interviews.

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Series of three phone screens and one onsite

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation in which you failed or did not meet a goal and advice you would give yourself.   View Answer
    There was little room for salary negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture.

This is a very difficult company to get any access to, requiring a considerable effort to actually get a phone call. If you have someone who can refer you (i.e. a current employee) it makes it far more likely you'll get a call.

I found the phone screening process to about what I would've expected. It was quite extensive, with significant attention paid to all positions (a little surprising that it wasn't more focused on recent activities, but I suppose every company is a bit different). The interviewer was very professional, very specific on what they were looking for and quite forthcoming with the situation within the company regarding hiring etc.

I enjoyed the interaction and we'll see how it turns out.

Interview Questions
    • There was quite a bit of probing, as expected, on the experiences within consulting which I highlighted on my resume. They wanted to know exactly what was accomplished. This was a little difficult as my previous clients are quite clear that everything I did for them was confidential and I wanted to be certain I respected that confidentiality. Fortunately, they understood the confidentiality and modified their questioning accordingly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

The process started off with an initial screening interview from HR. Following this, I had two phone interviews-- the first was a skills assessment followed by a case interview. The skills interview was intense and the case interview was a little bit more relaxed. I think this was more a function of the interviewer's style. Following these phone calls, I had an in person interview where I met with two senior executives and a partner. These were mostly behavioral and went well. I haven't received an offer yet, but am hopeful!

Interview Questions
    • If I were to put you into a boardroom with the CEO of company X, what would you sell?   Answer Question