Accenture Management Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

55 interviews

3.2

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Consultant Interview

Several round of interviews, challenging questions about ability to lead and deliver high performance- offer extended with a few days to respond... not the city I wanted originally but overall happy

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Management Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture.

Typical case study format with 2 cases, one quant and one qualitatative, both on healthcare. The case giver was very patient and was well prepared in his responses to questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you size the number of stars at a night sky visible to naked eye?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

1 Phone interview, 2 Case Intervews, 1 Onsite Interview

Interview Questions
    • Do as many practice case studies as possible.   View Answer

Management Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Accenture.

I was first asked to interview after a resume screening. I then had a on-campus interview. It was 1 hour of interview, back-to-back 30 minute cases, with two different interviewers. Both interviews were structured around a case, with 1-2 standard behavioral questions thrown in there. The interviewers were long-term employees of Accenture.

Interview Questions
    • Cases were not math heavy, but some basic arithmetic was necessary. One of the cases discussed a turnover ratio and methods of reducing the turnover ratio. I struggled with this because I wasn't fully sure how the ratio worked, and that really hurt my chances of moving towards the next round. Both cases were standard though, and they're looking to see how you think and interact with the interviewer. The cases for the interview were the interviewers' own cases from their clients, with details altered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Very math intensive first round interview.

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online and was offered an interview about three months in advance. Short competency based interview for 1st round. 2nd round was longer and included two separate interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

I applied for a Change Management consultant role based on the advice from my friend: a former consultant at Accenture. My friend happened to know the recruiter and made sure that she looked at my resume. The recruiter admitted to me that she wouldn't have picked my resume because I didn't have enough change management experience on it, but did so upon recommendation of my friend. I interviewed with the recruiter via phone for the first round. I interviewed with a Change Management Senior Manager via phone for my second round. I interviewed with two Senior Managers in the SF Office for my final round. That was just before Christmas, so I had to wait 2 weeks to get the offer. The hardest part was getting someone to vouch for me to the recruiter to put me on the interview track.

Interview Questions
    • What change management methodologies or tools have you used in the past.   View Answer
    I asked for $10,000 more, additional signing bonus, and compensation for an HR certification that I was about to test for. The response was that the salaries were more science than art in the way compensation at Accenture worked, and I was able to squeeze only $2,000 more out of them. I negotiated with the recruiter, and she was very good.

Management Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Series of three phone screens and one onsite

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation in which you failed or did not meet a goal and advice you would give yourself.   View Answer
    There was little room for salary negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture.

This is a very difficult company to get any access to, requiring a considerable effort to actually get a phone call. If you have someone who can refer you (i.e. a current employee) it makes it far more likely you'll get a call.

I found the phone screening process to about what I would've expected. It was quite extensive, with significant attention paid to all positions (a little surprising that it wasn't more focused on recent activities, but I suppose every company is a bit different). The interviewer was very professional, very specific on what they were looking for and quite forthcoming with the situation within the company regarding hiring etc.

I enjoyed the interaction and we'll see how it turns out.

Interview Questions
    • There was quite a bit of probing, as expected, on the experiences within consulting which I highlighted on my resume. They wanted to know exactly what was accomplished. This was a little difficult as my previous clients are quite clear that everything I did for them was confidential and I wanted to be certain I respected that confidentiality. Fortunately, they understood the confidentiality and modified their questioning accordingly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

The process started off with an initial screening interview from HR. Following this, I had two phone interviews-- the first was a skills assessment followed by a case interview. The skills interview was intense and the case interview was a little bit more relaxed. I think this was more a function of the interviewer's style. Following these phone calls, I had an in person interview where I met with two senior executives and a partner. These were mostly behavioral and went well. I haven't received an offer yet, but am hopeful!

Interview Questions
    • If I were to put you into a boardroom with the CEO of company X, what would you sell?   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!