Accenture

Updated Jan 26, 2015

3.2

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

The first round consisted of two back to back hour-long case interviews given by two separate interviewers. They jumped straight into the interviews without much behavioral questions. All the interviewers were male.

Interview Questions
  • Business case question about low-cost airplane carriers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Recruiting mainly from undergraduate campuses, but additionally some experienced hires at the analyst level. Initial screening by HR to assess overall fit and position the candidate is qualified for. First round of interviews may be by phone or in person covering two case studies and one behavioral interview with executives. Second (final) round of interview is one or two case studies with executives and a confirming interview with a Managing Director. HR is quick to provide results to candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Cases are determined by the executives performing the interviews and can therefore vary quite drastically based on the executive's area of expertise   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate relocation bonus (when applicable); salaries for entry level are prescribed by location but experienced hires will be able to negotiate salary and months at level which impacts when employee is eligible for promotion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

Resume drop for OCR. Interviewees were invited to a social that helped us get to know the interviewers. First round was two one-hour, 1:1 interviews. In each, about 15 mins of behavioral ("tell me about a time you positively impacted society", etc) and the rest was a case. I was called that evening for final round the following day. Final round consisted of two hour long interviews, each 1:1. First was purely a case interview. Second was purely behavioral. All interviews were with executives - senior manager and above. All in all, everyone was extremely friendly (much more so than expected) and seemed genuinely interested in me. Nothing extremely challenging - just be prepared to defend any points made on your resume and have good stories. After doing final round on Friday, I received the offer the following Wednesday, making the whole process less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy - cases were not as hard as expected. One was M&A, one was related to risk management and final was related to pricing in healthcare industry. All interviewers were friendly and patient during the cases and all cases were made from their experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Liked offer as given.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Campus recruiting process included a resume drop, notification via email about first round interviews, phone call from interviewer informing me of a second round interview, quick 1 day turnaround with offer. First round interview was 2 back to back 1 hour interviews. Both interviews included a case and some behavioral questions. Second round interview was 2 back to back 45 minute interviews. One was a case interview, and the other was more focused on behaviorals.

Interview Questions
    • A persuasive exercise, in which I picked a topic in which I have a strong opinion. I had to give an elevator pitch explaining my argument. Then he asked me to give an elevator pitch arguing the opposite side.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2011.

The process was broken up into 3 stages.
    I received a call from a recruiter on a Monday and was told about the basic layout and when to expect a final interview if I should make it to that stage.
    I was scheduled for a first round interview on Friday of the same week. It was a short discussion followed by a 1 hour case interview (the case started off as a factor question and moved onto a purely numbers case). I found out that I had made to to the next round by Wednesday of the following week.
    It took another 2 weeks to schedule the next round. This interview was scheduled for a Monday. It was purely a case interview with no behavioral section. It was a market entry case. I found out that I had made it to the final round the next day...which was scheduled for Friday of the same week.
    This final interview had 3 sections: 1 behavioral interview for an hour, 1 case interview for an hour, and a 1 hour information session. It seemed like if you had made it to this stage of the interview and they were willing to spend 3 hours of their time, the job was yours to lose.
    I found out I got the job 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What factors would you consider when consolidating numerous finance branch offices into a single location?   View Answer
    The offer was very fair and it came with a signing bonus. I was happy so I didn't see the point in negotiating. I don't think there is much room for negotiating unless you are brining something really special to the table.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Online app- online skills test- discuss with recruiter- 2 phone case interviews- in person interview

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Overall, the process was well run, however I was put off by the arrogance of the place.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study: Analyze the current state of the highway system in the US.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

First round: A typical resume screening. 25 minutes, just a conversation running down the key points of your resume.

Second round: Totally behavioral. A lot of "tell me about a time" questions. This one's 45 minutes, and be prepared with lots of stories about how you "thrived in a team setting" or "overcame adversity".

Third round: Two interviews at the client site - a senior manager and a senior executive. If you've made it thus far, you've probably already landed the job.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose your client was a water company. They've experienced a backlog of people in their call center and haven't been able to tend to their problems in a timely manner. Currently, each caller needs to call the call center and then the call center routes the question to the appropriate person in the relevant geographic area. How would you improve this process?   Answer Question
    None. No negotiation at all. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

The interview process was really interactive and there was a case during each of the three stages. The final round was an on-site visit with lunch, a presentation, and 2 final interviews. All of the interviewers were very friendly and personable. Overall, it was a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in May 2010.

I applied online during my last quarter of grad school. Was contacted by a recruiter a month later. Had an easy, mostly conversational interview with the recruiter, mainly just walking him through my resume. A few days later I had a phone interview with a manager. Behavioral questions were asked (I should have prepared for these - a good way is to google the most basic questions then to bullet out responses). Then a week later I was invited to interview at the office (flown to NY). I interviewed with a Senior Manager and a Senior Executive. Both were pretty much typical interviews, resume walk thru's, goals, desires, etc. Offer was made the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Cant remember specifics, but it was behavioral. Something technical, but I didnt have exact experience so I told her that. Advice: If you dont have exact experience, walk them through your logical approach.   Answer Question
    I was told there was no negotiating and since the economy was bad, I took what they offered. Came to find out later that what I accepted was less 7K less than the max. No premium paid for having an MBA. Advice: Always negotiate!