Accenture

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Consulting Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting process included a resume drop, notification via email about first round interviews, phone call from interviewer informing me of a second round interview, quick 1 day turnaround with offer. First round interview was 2 back to back 1 hour interviews. Both interviews included a case and some behavioral questions. Second round interview was 2 back to back 45 minute interviews. One was a case interview, and the other was more focused on behaviorals.

Interview Question – A persuasive exercise, in which I picked a topic in which I have a strong opinion. I had to give an elevator pitch explaining my argument. Then he asked me to give an elevator pitch arguing the opposite side.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews (I believe). I had an initial phone screen with very basic information, then another behavioral interview by phone, and then a visit to the home office where I was interviewed by 2 managers (one case study interview and another one for fit).

Interview Question – Are you married? Interviewer (who was a manager, not a recruiter) asked by mistake, then said "oops, I didn't mean as an interview question!" and moved on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate, but I heard others who were also given an offer were not able to negotiate.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online during my last quarter of grad school. Was contacted by a recruiter a month later. Had an easy, mostly conversational interview with the recruiter, mainly just walking him through my resume. A few days later I had a phone interview with a manager. Behavioral questions were asked (I should have prepared for these - a good way is to google the most basic questions then to bullet out responses). Then a week later I was invited to interview at the office (flown to NY). I interviewed with a Senior Manager and a Senior Executive. Both were pretty much typical interviews, resume walk thru's, goals, desires, etc. Offer was made the next day.

Interview Question – Cant remember specifics, but it was behavioral. Something technical, but I didnt have exact experience so I told her that. Advice: If you dont have exact experience, walk them through your logical approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told there was no negotiating and since the economy was bad, I took what they offered. Came to find out later that what I accepted was less 7K less than the max. No premium paid for having an MBA. Advice: Always negotiate!

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – Online app- online skills test- discuss with recruiter- 2 phone case interviews- in person interview

Interview Question – case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Interview Details – First round: A typical resume screening. 25 minutes, just a conversation running down the key points of your resume.

Second round: Totally behavioral. A lot of "tell me about a time" questions. This one's 45 minutes, and be prepared with lots of stories about how you "thrived in a team setting" or "overcame adversity".

Third round: Two interviews at the client site - a senior manager and a senior executive. If you've made it thus far, you've probably already landed the job.

Interview Question – Suppose your client was a water company. They've experienced a backlog of people in their call center and haven't been able to tend to their problems in a timely manner. Currently, each caller needs to call the call center and then the call center routes the question to the appropriate person in the relevant geographic area. How would you improve this process?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. No negotiation at all. Take it or leave it.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process was broken up into 3 stages.
I received a call from a recruiter on a Monday and was told about the basic layout and when to expect a final interview if I should make it to that stage.
I was scheduled for a first round interview on Friday of the same week. It was a short discussion followed by a 1 hour case interview (the case started off as a factor question and moved onto a purely numbers case). I found out that I had made to to the next round by Wednesday of the following week.
It took another 2 weeks to schedule the next round. This interview was scheduled for a Monday. It was purely a case interview with no behavioral section. It was a market entry case. I found out that I had made it to the final round the next day...which was scheduled for Friday of the same week.
This final interview had 3 sections: 1 behavioral interview for an hour, 1 case interview for an hour, and a 1 hour information session. It seemed like if you had made it to this stage of the interview and they were willing to spend 3 hours of their time, the job was yours to lose.
I found out I got the job 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What factors would you consider when consolidating numerous finance branch offices into a single location?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was very fair and it came with a signing bonus. I was happy so I didn't see the point in negotiating. I don't think there is much room for negotiating unless you are brining something really special to the table.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – Overall, the process was well run, however I was put off by the arrogance of the place.

Interview Question – Case Study: Analyze the current state of the highway system in the US.   Answer Question

Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was really interactive and there was a case during each of the three stages. The final round was an on-site visit with lunch, a presentation, and 2 final interviews. All of the interviewers were very friendly and personable. Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Question – How would you fix the U.S. Postal Service?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview- 15 mins general background info and feeling out personality/type

2nd phone interview- behavioral questions 1 hr.

3rd interview-fly to NYC, stay at hotel, on Accenture's bill, general presentation format by Analysts/associates at Accenture and 2 1:1 interviews with executives at Accenture (4 hrs)

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Analyst Management Consulting Interview

Analyst Management Consulting
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews consisting of behaviorial and situational questions. One office visit which consisted of two interviews with managers/execs, and then finally a case study.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time where you faced difficulties in a group project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
  • Think of a time you were assigned a task with little or no direction, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!