Accenture Management Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.2

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in June 2015.

Interview

Overall a fairly easy and painless process. I was contacted by the recruiter to set up an initial phone screening, which consisted of a brief overview of the position, as well as a few basic questions about my educational background and interests. After this initial screening, the recruiter set up an hour long behavioral interview, to be held over the phone. After completion of the behavioral interview, my recruiter got back in touch with me within a day to tell me I had been invited to the in-office interview day/final round, which was scheduled for about two weeks after the behavioral interview. During the final round, there were three scheduled meetings. The first consisted of a few current Accenture associates who presented a powerpoint on the company, and fielded any questions the interviewees had about the company, the culture, and the work itself. The second meeting was an in-person case study, which lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer was easy going, and extremely helpful and sincere. Though I was stressed out, it was not nearly as difficult or complex as I had imagined. The final meeting was another in-person interview, but filled more with behavioral questions and questions about fit with the company. It took my recruiter about a week to get back to me, and although the positions at the location I had interviewed for were filled already, I was given a list of other locations to rank. I received the news that I had an offer from my number 1 ranked city about another week after that. Then, once the offer letter comes down from corporate, you are given one additional week to consider all the terms, ask any questions, and sign and return the forms.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working in a team setting or working individually?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school's job posting site back in mid-February. 1. Received an invitation to interview on campus. Interviewed with a partner. It was basically a conversation and walking her through my resume. She was very nice and made it extremely relaxed. 2. Notified that I received a second-round interview. This happened on campus two days later and was also with a partner. Again, it was very conversational but a little more behavioral. He asked me questions about working in teams and leadership, something Accenture always asks about, and why consulting. Then I didn't hear back from them for a month and a half, so I moved on. Then I randomly received a phone call one evening in early April and was told that I would have a final-round interview in their Philadelphia office. I scheduled it for the upcoming Friday because I had an approaching offer deadline for another company. The recruiter sent an email to me telling me what to expect in the interview process. There would be two 45 minute interviews, one case interview and one closing interview. 3. The case interview was with a managing director. He asked me a very obscure case question, which was an actual problem he was working on with one of his clients. He told me he didn't like to ask the generic case questions. The interviewer wanted to see my thought process about the problem. We talked about the case for about 15 minutes, after which he said we could just stop. He was more focused on getting to know me than the case itself. He then proceeded to ask behavioral questions: Talk about a time when you didn't get along with a teammate and how you worked through that. Tell me how you've shown leadership. Walk me through a project you've done. Why consulting? Why Accenture? They want to see how you work in teams. 4. The closing interview was immediately after the case interview. The interviewer asked a lot of similar behavioral questions that were asked in the previous interview. He also asked me what my greatest strength and weakness are. He gave me a lot of time to ask questions, so use this time wisely. I think my knowledge of the company and enthusiasm about the role really showed. I received the offer a week later. The offer was very generous. You can expect a base salary, signing bonus, and relocation bonus, along with the performance bonus at the end of the year.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strength and weakness? Why consulting? Why Accenture?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Situational/ Behavioral Interview: They ask probing questions, but I was prepared because of all of the Glassdoor questions posted here. They really stick to the questions I've seen on this site, and even if the question is not exact verbatim, if you've thought of examples, you can definitely apply them to most questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about a time when you had to face a difficult obstacle. What was the outcome? 2) Tell me about a time you managed a conflict. 3) Tell me about a time when you did something you have never done before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process included three different interviews. The first interview occurred over the phone with the recruiter. We went over my resume and the questions centered on my professional career. There were your basic questions of leadership, etc. I remember the recruiter asking what drew me to Accenture. I would recommend doing research on Accenture before starting your interview process. The second interview was again over the phone with some more in-depth behavioral questions. They were not difficult, but centered again on leadership, conflict resolution, management, problem solving, etc. The third interview was an in office interview divided into three parts. The first part included a lunch with a presentation from three analysts. The presentation was casual and centered on explaining more about Accenture. The second part was the case study interview. The interviewer was extremely friendly for someone's first time doing a case study interview. The scenario was a bit complicated, but it was more about how you can solve a problem/break down a problem and present it. The third interview was with a different Accenture employee and again focused on my past professional experiences.

Interview Questions

• They asked several times what I learned from each scenario I described.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Interview

Recruiter was very friendly and seemed to have a genuine interest in getting to know me. They were also straight forward with any questions that I had. Getting responses for them always came in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to handle a challenging/difficult task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a slightly different experience than most because I was referred to Accenture by one of their directors, but I ended up having 4 behavioral interviews and one case interview. My office visit (final step) consisted of 1 case interview and 1 behavioral interview (i.e. tell me about a time when... type questions) with two executives at the El Segundo office in Los Angeles. Everyone I met was pretty relaxed, but clearly very sharp. They occasionally asked questions that were very tough, but I suspect that the point of those questions was to see how I could handle the pressure of not having an immediate answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when your working relationship with another person was strained, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. Started with a phone screening, followed by an additional behavioral/situational interview. I was then invited for an on-site interview where I had a case study interview followed by a confirming interview. The entire process went smoothly and went really well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

- received an email from a recruiter - 30 mins phone screen talking about the resume - behavioral interview over the phone. 3-4 questions about situations and how you handled them - got an email from a recruiter that I was invited for an on-site interview - On-site interview consisted of 3 parts. A presentation from current consultants, a case interview which was broken down into 2 parts, and a fit interview with a senior consultant. They were really strict on time. - 3 days later a recruiter sent me an email saying I needed to improve on case interview part and did not get an offer. This was no surprise, I walked in there with zero live case interview practice and was glad I got that far my first try. I had no idea how much people practiced before these interviews until later on.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The first round consisted of two back to back hour-long case interviews given by two separate interviewers. They jumped straight into the interviews without much behavioral questions. All the interviewers were male.

Interview Questions

• Business case question about low-cost airplane carriers   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Recruiting mainly from undergraduate campuses, but additionally some experienced hires at the analyst level. Initial screening by HR to assess overall fit and position the candidate is qualified for. First round of interviews may be by phone or in person covering two case studies and one behavioral interview with executives. Second (final) round of interview is one or two case studies with executives and a confirming interview with a Managing Director. HR is quick to provide results to candidates.

Interview Questions

• Cases are determined by the executives performing the interviews and can therefore vary quite drastically based on the executive's area of expertise   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate relocation bonus (when applicable); salaries for entry level are prescribed by location but experienced hires will be able to negotiate salary and months at level which impacts when employee is eligible for promotion