Accenture Management Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

3.2

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school's job posting site back in mid-February.

1. Received an invitation to interview on campus. Interviewed with a partner. It was basically a conversation and walking her through my resume. She was very nice and made it extremely relaxed.

2. Notified that I received a second-round interview. This happened on campus two days later and was also with a partner. Again, it was very conversational but a little more behavioral. He asked me questions about working in teams and leadership, something Accenture always asks about, and why consulting.

Then I didn't hear back from them for a month and a half, so I moved on. Then I randomly received a phone call one evening in early April and was told that I would have a final-round interview in their Philadelphia office. I scheduled it for the upcoming Friday because I had an approaching offer deadline for another company.

The recruiter sent an email to me telling me what to expect in the interview process. There would be two 45 minute interviews, one case interview and one closing interview.

3. The case interview was with a managing director. He asked me a very obscure case question, which was an actual problem he was working on with one of his clients. He told me he didn't like to ask the generic case questions. The interviewer wanted to see my thought process about the problem. We talked about the case for about 15 minutes, after which he said we could just stop. He was more focused on getting to know me than the case itself. He then proceeded to ask behavioral questions: Talk about a time when you didn't get along with a teammate and how you worked through that. Tell me how you've shown leadership. Walk me through a project you've done. Why consulting? Why Accenture? They want to see how you work in teams.

4. The closing interview was immediately after the case interview. The interviewer asked a lot of similar behavioral questions that were asked in the previous interview. He also asked me what my greatest strength and weakness are. He gave me a lot of time to ask questions, so use this time wisely. I think my knowledge of the company and enthusiasm about the role really showed.

I received the offer a week later.

The offer was very generous. You can expect a base salary, signing bonus, and relocation bonus, along with the performance bonus at the end of the year.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strength and weakness? Why consulting? Why Accenture?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Interview

Recruiter was very friendly and seemed to have a genuine interest in getting to know me. They were also straight forward with any questions that I had. Getting responses for them always came in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to handle a challenging/difficult task?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The first round consisted of two back to back hour-long case interviews given by two separate interviewers. They jumped straight into the interviews without much behavioral questions. All the interviewers were male.

Interview Questions

• Business case question about low-cost airplane carriers   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Recruiting mainly from undergraduate campuses, but additionally some experienced hires at the analyst level. Initial screening by HR to assess overall fit and position the candidate is qualified for. First round of interviews may be by phone or in person covering two case studies and one behavioral interview with executives. Second (final) round of interview is one or two case studies with executives and a confirming interview with a Managing Director. HR is quick to provide results to candidates.

Interview Questions

• Cases are determined by the executives performing the interviews and can therefore vary quite drastically based on the executive's area of expertise   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate relocation bonus (when applicable); salaries for entry level are prescribed by location but experienced hires will be able to negotiate salary and months at level which impacts when employee is eligible for promotion

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Resume drop for OCR. Interviewees were invited to a social that helped us get to know the interviewers. First round was two one-hour, 1:1 interviews. In each, about 15 mins of behavioral ("tell me about a time you positively impacted society", etc) and the rest was a case. I was called that evening for final round the following day. Final round consisted of two hour long interviews, each 1:1. First was purely a case interview. Second was purely behavioral. All interviews were with executives - senior manager and above. All in all, everyone was extremely friendly (much more so than expected) and seemed genuinely interested in me. Nothing extremely challenging - just be prepared to defend any points made on your resume and have good stories. After doing final round on Friday, I received the offer the following Wednesday, making the whole process less than a week.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy - cases were not as hard as expected. One was M&A, one was related to risk management and final was related to pricing in healthcare industry. All interviewers were friendly and patient during the cases and all cases were made from their experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Liked offer as given.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview

Campus recruiting process included a resume drop, notification via email about first round interviews, phone call from interviewer informing me of a second round interview, quick 1 day turnaround with offer. First round interview was 2 back to back 1 hour interviews. Both interviews included a case and some behavioral questions. Second round interview was 2 back to back 45 minute interviews. One was a case interview, and the other was more focused on behaviorals.

Interview Questions

• A persuasive exercise, in which I picked a topic in which I have a strong opinion. I had to give an elevator pitch explaining my argument. Then he asked me to give an elevator pitch arguing the opposite side.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The process was broken up into 3 stages.
    I received a call from a recruiter on a Monday and was told about the basic layout and when to expect a final interview if I should make it to that stage.
    I was scheduled for a first round interview on Friday of the same week. It was a short discussion followed by a 1 hour case interview (the case started off as a factor question and moved onto a purely numbers case). I found out that I had made to to the next round by Wednesday of the following week.
    It took another 2 weeks to schedule the next round. This interview was scheduled for a Monday. It was purely a case interview with no behavioral section. It was a market entry case. I found out that I had made it to the final round the next day...which was scheduled for Friday of the same week.
    This final interview had 3 sections: 1 behavioral interview for an hour, 1 case interview for an hour, and a 1 hour information session. It seemed like if you had made it to this stage of the interview and they were willing to spend 3 hours of their time, the job was yours to lose.
    I found out I got the job 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you consider when consolidating numerous finance branch offices into a single location?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was very fair and it came with a signing bonus. I was happy so I didn't see the point in negotiating. I don't think there is much room for negotiating unless you are brining something really special to the table.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

Online app- online skills test- discuss with recruiter- 2 phone case interviews- in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Overall, the process was well run, however I was put off by the arrogance of the place.

Interview Questions

• Case Study: Analyze the current state of the highway system in the US.   Answer Question