Accenture Management Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

3.3

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

The initial interview - more like a routine screening than an actual interview - was very pleasant. I interviewed with a very nice Accenture employee and was looking forward to interactions with other Accenture employees. Unfortunately, the next interview was a case study with an employee who was arrogant about his case.

Interview Questions
  • It's not so much about the difficulty of the case interview, but the ill fit between my area of expertise (people, talent, soft skills) and the topic for the case (heavy financial analysis and projection).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Accenture in June 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me for their People and Change practice. Had two short phone conversations with two recruiters about my background and career aspirations. This was followed by a 1-hour "technical" phone interview with a manager who asked me about my experience with business process mapping, building a business case, and current trends in HR technology. This was followed by an in-person interview with a Managing Director where we talked about my previous work experience and did a case. Final interview was another phone interview with a Senior Manager about "fit". The final interview was more of a conversation - I prepared several questions which became the bulk of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case was very general about how to handle a finance transformation of an M&A -- no calculations, just had to make sure you cover your bases with a framework.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Two rounds of interviews, two interviewers per round. One hour for each interviewer who spent 30 minutes discussing my resume and the other 30 minutes on a case study. One was local the other was at HQ.

Interviewers are mostly Senior Managers in first round and Managing Director's in the second. Be sure to understand Accenture's corporate culture and what you're interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do consulting?

Be prepared to answer this question and make sure you can back it up! Be honest.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Very easy, just wanted to see if you were presentable in front of the client

Interview Questions
    They weren't willing to move much on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

I had 1 HR interview, 1 technical interview over the phone. After that, I was flown to an office to have a case study interview and meet with an SE.

Interview Questions
    • During one of the interview, I was asked what my key weaknesses were.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in March 2009.

There were 3 interviews in the first round with Consultants, focused on basic case work and demonstrating analytical skills. After the first round the notification for second round came a few hours later. Second round was two case interviews with Senior Executives and then a fit interview with a Senior Manager in my target practice.

Interview Questions
    • You have been brought into a company that has just acquired a competitor. What would you advise the CEO as the most important things that need to happen in the first 90 days?   View Answer
    No, I did not negotiate because we were in the middle of the recession, and that did not seem to be encouraged

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2008.

I applied online to a listing posted on my business school's career website. Accenture contacted me saying that I was selected for an interview and we set up a 1st round interview. I had 2 first round phone interviews which were part behavioral, but mainly each was a case. After those 2, we set up a day of 2nd round interviews at the NY office with comprised of 3 interviews (over 3 hours), all of which included cases. The office was nothing special, and none of the people I interviewed with were from the NY office. The styles were different from person to person, but that was more a function of the people than of the process. From a straight, formal case interview, to a conversation about behavioral questions with a mini-case and a more informal case discussion with a Sr. Exec.

Interview Questions
    • A case about about the benefits that a cell phone mfg could realize from standardizing their battery types   Answer Question
    I was weighing the offer against a non-consulting offer, so the question for me was more about consulting or not, not Accenture or not.

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Group interview, 2 solo interviews

No negotiation responded to

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

The whole process took over four months with the initial application to first interview taking the majority of the time, over three months from application to first interview. Then there was another four weeks before the second and final interview was scheduled.

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

3 steps in hiring process; HR skill intrview done by HR professional into 1:1 session (duration: 30-45 minutes), Manager interview is a competency based interview (duration: 1 hour) and Senior Manager interview is done to check if you are fit to work with employer or not (duration: 1 hour)

Interview Questions
    • During the Senior Manager interview they are questioning your past experiences.   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!