Accenture Management Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

3.3

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Interview process was unorganized. I have seen the questions one of my interviewer gave me so I told him and he just pulled something out of thin air. I think I did really well on the impromptu case but no idea whether that affected me in any way.

My 2nd interview, interviewer also just pulled something out of thin air and I was the first person he tried this on. Pretty sure the way he gives the case will be different from candidate to candidate so it's not a fair assessment of performance.

One of my friend also interviewed with Accenture on the same day, was originally told to be interviewing for the Business Strategy group but on the day of interviewed with M&A group.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected just unorganized. The way the cases are communicated to candidates will affect candidate performance no doubt.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The initial interview - more like a routine screening than an actual interview - was very pleasant. I interviewed with a very nice Accenture employee and was looking forward to interactions with other Accenture employees. Unfortunately, the next interview was a case study with an employee who was arrogant about his case.

Interview Questions

• It's not so much about the difficulty of the case interview, but the ill fit between my area of expertise (people, talent, soft skills) and the topic for the case (heavy financial analysis and projection).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for their People and Change practice. Had two short phone conversations with two recruiters about my background and career aspirations. This was followed by a 1-hour "technical" phone interview with a manager who asked me about my experience with business process mapping, building a business case, and current trends in HR technology. This was followed by an in-person interview with a Managing Director where we talked about my previous work experience and did a case. Final interview was another phone interview with a Senior Manager about "fit". The final interview was more of a conversation - I prepared several questions which became the bulk of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Case was very general about how to handle a finance transformation of an M&A -- no calculations, just had to make sure you cover your bases with a framework.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, two interviewers per round. One hour for each interviewer who spent 30 minutes discussing my resume and the other 30 minutes on a case study. One was local the other was at HQ.

Interviewers are mostly Senior Managers in first round and Managing Director's in the second. Be sure to understand Accenture's corporate culture and what you're interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do consulting?

Be prepared to answer this question and make sure you can back it up! Be honest.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very easy, just wanted to see if you were presentable in front of the client

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They weren't willing to move much on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I had 1 HR interview, 1 technical interview over the phone. After that, I was flown to an office to have a case study interview and meet with an SE.

Interview Questions

• During one of the interview, I was asked what my key weaknesses were.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

There were 3 interviews in the first round with Consultants, focused on basic case work and demonstrating analytical skills. After the first round the notification for second round came a few hours later. Second round was two case interviews with Senior Executives and then a fit interview with a Senior Manager in my target practice.

Interview Questions

• You have been brought into a company that has just acquired a competitor. What would you advise the CEO as the most important things that need to happen in the first 90 days?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, I did not negotiate because we were in the middle of the recession, and that did not seem to be encouraged

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

I applied online to a listing posted on my business school's career website. Accenture contacted me saying that I was selected for an interview and we set up a 1st round interview. I had 2 first round phone interviews which were part behavioral, but mainly each was a case. After those 2, we set up a day of 2nd round interviews at the NY office with comprised of 3 interviews (over 3 hours), all of which included cases. The office was nothing special, and none of the people I interviewed with were from the NY office. The styles were different from person to person, but that was more a function of the people than of the process. From a straight, formal case interview, to a conversation about behavioral questions with a mini-case and a more informal case discussion with a Sr. Exec.

Interview Questions

• A case about about the benefits that a cell phone mfg could realize from standardizing their battery types   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was weighing the offer against a non-consulting offer, so the question for me was more about consulting or not, not Accenture or not.

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Group interview, 2 solo interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation responded to

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview

The whole process took over four months with the initial application to first interview taking the majority of the time, over three months from application to first interview. Then there was another four weeks before the second and final interview was scheduled.