Accenture Management Consulting Manager Interview Questions

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

I interviewed for a senior manager role, but was brought in as a manager - this was disingenuos on their part, quite frankly, because I was placed in almost nothing but senior manager roles for my entire tenure with the company. On the up-side, I negotiated a salary that actually was a little better than what many senior managers were receiving.

The overall process was very professional.

It wasn't a big deal. I was already self employed and making quite a bit of money, so I had a good position to negotiate from. I gave them my compensation requirements, and they accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in September 2012.

There is a lot of planning that is required for this interview process. Know the company. Be clear about your value with the company. And, prepare a lot for the situation interview (Situation, Action, Business Outcome). Keep the situations as short and concise as possible.

Interview Questions
    • In the situation interview I was asked to give details about how I manage a Project; assigned resources, tracked progress etc... The interviewer was looking for a lot of specifics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

I was referred to Accenture by a current employee. My first interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. She asked me questions about my background and work experience, and we discussed what sort of role I was looking for, and what sort of compensation I was expecting. The recruiter then scheduled a skills interview and a behavioral interview, both over the phone.

The skills interview was with a Senior Manager, who asked me specific questions about my experience doing the type of work I would be doing in the role I was applying for. This was the most challenging interview. Next was the behavioral interview, which was a joke. The interviewer wasn't a consultant, and she spent more time making small talk than actually asking the behavioral questions she was supposed to be asking. The sad thing is that her entire job function at Accenture consisted of conducting behavioral interviews.

After those interviews I was asked to fly to New York for a final face-to-face interview with a couple partners. This was a breeze. They asked very few tough questions, and seemed to be more interested selling me on the job than finding out if I was really qualified. A few days later the recruiter called me and made a verbal offer.

The process was very smooth, and I was impressed with how organized and efficient everything was. The only negative perception was the behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    They desperately needed my skill set -- and I knew this -- so I set the expectation early that I wanted top dollar for the job. They low balled me a hair, but I was able to negotiate up to the number I wanted. Be careful when you get the verbal offer -- when I got the written offer, there were some conditions attached to the offer that were not articulated through the verbal offer. Make sure the recruiter gives you all the nitty-gritty terms and conditions before verbally accepting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

Communication is key. Should know how to be a team player and eager to learn. College degree give you an edge and for experienced hire need to have atleas 7 to 10 years for experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tall me about the most challenging project you handeled and how did you manage to complete it in time ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

I was initially contacted by the HR on phone. Soon after, I had a skills interview with a Senior Executive followed by a 1:1 interview with another Senior Executive. I thought the entire interview process was very professional and organized, even though it took me almost three months to complete it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of your past project management experiences, from its beginning to the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Through a former collegue of mine, I was able to land an interview with Accenture for a manager position. The initial interview consisted of a phone interview with one of the HR recruiters. This inital interview was primarily a review of my resume and whether or not I had the basic skills for the position. The recuriter was very nice and helpful and described the overall interview process to me in detail. Apparently, I did well. I was scheduled a week later for the skills interview with a Sr. Manager in the section where the position originated. This interview was also conducted via phone and was much more detailed. The purpose seems to focus on whether or not I had the experience for the role and if I would be a good fit for the position. The Sr. Manager was also extremely helpful and knowledible in the subject area. I came away with a positive feeling about the interview even though it was apparent that the role was not specifically suited for me. It's been a little over two weeks and I haven't heard whether a final decision has been made. Regardless, I enjoyed learning about the firm and I appreciate the opportunity to interview and to be considered.

Interview Questions
    • How would you classify your experience in terms of the work our section of the firm conducts? Please explain and provide an example in your experiene that exemplifies this.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2014.

Resume screening by HR, then initial phone interview with HR, then interview with Senior Manager, then with Managing partner. The whole process took a month more or less. The process was fairly streamlined with little time in between interviews, There was also a personality test by phone. I got a good insights into the company's strategic direction and working atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Only general questions about experience and specific questions about project experiences.   Answer Question

I chose another company.

Manager - Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Relatively quick and easy - applied online and 3 days later received a call asking for phone interview. The phone interview will be with someone in the field which last an hour whereby specific questions about the industry/expertise followed by the opportunity of you asking them the questions. A few days later received a call from the HR/recruitment team confirming the next stage of 1-1 interview with a partner whereby you'll have to review a case study and be prepared to answer questions. It was then followed by more interview questions about the industry trying to get a sense of what can you bring to the group. This may last up to 90 minutes or so, but ensure you make this a dialogue and conversational as supposed to being robotic and just answering their questions. Ask them questions about the culture fit etc to show that you've reviewed the company thoroughly. You will then have an interview with the HR manager on the same day. A week or so later you will get a decision of hire/no hire. Be prepared to negotiate your package and do not accept the package as is.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, I think the interview process was simple compared to other companies such as Microsoft or Google.   Answer Question
    Be prepared to go back and forth at least once or twice when the offer is presented to you.

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

I applied for an Experienced Hire position directly via the company careers website. 4 weeks later I was notified by HR that they would like to do a first round telephone interview. The interview would be conducted by a manager who would be from the department that the job was advertised for. The manager would be conducting a skills interview and be asking questions with relation to my CV.

3 Days later the manager called on time to conduct the interview. It was very straight forward. She started off by introducing herself and gave a bit of history of her own career within Accenture and projects that she had worked on.

The next stage was quite simple. I had to talk about my back ground and walked her through my CV. The whole conversation was carried out in a very informal manner just like two friends chatting over coffee. She obviously had some key questions which she needed answered and managed to throw these in to the conversation:

Tell me about a time where you showed leadership?

How do you deal with conflict management and give me a recent example?

Describe to me your management style?

When was the last time you persuaded a group of people?

The interview took about 1 hour and was very pleasant. I asked for her contact details so I could write and say thank you.

HR called me 6 days later to give me my interview feedback. He told me that the manager thought I interviewed really well, showed in depth knowledge of the market and came across excellent on the phone. He then said that they would like to take my application to the next interview stage which would probably be with a partner however this won’t be until September (4 months after my original application) at the earliest, which is disappointing!!

I let HR know that I would be happy to go to the next stage of the selection process and would let them know if my circumstances changed.

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in September 2010.

The interview process started in the spring and suffered stagnation during the Swedish summer vacation lull... the picked up again after the summer. This resulted in an unusually long interview process. I would advise that efforts are made that guarantee a shorter period since many candidates may move on during such a long interview process...

Interview Questions

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!