Accenture Management Consulting Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

3.3

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online as an experienced Hire. This is for experienced hires. A Accenture recuiter reached out to me by email to set-up a day and time to discuss my resume and the job opportunity I applied for (30 mins). The day the recuiter called we discussed my resume at a high level using probing questions about my previous projects, roles, and responsibilities. Questions to see if I would be a good fit for the opportunity I applied for. Be ready to give examples and how they relate to the opportunity you applied for. If this interview goes well then the recuiter will discuss next steps with you. The second interview is a 1hr phone interview with a Senior Manager. This is a more indepth interview of your skill set. Drilled down into my resume and the previous projects I had managed. Questions around my responsibilities, how I managed my team, number of consultants I had managed on projects, lenght of projects, and results. Know how to bring your resume to life when discussing yourself using the STAR approach. This last for about 50mins then the last 10mins is your opportunity to ask your questions. Assuming you did well the person will let you know that they will be giving their results to the recuiter with the recommendation of moving you forward. This is a very intense interview. The third interview is a behavioral interview that last an 1hr and is conducted by trained HR personnel by phone. Everyone hired at Accenture has to go through this interview to be considered for hire. This interview is to see if you can fit into the Accenture culture. There are a lot of "tell me about a time when....." "How did you handle........". Again it lasted for about 50mins with 10mins left for you to ask the interviewer questions. I really didn't get a lot of feed back from this one, just the results will be given to your recuiter. Since you can't see the person's face it's hard to tell how you did. If you pass this one then yay for you! The fourth and final interview is with a EM in person. I had to fly out of state for mine. This interview is a little more laid back then the others. I was impressed that he had already read my resume and the feedback from the other interviews so he had precise questions he wanted me to discuss with him around my previous projects and management skills again using the STAR approach. A small case study nothing real big. Then the floor was open for me to ask my questions of him. I know this is said all the time, but be prepared with thought probing questions that would impress a EM!! The interview lasted a little over an hour and he let me know then that he would be contacting my recruiter to extend me an offer! Which was great to hear because this was on a Friday so I didn't have to wait all weekend long wondering how I did! Quick note: Accenture uses a 3rd party company to run your background check that operates overseas this can be a bit stenuous. I never had a background check take so long. However all is good!

Interview Questions

• What is your approach for giving results your client may not like hearing? How do you delivery sensitive information? What makes a good manager of a team?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Interview

Case interview approach - you are not expecting to get the right answer. Instead, looking to see your thought process and approach to tackling real client scenarios. Do not get hung up on getting the right answer and make sure to ask your interviewer clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• If you client was the city of Chicago, what would you tell them if they asked whether or not they should host the Olympics?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed for a senior manager role, but was brought in as a manager - this was disingenuos on their part, quite frankly, because I was placed in almost nothing but senior manager roles for my entire tenure with the company. On the up-side, I negotiated a salary that actually was a little better than what many senior managers were receiving. The overall process was very professional.

Negotiation

It wasn't a big deal. I was already self employed and making quite a bit of money, so I had a good position to negotiate from. I gave them my compensation requirements, and they accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

There is a lot of planning that is required for this interview process. Know the company. Be clear about your value with the company. And, prepare a lot for the situation interview (Situation, Action, Business Outcome). Keep the situations as short and concise as possible.

Interview Questions

• In the situation interview I was asked to give details about how I manage a Project; assigned resources, tracked progress etc... The interviewer was looking for a lot of specifics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

A series of four interviews with the HR, Hiring Manager, Interview with a Practice Manager, and Interview with a Project Manager. I did not have a face to face interview. However, the interviews were programmed to clear any doubts they have about the applicant's ability to perform on the job. It took 45 day from the first interview to a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your consulting and project management experience ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I was referred to Accenture by a current employee. My first interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. She asked me questions about my background and work experience, and we discussed what sort of role I was looking for, and what sort of compensation I was expecting. The recruiter then scheduled a skills interview and a behavioral interview, both over the phone. The skills interview was with a Senior Manager, who asked me specific questions about my experience doing the type of work I would be doing in the role I was applying for. This was the most challenging interview. Next was the behavioral interview, which was a joke. The interviewer wasn't a consultant, and she spent more time making small talk than actually asking the behavioral questions she was supposed to be asking. The sad thing is that her entire job function at Accenture consisted of conducting behavioral interviews. After those interviews I was asked to fly to New York for a final face-to-face interview with a couple partners. This was a breeze. They asked very few tough questions, and seemed to be more interested selling me on the job than finding out if I was really qualified. A few days later the recruiter called me and made a verbal offer. The process was very smooth, and I was impressed with how organized and efficient everything was. The only negative perception was the behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They desperately needed my skill set -- and I knew this -- so I set the expectation early that I wanted top dollar for the job. They low balled me a hair, but I was able to negotiate up to the number I wanted. Be careful when you get the verbal offer -- when I got the written offer, there were some conditions attached to the offer that were not articulated through the verbal offer. Make sure the recruiter gives you all the nitty-gritty terms and conditions before verbally accepting.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Communication is key. Should know how to be a team player and eager to learn. College degree give you an edge and for experienced hire need to have atleas 7 to 10 years for experience.

Interview Questions

• Tall me about the most challenging project you handeled and how did you manage to complete it in time ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the HR on phone. Soon after, I had a skills interview with a Senior Executive followed by a 1:1 interview with another Senior Executive. I thought the entire interview process was very professional and organized, even though it took me almost three months to complete it.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your past project management experiences, from its beginning to the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Through a former collegue of mine, I was able to land an interview with Accenture for a manager position. The initial interview consisted of a phone interview with one of the HR recruiters. This inital interview was primarily a review of my resume and whether or not I had the basic skills for the position. The recuriter was very nice and helpful and described the overall interview process to me in detail. Apparently, I did well. I was scheduled a week later for the skills interview with a Sr. Manager in the section where the position originated. This interview was also conducted via phone and was much more detailed. The purpose seems to focus on whether or not I had the experience for the role and if I would be a good fit for the position. The Sr. Manager was also extremely helpful and knowledible in the subject area. I came away with a positive feeling about the interview even though it was apparent that the role was not specifically suited for me. It's been a little over two weeks and I haven't heard whether a final decision has been made. Regardless, I enjoyed learning about the firm and I appreciate the opportunity to interview and to be considered.

Interview Questions

• How would you classify your experience in terms of the work our section of the firm conducts? Please explain and provide an example in your experiene that exemplifies this.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Brussels (Belgium)) in June 2014.

Interview

Resume screening by HR, then initial phone interview with HR, then interview with Senior Manager, then with Managing partner. The whole process took a month more or less. The process was fairly streamlined with little time in between interviews, There was also a personality test by phone. I got a good insights into the company's strategic direction and working atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Only general questions about experience and specific questions about project experiences.   Answer Question

I chose another company.