Accenture Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

Very rigid interview process, there are 5-6 interviews and final interview if face to face. Recruiter filters thru candidates then first and second level on the phone interviews. Then everything stops for couple of weeks. If they are interested then 3rd and 4th interviews. If they are not interested then no feedback is given.

Interview Questions
  • Asked to describe scenarios from past experience and walk interviewer thru it   Answer Question
I took what I was offered and no room for negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

Initial Phone interview with HR rep out of the practice area, Follow up with 2 additional phone interviews to determine skill set as well as behavioral interview questions. Flown in for 1 day to meet with 3 high level people. Offer was presented within a week of that face to face interview.

Able to negotiate salary

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

I was contacted by Accenture Recruiter about their interest in talking to me about a Sr Manager opportunity in their Management Consulting practice. Initial phone interview was rescheduled a few times. Good discussions with another sr manager which included a case discussion. During the phone interview itself the Sr manager felt that I was doing well and discussed next round options. In person discussions scheduled in Houston office. Met with a few sr managers and partners. Got a call later in the day that all gave very positive feedback. More personal details were requested for background check to extend an offer. I was then requested to get on the phone with another sr partner who suggested that I talk to another sr partner in an adjacent practice.

I work for a big corporation currently. I wanted to work for a nimbler organization and hence I was interested in Accenture's MC practice that is relatively smaller. While Accenture has smart people, it unfortunately behaves like a big corporation with lots of processes, slow decision making. It also felt like everyone at various levels in the organization wanted to have an input on every decision. This is generally indicative of other problems in the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when I envisioned, project managed and successfully executed a Project   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

I have worked at Accenture before but been gone for many years. I was referred by a current employee to a senior executive who was willing to discuss opportunities to come back. There was no specific opportunity in mind when we first met but we had a good interview and brainstormed a number of ideas in conjunction with discussing my background. The interview was very positive with some clear next steps identified but it took nearly a month for the next step to happen - a cursory screening interview with HR.

HR took another month to arrange a second interview within the hiring group and unfortunately, it was not the group that had been discussed in my first interview. It was however a group that my first interviewer was affiliated with so that was a positive as it indicated I had made a strong impression on my first interviewer. Still, the elapsed time of two months was a red flag.

The second interview was a case interview with someone at the same level that I was applying for (senior manager) and I think it went very well. I "cracked the case" within a few minutes and more importantly, I think I did a good job demonstrating my thought process. We discussed other topics for the balance of the interview including what the challenges might be in coming back to consulting.

Two weeks later I was informed by HR that the second (case) interview went well but the first interviewer had decided not to proceed with my candidacy because of a lack of industry depth. This might be legitimate but it's unclear why this became an issue so late into the process. HR has indicated they will look for a better fit for me within the company. It's unclear if this is the brush off or a legitimate desire to find a place for me with Accenture.

At this point, I'm more lukewarm on Accenture as a company simply because of the lack of transparency and decisiveness evidenced by the process. The people I met were top drawer, so I don't want to judge them too harshly based on one experience. I know there are external factors such as the economy and the impending year end for the company (end of this month) as well as the real possibility that there might be another opportunities for me with Accenture. Until some time has passed, I probably won't be able to finalize my opinion of the process as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asking me to imagine where I would best fit in.   View Answer
    • Questions asking me to relate my previous non-consulting work experience to the skills and experience that consultants require.   View Answer

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2008.

3 rounds of interview:

first round was a telephonic case study round

second round was a face to face general round

last round was a face to face with the lead partner

Interview Questions
    • case study on profitability improvement on an industry i had no exposure to   Answer Question
    no negotiation ; they had a fixed band for people of my profile and experience

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Accenture.

A series of 7 interviews, 5 with senior executives. The process is quite simple: be yourself and talk about what you know. Ask serious questions about how you view your potential contribution to the firm, and how the firm will help you grow.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview Q&A (tell a bit about yourself, how did come across Accenture, what will be your major impact, what would you do if a client has such problem...) Most difficult question: what are your salary expectations? Tricky...always.   View Answer

Competing offers.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!