Accenture Manager Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 3, 2014

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Accenture.

Hired a long time ago 14 years, remember it being very structured with multiple tiers of interviews with various levels of the company. Required on your feet thinking and communication, values problem solving and listening skills.

Interview Questions
  • Asked a number of hypothetical questions some of which were very abstract. Don't remember all the details.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Recruiter phone screen.
    Skills phone interview.
    In person interview with Partner and Senior Manager.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time there was a misunderstanding in expectations with a client and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

First initial interview (phone) was with the recruiter who assessed if my skills and experiences fit the consulting manager position that they're looking for. The 2nd interview (phone) was with a senior manager who conducted the Situational Interview. It was challenging but very positive. The interviewer was very professional. The next day I heard the feedback from my recruiter. The 3rd interview (phone) was with another senior manager to assess my skills and knowledge. This was a fun interview for me as I was able to relate a lot of my experiences with the interviewer. We had a very good conversation and went overtime. They gave me the feedback the next morning that I'm moving on to the final interview. Final interview was a face-to-face meeting with a partner from the Chicago office. It was the best interview I've ever done. Very honest and it ended up more like a discussion than a Q&A session. I had the interview in the morning, and in the afternoon, I got a call from the recruiter saying that they would like to offer me the position. In all, a very positive experience. It moved very fast and was very organized.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project situation with an extremely tight deadline. and what you did to make sure that the project was delivered on time?   View Answer
    • What is the most challenging situation you ever come up with in a project? How did you solve it?   View Answer
    Consider that as an experienced hire, you are generally making more money than the people (at your level) who started their career in Accenture. So, leave a little bit of flexibility for negotiation. If you ask too much, generally, they will decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

Very normal interview process. posted resume, got call from HR . Discussed high level requirements, placement options, locations etc. interview fixed for a month later. Three levels in chicago. first with a tech person who was familier with job requirements, there were some questions about past experience, skills etc.. nothing exhaustive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in March 2008.

First, I had phone interview with the recruiter. She asked about my prior experience which was stated on my resume and prior salary. Then I attended face to face interview with 3 people separately. First person interviewed about behavioral questions, second person questioned on consulting skills, third person was partner who did the fit interview and gauge at what level he should take me.

Interview Questions
    • Did you come across a under performing employee? If so, How did you deal with him/her?   Answer Question
    Once they offered the job they mentioned salary. I asked for 5k more. Recruiter came back and said they can not increase the salary. They are kind of take or leave mentality.