Accenture

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Hired a long time ago 14 years, remember it being very structured with multiple tiers of interviews with various levels of the company. Required on your feet thinking and communication, values problem solving and listening skills.

Interview Question – Asked a number of hypothetical questions some of which were very abstract. Don't remember all the details.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very normal interview process. posted resume, got call from HR . Discussed high level requirements, placement options, locations etc. interview fixed for a month later. Three levels in chicago. first with a tech person who was familier with job requirements, there were some questions about past experience, skills etc.. nothing exhaustive.

Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter phone screen.
Skills phone interview.
In person interview with Partner and Senior Manager.

Interview Question – When was a time there was a misunderstanding in expectations with a client and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

Interview Details – First initial interview (phone) was with the recruiter who assessed if my skills and experiences fit the consulting manager position that they're looking for. The 2nd interview (phone) was with a senior manager who conducted the Situational Interview. It was challenging but very positive. The interviewer was very professional. The next day I heard the feedback from my recruiter. The 3rd interview (phone) was with another senior manager to assess my skills and knowledge. This was a fun interview for me as I was able to relate a lot of my experiences with the interviewer. We had a very good conversation and went overtime. They gave me the feedback the next morning that I'm moving on to the final interview. Final interview was a face-to-face meeting with a partner from the Chicago office. It was the best interview I've ever done. Very honest and it ended up more like a discussion than a Q&A session. I had the interview in the morning, and in the afternoon, I got a call from the recruiter saying that they would like to offer me the position. In all, a very positive experience. It moved very fast and was very organized.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project situation with an extremely tight deadline. and what you did to make sure that the project was delivered on time?   View Answer
  • What is the most challenging situation you ever come up with in a project? How did you solve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Consider that as an experienced hire, you are generally making more money than the people (at your level) who started their career in Accenture. So, leave a little bit of flexibility for negotiation. If you ask too much, generally, they will decline.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in March 2008.

Interview Details – First, I had phone interview with the recruiter. She asked about my prior experience which was stated on my resume and prior salary. Then I attended face to face interview with 3 people separately. First person interviewed about behavioral questions, second person questioned on consulting skills, third person was partner who did the fit interview and gauge at what level he should take me.

Interview Question – Did you come across a under performing employee? If so, How did you deal with him/her?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once they offered the job they mentioned salary. I asked for 5k more. Recruiter came back and said they can not increase the salary. They are kind of take or leave mentality.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 289,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture Manager interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.