Accenture

Updated Oct 22, 2014

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Accenture.

Hired a long time ago 14 years, remember it being very structured with multiple tiers of interviews with various levels of the company. Required on your feet thinking and communication, values problem solving and listening skills.

Interview Questions
  • Asked a number of hypothetical questions some of which were very abstract. Don't remember all the details.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Manager Interview

Phone interview with HR rep. Went into job position and responsibilities. Outlined what it takes to be successful in the role. Outlined what would be the next steps in the interview process.

Manager Interview

Behavioural interview is toughest, bouncer questions asked.

Interview Questions

Not a great company to work with.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I had a total of 5 interviews that included a phone screen, two skills, one case study and final with a partner. Everyone was very professional and courteous. The process took about 6 weeks which was a bit longer due to the holiday break, so I had to be patient.

Do your homework and be reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Resume was submitted by a former Accenture employee and the entire interview process took 6 rounds from the initial phone screen. Met with two Senior Manager and a Manager for the third round. Once complete, I met with the Managing Director responsible for hiring me into unit and met with the Managing Director in charge of the industry I would be working in. Process was fairly lengthy and it took roughly 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Had a business case on creating a strategy for a specific industry.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation, I told the Managing Director what I was looking for and they offered that amount. Offer was comparable to two other firms I was interviewing with as well.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Straight forward 3 step process. Screening, skills assessment, closing interview with senior management.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any, the point is to establish whether you can get the job done and whether you'll fit into our executive culture.   Answer Question
    I provided a range, they came back with a number, I came back with a counter and that was it.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I spoke with at least six people during the interview process. It was a bit grueling, to be honest, as all phone interviews were very no-nonsense. When you are interviewing for a manager-level position (or above, I'm guessing), the team assumes that you have the tactical skills to succeed in the position. It's really more a question of personality and whether you will fit in with the Accenture culture. You will be expected to work without too much supervision and to remain motivated without your boss having to constantly check in on you. I interviewed for a role within the marketing communications group. Not too many questions on my background, but more "what would you do in this scenario" questions. Definitely know the business before you go in - I was asked some fairly specific questions.

The HR rep was good about getting back to me quickly with feedback or next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see marcom opportunities within Accenture?
      Why are you interested in working for Accenture?
        Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as the initial offer was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

HR interview - Behavior interview - final in person interview

very straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Was told it was a seven step process. I made it only to #4. Questions were initially very specific to my Resume. Was asked to explain in detail each period of employment in the list. Later on it got to how I handled pressure, adversity etc. Was asked to rate myself on a scale of novice to expert on several things not listed in the job requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining to the HR guys aspects of my previous jobs that these had no clue about. They pretended to understand.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Accenture outsources their recruiting, and overall not a very good experience. Should consider using internal resources for managers and above positions. Interview process usually involves several phone interviews and an in-person

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult, ensuring your ready for the lifestyle of consulting   Answer Question
    several weeks, mostly focused on the position level, they don't consider industry experience as much as consulting experience. Be careful, if you feel like you should be brought in above manager, stick to your believe.