Accenture

Average Difficulty
69 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Hired a long time ago 14 years, remember it being very structured with multiple tiers of interviews with various levels of the company. Required on your feet thinking and communication, values problem solving and listening skills.

Interview Question – Asked a number of hypothetical questions some of which were very abstract. Don't remember all the details.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep. Went into job position and responsibilities. Outlined what it takes to be successful in the role. Outlined what would be the next steps in the interview process.

Interview Question – Discussion of pay structure.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Behavioural interview is toughest, bouncer questions asked.

Interview Question – How would you handle a tough boss?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not a great company to work with.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round interview with HR, 2nd round skills interview, 3rd round situational interview. It was a pretty standard process, and they are desperate for people because turnover is so high. Ask careful questions about the number of hours you can expect to work per week, and the type of work you will be doing.

Interview Question – I can't think of any. The interviews were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Don't take the signing bonus. It traps you at the company.

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

Interview Details – Referred in by contact of a former boss. He said he couldn't hire me in his area yet referred me to people who could. One contacted me. I was flown to Dallas Texas for 4 interviews that were with Senior Executives and Senior Managers. 2 Phone interviews + closing lunch.

Interview Question – They want to mine your mind for previous experience. They will ask you trick questions on ethics.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Say no the first time. Don't beleive in salary bands. I got the top level of the next job level up. Read the book 'Secrets of Six Figure women' and Babcoks other book.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was told it was a seven step process. I made it only to #4. Questions were initially very specific to my Resume. Was asked to explain in detail each period of employment in the list. Later on it got to how I handled pressure, adversity etc. Was asked to rate myself on a scale of novice to expert on several things not listed in the job requirements.

Interview Question – Explaining to the HR guys aspects of my previous jobs that these had no clue about. They pretended to understand.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews, including a brainstorming session, and lunch with the 12-person team.

Interview Question – I was asked to present a new idea in a technical area during the in-person interview. Last minute, they cancelled the presentation, and pulled me into a brainstorming session on a different technical area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relocation is not on the table, but cash bonus is.

Very Difficult Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I had a total of 5 interviews that included a phone screen, two skills, one case study and final with a partner. Everyone was very professional and courteous. The process took about 6 weeks which was a bit longer due to the holiday break, so I had to be patient.

Negotiation Details – Do your homework and be reasonable.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Resume was submitted by a former Accenture employee and the entire interview process took 6 rounds from the initial phone screen. Met with two Senior Manager and a Manager for the third round. Once complete, I met with the Managing Director responsible for hiring me into unit and met with the Managing Director in charge of the industry I would be working in. Process was fairly lengthy and it took roughly 2 months.

Interview Question – Had a business case on creating a strategy for a specific industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation, I told the Managing Director what I was looking for and they offered that amount. Offer was comparable to two other firms I was interviewing with as well.

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Straight forward 3 step process. Screening, skills assessment, closing interview with senior management.

Interview Question – There really weren't any, the point is to establish whether you can get the job done and whether you'll fit into our executive culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I provided a range, they came back with a number, I came back with a counter and that was it.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!