Accenture

Average Difficulty
69 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I spoke with at least six people during the interview process. It was a bit grueling, to be honest, as all phone interviews were very no-nonsense. When you are interviewing for a manager-level position (or above, I'm guessing), the team assumes that you have the tactical skills to succeed in the position. It's really more a question of personality and whether you will fit in with the Accenture culture. You will be expected to work without too much supervision and to remain motivated without your boss having to constantly check in on you. I interviewed for a role within the marketing communications group. Not too many questions on my background, but more "what would you do in this scenario" questions. Definitely know the business before you go in - I was asked some fairly specific questions.

The HR rep was good about getting back to me quickly with feedback or next steps.

Interview Question – Where do you see marcom opportunities within Accenture?
Why are you interested in working for Accenture?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as the initial offer was good.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – HR interview - Behavior interview - final in person interview

Negotiation Details – very straight forward

San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Interview Details – 1. Screening call with HR. Brief goes through resume
2. Behavorial call - prepare examples of difficult project experience and how you handled and good experience
3. Technical call - if you are interviewing for technical practice. No 2 calls alike. Mine was easy, but I have had friends with more technical depth and experience not pass. Depends on the nationality of the interviewer.
4. Face to face in office with written case. Face to face is easy, just formality that you don't have 2 heads. If you made it this far and can write reasonably well, you will be hired. Dress professionally and have a good hand shake.

Interview Question – For me it was the behavorial, but I had researched prior and had close answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation here. The base salary is lower than what it should be and they don't negotiate. My advice is to negotiate on the level you join on instead. They will try to convince people with over 20 years of experience to come in at Consultant level and move up in a year after they understand the company better. Don't fall for that and negotiate to come in at Manager level. It will take 3 years to be promoted to Manager if ever, as you must be rated in top 5% against your peers.

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Accenture outsources their recruiting, and overall not a very good experience. Should consider using internal resources for managers and above positions. Interview process usually involves several phone interviews and an in-person

Interview Question – Most Difficult, ensuring your ready for the lifestyle of consulting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – several weeks, mostly focused on the position level, they don't consider industry experience as much as consulting experience. Be careful, if you feel like you should be brought in above manager, stick to your believe.

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by three separate Partners in the company. By the time the third interview occured I was interviewed by all 3 interviewers together and the process seemed much less formal than the first two. It seemed by the last interview they had made a decision to hire me and the third session was more conversational and much friendlier, than the 2 previous sessions had been.

Interview Question – I was asked questions about current program policy in Medicaid and Food Stamps for example, and I did not know the answers. I said I am not sure about this answer, but I do know, XYZ, so I attempted to provide information pertinent to the question, without actually answering the specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accenture is extremely good at knowing exactly what they should be paying, so you need to understand they will start with your current salary, that is the place you begin. If you want a sizable increase, you should be prepared not to get it, you need to be prepared to walk away if you are not happy with the compensation because they are unlikely to pay more.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very normal interview process. posted resume, got call from HR . Discussed high level requirements, placement options, locations etc. interview fixed for a month later. Three levels in chicago. first with a tech person who was familier with job requirements, there were some questions about past experience, skills etc.. nothing exhaustive.

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Applied online a few years ago. Got a call from recruiter who discussed my background. He was very prompt and setup a followup tech PM interview within a week. This was followed by a behavior interview and then a final face to face interview. The tech interview was not deep technically, went into more of the PM skills. Behavior interview was very interesting. The final interview was a breeze. The overall process was smooth - the recruiter followed up as soon as I sent a note after an interview.

One thing I did not quite understand was the various consulting groups - Management, Systems Integration and Technology Consulting. Was hired into MC first and later on moved to the SI group. It is good to understand the exact group you will be joining and your functions. Overall the interview process though was smooth and very professional and even the move internally later on was accepted once I initiated it after an year or so.

One of the things they are very upfront is the amount of travel involved in consulting.

Interview Question – Behavior interview - how did you resolve a conflict in your team (explain your real life approach)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had decent knowledge of the levels (consultant, manager etc) in the company due to talking to some people who worked there - the recruiter negotiated well but gave me what I asked for because they needed my skills and experience.

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – phone interview by recruiter

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Accenture targets people they can manipulate. Such as former military personnel, people from disadvantaged backgrounds and low functionaing families, people with addictions and superficial values. They prey on young people for the churn and burn culture and unlike other management consulting companies their alumni are challenged.

Interview Question – There aren't any. It is a superficial process and they are covertly assessing you. The questions themselves are from any book.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Transparent. I negotiated a Senior Manager pay in a Manager title.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2010.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interview. HR promised something but I never got it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Accenture   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was promised promotion in 6 months and everyone gave different reason after I joined.