Accenture Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Resume was submitted by a former Accenture employee and the entire interview process took 6 rounds from the initial phone screen. Met with two Senior Manager and a Manager for the third round. Once complete, I met with the Managing Director responsible for hiring me into unit and met with the Managing Director in charge of the industry I would be working in. Process was fairly lengthy and it took roughly 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Had a business case on creating a strategy for a specific industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation, I told the Managing Director what I was looking for and they offered that amount. Offer was comparable to two other firms I was interviewing with as well.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Straight forward 3 step process. Screening, skills assessment, closing interview with senior management.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any, the point is to establish whether you can get the job done and whether you'll fit into our executive culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I provided a range, they came back with a number, I came back with a counter and that was it.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I spoke with at least six people during the interview process. It was a bit grueling, to be honest, as all phone interviews were very no-nonsense. When you are interviewing for a manager-level position (or above, I'm guessing), the team assumes that you have the tactical skills to succeed in the position. It's really more a question of personality and whether you will fit in with the Accenture culture. You will be expected to work without too much supervision and to remain motivated without your boss having to constantly check in on you. I interviewed for a role within the marketing communications group. Not too many questions on my background, but more "what would you do in this scenario" questions. Definitely know the business before you go in - I was asked some fairly specific questions.

The HR rep was good about getting back to me quickly with feedback or next steps.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see marcom opportunities within Accenture?
      Why are you interested in working for Accenture?

Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the initial offer was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA).

Interview

HR interview - Behavior interview - final in person interview

Negotiation

very straight forward

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Was told it was a seven step process. I made it only to #4. Questions were initially very specific to my Resume. Was asked to explain in detail each period of employment in the list. Later on it got to how I handled pressure, adversity etc. Was asked to rate myself on a scale of novice to expert on several things not listed in the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• Explaining to the HR guys aspects of my previous jobs that these had no clue about. They pretended to understand.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Accenture outsources their recruiting, and overall not a very good experience. Should consider using internal resources for managers and above positions. Interview process usually involves several phone interviews and an in-person

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult, ensuring your ready for the lifestyle of consulting   Answer Question

Negotiation

several weeks, mostly focused on the position level, they don't consider industry experience as much as consulting experience. Be careful, if you feel like you should be brought in above manager, stick to your believe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was interviewed by three separate Partners in the company. By the time the third interview occured I was interviewed by all 3 interviewers together and the process seemed much less formal than the first two. It seemed by the last interview they had made a decision to hire me and the third session was more conversational and much friendlier, than the 2 previous sessions had been.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about current program policy in Medicaid and Food Stamps for example, and I did not know the answers. I said I am not sure about this answer, but I do know, XYZ, so I attempted to provide information pertinent to the question, without actually answering the specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accenture is extremely good at knowing exactly what they should be paying, so you need to understand they will start with your current salary, that is the place you begin. If you want a sizable increase, you should be prepared not to get it, you need to be prepared to walk away if you are not happy with the compensation because they are unlikely to pay more.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied online a few years ago. Got a call from recruiter who discussed my background. He was very prompt and setup a followup tech PM interview within a week. This was followed by a behavior interview and then a final face to face interview. The tech interview was not deep technically, went into more of the PM skills. Behavior interview was very interesting. The final interview was a breeze. The overall process was smooth - the recruiter followed up as soon as I sent a note after an interview.

One thing I did not quite understand was the various consulting groups - Management, Systems Integration and Technology Consulting. Was hired into MC first and later on moved to the SI group. It is good to understand the exact group you will be joining and your functions. Overall the interview process though was smooth and very professional and even the move internally later on was accepted once I initiated it after an year or so.

One of the things they are very upfront is the amount of travel involved in consulting.

Interview Questions

• Behavior interview - how did you resolve a conflict in your team (explain your real life approach)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had decent knowledge of the levels (consultant, manager etc) in the company due to talking to some people who worked there - the recruiter negotiated well but gave me what I asked for because they needed my skills and experience.

Manager Interview

Interview

phone interview by recruiter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Accenture targets people they can manipulate. Such as former military personnel, people from disadvantaged backgrounds and low functionaing families, people with addictions and superficial values. They prey on young people for the churn and burn culture and unlike other management consulting companies their alumni are challenged.

Interview Questions

• There aren't any. It is a superficial process and they are covertly assessing you. The questions themselves are from any book.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Transparent. I negotiated a Senior Manager pay in a Manager title.