Accenture Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA).

Interview

HR interview - Behavior interview - final in person interview

Negotiation

very straight forward

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Was told it was a seven step process. I made it only to #4. Questions were initially very specific to my Resume. Was asked to explain in detail each period of employment in the list. Later on it got to how I handled pressure, adversity etc. Was asked to rate myself on a scale of novice to expert on several things not listed in the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• Explaining to the HR guys aspects of my previous jobs that these had no clue about. They pretended to understand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was interviewed by three separate Partners in the company. By the time the third interview occured I was interviewed by all 3 interviewers together and the process seemed much less formal than the first two. It seemed by the last interview they had made a decision to hire me and the third session was more conversational and much friendlier, than the 2 previous sessions had been.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about current program policy in Medicaid and Food Stamps for example, and I did not know the answers. I said I am not sure about this answer, but I do know, XYZ, so I attempted to provide information pertinent to the question, without actually answering the specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accenture is extremely good at knowing exactly what they should be paying, so you need to understand they will start with your current salary, that is the place you begin. If you want a sizable increase, you should be prepared not to get it, you need to be prepared to walk away if you are not happy with the compensation because they are unlikely to pay more.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Accenture outsources their recruiting, and overall not a very good experience. Should consider using internal resources for managers and above positions. Interview process usually involves several phone interviews and an in-person

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult, ensuring your ready for the lifestyle of consulting   Answer Question

Negotiation

several weeks, mostly focused on the position level, they don't consider industry experience as much as consulting experience. Be careful, if you feel like you should be brought in above manager, stick to your believe.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied online a few years ago. Got a call from recruiter who discussed my background. He was very prompt and setup a followup tech PM interview within a week. This was followed by a behavior interview and then a final face to face interview. The tech interview was not deep technically, went into more of the PM skills. Behavior interview was very interesting. The final interview was a breeze. The overall process was smooth - the recruiter followed up as soon as I sent a note after an interview.

One thing I did not quite understand was the various consulting groups - Management, Systems Integration and Technology Consulting. Was hired into MC first and later on moved to the SI group. It is good to understand the exact group you will be joining and your functions. Overall the interview process though was smooth and very professional and even the move internally later on was accepted once I initiated it after an year or so.

One of the things they are very upfront is the amount of travel involved in consulting.

Interview Questions

• Behavior interview - how did you resolve a conflict in your team (explain your real life approach)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had decent knowledge of the levels (consultant, manager etc) in the company due to talking to some people who worked there - the recruiter negotiated well but gave me what I asked for because they needed my skills and experience.

Manager Interview

Interview

phone interview by recruiter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Accenture targets people they can manipulate. Such as former military personnel, people from disadvantaged backgrounds and low functionaing families, people with addictions and superficial values. They prey on young people for the churn and burn culture and unlike other management consulting companies their alumni are challenged.

Interview Questions

• There aren't any. It is a superficial process and they are covertly assessing you. The questions themselves are from any book.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Transparent. I negotiated a Senior Manager pay in a Manager title.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

1st round interview with HR, 2nd round skills interview, 3rd round situational interview. It was a pretty standard process, and they are desperate for people because turnover is so high. Ask careful questions about the number of hours you can expect to work per week, and the type of work you will be doing.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of any. The interviews were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Don't take the signing bonus. It traps you at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, including a brainstorming session, and lunch with the 12-person team.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to present a new idea in a technical area during the in-person interview. Last minute, they cancelled the presentation, and pulled me into a brainstorming session on a different technical area.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Relocation is not on the table, but cash bonus is.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen.
    Skills phone interview.
    In person interview with Partner and Senior Manager.

Interview Questions

• When was a time there was a misunderstanding in expectations with a client and how did you handle it?   1 Answer