Accenture

Updated Oct 22, 2014

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture.

Was interviewed by three separate Partners in the company. By the time the third interview occured I was interviewed by all 3 interviewers together and the process seemed much less formal than the first two. It seemed by the last interview they had made a decision to hire me and the third session was more conversational and much friendlier, than the 2 previous sessions had been.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked questions about current program policy in Medicaid and Food Stamps for example, and I did not know the answers. I said I am not sure about this answer, but I do know, XYZ, so I attempted to provide information pertinent to the question, without actually answering the specific questions.   Answer Question
Accenture is extremely good at knowing exactly what they should be paying, so you need to understand they will start with your current salary, that is the place you begin. If you want a sizable increase, you should be prepared not to get it, you need to be prepared to walk away if you are not happy with the compensation because they are unlikely to pay more.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Applied online a few years ago. Got a call from recruiter who discussed my background. He was very prompt and setup a followup tech PM interview within a week. This was followed by a behavior interview and then a final face to face interview. The tech interview was not deep technically, went into more of the PM skills. Behavior interview was very interesting. The final interview was a breeze. The overall process was smooth - the recruiter followed up as soon as I sent a note after an interview.

One thing I did not quite understand was the various consulting groups - Management, Systems Integration and Technology Consulting. Was hired into MC first and later on moved to the SI group. It is good to understand the exact group you will be joining and your functions. Overall the interview process though was smooth and very professional and even the move internally later on was accepted once I initiated it after an year or so.

One of the things they are very upfront is the amount of travel involved in consulting.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior interview - how did you resolve a conflict in your team (explain your real life approach)?   View Answer
    I had decent knowledge of the levels (consultant, manager etc) in the company due to talking to some people who worked there - the recruiter negotiated well but gave me what I asked for because they needed my skills and experience.

phone interview by recruiter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture.

Accenture targets people they can manipulate. Such as former military personnel, people from disadvantaged backgrounds and low functionaing families, people with addictions and superficial values. They prey on young people for the churn and burn culture and unlike other management consulting companies their alumni are challenged.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't any. It is a superficial process and they are covertly assessing you. The questions themselves are from any book.   Answer Question
    Transparent. I negotiated a Senior Manager pay in a Manager title.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

1st round interview with HR, 2nd round skills interview, 3rd round situational interview. It was a pretty standard process, and they are desperate for people because turnover is so high. Ask careful questions about the number of hours you can expect to work per week, and the type of work you will be doing.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of any. The interviews were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    None. Don't take the signing bonus. It traps you at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

Several rounds of interviews, including a brainstorming session, and lunch with the 12-person team.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to present a new idea in a technical area during the in-person interview. Last minute, they cancelled the presentation, and pulled me into a brainstorming session on a different technical area.   Answer Question
    Relocation is not on the table, but cash bonus is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Recruiter phone screen.
    Skills phone interview.
    In person interview with Partner and Senior Manager.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time there was a misunderstanding in expectations with a client and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

This was conducted via an agent. Everything was very professional. I was always kept in the loop regarding progress. The interviewers were very helpfule in helping me understand the job and the Accenture culture.
    I did find that there was some initial confusion around the role that the company was trying to fill, but this was clarified for me.

Interview Questions
    • How would I fit into the Accenture culture?   View Answer
    Not long and drawn out. They were clear in the offer and I was happy with it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

First initial interview (phone) was with the recruiter who assessed if my skills and experiences fit the consulting manager position that they're looking for. The 2nd interview (phone) was with a senior manager who conducted the Situational Interview. It was challenging but very positive. The interviewer was very professional. The next day I heard the feedback from my recruiter. The 3rd interview (phone) was with another senior manager to assess my skills and knowledge. This was a fun interview for me as I was able to relate a lot of my experiences with the interviewer. We had a very good conversation and went overtime. They gave me the feedback the next morning that I'm moving on to the final interview. Final interview was a face-to-face meeting with a partner from the Chicago office. It was the best interview I've ever done. Very honest and it ended up more like a discussion than a Q&A session. I had the interview in the morning, and in the afternoon, I got a call from the recruiter saying that they would like to offer me the position. In all, a very positive experience. It moved very fast and was very organized.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project situation with an extremely tight deadline. and what you did to make sure that the project was delivered on time?   View Answer
    • What is the most challenging situation you ever come up with in a project? How did you solve it?   View Answer
    Consider that as an experienced hire, you are generally making more money than the people (at your level) who started their career in Accenture. So, leave a little bit of flexibility for negotiation. If you ask too much, generally, they will decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2010.

4 rounds of interview. HR promised something but I never got it.

Interview Questions
    I was promised promotion in 6 months and everyone gave different reason after I joined.