Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two managers. These are behavioral interviews -- basically, asking questions about conflict, leadership, etc. Think about a few good stories you have and then relay them. Also, be prepared to ask lots of questions because there is a lot of time at the end. One interview seemed to like to talk about himself, but the other not so much. Basically, engage your interviewers.

I think if you get up to this point, you have a very high chance of getting hired.

Interview Question – When did you have a conflict.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate.

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1) Spent hours and hours looking for New York Recruiters for Accenture online.
2) Found old job requisition (New York - Metro: did not realize it was outdated at the time).
3) Was finally contacted by New York Recruiter for an interview for an entry level role.
4) Had phone screening interview.
5) Skipped 2nd round interview (had one prior before).
6) 2 on-site interviews (heavily conversational - be prepared to really sell yourself or you WILL fail).
7) Waited for final answer.
8) Went through 2 more additional interviews due to the higher selective process for the specific group I was being interviewed for. First interview was a phone call. Second interview was a video conference (WEAR A SUIT EVEN FOR VIDEO INTERVIEWS). These interviews tested my technical aptitude and to see how strong my technical skills were which include software development, SDLC, software architecture and etc.
9) Got offer.
10) Currently preparing documents and planning to accept.

Interview Question – I worked on a financial securities trading algorithm. Was asked to go deeper into the architecture of the system.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. The offer was very competitive.

Finance and Risk Consultant Interview

Finance and Risk Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process has 4 rounds:
1) Screening (Phone - 30 mins)
2) Skills (Phone - 45mins to 1 hr)
3) Performance / Behavioral Situational (Phone - 45mins to 1 hr)
3) Confirming (In person - 2 hrs to 2hrs : 30 mins)

Screening - This is with HR - The purpose is to evaluate your experience and ensure you have the required background. The key here is to be patient and persuasive - Never say no unless you clearly don't have the background. Alway try to find a varient of the experience if you don't have the exact thing being asked.

Skills - This is with a Senior Manager from Consulting practice - I prepared the most for this round as I considered it to be the make or break round which for the most part it is. The senior manager was phenomenally impressive. Within the first 5mins they exactly knew what my background is. It seemed like they had some pre-prepared questions but after I gave them an overview of what I do they just asked me follow up questions. The interview was technical in nature but there was no case study. Example of questions (paraphrased):
- Can you talk about your role in the RCSA process?
- What is the role that you play in the CP risk evaluation?
- How do you measure, monitor, report on KPI?
Keep in mind the above questions where from my experience so the take away is focus on your finance/risk related experience as the field is really broad. The three main industries are Capital markets, banking and insurance - Based on your experience the person interviewing you will be familiar with that industry and the focus will be diving deeper in your role, how you improved processes to bring about better risk management, time savings, cost reduction extra.

Behavioral - This was with HR and was extremely thorough. I have done tons of interviews but this by far was very extensive. The HR person was very seasoned with more than 10 yrs of experience in recruiting and 10 yrs in industry doing various things. She started by giving a description what we will do and what the ground rules are. It was very similar to behavioral questions you can google but somewhat focused. I was asked 3 main questions in 50 mins so the expectation is to be extensive in your responses and there was quite a few followups on each main question. I found 30 questions online the night before and just typed out bullet format answers. This exercise helped me brainstorm solid stories from my experience and I was able to use the notes very conveniently as it was a phone interview. Example of questions (paraphrased):
1) Talk about a time that there was a major slippage in events at work, what exactly happened and what did i do to handle the situation?
2) Talk about a recent controversial event / idea at work, why was it controversial, what was your role in it and how did you gain acceptance?
3) Talk about a time you brought about efficiency in a process
Don't be afraid to ask for a few seconds to compile your thoughts before you jump into the answer.

Confirming round - This was a 1:1 with a senior manager and 1:1 with a partner
1:1 with senior manager - Very similar to the skills interview but in-person so you can't leverage your notes as well. Again nothing very surprising - no case interview just getting to know me and my experience
1:1 with partner - This interview by far was a very difficult one. The partner in my case was a very technical person and was really focused on ensuring I can do the job and do it well. He also threw in a mini-case interview to evaluate my thought process. Mini-case question-
There is an insurance company that is our client. They produce a report periodically. They have hired you to evaluate the report and complaints about it. Depending on whom you talk to in the company the report either has too much detail or too little detail - mostly is produced after the prime time that it is needed at. How would you approach planning a fix.
My suggestion is to not worry about case study too much but just be prepared to approach questions such as this. Other candidates weren't asked case study questions at all but you never know who interviews you.
They told 2 days later they would like to offer me the job

Interview Question – If two years later you will come to my office and tell you it was a mistake taking this job what will be the reason (this was asked by the partner)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for additional 5K and they accepted. The HR person presented the offer as if there was not room for negotiation so be vary of that. My suggestion would be after listening to the offer ask for time to think and get back. That way you can talk to your mentors and think in a pressure free environment. Also realize the HR person doesn't have much of a say - the partner will be making the decision so HR is a for the most part just a messenger and are trained to keep you away from negotiating it seemed like to me. I kind of got rushed into asking for 5K more in the initial conversation. However, the offer was generous and a +5K additional was something i am pretty happy with. I would also suggest to be humble and presenting a reasonable counter bid. Do you research on what is the range for the number of years of experience you have and the location you will be in?

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Interview Details – There is no relevant question for the job you will be doing

Interview Question – Everything was insane   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Horrible

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview Details – Usually starts with a screening call. Prepare to give relevant examples of your work / experience (even if you are straight out of college). They are looking for articulate, enthusiastic, smart, and leaders. Once you move forward, they will usually bring you to an office for a number of face-to-face interviews where they will assess you from a behavior and skills perspective. Practice giving relevant examples when answering the interviewers questions and you should do well. Overall they are very friendly and are genuine in learning more about you and how you will fit and be successful there.

Interview Question – Depending on the level you are being considered they will try to assess your technical competency. It is usually conducted by someone in that field so make sure you can give relevancy and competency.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very organized and went pretty smoothly. I went through on campus recruiting and the first interview was more of a screening than a real interview. I was basically told what to highlight for the second interview. The second interview and the third round of two interview were all pretty similar. I got asked most of the questions I saw on Glassdoor so be prepared. Also the only reason the process took about two months for me was due to scheduling conflicts on my part.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to make a decision without knowing all the facts. What did you do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided that Accenture just wasn't the right company for me

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in July 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted via a college recruiter. 1/2 day of interviews with a few different engineers and consultants. A mix of technically challenging and personal questions. In general a good look at the opportunity. All of my questions were answered and I left the interview with a good understanding of the opportunity and its responsibilities.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe how I would handle a consulting engagement that was set up to solve a specific technical problem.   Answer Question

Entry Level Technology Consultant Analyst Interview

Entry Level Technology Consultant Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and I had 3 round interviews
- 1st initial phone screening- mostly resume based questions
-2nd situational interview over the phone
-3rd in-house iterview (2 separate interview with managers)

It was a great interview experience and all interviewers were super nice.
Have not heard back since the last interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

Interview Details – Handed in resume at university recruiting event and was contacted for an on-campus job interview a few days later. Had an interview the next day. The two interviewers were professional and guided me through two business case questions. Received rejection 2 days later. A pleasurable experience (minus the rejection).

Interview Question – Had to work on a business case with almost no time to think about my answer.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied to on campus recruiting at my university and got a first round on campus. The first round is just a basic fit interview. Questions will be different depending on the interviewer but include:
Tell me about yourself, Why Accenture?, What does Accenture do?, What do you think Systems Integration Analysts do?, Is there anything else you would like to bring up that we haven't discussed?

Received a phone call and email about passing the first round within a few business days. The second interview was on site, one hour with a manager. It was behavioral and also conversational and included questions such as:
Tell me about... yourself, what you consider to be your major accomplishment, a time you had a conflict with someone you worked with, a time you had to solve an open-ended question with little details given, and a time when were given too much information.

Again, received a phone call and an email about the third round within a few business days. There were about 15-16 people that day interviewing, about 8 each in the morning and afternoon sessions. The third round was also on site and included a 1 hr presentation by current analysts (benefits, etc) + lunch, and 2 interviews (1 with a manager, 1 with an executive level person). The interviews were both fit questions and behavioral questions such as:
Why Accenture?, tell me about a time you lead a team to success, how do you think your experiences fit into the role of a systems integration analyst?

Interview took place in New York City Office but offer was in Washington DC.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question: What was your favorite class outside of the core classes you took?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The offer was on the higher end.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!