Accenture

3.1

98 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

1) Spent hours and hours looking for New York Recruiters for Accenture online.
    2) Found old job requisition (New York - Metro: did not realize it was outdated at the time).
    3) Was finally contacted by New York Recruiter for an interview for an entry level role.
    4) Had phone screening interview.
    5) Skipped 2nd round interview (had one prior before).
    6) 2 on-site interviews (heavily conversational - be prepared to really sell yourself or you WILL fail).
    7) Waited for final answer.
    8) Went through 2 more additional interviews due to the higher selective process for the specific group I was being interviewed for. First interview was a phone call. Second interview was a video conference (WEAR A SUIT EVEN FOR VIDEO INTERVIEWS). These interviews tested my technical aptitude and to see how strong my technical skills were which include software development, SDLC, software architecture and etc.
    9) Got offer.
    10) Currently preparing documents and planning to accept.

Interview Questions
    • I worked on a financial securities trading algorithm. Was asked to go deeper into the architecture of the system.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. The offer was very competitive.

Finance and Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

The interview process has 4 rounds:
    1) Screening (Phone - 30 mins)
    2) Skills (Phone - 45mins to 1 hr)
    3) Performance / Behavioral Situational (Phone - 45mins to 1 hr)
    3) Confirming (In person - 2 hrs to 2hrs : 30 mins)

Screening - This is with HR - The purpose is to evaluate your experience and ensure you have the required background. The key here is to be patient and persuasive - Never say no unless you clearly don't have the background. Alway try to find a varient of the experience if you don't have the exact thing being asked.

Skills - This is with a Senior Manager from Consulting practice - I prepared the most for this round as I considered it to be the make or break round which for the most part it is. The senior manager was phenomenally impressive. Within the first 5mins they exactly knew what my background is. It seemed like they had some pre-prepared questions but after I gave them an overview of what I do they just asked me follow up questions. The interview was technical in nature but there was no case study. Example of questions (paraphrased):
    - Can you talk about your role in the RCSA process?
    - What is the role that you play in the CP risk evaluation?
    - How do you measure, monitor, report on KPI?
    Keep in mind the above questions where from my experience so the take away is focus on your finance/risk related experience as the field is really broad. The three main industries are Capital markets, banking and insurance - Based on your experience the person interviewing you will be familiar with that industry and the focus will be diving deeper in your role, how you improved processes to bring about better risk management, time savings, cost reduction extra.

Behavioral - This was with HR and was extremely thorough. I have done tons of interviews but this by far was very extensive. The HR person was very seasoned with more than 10 yrs of experience in recruiting and 10 yrs in industry doing various things. She started by giving a description what we will do and what the ground rules are. It was very similar to behavioral questions you can google but somewhat focused. I was asked 3 main questions in 50 mins so the expectation is to be extensive in your responses and there was quite a few followups on each main question. I found 30 questions online the night before and just typed out bullet format answers. This exercise helped me brainstorm solid stories from my experience and I was able to use the notes very conveniently as it was a phone interview. Example of questions (paraphrased):
    1) Talk about a time that there was a major slippage in events at work, what exactly happened and what did i do to handle the situation?
    2) Talk about a recent controversial event / idea at work, why was it controversial, what was your role in it and how did you gain acceptance?
    3) Talk about a time you brought about efficiency in a process
    Don't be afraid to ask for a few seconds to compile your thoughts before you jump into the answer.

Confirming round - This was a 1:1 with a senior manager and 1:1 with a partner
    1:1 with senior manager - Very similar to the skills interview but in-person so you can't leverage your notes as well. Again nothing very surprising - no case interview just getting to know me and my experience
    1:1 with partner - This interview by far was a very difficult one. The partner in my case was a very technical person and was really focused on ensuring I can do the job and do it well. He also threw in a mini-case interview to evaluate my thought process. Mini-case question-
    There is an insurance company that is our client. They produce a report periodically. They have hired you to evaluate the report and complaints about it. Depending on whom you talk to in the company the report either has too much detail or too little detail - mostly is produced after the prime time that it is needed at. How would you approach planning a fix.
    My suggestion is to not worry about case study too much but just be prepared to approach questions such as this. Other candidates weren't asked case study questions at all but you never know who interviews you.
    They told 2 days later they would like to offer me the job

Interview Questions
    • If two years later you will come to my office and tell you it was a mistake taking this job what will be the reason (this was asked by the partner)   View Answer
    I asked for additional 5K and they accepted. The HR person presented the offer as if there was not room for negotiation so be vary of that. My suggestion would be after listening to the offer ask for time to think and get back. That way you can talk to your mentors and think in a pressure free environment. Also realize the HR person doesn't have much of a say - the partner will be making the decision so HR is a for the most part just a messenger and are trained to keep you away from negotiating it seemed like to me. I kind of got rushed into asking for 5K more in the initial conversation. However, the offer was generous and a +5K additional was something i am pretty happy with. I would also suggest to be humble and presenting a reasonable counter bid. Do you research on what is the range for the number of years of experience you have and the location you will be in?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Total of 2 interviews held on campus. One interview was just a long conversation about "why consulting" and business questions that I had asked myself over time. The other was a case. The case was very straightforward and dealt with high level stuff. No math. Nothing out of the ordinary. That being said, my understanding is that it's totally up to your interviewer what kind of interview they give you.. so I don't know do what extent mine can be defined as normal.

Interview Questions
    • If I told you there was a problem with your school's football field, how would you fix it?   View Answer

Another offer came up in asset management which I thought was more promising in the long run. Looking back on it, it's not a decision I'm happy with.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

went through 10 interviews both on Industry and business side. Not good communications between the two groups.

None

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

The interview process was very organized and went pretty smoothly. I went through on campus recruiting and the first interview was more of a screening than a real interview. I was basically told what to highlight for the second interview. The second interview and the third round of two interview were all pretty similar. I got asked most of the questions I saw on Glassdoor so be prepared. Also the only reason the process took about two months for me was due to scheduling conflicts on my part.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to make a decision without knowing all the facts. What did you do?   Answer Question

I decided that Accenture just wasn't the right company for me

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Usually starts with a screening call. Prepare to give relevant examples of your work / experience (even if you are straight out of college). They are looking for articulate, enthusiastic, smart, and leaders. Once you move forward, they will usually bring you to an office for a number of face-to-face interviews where they will assess you from a behavior and skills perspective. Practice giving relevant examples when answering the interviewers questions and you should do well. Overall they are very friendly and are genuine in learning more about you and how you will fit and be successful there.

Interview Questions
    • Depending on the level you are being considered they will try to assess your technical competency. It is usually conducted by someone in that field so make sure you can give relevancy and competency.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

4 interviews, 1st with HR, 2nd situation, 3rd skilled and 4th and final interview (at this point job is yours to loose) with Managing Director. Tedious and long process

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Applied to on campus recruiting at my university and got a first round on campus. The first round is just a basic fit interview. Questions will be different depending on the interviewer but include:
    Tell me about yourself, Why Accenture?, What does Accenture do?, What do you think Systems Integration Analysts do?, Is there anything else you would like to bring up that we haven't discussed?

Received a phone call and email about passing the first round within a few business days. The second interview was on site, one hour with a manager. It was behavioral and also conversational and included questions such as:
    Tell me about... yourself, what you consider to be your major accomplishment, a time you had a conflict with someone you worked with, a time you had to solve an open-ended question with little details given, and a time when were given too much information.

Again, received a phone call and an email about the third round within a few business days. There were about 15-16 people that day interviewing, about 8 each in the morning and afternoon sessions. The third round was also on site and included a 1 hr presentation by current analysts (benefits, etc) + lunch, and 2 interviews (1 with a manager, 1 with an executive level person). The interviews were both fit questions and behavioral questions such as:
    Why Accenture?, tell me about a time you lead a team to success, how do you think your experiences fit into the role of a systems integration analyst?

Interview took place in New York City Office but offer was in Washington DC.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: What was your favorite class outside of the core classes you took?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The offer was on the higher end.

MCDP - Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

I was referred to Accenture US Recruiting via a Managing Director contact I have been diligently networking with. I am an advanced graduate degree candidate and have over 7 years of work experience -- perhaps MCDP was a bit low on the entry level ladder, but it was worth a shot. Details below:

First contact with HR occurred on 9/13; and a first round interviews was set up for the following week.

First case interview was great, my case was about a new software implementation problem and how to resolve the issue. Very minimal data, mostly open ended to explore structure and I did great. Second case was interviewer led, and was a couple of prompts, and a bit more quant in this one but not as complex as some of the cases I had been preparing with.

Two weeks later, I was invited to final-round interviews in New York. Yes, I was very nervous. I also was quite intimidated they might try and test me hard on business cases and quant analysis. In fact, my experience was quite the opposite. First case interview was *completely* unstructured, and that actually threw me for a loop. Case involved a problem reporting issue in a marketing department and how to help the CMO resolve the issue. I did myself a disservice and forgot to focus on methodology and structure. I could have cracked the case had I focused more on understanding the details of the current process, but I was thrown off course when the consultant told me "I don't expect you to solve this case in the next 15min but tell me how you would start the approach". I misinterpreted that comment to mean "hurry up", and I started jumping around and just used intuition to solve the problem which may have cost me the offer. Second interview was a behavioral, and all the expected questions came up. People were relatively nice, but I wouldn't say that they looked deep into my eyes or anything like that. It was very process-driven interview cycle.

Lastly, the most painful part was waiting *three weeks* to hear news about the offer, and finally on the last day of that third week an email arrived with all the typical "unfortunately you were not selected..."

From start to end, the entire interview process lasted 7wks. Note to self, if an offer is not made within a week, keep looking for other jobs.

Interview Questions
    • A Chief Marketing Officer has hired us to solve a surplus of errors reported from other departments about the proof-reading department. He just wants the errors to "go away". How would you start to solve this issue?   Answer Question

Entry Level Technology Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

I applied online and I had 3 round interviews
    - 1st initial phone screening- mostly resume based questions
    -2nd situational interview over the phone
    -3rd in-house iterview (2 separate interview with managers)

It was a great interview experience and all interviewers were super nice.
    Have not heard back since the last interview