Accenture Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.1

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in September 2012.

There is a lot of planning that is required for this interview process. Know the company. Be clear about your value with the company. And, prepare a lot for the situation interview (Situation, Action, Business Outcome). Keep the situations as short and concise as possible.

Interview Questions
    • In the situation interview I was asked to give details about how I manage a Project; assigned resources, tracked progress etc... The interviewer was looking for a lot of specifics   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in July 2012.

Contacted via a college recruiter. 1/2 day of interviews with a few different engineers and consultants. A mix of technically challenging and personal questions. In general a good look at the opportunity. All of my questions were answered and I left the interview with a good understanding of the opportunity and its responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe how I would handle a consulting engagement that was set up to solve a specific technical problem.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

3 interviews on the phone and one in person. First two with HR, 3rd with management team and the last interview it is a formality to shake hand with team in the office.

Consider that 68,000 in NYC is not so much money.NYC is expensive And if you are traveling is really not enough for the fact that you will not be at home.

Consultant (Risk Management) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

First off, I'm thankful for this site as it has been instrumental to me not only in the interview process but has been extremely helpful for me to get offer.

I applied online for a Consultant Position. The position is under management consulting and the specific group is Risk Consulting. My background is in banking, risk management, and internal consulting, so a recruiter called me right after 1 or 2 weeks after applying online.

1st interview - HR Screening:

The HR lady is extremely thorough. She grilled me on my project management skills for 1 hour. She asked me about my experience in depth and then when I went into it in detail, she wanted more big picture. That was my hardest interview. But my advice would be to sell as much as you can on the skills the position you're applying for. Always say "Yes, I have done that or I've done a variation of that" because ultimately you have to pass the screening for them to setup your phone interviews and final round.

2nd interview - Situational / Behavioral

I had a HR personell calling me regarding my previous experience. She asked questions such as "Tell me about a time when you couldn't meet a deadline?" or "Tell me about a time when you organized large amounts of information?" I was only asked two questions and gave detailed answers. My advice: 1) Prepare a lot of past experiences in DETAIL, 2) be POSITIVE on every answer. She will ask you about how you felt in that situation, so it's better to tell the truth, however, if you dont' remember, then you can say honestly "I don't remember, but it would make sense for me to feel etc....." But don't BS something completely made up. She'll catch on. She does this for a living. If it's a phone interview, I suggest you to write your experiences down, and then recite them with someone. I wrote down 4 scenarios on my computer and used that as a guide during my phone interview.

3rd interview - Skills

A senior manager called me to ask me about what I did in the past. He didn't give me a case but he studied my resume and asked me to walk him through my resume just to provide any additional information for him. I heard he could have went through my resume bullet by bullet, but he didn't. Rather he asked me specifically on the skills (credit risk experience) he thought I had. I passed that with flying colors. And got the final round phone cal 10 minutes after.

In Office Visit - Final Round

I had 3 back to back meetings with 3 partners of the firm. For me, the interviews were less structural and more personal. However, this can vary and I believe I had special treatment because the two other candidates told me (after first interview and during lunch) that they had 2 hardcore Cases and multiple brain teasers. They mentioned that the interviews were extremely difficult and were shocked that I didn't receive any. I did my homework, I knew partners wanted to hear: 1) Why I wanted to Join Accenture, 2) What does their group specifically do and more importantly how they add value to the clients, 3) What do I like about their corporate culture, etc. I had a friend working for Accenture and she told me in detail a lot about the job (so that helped).

Three hours after my final round, I got an email from my recruiter saying that "it looks very promising from their end" and they will have more detail for me next week. The following week, I received a verbal offer, passed the background check, and got the formal offer via email.

Accenture's hiring process is so efficient and HR is so well managed, it's really impressive. Hope that helped.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you couldn't meet a deadline?   Answer Question
    • If the CEO of a firm put you on the spot on a question you have no knowledge of, what should you say?   Answer Question
    Still trying to negotiate salary. Accenture HR is very impressive, they're very savvy going about salary negotiation.

Desktop Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

Very Structured. The Recruiters were very personable and very descriptive with they're backgrounds at the company. But never really got any feedback as to why i was not chosen

Corporate Finance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

I had a very simple 1st round interview through the phone which consisted of some basic questions. They just wanted to go through my resume and see where my interests were. I got called for a 2nd round interview which was also a phone interview. This only consisted of just 3-4 behavior questions, but I was able keep it going for about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • tell me of a time when you went to an elder person looking for advice. Why did you go see him or her? What did you learn from him or her?   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Great sales process. Like to assess you on strategy and execution. Worried about your communication skills than execution skills. Lot of folks will speak to you.

Interview Questions
    • How to handle a tough customer who is a big revenue contributor, but asking for unethical behaviour   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

On-site career services interview at Columbia University, first round interview in NYC office, 2nd round interview in NYC Office

Interview Questions
    • None really, very straightforward questions about background and skills   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate at all

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

I was referred to Accenture by a current employee. My first interview was a phone interview with the recruiter. She asked me questions about my background and work experience, and we discussed what sort of role I was looking for, and what sort of compensation I was expecting. The recruiter then scheduled a skills interview and a behavioral interview, both over the phone.

The skills interview was with a Senior Manager, who asked me specific questions about my experience doing the type of work I would be doing in the role I was applying for. This was the most challenging interview. Next was the behavioral interview, which was a joke. The interviewer wasn't a consultant, and she spent more time making small talk than actually asking the behavioral questions she was supposed to be asking. The sad thing is that her entire job function at Accenture consisted of conducting behavioral interviews.

After those interviews I was asked to fly to New York for a final face-to-face interview with a couple partners. This was a breeze. They asked very few tough questions, and seemed to be more interested selling me on the job than finding out if I was really qualified. A few days later the recruiter called me and made a verbal offer.

The process was very smooth, and I was impressed with how organized and efficient everything was. The only negative perception was the behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    They desperately needed my skill set -- and I knew this -- so I set the expectation early that I wanted top dollar for the job. They low balled me a hair, but I was able to negotiate up to the number I wanted. Be careful when you get the verbal offer -- when I got the written offer, there were some conditions attached to the offer that were not articulated through the verbal offer. Make sure the recruiter gives you all the nitty-gritty terms and conditions before verbally accepting.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

I originally applied for the position in early August. I got a call about a month later asking if I was still interested in the position. The recruiter explained that there would be a phone interview to begin with that would involve simply going through my resume with someone. If they were satisfied with that I would then go on to another phone interview, this time a little more in depth about my experiences. At this point if I made it through that round I would be brought in for a face-to-face interview.

My first phone interview was about two weeks later. As was stated, all we really did was go through my resume and I answered a few questions here and there about it. It was a very low-key, informal interview. I actually ended up talking with the interviewer about my soccer experiences more than anything else on my resume (their child was just starting to play soccer).

I got a call a few days later informing me that I had made it to the next round and that they would like to set up another phone interview. This is when things starting to go downhill. The recruiter asked when I would be free the next week and I told her that I was free the entire week except for one 2-hour gap on one of the days that I would be available. I then received an email the next week confirming the time and date of my second phone interview, which happened to be during the exact time I was unavailable. The problem was that I received the email the day before my interview. In a panic, I called the recruiter and let her know what had happened and that I needed to reschedule and it almost seemed like she was angry that I was rescheduling last second.

The interview was rescheduled for the next week and I made sure it was during a time I would be available. This interview was exactly what I was expecting; a series of "tell me about a time you..." questions. It was much more in-depth than the first interview but the interviewer was very kind and easy to talk to so it really wasn't bad at all.

A few weeks had gone by since the second phone interview so I had assumed I hadn't made it past that round. Then I got a call to schedule the office visit. The recruiter could tell I was confused and asked if I knew I had made it to the next round. When I told her no, I hadn't heard anything she mentioned that they probably got me confused with someone else they already called. Really? At this point I wasn't too impressed with the recruiter and just hoped I would be able to get through the process without anymore hiccups.

The office visit was very nice. There was a group of about 10 of us that were scheduled for the late morning interviews. To start, a group of current consulting analyst gave us a little run through of what was going to be going on during the day in terms of the interviewing process, as well as an information session on Accenture. The interviews themselves were very similar to the second phone interview; a lot of questions about times when I had to lead a group, was recognized for my performance, had a problem that needed to be fixed, etc. I thought it went very well.

A couple of weeks later I received an email saying that unfortunately Accenture would not be able to continue employment talks with me. It seemed like a typical rejection email that could have been received even if I hadn't made it to the first phone interview. I felt that after all the time I had put into the interview process, it was a little unprofessional to simply fire off an email to me telling me I wasn't getting an offer.

All in all, the interviews themselves were quite enjoyable and I had a lot of fun in that aspect. The interview process, as a whole, left a bitter taste in my mouth, however. I was not impressed by the whole ordeal.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time there was a problem that couldn't be fixed. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question