Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – First you usually get a call from HR to go thru your résumé to see if you are qualified as you say on paper. Usually, if thru like you, they will tell you immediately that they will schedule you to speak with someone on the team the role is for. If they say "I'll pass your info along to the managers to see if there a fit", you won't get a call back and you have to start the search all over.

Next, they do a behavioral with someone on the phone who asks tell me about a time you had a difficult coworker, a time you were a leader, a time you were thrown in a hectic situation, a time you failed, etc. the answers should always relate to the role you are applying for.

Then, a skills interview which is usually another walk thru your résumé but may be technical as far as product knowledge or systems used.

Finally, it's the final interview. Accenture case studies I have was describing how I would go thru the process of trying to assess a new reporting requirement a CFO wanted to implement (systems, people, processes, etc.). The other was estimate the amount of leaves you would have if you were to pick one leaf off off every tree on each block in NYC.

Interview Question – The case studies were tough. Be sure to really practice case interviews and understand the process of going thru a problem. Biz requirements, function requirments, gap analysis, implementation. etc.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Technology Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in May 2009.

Interview Details – Recruited by a Senior Manager. 7 interviews over 5 days including 1 SE, offer came early following week. Offer was firm, but signing bonus was very nice.

Interview Question – Where would you look if I asked you to find a bezoar?   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – -Resume review interview
-1-hour Behavorial Interview
-Accenture Office Visit (Two 1-on-1 interviews with executives)

The entire process was brisk since they were trying to fit me into a soon approaching start date.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had a lot of responsibilities and you had to prioritize.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offers..

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Technology Consulting Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Applied on their site and a recruiter contacted me after about 1 month to set up the 1st phone interview. The first interview was brief, about 20 minutes, and was just a basic resume run through. Found out the same night I passed the first round and the 2nd round would be scheduled soon. The 2nd round was another phone interview and lasted about an hour. It was very detailed behavioral type questions with a lot of follow up questions. Within 3 days I was told I would be having a final round interview in the NYC office.
At the NYC office visit, there were about 7 other candidates and it started off with breakfast and a presentation. Then met with two managers and had 45 minute interviews with them which were similar to the 2nd round interview, mostly behavioral questions, but very detailed. I was told I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. The process was smooth up until now.
A week later, a manager called me and asked me if I felt comfortable in the technology alignment Accenture wanted to put me in. I confirmed that I was interested in the alignment they had given me. This gave me high hopes of being hired. 3 weeks later, I haven't heard back and I contacted the recruiter about my interview results. About a week later, I received an email that I was not going to be made an offer. A dreadful 5 week wait only to not receive an offer. Very disappointing ending experience from a top company, final round results should be given out straight-forward to candidates.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you saved your company money or time.   Answer Question

Business Analyst - Management Consulting Development Program Interview

Business Analyst - Management Consulting Development Program
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I applied online to an experienced hire position: Accenture Management Consulting Development Program (MCDP) Business Analyst: Talent and Organization (T&O). This is an experienced hire position rather than the MCDP entry level.

A few weeks after my application, I was contacted by the job posting's recruiter via email to schedule a phone screen. I responded a convenient time for a 30-45 phone screen. There is a time gap of between 1-2 weeks for each of the following interview process steps:

1. A recruiter phone screen about resume, background, experience, skills the why Accenture
3. A manager from the T&O service line conducted a 1 1/2 hour interview: 45 minutes for experience/resume/scenario and another 45 minutes for a case interview.
3. A two hours in-person interview with a manager and a senior manager. The former conducted the case interview and the latter conducted the final confirming (sanity check) interview.

Overall, it was a very positive interview and I felt the communication via the recruiter throughout the process was professional, throughout and informative.

Interview Question – Why Accenture   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career services because Accenture recruits at my school. Each of the interviews were 1-on-1.

I was given a first round on-campus interview through career services. It was a brief 20 minute interview with an HR recruiter about my experiences as an undergraduate student. I was asked about what organizations I was a part of and what jobs/internships I had held as an undergraduate. Those two categories were distinct. I talked about my involvement and leadership with my organization at school. And I talked about the jobs/internships I had held. I mostly included stories of times I had dealt with situations similar to those I would encounter working with Accenture.

I was notified of the next round within the next week. The second round was also on campus, but this time with a manager level executive. This interview was longer, around 45 minutes. I was asked about how I would deal with certain situations and I used my experiences (from my resume) to exemplify how I would deal with those situations. Most of them included "Tell me about a time you had a lot on your plate" or "Tell me about a time you were part of a group and members were difficult to cooperate with".

Within a week of that interview, I was notified of my acceptance for the third round interview. This interview was in their local office closest to my university. This was an exit interview with an office visit. The beginning of this visit consisted of a PowerPoint presentation consultants. The next part consisted of two interviews with manager level executives. The questions were similar to the questions asked during the second round. Each interview was around 45 minutes.

During the third round, there were around 8 students in the morning session and 8 students in the afternoon session that were scheduled. I'm not sure how many of them were given the job. During this round, the executives stressed the willingness to travel for the job.

I finally received an offer call after having waited well over a month. During my 1st interview, I was asked which office I would like to work out & I specified the New York City office. I was surprised but very happy to have received an offer through the NYC office. The entire interviewing & recruiting process lasted 2 months.

They're looking for people who are intelligent, but also personable. If you're able to talk about your experiences with confidence and relate them to situations you'll encounter as an SI Consultant, you'll do well in the interviews.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Most of them were about my experiences and how I dealt with difficult situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an undergraduate student, I was very impressed with the base salary offer they made.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2008.

Interview Details – To begin the hiring process, a candidate submits CV on Accenture career site. There are 3 rounds of interview. First, an HR staff will conduct a telephone interview, asking information on your CV. So, know your CV. Second, you will enter an office interview with 3 interviewers. Be prepared to communicate your assets and skills pertaining to the job

Interview Question – The interviewer may ask technical questions. My recommendation is to answer honestly but demonstrating your capability to learn and adapt to new environment, which is the ground for all business consulting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for $5K to $10K higher than the proposed offer. Ask for month at level

Management Consultant: Risk Management Interview

Management Consultant: Risk Management
New York, NY

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

Interview Details – started with an HR phone screening, then a phone behavioral interview, and then a phone skills interview and finally 3 in person interviews at the NY office with 3 partners in the risk practice.
The behavioral and skills interview were fairly typical. Google those sort of questions and prepare. you are doing this on the phone, so feel free to bring notes with you, but dont read from them directly. Make sure you can explain concrete and real examples of previous work experiences and challenging assignments,and interactions with coworkers. I was asked about a time i had to influence someone who didnt at first agree with me... its questions along those lines....
The final, in person interviews were fairly straightforward. I was only asked 1 case question, but others i know who were there were asked 3 different cases, so be sure to prepare for that.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in risk management?   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst
Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career services center (resume drop), as well as applied on Accenture's website. I was informed that I met the qualifications via e-mail and was invited to a 1st round 30 minute interview. This interview is very basic, and you'll run through your resume for a little bit. Interviewer asked what I did outside of class, e.g., part-time work, extracurriculars, hobbies, etc. Just sound interested in the position and be able to articulate why you want to be in consulting as opposed to another type of job.

I was informed about a week later that I had made it to the 2nd interview. This is the "situational behavior" interview, i.e., "Tell me about a time when...". I personally hate these interviews usually, but the one with Accenture I felt was much less formal and intimidating than with other companies. The situations were tailored to my resume so I had an answer for everything, and it was much more conversational than scripted. Just think about difficult experiences that you can talk about from your resume and be yourself. There weren't any key questions like in the final interviews, it was more along the lines of "so did you ever encounter a difficult situation?" Also ask questions at the end. The actual interview part for me lasted maybe a half hour, even though I was given 45 minutes, so have questions on hand for the end.

I was informed maybe 2-3 days later that I made it to the 3rd & Final Round Office Visit. Don't believe what you read when people say "Oh if you made it to this round, you're pretty much in!" No. It begins with about an hour long presentation from current consultants about particulars about Accenture, benefits, etc. Ask maybe 1 or 2 questions to show you're paying attention. Following that, you have two back-to-back 45 minute interviews with senior managers. These, in my opinion, were actually more formal and scripted than the 2nd interview even though others have said they were more relaxed. Have an example about when you took a leadership role in a project. Have an example about when someone wasn't working well on your team, and what you did. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. I thought the interviews went great, so I was surprised to receive a rejection email about a week later. I can't tell you what I did wrong since they don't provide feedback. It seems like a great company to work for though!

There were no case questions. All behavioral/basic.

Interview Questions

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on campus - Accenture invited all candidates for interview. Accenture had scheduled an event the night before to meet the fellow interviewers. Was very strange experience - the female consultant interviewer for strategy was from financial services, she was filling in as there were was not anyone from strategy available to interview. It was very hard to connect/talk to her. At the end of the event all candidates were discussing this consultant who just seemed uninterested and not wanting to do this. One candidate came to me and said, "is it just me or why is she so difficult to talk to?". That says it all about this consultant.

The next day I find out, I am being interviewed by the same female consultant who was being very difficult. Interview started with small talk, and then she went into the case and she read it at a super fast speed which made it very hard to a.) understand what she was saying and b.) seemed like she did it on purpose. Very strange experience. I interviewed with other strategy firms including the big 4 and this was just very strange. Very arrogant interviewer.

I would not want to ever work with someone who is so hard to connect with and made things so difficult. I just dont understand this and how and why a company would bring someone who was just not interested in doing this.

Interview Question – was not difficult or unexpected question...she (the interviewer) just did not seem interested and was staring at her computer screen typing vigorously and kept using her phone all the time. It was a market entry case for a banking mobile app in the developing country.   Answer Question