Accenture Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 17, 2015

CFM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Florham Park, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

1 introduction phone call with HR contact, followed by phone interview later. I was asked to come into the Florham Park, NJ office for a third round interview. Met with 2 CFM associates , their manager and his manager, the lead of their JPM relationship. Phone interview was behavioural... "Tell me about a time when you showed leadership in the face of adversity" etc etc. Questions at f2f interview revolved mostly around internship experience specific skills pertaining the role.

Interview Questions

• My background isnt in corportate finance but investment management. The interviewers really challeneged me on what skills I possessed that could apply to their client financial management practice.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Quick, straight forward. No strange questions or hoops to jump through (besides the mind-blowing amount of paperwork, background check, drug test, etc.). I only had to interview with one person but I have heard of much longer recruiting processes.

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

Two case interviews and multiple fit interviews with strategy practice leadership.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate expect my start date.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

First you usually get a call from HR to go thru your résumé to see if you are qualified as you say on paper. Usually, if thru like you, they will tell you immediately that they will schedule you to speak with someone on the team the role is for. If they say "I'll pass your info along to the managers to see if there a fit", you won't get a call back and you have to start the search all over. Next, they do a behavioral with someone on the phone who asks tell me about a time you had a difficult coworker, a time you were a leader, a time you were thrown in a hectic situation, a time you failed, etc. the answers should always relate to the role you are applying for. Then, a skills interview which is usually another walk thru your résumé but may be technical as far as product knowledge or systems used. Finally, it's the final interview. Accenture case studies I have was describing how I would go thru the process of trying to assess a new reporting requirement a CFO wanted to implement (systems, people, processes, etc.). The other was estimate the amount of leaves you would have if you were to pick one leaf off off every tree on each block in NYC.

Interview Questions

• The case studies were tough. Be sure to really practice case interviews and understand the process of going thru a problem. Biz requirements, function requirments, gap analysis, implementation. etc.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

-Resume review interview -1-hour Behavorial Interview -Accenture Office Visit (Two 1-on-1 interviews with executives) The entire process was brisk since they were trying to fit me into a soon approaching start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a lot of responsibilities and you had to prioritize.   Answer Question

Better offers..

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on their site and a recruiter contacted me after about 1 month to set up the 1st phone interview. The first interview was brief, about 20 minutes, and was just a basic resume run through. Found out the same night I passed the first round and the 2nd round would be scheduled soon. The 2nd round was another phone interview and lasted about an hour. It was very detailed behavioral type questions with a lot of follow up questions. Within 3 days I was told I would be having a final round interview in the NYC office. At the NYC office visit, there were about 7 other candidates and it started off with breakfast and a presentation. Then met with two managers and had 45 minute interviews with them which were similar to the 2nd round interview, mostly behavioral questions, but very detailed. I was told I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. The process was smooth up until now. A week later, a manager called me and asked me if I felt comfortable in the technology alignment Accenture wanted to put me in. I confirmed that I was interested in the alignment they had given me. This gave me high hopes of being hired. 3 weeks later, I haven't heard back and I contacted the recruiter about my interview results. About a week later, I received an email that I was not going to be made an offer. A dreadful 5 week wait only to not receive an offer. Very disappointing ending experience from a top company, final round results should be given out straight-forward to candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saved your company money or time.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online to an experienced hire position: Accenture Management Consulting Development Program (MCDP) Business Analyst: Talent and Organization (T&O). This is an experienced hire position rather than the MCDP entry level. A few weeks after my application, I was contacted by the job posting's recruiter via email to schedule a phone screen. I responded a convenient time for a 30-45 phone screen. There is a time gap of between 1-2 weeks for each of the following interview process steps: 1. A recruiter phone screen about resume, background, experience, skills the why Accenture 3. A manager from the T&O service line conducted a 1 1/2 hour interview: 45 minutes for experience/resume/scenario and another 45 minutes for a case interview. 3. A two hours in-person interview with a manager and a senior manager. The former conducted the case interview and the latter conducted the final confirming (sanity check) interview. Overall, it was a very positive interview and I felt the communication via the recruiter throughout the process was professional, throughout and informative.

Accenture Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Florham Park, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Apply online, initial phone screening, wait 1 week, behavioral phone interview (1-1.5 hrs), waited a few days. On site interview, met with 5 different people (5 rounds), found out 2-3weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't difficult but they're looking for the right person and the right cultural fit. Explain differences between GAAP and non-GAAP Accounting and the recent legalities surrounding depreciation and carried-interest loophole.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, great offer.

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

Applied through my school's career services center (resume drop), as well as applied on Accenture's website. I was informed that I met the qualifications via e-mail and was invited to a 1st round 30 minute interview. This interview is very basic, and you'll run through your resume for a little bit. Interviewer asked what I did outside of class, e.g., part-time work, extracurriculars, hobbies, etc. Just sound interested in the position and be able to articulate why you want to be in consulting as opposed to another type of job. I was informed about a week later that I had made it to the 2nd interview. This is the "situational behavior" interview, i.e., "Tell me about a time when...". I personally hate these interviews usually, but the one with Accenture I felt was much less formal and intimidating than with other companies. The situations were tailored to my resume so I had an answer for everything, and it was much more conversational than scripted. Just think about difficult experiences that you can talk about from your resume and be yourself. There weren't any key questions like in the final interviews, it was more along the lines of "so did you ever encounter a difficult situation?" Also ask questions at the end. The actual interview part for me lasted maybe a half hour, even though I was given 45 minutes, so have questions on hand for the end. I was informed maybe 2-3 days later that I made it to the 3rd & Final Round Office Visit. Don't believe what you read when people say "Oh if you made it to this round, you're pretty much in!" No. It begins with about an hour long presentation from current consultants about particulars about Accenture, benefits, etc. Ask maybe 1 or 2 questions to show you're paying attention. Following that, you have two back-to-back 45 minute interviews with senior managers. These, in my opinion, were actually more formal and scripted than the 2nd interview even though others have said they were more relaxed. Have an example about when you took a leadership role in a project. Have an example about when someone wasn't working well on your team, and what you did. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. I thought the interviews went great, so I was surprised to receive a rejection email about a week later. I can't tell you what I did wrong since they don't provide feedback. It seems like a great company to work for though! There were no case questions. All behavioral/basic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you took a leadership role on a project   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a team member wasn't pulling his or her weight   Answer Question
    • What do you do outside of school   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Got interviewed 3 times.

Low Offer