Accenture Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 22, 2015

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick compared to other consulting firms. My recruiter was great - she kept me up to speed on everything, told me beforehand what type of interview/questions would be asked so I could prepare and responded the next day after each interview. Consists of 4-5 interviews (I had an extra interview with another Mgr of the same group - normally it is only 4 interviews total) 1st rd - phone screen with Recruiter 2nd rd - past experience phone interview with Manager of the practice I was applying to. Discussed my past, what skills I have that are pertinent to the group, how I would fit in, etc. Some technical questions were asked, however not very difficult. 3rd rd - behavioral interview by phone with HR. She was great and made me feel very relaxed before we began. Tell me about a time where xx questions. I had the flexibility to skip some questions where I could not provide an example of which was a great option (however I did not exercise it). Told stories of different engagements I have been on. 4th rd - skills phone interview with another Manager I was applying to. He asked more technical questions in nature. 5th rd - face to face with Sr Exec. I went into the office to talk to the Sr Exec. We were scheduled for 1 hr however began early and ran about 80 min total. The Sr Exec talked a majority of the time and offered great insight/history of the company and practice. Kind of sold me on Accenture although I had already been sold after hearing what each interviewer said about the company/practice. Received great feedback the next business day and an offer 2 days after. I had another offer at the time so I asked for 48 hrs to give a reply and they were fine with it.

Interview Questions

• What are the implications of a SQL injection? How do you prevent it?   1 Answer
    • If you could only have one, client side or server side validation, which would you pick?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a few more on the base (4%) as I had another offer on my end.

SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I am still being interviewed. I think the first round is to just speak to the recruiter. If the recruiter likes you, then he/she will forward it to the project manager to interview for his vacancy. The recruiter asked me about my background and whether I was comfortable with clinical trials SAS programming.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I had 5 interviews - a phone interview with a recruiter, 2 phone interviews with managers/senior managers from the practice, and final interviews with a senior manager and a manager. The in-person manager interview was more of a confirmation that I understood everything that I had been told about the position (e.g. travel, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Number of seconds in a week   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent at the analyst level.

CFM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Florham Park, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

1 introduction phone call with HR contact, followed by phone interview later. I was asked to come into the Florham Park, NJ office for a third round interview. Met with 2 CFM associates , their manager and his manager, the lead of their JPM relationship. Phone interview was behavioural... "Tell me about a time when you showed leadership in the face of adversity" etc etc. Questions at f2f interview revolved mostly around internship experience specific skills pertaining the role.

Interview Questions

• My background isnt in corportate finance but investment management. The interviewers really challeneged me on what skills I possessed that could apply to their client financial management practice.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Quick, straight forward. No strange questions or hoops to jump through (besides the mind-blowing amount of paperwork, background check, drug test, etc.). I only had to interview with one person but I have heard of much longer recruiting processes.

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

Two case interviews and multiple fit interviews with strategy practice leadership.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate expect my start date.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

First you usually get a call from HR to go thru your résumé to see if you are qualified as you say on paper. Usually, if thru like you, they will tell you immediately that they will schedule you to speak with someone on the team the role is for. If they say "I'll pass your info along to the managers to see if there a fit", you won't get a call back and you have to start the search all over. Next, they do a behavioral with someone on the phone who asks tell me about a time you had a difficult coworker, a time you were a leader, a time you were thrown in a hectic situation, a time you failed, etc. the answers should always relate to the role you are applying for. Then, a skills interview which is usually another walk thru your résumé but may be technical as far as product knowledge or systems used. Finally, it's the final interview. Accenture case studies I have was describing how I would go thru the process of trying to assess a new reporting requirement a CFO wanted to implement (systems, people, processes, etc.). The other was estimate the amount of leaves you would have if you were to pick one leaf off off every tree on each block in NYC.

Interview Questions

• The case studies were tough. Be sure to really practice case interviews and understand the process of going thru a problem. Biz requirements, function requirments, gap analysis, implementation. etc.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

-Resume review interview -1-hour Behavorial Interview -Accenture Office Visit (Two 1-on-1 interviews with executives) The entire process was brisk since they were trying to fit me into a soon approaching start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a lot of responsibilities and you had to prioritize.   Answer Question

Better offers..

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on their site and a recruiter contacted me after about 1 month to set up the 1st phone interview. The first interview was brief, about 20 minutes, and was just a basic resume run through. Found out the same night I passed the first round and the 2nd round would be scheduled soon. The 2nd round was another phone interview and lasted about an hour. It was very detailed behavioral type questions with a lot of follow up questions. Within 3 days I was told I would be having a final round interview in the NYC office. At the NYC office visit, there were about 7 other candidates and it started off with breakfast and a presentation. Then met with two managers and had 45 minute interviews with them which were similar to the 2nd round interview, mostly behavioral questions, but very detailed. I was told I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. The process was smooth up until now. A week later, a manager called me and asked me if I felt comfortable in the technology alignment Accenture wanted to put me in. I confirmed that I was interested in the alignment they had given me. This gave me high hopes of being hired. 3 weeks later, I haven't heard back and I contacted the recruiter about my interview results. About a week later, I received an email that I was not going to be made an offer. A dreadful 5 week wait only to not receive an offer. Very disappointing ending experience from a top company, final round results should be given out straight-forward to candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saved your company money or time.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online to an experienced hire position: Accenture Management Consulting Development Program (MCDP) Business Analyst: Talent and Organization (T&O). This is an experienced hire position rather than the MCDP entry level. A few weeks after my application, I was contacted by the job posting's recruiter via email to schedule a phone screen. I responded a convenient time for a 30-45 phone screen. There is a time gap of between 1-2 weeks for each of the following interview process steps: 1. A recruiter phone screen about resume, background, experience, skills the why Accenture 3. A manager from the T&O service line conducted a 1 1/2 hour interview: 45 minutes for experience/resume/scenario and another 45 minutes for a case interview. 3. A two hours in-person interview with a manager and a senior manager. The former conducted the case interview and the latter conducted the final confirming (sanity check) interview. Overall, it was a very positive interview and I felt the communication via the recruiter throughout the process was professional, throughout and informative.