Accenture Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 17, 2015

Management Consultant: Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

started with an HR phone screening, then a phone behavioral interview, and then a phone skills interview and finally 3 in person interviews at the NY office with 3 partners in the risk practice. The behavioral and skills interview were fairly typical. Google those sort of questions and prepare. you are doing this on the phone, so feel free to bring notes with you, but dont read from them directly. Make sure you can explain concrete and real examples of previous work experiences and challenging assignments,and interactions with coworkers. I was asked about a time i had to influence someone who didnt at first agree with me... its questions along those lines.... The final, in person interviews were fairly straightforward. I was only asked 1 case question, but others i know who were there were asked 3 different cases, so be sure to prepare for that.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services because Accenture recruits at my school. Each of the interviews were 1-on-1. I was given a first round on-campus interview through career services. It was a brief 20 minute interview with an HR recruiter about my experiences as an undergraduate student. I was asked about what organizations I was a part of and what jobs/internships I had held as an undergraduate. Those two categories were distinct. I talked about my involvement and leadership with my organization at school. And I talked about the jobs/internships I had held. I mostly included stories of times I had dealt with situations similar to those I would encounter working with Accenture. I was notified of the next round within the next week. The second round was also on campus, but this time with a manager level executive. This interview was longer, around 45 minutes. I was asked about how I would deal with certain situations and I used my experiences (from my resume) to exemplify how I would deal with those situations. Most of them included "Tell me about a time you had a lot on your plate" or "Tell me about a time you were part of a group and members were difficult to cooperate with". Within a week of that interview, I was notified of my acceptance for the third round interview. This interview was in their local office closest to my university. This was an exit interview with an office visit. The beginning of this visit consisted of a PowerPoint presentation consultants. The next part consisted of two interviews with manager level executives. The questions were similar to the questions asked during the second round. Each interview was around 45 minutes. During the third round, there were around 8 students in the morning session and 8 students in the afternoon session that were scheduled. I'm not sure how many of them were given the job. During this round, the executives stressed the willingness to travel for the job. I finally received an offer call after having waited well over a month. During my 1st interview, I was asked which office I would like to work out & I specified the New York City office. I was surprised but very happy to have received an offer through the NYC office. The entire interviewing & recruiting process lasted 2 months. They're looking for people who are intelligent, but also personable. If you're able to talk about your experiences with confidence and relate them to situations you'll encounter as an SI Consultant, you'll do well in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Most of them were about my experiences and how I dealt with difficult situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an undergraduate student, I was very impressed with the base salary offer they made.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied on campus - Accenture invited all candidates for interview. Accenture had scheduled an event the night before to meet the fellow interviewers. Was very strange experience - the female consultant interviewer for strategy was from financial services, she was filling in as there were was not anyone from strategy available to interview. It was very hard to connect/talk to her. At the end of the event all candidates were discussing this consultant who just seemed uninterested and not wanting to do this. One candidate came to me and said, "is it just me or why is she so difficult to talk to?". That says it all about this consultant. The next day I find out, I am being interviewed by the same female consultant who was being very difficult. Interview started with small talk, and then she went into the case and she read it at a super fast speed which made it very hard to a.) understand what she was saying and b.) seemed like she did it on purpose. Very strange experience. I interviewed with other strategy firms including the big 4 and this was just very strange. Very arrogant interviewer. I would not want to ever work with someone who is so hard to connect with and made things so difficult. I just dont understand this and how and why a company would bring someone who was just not interested in doing this.

Interview Questions

• was not difficult or unexpected question...she (the interviewer) just did not seem interested and was staring at her computer screen typing vigorously and kept using her phone all the time. It was a market entry case for a banking mobile app in the developing country.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

There is a lot of planning that is required for this interview process. Know the company. Be clear about your value with the company. And, prepare a lot for the situation interview (Situation, Action, Business Outcome). Keep the situations as short and concise as possible.

Interview Questions

• In the situation interview I was asked to give details about how I manage a Project; assigned resources, tracked progress etc... The interviewer was looking for a lot of specifics   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Accenture (New Brunswick, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Contacted via a college recruiter. 1/2 day of interviews with a few different engineers and consultants. A mix of technically challenging and personal questions. In general a good look at the opportunity. All of my questions were answered and I left the interview with a good understanding of the opportunity and its responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe how I would handle a consulting engagement that was set up to solve a specific technical problem.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

3 interviews on the phone and one in person. First two with HR, 3rd with management team and the last interview it is a formality to shake hand with team in the office.

Negotiation

Consider that 68,000 in NYC is not so much money.NYC is expensive And if you are traveling is really not enough for the fact that you will not be at home.

Consultant (Risk Management) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

First off, I'm thankful for this site as it has been instrumental to me not only in the interview process but has been extremely helpful for me to get offer. I applied online for a Consultant Position. The position is under management consulting and the specific group is Risk Consulting. My background is in banking, risk management, and internal consulting, so a recruiter called me right after 1 or 2 weeks after applying online. 1st interview - HR Screening: The HR lady is extremely thorough. She grilled me on my project management skills for 1 hour. She asked me about my experience in depth and then when I went into it in detail, she wanted more big picture. That was my hardest interview. But my advice would be to sell as much as you can on the skills the position you're applying for. Always say "Yes, I have done that or I've done a variation of that" because ultimately you have to pass the screening for them to setup your phone interviews and final round. 2nd interview - Situational / Behavioral I had a HR personell calling me regarding my previous experience. She asked questions such as "Tell me about a time when you couldn't meet a deadline?" or "Tell me about a time when you organized large amounts of information?" I was only asked two questions and gave detailed answers. My advice: 1) Prepare a lot of past experiences in DETAIL, 2) be POSITIVE on every answer. She will ask you about how you felt in that situation, so it's better to tell the truth, however, if you dont' remember, then you can say honestly "I don't remember, but it would make sense for me to feel etc....." But don't BS something completely made up. She'll catch on. She does this for a living. If it's a phone interview, I suggest you to write your experiences down, and then recite them with someone. I wrote down 4 scenarios on my computer and used that as a guide during my phone interview. 3rd interview - Skills A senior manager called me to ask me about what I did in the past. He didn't give me a case but he studied my resume and asked me to walk him through my resume just to provide any additional information for him. I heard he could have went through my resume bullet by bullet, but he didn't. Rather he asked me specifically on the skills (credit risk experience) he thought I had. I passed that with flying colors. And got the final round phone cal 10 minutes after. In Office Visit - Final Round I had 3 back to back meetings with 3 partners of the firm. For me, the interviews were less structural and more personal. However, this can vary and I believe I had special treatment because the two other candidates told me (after first interview and during lunch) that they had 2 hardcore Cases and multiple brain teasers. They mentioned that the interviews were extremely difficult and were shocked that I didn't receive any. I did my homework, I knew partners wanted to hear: 1) Why I wanted to Join Accenture, 2) What does their group specifically do and more importantly how they add value to the clients, 3) What do I like about their corporate culture, etc. I had a friend working for Accenture and she told me in detail a lot about the job (so that helped). Three hours after my final round, I got an email from my recruiter saying that "it looks very promising from their end" and they will have more detail for me next week. The following week, I received a verbal offer, passed the background check, and got the formal offer via email. Accenture's hiring process is so efficient and HR is so well managed, it's really impressive. Hope that helped.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldn't meet a deadline?   Answer Question
    • If the CEO of a firm put you on the spot on a question you have no knowledge of, what should you say?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still trying to negotiate salary. Accenture HR is very impressive, they're very savvy going about salary negotiation.

Desktop Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Very Structured. The Recruiters were very personable and very descriptive with they're backgrounds at the company. But never really got any feedback as to why i was not chosen

Corporate Finance Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Florham Park, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a very simple 1st round interview through the phone which consisted of some basic questions. They just wanted to go through my resume and see where my interests were. I got called for a 2nd round interview which was also a phone interview. This only consisted of just 3-4 behavior questions, but I was able keep it going for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• tell me of a time when you went to an elder person looking for advice. Why did you go see him or her? What did you learn from him or her?   Answer Question

R&D Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Questions about background and applicable technical experience, about programming languages, previous work experience, what you are passionate about. More difficult part of interview involved brainteasers - seems like they look to see your skills in communicating and working with the interviewer to solve the brainteasers, so be sure to ask questions and communicate how you are thinking about solving the problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about a project you worked on that you are proud of   Answer Question