Accenture

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Written followed by GD followed by Technical followed by HR

Interview Question – How does a search engine like google work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was happy with the salary

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very smart guys, but salary was too low.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answers (3)

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2009.

Interview Details – First I was called by an internal recruiter for an initial interview/screening. Passed that. Was told I had to fill out a form with a bunch of intrusive background information that I refused to give because I hadn't even been interviewed yet. They backed off. I had a tech phone screening. Passed the tech screen. I was then offered a salary about 15K below what I could get if there were any jobs in my area at this time; I swallowed my pride and agreed to the salary. Then I had some type of 'situational' interview over the phone. Passed that. Then I went to the job site (100+ miles away) - and interviewed with 3 would-be co-workers and an upper level manager. Passed all of that. Everyone liked me and I was selected to work on a project with new technology I was interested in. Then was told - for the first time - that some company named HireRight would do a 'background' check that could take a week. Agreed to that, very reluctantly. Background check began and several of the companies I had previously worked for are no longer in business. The HireRight off-shore halfwits hound me via email several times for 4 days for information I had indicated on my initial form THAT I DID NOT HAVE (i.e. company was out of business and no, I don't want you to contact them). I responded to their emailed questions as well as I could and no one ever replied. Each question was from a different person. Finally assigned all email from HireRight to my spam folder. A legal infraction from 27 years ago that I'd forgotten about was magically uncovered. Got around that. After a lot of frustration, I told the recruiter I wasn't interested in the position - the background check, the low-balled salary etc. had worn me down plus my girlfriend was diagnosed with breast cancer on the day of the face-to-face interview, I'd spoken to people who had worked for Accenture and they said stay away, the State of Texas was suing Accenture for a botched project etc. After speaking to the recruiter again I agreed to the offer despite the negatives. I decided to accept because I really liked the people I interviewed with and in the end that is usually what it comes down to. If you don't like your interviewers things usually don't get any better.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told immediately what the pay would be and that was that. I was evaluated on my skillset, which was deemed by them to be a 'B' level, whatever the hell that means.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had applied for an Associate level position through university recruitment drive. I was asked about basic concepts of RDBMS. Some concepts of Java and also about my final year project. Main key crack this interview was to be yourself and be confident don't lie because they are much more experienced then you are.

Interview Question – Java String related concepts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As it was first job of my career so I didn't negotiate.

Kronberg, Hesse (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2010.

Interview Details – Use Case in a group. Some technical tests and interview with a Senior Manager

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Delhi (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in December 2012.

Interview Details – I got a call from accenture by giving E-litmus exam. Hiring and interview process was great experience.

Interview Question – Questions asked were not much difficult and were mainly based on what I have studied during my graduation   Answer Question

Programmer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – process involved a aptitude test, technical interview, nd HR interview.
Aptitude test was fairly basic-english,quantitative, logical reasoning.
In technical interview they asked a few basic C programmes, why my pointer was low etc.
HR interview lasted less than 7 min..usual HR questions nothing too challenging..

Interview Question – All questions were simple...on a relative scale, during HR interview, I was asked to tell the history of Accenture...   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Interview Details – Campus placement, first given an aptitude then face to face and then technichal

Interview Question – there was no such question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – campus picked

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview is first, it is a personal interview about yourself and your problem solving abilities.
If successful, one to two weeks later you will receive an email or call about having a second interview. This will be an in person, technical interview about what you have studied/are studying and they will be happy to go into detail. Talk passionately about what it is in technology that interests you - programming? Hardware? AI? etc. be positive!

Research Accenture in advance, look at case studies and competitors. Find out what separates Accenture from their competitors.

Interview Question – "Name a time when you worked in a team and things didn't quite work out"
There are lots of these style questions and you may find yourself exaggerating or extending the truth.
If so, make sure you end your "experience" with a solution. They're really looking for solutions, not problems. (This is interview 1; Phone)
  View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

Interview Details – Campus selection.
1. Aptitude
2. Group discussion
3. technical interview
4. HR interview

Negotiation Details – Since it was campus selection as a fresher. No negotiations

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!