Accenture Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with in-house HR team - Not knowledgable about the position. Interviewer may then forwards resume on to the hiring manager. No feedback on why candidate is rejected for moving on to F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know salary expectations. Would not move on if a specifc Number / range NOT given.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A third party recruiter receives your application and forwards you to one of Accenture's interviewers. This person manages and sees what you are fit for and recommends as well as coordinates the people you are going to speak to at Accenture. This person also shares salary information for the roles you have applied for and basic information about the company. Once understood what roles you are fitted for the Accenture recruiter sets an interview with someone in that position. Once interviewed the recruiter receives word again and tells you whether you are a good fit or not. The recruiter might get word from your interviewer you might be better suited for other roles and thus be forwarded for another interview to see if you are a good fit for a different role. Once everything is all set and done a final interview is done to finalize things and an official offer is given.

Interview Questions

• When faced with an impasse on a project what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hardly any negotiation about salary benefits. The most I can get was a sign on bonus.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Expect at least three to four interviews from the start of process to end. The initial interview is a recruiter call, next is the skills interview which is usually the hiring manager and or a technical team, then a behavioral interview and the last is with a managing director. The crucial ones are the skills and behavioral interviews. The MD interview is more about present ability, industry acumen and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation when you had to mitigate a risk without impact to schedule or cost.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiated with the recruiter as the mediator

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied on-line and was called by a representative of the company that coordinated a date and time for a phone screen. If the phone screen is successfully passed, it is followed by several face-to-face, on-site interviews with managers, peers and other individuals.

Interview Questions

• The usual - What was your most unsuccessful project and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Clifton, NJ).

Interview

Last October a recruiter from Accenture contacted me for a position for project manager within Media, Communication & Technology division. Within a week, she arranged a behavioral interview. It seems Accenture has a team of professionals for this type of interview. It was roughly an hour interview. It is challenging but fun interview. I passed it. They came skills interview. Interviewer was an experience professional in the field. He asked me questions regarding PM methodologies as well as situations. I passed this interview as well. The last one was conformation interview. It was with a higher management personal. Great interview. He expected me to ask him some questions. I had a great conversation. After 3 weeks, I heard that I had passed all the interviews. Unfortunately I had accepted another offer by that time.

Interview Questions

I had accepted another offer by that time. I wish I had waited.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process at this company involves series of phone interviews, beginning with an initial phone screen. Next are 2 skill assessment interviews. Essence is to determine where you fit best. If one aces aforementioned steps, he or she is invited for a final face-to-face/business case interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

3 interviews: situation interview; skills interview and executive interview. Very detailed however the interviewer made me feel so comfortable and that made the interview relaxing.

Interview Questions

• 3 part questions.. You should write down the key points that help me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No..good offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was done remotely. I was living in one state planning to relocate to another state. There was an email exchange with the recruiter, then phone calls with two hiring managers. The last step was meeting an Accenture manager locally just to get a feel for how well i present myself. The last step is more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what interested me about consulting, the company, project management, etc. This was a typical interview with no curve-ball questions.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Interview

everything went smoothly. The only thing I could say is that the HR recruiter was very junior (new) and since I was interviewing for an analyst position then I guess the let her with me. She almost discarded me because I used different words for the answer she was looking for, fortunately a more senior recruiter jumped in.

Negotiation

you need to know your market value. If it is below, then ask "why" they are not giving you that amount. If the answer or the amount is unacceptable, move on; Accenture gives a lot, but demands a lot, so you need to be happy from the get-go.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in September 2009.

Interview

The phone interview was my first contact with Accenture. The interview was rushed, not very enlighting. He did not seem to know specifics about the position and did not probe much. It was basically a screening call /checklist run. The call took all about 20 mins. Second callback was a 1 on 1 -interviewer appeared slightly more technical but it seemd all HR based. Questions were about past experiences, how do i prepare for meetings, etc...

Interview Questions

• What PM methodology(ies) have garnered you the most Project success during your career?   1 Answer
    • What is your preferred PM tool?   2 Answers

Did not seem like acompany that provided Job security. W2 Pay but with the 1099 ICA risks and without the ICA $$.