Accenture

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and was called by a representative of the company that coordinated a date and time for a phone screen. If the phone screen is successfully passed, it is followed by several face-to-face, on-site interviews with managers, peers and other individuals.

Interview Question – The usual - What was your most unsuccessful project and why   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Interview Details – everything went smoothly. The only thing I could say is that the HR recruiter was very junior (new) and since I was interviewing for an analyst position then I guess the let her with me. She almost discarded me because I used different words for the answer she was looking for, fortunately a more senior recruiter jumped in.

Negotiation Details – you need to know your market value. If it is below, then ask "why" they are not giving you that amount. If the answer or the amount is unacceptable, move on; Accenture gives a lot, but demands a lot, so you need to be happy from the get-go.

Very Difficult Interview

Clifton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Last October a recruiter from Accenture contacted me for a position for project manager within Media, Communication & Technology division. Within a week, she arranged a behavioral interview. It seems Accenture has a team of professionals for this type of interview. It was roughly an hour interview. It is challenging but fun interview. I passed it. They came skills interview. Interviewer was an experience professional in the field. He asked me questions regarding PM methodologies as well as situations. I passed this interview as well. The last one was conformation interview. It was with a higher management personal. Great interview. He expected me to ask him some questions. I had a great conversation. After 3 weeks, I heard that I had passed all the interviews. Unfortunately I had accepted another offer by that time.

Interview Question – Be prepared for business cases type of questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had accepted another offer by that time. I wish I had waited.

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in December 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews: situation interview; skills interview and executive interview. Very detailed however the interviewer made me feel so comfortable and that made the interview relaxing.

Interview Question – 3 part questions.. You should write down the key points that help me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No..good offer

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2009.

Interview Details – There were serveral stages to the Accenture hiring process.

A. Initial recruiter interview
B. Skills interview
C. Situational interview
D. 1:1 interview with Senior Manager or Executive
E. Background check with hire-right

The total process took about 6 weeks. the process was thorough and this is why Accenture has top talent

Interview Question – Give examples of how you handle conflict resolution   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary and my advice to others is know your price going into the negotiations.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in September 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview was my first contact with Accenture. The interview was rushed, not very enlighting. He did not seem to know specifics about the position and did not probe much. It was basically a screening call /checklist run. The call took all about 20 mins. Second callback was a 1 on 1 -interviewer appeared slightly more technical but it seemd all HR based. Questions were about past experiences, how do i prepare for meetings, etc...

Interview Questions

• What PM methodology(ies) have garnered you the most Project success during your career?   View Answer
  • What is your preferred PM tool?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Did not seem like acompany that provided Job security. W2 Pay but with the 1099 ICA risks and without the ICA $$.

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Initially received an email notifying me of my selection for a telephone interview.
10 days later I received a phone call informing me that I had progressed to the next stage i.e. face to face interview.
The interview went well. It was thorough in an atmosphere was relaxed but professional. They went through my cv in great detail.

Interview Question – What do you consider to be the key challenges of using Agile methodology?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Screening and then Interview was scheduled but lot of delays and the communication process was very slow. Lost interest in the middle. The candidates interviewing doesnt have much experience. Didnt sound very professional. Interview went for long but not very convinced with the other person. Didint get much clarity on the role. Couldnt take a risk.

Reason for Declining – No clarity on role

Project Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2010.

Interview Details – Normally 3 rounds of interview, and the first round interview goes by telephone for general understanding and culture match, qualified candidates will come to the second round, where you may be interviewed by a senior manager level guy, questions are very straight-way in order to test whether you can get things done at the project manager level. The finally round will be conducted by some high level management like a managing director, just talking as usual.

Interview Question – Most difficult or unexpected questions could be what's your weakest point and how do you come across the biggest challenges ever met in your career life, and so on, and you are expected to answer those with detailed example, better already reflected in your resume.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – JD by an HR agent, 1st round by Junior HR, now awaiting second round by senior HR and operations

Interview Question – Nothing has come up as yet which is difficult   View Answer

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!