Accenture

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Very consistent interview process. Round 1 was an HR Phone Screen - 10 minute brief on company. Round 2 was a Behaviorial Interview lasting approximately 45 minutes. Also had a separate case study interview - 1 case study (only applicants to MC/Strategy receive this segment of the interview).

Round 3 was an on-site Superday consisting of learning about the company, meeting other recruits and having 2 separate interviews with Senior Management Team Memers

Interview Questions
    • I was unprepared for the case study question asked in Round 2   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate location but was refused quickly.

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

The first interview was a basic dissection of my resume by a recruiter. The second was a situational interview that lasted for 1 hour and was very in depth. The third and final round consisted of 4 interviews....the first with 2 current CFM's, the second with a specialist, the third with a manager, and the fourth with the head of the CFM program. All of the interviews from the final round except the specialist interview was just casual talking about Accenture....no one really referenced my resume in this round....Know about the company, why you want to work there, and read about current news.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2012.

Phone interview week 1, 2nd phone interview week 2, office visit for 2 final in-person interviews week 4, offer week 5

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Applied online for a management consulting position, was contacted ~3 months later asking whether I had any interest in Systems Integration as an alternative. Had three rounds of interviews-- initial phone screen (typical personality / fit type questions), a second situational interview (tell me about a time when...) and a third in-person interview which was a mix of the two (but a lot less formal than the second round). From what I've heard, if you make it to the in-person, you're virtually in. In terms of culture, everyone I spoke to seemed extremely nice and was more than willing to answer my questions / help me out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Position wasn't in line with my interests (I was more interested in management consulting), plus the location was non-negotiable, and I am looking to stay in NYC.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

A three step interview process after being reached out to via email. Applied through the career page.

First interview was to hear about my background and general personality (from what I could tell). Basic questions about my resume and previous experience. Was done by a recruiter over the phone and lasted 30 minutes max.

Second interview was the meat of the interview process. Asked about specific experiences, such as project management, dealing with troublesome coworkers, an example of a problem I encountered and what I did to overcome. Overall, the interviewer probed deeper than any other interviewer I had talked to. Made me recall past experiences and go into detail that I had never gone before. Note: be honest with your experiences, if they ask you about something you did in a situation you haven't done before, let them know you don't have an experience with that, but then give an example of something similar that highlights your abilities. Not sure the position of the interviewer, was conducted over the phone and lasted about 1.5 hours.

Third interview was an office visit. Consisted of a presentation led by 2 analysts and 2 consultants followed by one on one interviews with 2 different Senior Executives (one after the other). Was similar in style to second interview, but with many more chances to ask questions and connect with your interviewer. Presentation + Lunch + 2 interviews lasted about 4 hours.

First contact on 12/5/11, first phone interview 12/6/11, second phone interview 12/8/11, office visit 12/15/11, and offer on 12/16/11.

Interview Questions
    • Not a specific question, but the depth and detail that each question probed.   Answer Question
    Based on your degree, they are quite solid on their initial offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Applied through school and landed the first on-campus interview. They had current analysts there to greet you and answer general questions about the company. The earlier you come, the more time you get to engage in small talk with them. The actual interview was only about 20 minutes where where the interviewer asks very general questions about your history and your resume. Make sure you know your resume in and out to be able to discuss and describe your past projects/work experiences.

Got an email later that evening with confirmation for the second round interview which took place the following day. This time around, There was a Consultant that asked very detailed behavioral questions. [Make sure you prepare before hand for this. Most people fail to perform well in this style of interviews because their responses are vague. Always answer with specific examples and logically breakdown your actions.]

About a week later, received confirmation for a third round of interviews to take place the following week on-site. This round is more laid back compared to the tensed second round. Arrived at the site and met several other applicants (about 20). For about an hour, you and about four other applicants sit with a current analyst and talk about the company. [This is the time to ask company culture questions. Because these are analysts who are probably less than a year into the jobs, you can ask very "real" questions and expect to hear frank responses about their experiences in the company.] After, you sit through a 2 hour presentation about the company structure while being served lunch. Next, I was met by a Senior Executive who interviewed me for an hour. This was a mixture of behavioral and traditional interviews. Also be prepared to ask several questions. Then was interviewed by Senior manager with an identical interview structure as the previous one.
    [Basically, if you've made it to the third round, know that the company really likes you. To me it seemed that this round was just to make sure that you weren't weird and that you were competent. One thing I would say is that this round is mainly structured for you to ask as many questions as possible; prepare a list of questions (20+).]

A week and a few days later, I received a call from my main recruiter that I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a difficult problem and what steps you took to solve it.   View Answer
    • So, tell me about what you did at XYZ company? What did you like about it?   Answer Question
    Not really Negotiable. You are told earlier in the process that the offer is final for all entry level analysts.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Applied for the position through university career database via resume and transcript upload. Was invited for a resume breakdown and semi-behavioral interview, where they asked about the job and what I knew about the position and the company branch that I would be assigned to should I be given an offer. Was not invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • What interested you in Systems Integration?   Answer Question
    • What exactly does a Systems Integration Analyst do, in your opinion?   Answer Question

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in September 2011.

1st phone interview from recruiter, if I am willing to relocate, am I authorized to work in the US, etc
    2nd phone interview with someone from the team, asked about things in resume and asked technical questions
    3rd interview senior executive, same as 2nd phone interview
    4th brain teaser questions like the ones google, microsoft ask
    5th behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • technical questions were easy, just need to prepare for detailed questions on your resume   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

1. I applied on Monster
    2. Recruiter contacted me from Georgia-went over my resume and my interest in Accenture
    3. Recruiter sets me up with a situational interview-questions are asked such as "Tell me about a time where you had to build credibility" and "tell me about a time when you had to do deep financial analyses". These are examples of situational questions. The interviewer stated I did well and that I will hear back from the recruiter
    4. The recruiter responds via email to me with positive feedback and set me up with the team (Analyst, Specialist, Mgr) that same week.
    5. The team couldnt make that week so we rescheduled for another week.
    6. Interview finally scheduled
    7. Interview was 1:1 with Analyst, Specialist, and Mgr. Analyst was pretty basic. She wants to get you to summarize what you know about the role so that you are ready for the next interview going forward. You can ask questions. Specialist had behavioral questions, such as "tell me about a time when you worked on a budget". Some responses from the Specialist I got was "excellent response". Mgr meeting is next to determine what you know about the company. The manager i interviewed with, you may have a good rapport. He/she asks questions about what you know about Accenture, and just a dissection of your resume. It also seems as if he/she is picking your brain at this point. I felt as if questions were deviating from the role. Overall I felt the interview process was good.
    8. Contacted by recruiter to give feedback. Ill just leave it at that lol..

Accenture seems to commonly choose people right out of college. As I looked around, i noticed people much younger than me at the Analyst level. That, and they start EVERYONE at an Analyst level so be ready to start off at 50k per annum and dont think about negotiating. Just be mindful of this, they recruit from college and if you are not from this range, you may not be a great cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • How would you maintain profitability at a top end. How would you maintain profitability for your company at a low end?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

1st step in the process was the phone recruitment. The HR person goes into detail, asking about your resume, and why you would be a great fit for Accenture. If you pass that then you move onto the,

2nd step which was a skills interview with one of the higher ups. The person basically talks about the position at hand, and asks what you could bring to the table given your previous experience. This lasted about an hour.

The 3rd step, and probably the hardest, was the behavior interview. Best way to prepare for this is to research questions. None of them were tricky (probably because I prepared beforehand), but this is the toughest part of the interview. I was later told, this is what they use to weed out most of the applicants for the position. So do your best and prepare for it.

4th and final step, was two face to face interviews. One with a senior manager, and another with someone else on the team you'd be working with. Pretty simple, straight forward questions. To me this 4th interview just seemed like a way for the team to meet you and make sure you didn't come across as some nutjob. Like I stated before, if you pass the behavioral interview, I think you have a fantastic shot at securing the job.

HR contacted me 4 business days later and made me an offer.

Overall a tremendous experience. Everything was straightforward, and the woman at HR who helped me was delightful. She called me after every step, and made sure to accommodate me the best she could.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you got into a conflict with a co-worker. What was the problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question