Accenture Interview Questions in Reston, VA

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in March 2009.

Mainly a behavioral interview consisting of about an hour of discussion and question and answer. Be ready to give examples abut yourself and what you have done. Practice speech and behavioral flaws. Do not say like, uh, or look away. Keep good eye contact and speak slowly and confidently and it will serve you well.

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in August 2010.

Well managed, structured interview process consisting of initial phone interview, on-site panel interviews; one on one interview with hiring manager; and a personality screening consisting of a series of questions designed to indicate to Accenture management whether a candidate posesses certain qualitites that would make them a good fit in the position and Accenture culture (e.g., interpersonal skills, working style, leadership abilities, problem-solving, temperament, performance under pressure, etc).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were required to make a difficult decision where you did not have a clear set of guidelines / policies on how to deal with that decision. What was the situation? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • What’s the most complex project you’ve had to organize? Describe the project and what you did to organize it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were confronted by extremely tight deadlines to get something done, What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you disagreed with the decision of a superior, and how did you handle that situation. Describe the situation, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

I had a choice between two offers and declined Accenture because... have you ever seen George Clooney in the movie, "Up In the Air?"

That is what I'm told life is like at the Accentures of the world.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

A three step interview process after being reached out to via email. Applied through the career page.

First interview was to hear about my background and general personality (from what I could tell). Basic questions about my resume and previous experience. Was done by a recruiter over the phone and lasted 30 minutes max.

Second interview was the meat of the interview process. Asked about specific experiences, such as project management, dealing with troublesome coworkers, an example of a problem I encountered and what I did to overcome. Overall, the interviewer probed deeper than any other interviewer I had talked to. Made me recall past experiences and go into detail that I had never gone before. Note: be honest with your experiences, if they ask you about something you did in a situation you haven't done before, let them know you don't have an experience with that, but then give an example of something similar that highlights your abilities. Not sure the position of the interviewer, was conducted over the phone and lasted about 1.5 hours.

Third interview was an office visit. Consisted of a presentation led by 2 analysts and 2 consultants followed by one on one interviews with 2 different Senior Executives (one after the other). Was similar in style to second interview, but with many more chances to ask questions and connect with your interviewer. Presentation + Lunch + 2 interviews lasted about 4 hours.

First contact on 12/5/11, first phone interview 12/6/11, second phone interview 12/8/11, office visit 12/15/11, and offer on 12/16/11.

Interview Questions
    • Not a specific question, but the depth and detail that each question probed.   Answer Question
    Based on your degree, they are quite solid on their initial offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Accenture used to use several rounds of interviews (I had 7). We've since cut the process down to 2-4 interviews. You generally meet with a screener (phone) and then 2-3 executives who would be in your functional or market leadership chain.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a boss who made a decision with which you disagreed.   Answer Question
    No negotiation :-)

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Very consistent interview process. Round 1 was an HR Phone Screen - 10 minute brief on company. Round 2 was a Behaviorial Interview lasting approximately 45 minutes. Also had a separate case study interview - 1 case study (only applicants to MC/Strategy receive this segment of the interview).

Round 3 was an on-site Superday consisting of learning about the company, meeting other recruits and having 2 separate interviews with Senior Management Team Memers

Interview Questions
    • I was unprepared for the case study question asked in Round 2   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate location but was refused quickly.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

Very structures process. Screening interview; Behavioral interview (or 2); Office visit (behavioral or technical interview). Accenture has a good understanding of the competencies that make people successful, and they look for previous experience in demonstrating those competencies.

Interview Questions
    • Time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or client. How did you handle it, what did YOU do.   View Answers (2)

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Applied for the position through university career database via resume and transcript upload. Was invited for a resume breakdown and semi-behavioral interview, where they asked about the job and what I knew about the position and the company branch that I would be assigned to should I be given an offer. Was not invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • What interested you in Systems Integration?   Answer Question
    • What exactly does a Systems Integration Analyst do, in your opinion?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Applied through school and landed the first on-campus interview. They had current analysts there to greet you and answer general questions about the company. The earlier you come, the more time you get to engage in small talk with them. The actual interview was only about 20 minutes where where the interviewer asks very general questions about your history and your resume. Make sure you know your resume in and out to be able to discuss and describe your past projects/work experiences.

Got an email later that evening with confirmation for the second round interview which took place the following day. This time around, There was a Consultant that asked very detailed behavioral questions. [Make sure you prepare before hand for this. Most people fail to perform well in this style of interviews because their responses are vague. Always answer with specific examples and logically breakdown your actions.]

About a week later, received confirmation for a third round of interviews to take place the following week on-site. This round is more laid back compared to the tensed second round. Arrived at the site and met several other applicants (about 20). For about an hour, you and about four other applicants sit with a current analyst and talk about the company. [This is the time to ask company culture questions. Because these are analysts who are probably less than a year into the jobs, you can ask very "real" questions and expect to hear frank responses about their experiences in the company.] After, you sit through a 2 hour presentation about the company structure while being served lunch. Next, I was met by a Senior Executive who interviewed me for an hour. This was a mixture of behavioral and traditional interviews. Also be prepared to ask several questions. Then was interviewed by Senior manager with an identical interview structure as the previous one.
    [Basically, if you've made it to the third round, know that the company really likes you. To me it seemed that this round was just to make sure that you weren't weird and that you were competent. One thing I would say is that this round is mainly structured for you to ask as many questions as possible; prepare a list of questions (20+).]

A week and a few days later, I received a call from my main recruiter that I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a difficult problem and what steps you took to solve it.   View Answer
    • So, tell me about what you did at XYZ company? What did you like about it?   Answer Question
    Not really Negotiable. You are told earlier in the process that the offer is final for all entry level analysts.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2012.

Phone interview week 1, 2nd phone interview week 2, office visit for 2 final in-person interviews week 4, offer week 5

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Applied online for a management consulting position, was contacted ~3 months later asking whether I had any interest in Systems Integration as an alternative. Had three rounds of interviews-- initial phone screen (typical personality / fit type questions), a second situational interview (tell me about a time when...) and a third in-person interview which was a mix of the two (but a lot less formal than the second round). From what I've heard, if you make it to the in-person, you're virtually in. In terms of culture, everyone I spoke to seemed extremely nice and was more than willing to answer my questions / help me out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Position wasn't in line with my interests (I was more interested in management consulting), plus the location was non-negotiable, and I am looking to stay in NYC.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!