Accenture

44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Easy Interview

IT Strategy Consulting Interview

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

Interview Details – This was the initial screening interview. I was asked why I was interested in this particular position. I was asked about my skill sets. I was asked to describe certain situations and past projects.

The interviewer explained the entire 6-step selection process and told me about the company and benefits.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Technology Consulting Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

Interview Details – The people at Accenture are very friendly and like to meet others like themselves. My interviews involved describing what I have gained from previous experiences in engineering projects. They want positive, persistent team members. The ability to communicate effectively and function with a team with low to moderate contact is probably the most vital strength.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult challenge you've had to overcome (school, work, life... etc)   View Answer
  • How do you expect your experiences at Accenture to affect the direction of your future?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1st step in the process was the phone recruitment. The HR person goes into detail, asking about your resume, and why you would be a great fit for Accenture. If you pass that then you move onto the,

2nd step which was a skills interview with one of the higher ups. The person basically talks about the position at hand, and asks what you could bring to the table given your previous experience. This lasted about an hour.

The 3rd step, and probably the hardest, was the behavior interview. Best way to prepare for this is to research questions. None of them were tricky (probably because I prepared beforehand), but this is the toughest part of the interview. I was later told, this is what they use to weed out most of the applicants for the position. So do your best and prepare for it.

4th and final step, was two face to face interviews. One with a senior manager, and another with someone else on the team you'd be working with. Pretty simple, straight forward questions. To me this 4th interview just seemed like a way for the team to meet you and make sure you didn't come across as some nutjob. Like I stated before, if you pass the behavioral interview, I think you have a fantastic shot at securing the job.

HR contacted me 4 business days later and made me an offer.

Overall a tremendous experience. Everything was straightforward, and the woman at HR who helped me was delightful. She called me after every step, and made sure to accommodate me the best she could.

Interview Question – Name a time you got into a conflict with a co-worker. What was the problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was easy at first, but then the interviews became tricky. I feel that they base their interviews based on what they find in the behavioral interviews rather than the skills-based interviews. If they want you, they hire you immediately. If they don't, prepare to wait, and wait, and wait.

Interview Question – What was your favorite course? Why?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – Received the initial HR phone screen which consisted of going over my resume and asking about my career goals. The HR rep scheduled me for a in person interview at their local office. I went in for my in person interview and was impressed by the great looking building and well dressed employees. The interview itself was slightly confusing. I was asked zero technical questions and was asked instead about presentation skills, customer interaction and working on proposals. When asked what I wanted to do I explained I wanted a technical IT position, I was told I would be doing very little of that. They seemed more focused on social interaction and looks rather than technical competency.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you with giving presentations?   View Answer

Change Management Analyst Interview

Reston, VA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Interview Details – Passed the initial screening, skills test (phone interviews) and got invited to the onsite final interviews in NYC. Met with two managers and everything went well. The next monday I got notified by the recruiter that they are starting the background check process with me, which is all a very good sign. Then two weeks with no response from the HR after I submitted the required documents. After I followed up with her twice, she finally called me back and said they were moving forward with another candidate. When I asked her for any feedback, she said she doesn't have any. I'm pretty sure it was because of my visa status (H1B), but I have shared the information with the recruiter from the very beginning, and they let me go through the entire process and decided not to go with it. So overall, I had a good experience with all the hiring managers, but the recruiter did a horrible job.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for this department at Accenture?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consists of 3 parts:

Pre-screening in-person interview at my school

Behavioral interview: Reasonably easy questions, give a situation where you resolved a conflict, give a situation where you were in a position of leadership, give a situation where you managed a lot of data

On site interview: a few more candidacy questions, but a friendly environment

Cyber Security Interview

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview from recruiter, if I am willing to relocate, am I authorized to work in the US, etc
2nd phone interview with someone from the team, asked about things in resume and asked technical questions
3rd interview senior executive, same as 2nd phone interview
4th brain teaser questions like the ones google, microsoft ask
5th behavioral interview

Interview Question – technical questions were easy, just need to prepare for detailed questions on your resume   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview first. Followed by timed 40 Question test via internet. Upon successful completion of test, offer to interview in person. Offer was made a few days after in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – I posted my resume online but wasn't contacted until I was referred by an employee. The process was about 3 weeks total. I had a phone interview with HR about why Accenture, what do you find interesting about Accenture?

Then I had an interview with a current Manager and that was focused more on "tell me about a time when..." .

The final round was face to face with two partners and they had more of a case interview style.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a project was behind schedule   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Accenture presented a very fair and generous offer. You are ableto provide input before they make the formal offer so you can essentially define it beforehand.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture interview questions and advice in Reston, VA. All 44 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.