Accenture

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Strategy Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

This was the initial screening interview. I was asked why I was interested in this particular position. I was asked about my skill sets. I was asked to describe certain situations and past projects.

The interviewer explained the entire 6-step selection process and told me about the company and benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position?   View Answer

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

The people at Accenture are very friendly and like to meet others like themselves. My interviews involved describing what I have gained from previous experiences in engineering projects. They want positive, persistent team members. The ability to communicate effectively and function with a team with low to moderate contact is probably the most vital strength.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult challenge you've had to overcome (school, work, life... etc)   View Answer
    • How do you expect your experiences at Accenture to affect the direction of your future?   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

It was easy at first, but then the interviews became tricky. I feel that they base their interviews based on what they find in the behavioral interviews rather than the skills-based interviews. If they want you, they hire you immediately. If they don't, prepare to wait, and wait, and wait.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Received the initial HR phone screen which consisted of going over my resume and asking about my career goals. The HR rep scheduled me for a in person interview at their local office. I went in for my in person interview and was impressed by the great looking building and well dressed employees. The interview itself was slightly confusing. I was asked zero technical questions and was asked instead about presentation skills, customer interaction and working on proposals. When asked what I wanted to do I explained I wanted a technical IT position, I was told I would be doing very little of that. They seemed more focused on social interaction and looks rather than technical competency.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you with giving presentations?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

1st step in the process was the phone recruitment. The HR person goes into detail, asking about your resume, and why you would be a great fit for Accenture. If you pass that then you move onto the,

2nd step which was a skills interview with one of the higher ups. The person basically talks about the position at hand, and asks what you could bring to the table given your previous experience. This lasted about an hour.

The 3rd step, and probably the hardest, was the behavior interview. Best way to prepare for this is to research questions. None of them were tricky (probably because I prepared beforehand), but this is the toughest part of the interview. I was later told, this is what they use to weed out most of the applicants for the position. So do your best and prepare for it.

4th and final step, was two face to face interviews. One with a senior manager, and another with someone else on the team you'd be working with. Pretty simple, straight forward questions. To me this 4th interview just seemed like a way for the team to meet you and make sure you didn't come across as some nutjob. Like I stated before, if you pass the behavioral interview, I think you have a fantastic shot at securing the job.

HR contacted me 4 business days later and made me an offer.

Overall a tremendous experience. Everything was straightforward, and the woman at HR who helped me was delightful. She called me after every step, and made sure to accommodate me the best she could.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you got into a conflict with a co-worker. What was the problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Submitted online and received a phone interview, then was invited to interview as a group in the office.

was offered a sign-in bonus at the start, didn't know you can actually negotiate higher on sign-on bonus. Attempted to get higher salary instead.

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in September 2011.

1st phone interview from recruiter, if I am willing to relocate, am I authorized to work in the US, etc
    2nd phone interview with someone from the team, asked about things in resume and asked technical questions
    3rd interview senior executive, same as 2nd phone interview
    4th brain teaser questions like the ones google, microsoft ask
    5th behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • technical questions were easy, just need to prepare for detailed questions on your resume   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

The interview consists of 3 parts:

Pre-screening in-person interview at my school

Behavioral interview: Reasonably easy questions, give a situation where you resolved a conflict, give a situation where you were in a position of leadership, give a situation where you managed a lot of data

On site interview: a few more candidacy questions, but a friendly environment

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accenture in May 2010.

Phone interview first. Followed by timed 40 Question test via internet. Upon successful completion of test, offer to interview in person. Offer was made a few days after in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Is there a time where you've really struggled with something, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe Polymorphism   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate

Change Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Passed the initial screening, skills test (phone interviews) and got invited to the onsite final interviews in NYC. Met with two managers and everything went well. The next monday I got notified by the recruiter that they are starting the background check process with me, which is all a very good sign. Then two weeks with no response from the HR after I submitted the required documents. After I followed up with her twice, she finally called me back and said they were moving forward with another candidate. When I asked her for any feedback, she said she doesn't have any. I'm pretty sure it was because of my visa status (H1B), but I have shared the information with the recruiter from the very beginning, and they let me go through the entire process and decided not to go with it. So overall, I had a good experience with all the hiring managers, but the recruiter did a horrible job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for this department at Accenture?   Answer Question