Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
Reston, VA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview week 1, 2nd phone interview week 2, office visit for 2 final in-person interviews week 4, offer week 5

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for the position through university career database via resume and transcript upload. Was invited for a resume breakdown and semi-behavioral interview, where they asked about the job and what I knew about the position and the company branch that I would be assigned to should I be given an offer. Was not invited for an on-site interview.

Cyber Security Interview

Cyber Security
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview from recruiter, if I am willing to relocate, am I authorized to work in the US, etc
2nd phone interview with someone from the team, asked about things in resume and asked technical questions
3rd interview senior executive, same as 2nd phone interview
4th brain teaser questions like the ones google, microsoft ask
5th behavioral interview

Interview Question – technical questions were easy, just need to prepare for detailed questions on your resume   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1st step in the process was the phone recruitment. The HR person goes into detail, asking about your resume, and why you would be a great fit for Accenture. If you pass that then you move onto the,

2nd step which was a skills interview with one of the higher ups. The person basically talks about the position at hand, and asks what you could bring to the table given your previous experience. This lasted about an hour.

The 3rd step, and probably the hardest, was the behavior interview. Best way to prepare for this is to research questions. None of them were tricky (probably because I prepared beforehand), but this is the toughest part of the interview. I was later told, this is what they use to weed out most of the applicants for the position. So do your best and prepare for it.

4th and final step, was two face to face interviews. One with a senior manager, and another with someone else on the team you'd be working with. Pretty simple, straight forward questions. To me this 4th interview just seemed like a way for the team to meet you and make sure you didn't come across as some nutjob. Like I stated before, if you pass the behavioral interview, I think you have a fantastic shot at securing the job.

HR contacted me 4 business days later and made me an offer.

Overall a tremendous experience. Everything was straightforward, and the woman at HR who helped me was delightful. She called me after every step, and made sure to accommodate me the best she could.

Interview Question – Name a time you got into a conflict with a co-worker. What was the problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted online and received a phone interview, then was invited to interview as a group in the office.

Negotiation Details – was offered a sign-in bonus at the start, didn't know you can actually negotiate higher on sign-on bonus. Attempted to get higher salary instead.

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Client Financial Management Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1. I applied on Monster
2. Recruiter contacted me from Georgia-went over my resume and my interest in Accenture
3. Recruiter sets me up with a situational interview-questions are asked such as "Tell me about a time where you had to build credibility" and "tell me about a time when you had to do deep financial analyses". These are examples of situational questions. The interviewer stated I did well and that I will hear back from the recruiter
4. The recruiter responds via email to me with positive feedback and set me up with the team (Analyst, Specialist, Mgr) that same week.
5. The team couldnt make that week so we rescheduled for another week.
6. Interview finally scheduled
7. Interview was 1:1 with Analyst, Specialist, and Mgr. Analyst was pretty basic. She wants to get you to summarize what you know about the role so that you are ready for the next interview going forward. You can ask questions. Specialist had behavioral questions, such as "tell me about a time when you worked on a budget". Some responses from the Specialist I got was "excellent response". Mgr meeting is next to determine what you know about the company. The manager i interviewed with, you may have a good rapport. He/she asks questions about what you know about Accenture, and just a dissection of your resume. It also seems as if he/she is picking your brain at this point. I felt as if questions were deviating from the role. Overall I felt the interview process was good.
8. Contacted by recruiter to give feedback. Ill just leave it at that lol..

Accenture seems to commonly choose people right out of college. As I looked around, i noticed people much younger than me at the Analyst level. That, and they start EVERYONE at an Analyst level so be ready to start off at 50k per annum and dont think about negotiating. Just be mindful of this, they recruit from college and if you are not from this range, you may not be a great cultural fit.

Interview Question – How would you maintain profitability at a top end. How would you maintain profitability for your company at a low end?   View Answer

Contracts Interview

Contracts
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in August 2010.

Interview Details – Well managed, structured interview process consisting of initial phone interview, on-site panel interviews; one on one interview with hiring manager; and a personality screening consisting of a series of questions designed to indicate to Accenture management whether a candidate posesses certain qualitites that would make them a good fit in the position and Accenture culture (e.g., interpersonal skills, working style, leadership abilities, problem-solving, temperament, performance under pressure, etc).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were required to make a difficult decision where you did not have a clear set of guidelines / policies on how to deal with that decision. What was the situation? What did you do?   Answer Question
  • What’s the most complex project you’ve had to organize? Describe the project and what you did to organize it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you were confronted by extremely tight deadlines to get something done, What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation where you disagreed with the decision of a superior, and how did you handle that situation. Describe the situation, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a choice between two offers and declined Accenture because... have you ever seen George Clooney in the movie, "Up In the Air?"

That is what I'm told life is like at the Accentures of the world.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was easy at first, but then the interviews became tricky. I feel that they base their interviews based on what they find in the behavioral interviews rather than the skills-based interviews. If they want you, they hire you immediately. If they don't, prepare to wait, and wait, and wait.

Interview Question – What was your favorite course? Why?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Technology Consulting Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

Interview Details – The people at Accenture are very friendly and like to meet others like themselves. My interviews involved describing what I have gained from previous experiences in engineering projects. They want positive, persistent team members. The ability to communicate effectively and function with a team with low to moderate contact is probably the most vital strength.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult challenge you've had to overcome (school, work, life... etc)   View Answer
  • How do you expect your experiences at Accenture to affect the direction of your future?   View Answer

Entry Level Technology Consultant Analyst Interview

Entry Level Technology Consultant Analyst
Reston, VA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the entry level postion as a technology consultant analyst and within a couple of days of applying I got an email from a recruiter asking for me to give her a timeframe to call me back and discuss the position. I replied and within the next few days I got a call back whihc was real simple and basic, we basically went over about the company and a little bit about the postion available. She said that the interview process was going to be a three step process.

The 1st interview (phone call), was pretty relatively easy, we basically went over my resume and she asked specific questions about it. If you know your resume inside out you should alright. Other questions were realted to any extra curricular activities and things of that nature. A few days after this interview I got a phone call from the recruiter and she said that we would be moving onto the next step.

The 2nd interview (phone call), was the situational/personality part of the process. This interview took about an hour and probably was the most difficult. Just stay calm and answer the questions and you will be fine. Questions ranged from: asking about a time I was rushed for time or tell me a time you worked as a team leader and who did you manage time. It's not as bad as people say. The interviewer was real nice and she took her time, overall good experience. A few days after this interview I got another call from the recruiter who said that I did well and I was moving to the next step.

The 3rd interview (flew me to Reston), this is the last step of the interview process. They flew to Reston for this and set me up in a hotel and stuff. The interview started with a powerpoint presentation with an excecutive. It was real realxed, we were actually having breakfast as he was presenting. The next part dealt with 2, 1:1 interviews. One was the an executive in the specific field and the other was just with a general executive. Both were great to talk to and very welcoming, this was very non-intimidating. Basic questions about resume and personality. Each lasted for 45 minutes. They basically wan to get to know you here.

4 days after the 3rd interview, (not counitng weekends), the recruiter called and said that she was extending an offer and that the specific office that would be hiring me would call me the day after and talk about salary, start date, and other logistics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were rushed for time.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you worked as a leader and how did you manage that specific team   Answer Question