Accenture Interview Questions & Reviews in Reston, VA

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Level Technology Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

I applied for the entry level postion as a technology consultant analyst and within a couple of days of applying I got an email from a recruiter asking for me to give her a timeframe to call me back and discuss the position. I replied and within the next few days I got a call back whihc was real simple and basic, we basically went over about the company and a little bit about the postion available. She said that the interview process was going to be a three step process.

The 1st interview (phone call), was pretty relatively easy, we basically went over my resume and she asked specific questions about it. If you know your resume inside out you should alright. Other questions were realted to any extra curricular activities and things of that nature. A few days after this interview I got a phone call from the recruiter and she said that we would be moving onto the next step.

The 2nd interview (phone call), was the situational/personality part of the process. This interview took about an hour and probably was the most difficult. Just stay calm and answer the questions and you will be fine. Questions ranged from: asking about a time I was rushed for time or tell me a time you worked as a team leader and who did you manage time. It's not as bad as people say. The interviewer was real nice and she took her time, overall good experience. A few days after this interview I got another call from the recruiter who said that I did well and I was moving to the next step.

The 3rd interview (flew me to Reston), this is the last step of the interview process. They flew to Reston for this and set me up in a hotel and stuff. The interview started with a powerpoint presentation with an excecutive. It was real realxed, we were actually having breakfast as he was presenting. The next part dealt with 2, 1:1 interviews. One was the an executive in the specific field and the other was just with a general executive. Both were great to talk to and very welcoming, this was very non-intimidating. Basic questions about resume and personality. Each lasted for 45 minutes. They basically wan to get to know you here.

4 days after the 3rd interview, (not counitng weekends), the recruiter called and said that she was extending an offer and that the specific office that would be hiring me would call me the day after and talk about salary, start date, and other logistics.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you were rushed for time.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked as a leader and how did you manage that specific team   Answer Question

Cybersecurity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2011.

A friend of the family worked at Accenture, and volunteered to recommend me for an open position. Within a week of applying/recommendation, I received an email from a corporate recruiter. She asked to schedule a time for an initial phone interview, which covered my resume, work history and education. It lasted approximately half an hour. She then told me that a technical interview and a situational interview would need to be done via phone. It took approximately a week to proceed from the initial interview through the other two.

The situational interview was very involved. It took about 45 minutes, and consisted of two questions. The first was "Tell me about a time where you had a problem to solve, and how did you solve it?" The second was "Tell me about a time where you had to establish credibility with someone?" After I responded, the interviewer had several detailed questions about my response, diving into the details of my answer.

The technical interview was similar, about 45 minutes long and consisted of some questions about standards and practices as well as one like "What is the first thing you would do when attempting to secure a client's wireless network?"

About a week after the technical interview I received a call asking about scheduling a confirming interview. This one was in person, and they were quite flexible about where to meet me. I met with the individual in charge of the particular unit I was applying to. He only asked me one interview question ("Tell me about your current job"), and spent the rest of the time talking about the corporate culture and what type of work they did.

The following week (3-4 business days following), I received word that I would be receiving an offer, which I had to verbally accept, then they would send me a formal written offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to establish credibility with someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to solve a problem, and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    The offer was presented final. It was more than fair, and I was happy to accept. Admittedly, I had read before on here that generally negotiation was not an option with Accenture. I had planned on asking for a signing bonus as my negotiation strategy, but they offered one to start with!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

I first had a phone screening with a recruiter and was then scheduled for another phone interview which lasted for 1 hour. I made the final round and flew out to the office and met with 4 different people (from each stage of the position) and the total time at the office lasted 4 hours. The questions asked varied from behavioral to technical.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

I applied to Accenture online. A couple of week later I received an email from the recruiter asking if I was interested in an interview with the System Integration Group.

The first round interview was a screening interview over the phone with a manager/consultant. Basically, you just simply go over your resume and experiences. I guess the best advice I can give you is know your resume. Be prepared for the question, "Can you run through your resume for me?" Funny enough, this sounds very straight forward, but it is a good idea to work on creating a narrative for your resume in preparation for this round. The interview lasts 20-30 minutes. The person will ask you a few quick questions about yourself, and probably talk about his/her experience with the company. There are a few minutes for your questions, so think about a thing or two you'd like to ask. This round really is meant to see if you are who your resume says you are. At the end of the interview, the interviewer told me that I would hear back from my recruiter in 5 to 7 business days.

About 5 days later, I received a phone call from the recruiter telling me I had made it to the second round. The recruiter sent my information to the Accenture Interview Scheduling department, who emailed me a couple days afterward to set up an interview time.

The second round interview is a "situational" or behavioral interview done over the phone with another manager/consultant. The person who interviewed me had been with the company for over 10 years. This is the interview that many say is the most important, and I tend to agree with that assessment. Basically you get two or three questions asked about your work or school experience i.e. "Tell me about a time..." This interview was pretty structured and the interviewer was very business-like. The questions I received were "Tell me about a difficult project you have been on?”,"Tell me about a time you have had to work with a difficult coworker." "Tell me about a time when you had a lot on your plate, how did you manage?" With these questions the interviewer asked follow up questions based on your answers. Make sure you good examples in mind for particular questions. I went online and looked up common behavioral questions, as well looked at this website. There is actually an interview app for your phone that is pretty helpful. Take some time to think about these questions and possible answers that relate to your work or academic experience. Always be prepared for the why Accenture question, which will be asked by every interviewer. This interview went pretty well, but don't be shocked if the interviewer does not give you any hints about how you did, because like I said my particular interviewer was very professional and business-like. The interview only lasted 35 minutes. Again, there was time for my questions. The interviewer let me know that my recruiter would contact me in 3 to 5 business days.

Three days later, my recruiter called me and let me know that I had made to the final round. The final round is an in-office interview and consists of a presentation by a group of young analysts and consultants about working for Accenture. During the presentation an HR rep will come in and talk to you about benefits. It is common to have a small group of candidates with you during this half-day affair. After the presentation, you are taken for two 1-1 interviews with managers/senior managers. Both interviews were situational/behavioral interviews but definitely more laid back and personable. They asked similar questions to the ones I had in the second round. I enjoyed this round a lot more than the second round because of the fact that I was actually talking to somebody face to face. A good question for you to think about is "Tell me about a time you made a decision that was the wrong one to make or the outcome wasnt as positive." Thats a good one to think about, because it could definitely catch you off guard. The managers were really pleasant and easy to talk to. They were willing to talk about their experiences both positive and negative, and I felt that I got a lot out of the interview. Ask questions. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would hear back in a couple of weeks.

Luckily, a couple of days later I heard back from the recruiter, who told me that Accenture wanted to extend me an offer. I accepted the offer a couple of days later.

My best advice for this interview process is to do good research. Go on Accenture's website, read the CEO's remarks, learn about the values and how they do business. Think about how you fit in and try to convey that message during the interview. Go online and look up common behavioral interview questions and think about how you would answer those questions. Relax and show confidence. This is a great opportunity and I am very happy to have this chance. Good luck with your interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why Accenture   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult project you have been on   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have had to work with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a lot on your plate, how did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision that was the wrong one to make or the outcome wasn't as positive as you'd like.   Answer Question
    Deal was very fair based on experience/location/school

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

spoke with a recruiter by phone about my resume, my experience, and the position as a CFM. I was then referred to the next steps of the interview process which was a situational phone interview and an in-person interview at the Reston office. The in-person interviews were scheduled first. I met with 5 Accenture employees-an analyst, a specialist, 2 managers, and a senior manager. Each interviewer asked about my knowledge about the company and what I know about the position as a CFM. I was also asked basic interview questions.
    The situational phone interview unfortunately was my downfall. I thought I did my best in answering the questions but the Accenture employee didn't like my answers even though I reiterated the same answers with the in-person interviewers. Advice: be very specific and supplement your answer with an example/experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation in which you had to build credibility for a supervisor, boss, or co-worker? (one of the situational phone interview questions); Tell me a situation about a recent accomplishment ( be very detailed and explain how you accomplished it); Tell me a situation in which you accomplished a significant task in which you did not work with the people in your team   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

The interview process was really interactive and there was a case during each of the three stages. The final round was an on-site visit with lunch, a presentation, and 2 final interviews. All of the interviewers were very friendly and personable. Overall, it was a great experience.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

After applying online through my campus recruiting, I got my first interview. It started as a meet and greet in a waiting room with 4 DC analysts. They were all friendly, although I felt awkward trying to make conversation, while still trying to prep for my interview. Then my interview began in a separate room, with a Senior Executive from the DC office. He was intimidating at first, but became more friendly by the end, as I asked him more questions about himself. This was a basic resume interview. That night I got an email saying I was invited back for a second round the following day. This interview started the same way with the waiting room. This interviewer was much more casual (a consultant) and less intimidating. He gave me a behavioral interview, which went pretty much as expected. I received a call with my offer a month or so later.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a hard time for you personally. How did it affect your work life, and how did you cope with the problem? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I didn't attempt to negotiate. They gave me 2 weeks to accept.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

I'm applying for an experienced hire position and this was the first of the 3 interviews. It consisted of background information about the company and a discussion of my skills / experience as they applied to the job requirements. It was very informal and in this case lasted almost 2 hours. Typically they last about an hour. The next interview in the hiring process is the situational interview.

Interview Questions
    • Translating my background and experience into examples that supported the requirements of the new job   Answer Question

Change Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Passed the initial screening, skills test (phone interviews) and got invited to the onsite final interviews in NYC. Met with two managers and everything went well. The next monday I got notified by the recruiter that they are starting the background check process with me, which is all a very good sign. Then two weeks with no response from the HR after I submitted the required documents. After I followed up with her twice, she finally called me back and said they were moving forward with another candidate. When I asked her for any feedback, she said she doesn't have any. I'm pretty sure it was because of my visa status (H1B), but I have shared the information with the recruiter from the very beginning, and they let me go through the entire process and decided not to go with it. So overall, I had a good experience with all the hiring managers, but the recruiter did a horrible job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for this department at Accenture?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

I posted my resume online but wasn't contacted until I was referred by an employee. The process was about 3 weeks total. I had a phone interview with HR about why Accenture, what do you find interesting about Accenture?

Then I had an interview with a current Manager and that was focused more on "tell me about a time when..." .

The final round was face to face with two partners and they had more of a case interview style.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a project was behind schedule   View Answer
    Accenture presented a very fair and generous offer. You are ableto provide input before they make the formal offer so you can essentially define it beforehand.