Accenture Interview Questions in Reston, VA

2.8

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Well managed, structured interview process consisting of initial phone interview, on-site panel interviews; one on one interview with hiring manager; and a personality screening consisting of a series of questions designed to indicate to Accenture management whether a candidate posesses certain qualitites that would make them a good fit in the position and Accenture culture (e.g., interpersonal skills, working style, leadership abilities, problem-solving, temperament, performance under pressure, etc).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were required to make a difficult decision where you did not have a clear set of guidelines / policies on how to deal with that decision. What was the situation? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • What’s the most complex project you’ve had to organize? Describe the project and what you did to organize it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were confronted by extremely tight deadlines to get something done, What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you disagreed with the decision of a superior, and how did you handle that situation. Describe the situation, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

I had a choice between two offers and declined Accenture because... have you ever seen George Clooney in the movie, "Up In the Air?"

That is what I'm told life is like at the Accentures of the world.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

I'm applying for an experienced hire position and this was the first of the 3 interviews. It consisted of background information about the company and a discussion of my skills / experience as they applied to the job requirements. It was very informal and in this case lasted almost 2 hours. Typically they last about an hour. The next interview in the hiring process is the situational interview.

Interview Questions

• Translating my background and experience into examples that supported the requirements of the new job   Answer Question

Change Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Passed the initial screening, skills test (phone interviews) and got invited to the onsite final interviews in NYC. Met with two managers and everything went well. The next monday I got notified by the recruiter that they are starting the background check process with me, which is all a very good sign. Then two weeks with no response from the HR after I submitted the required documents. After I followed up with her twice, she finally called me back and said they were moving forward with another candidate. When I asked her for any feedback, she said she doesn't have any. I'm pretty sure it was because of my visa status (H1B), but I have shared the information with the recruiter from the very beginning, and they let me go through the entire process and decided not to go with it. So overall, I had a good experience with all the hiring managers, but the recruiter did a horrible job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for this department at Accenture?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online and went through an initial phone screening. Second round interview was also over the phone and consisted 4 situational questions. The final step of the process was a live interview at the office where you meet with 4 other employees (analyst, specialist, manager, and senior manager). Live interview lasted roughly 3-4 hours mainly going through your resume, although one was another situational interview, giving examples to five scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to solved a complex problem using a structured problem-solving process.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone interview first. Followed by timed 40 Question test via internet. Upon successful completion of test, offer to interview in person. Offer was made a few days after in person interview

Interview Questions

• Is there a time where you've really struggled with something, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe Polymorphism   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied for a consulting analyst position online. A recruiter emailed the following day requesting a follow up interview. The interview was okay and it lasted about an hour. We talked about my background and he wanted to make sure that I met the basic qualifications for the position. He talked about the interview process: 4 interviews total - first with recruiter, two at the site (one skills based, one with a manager), and one with a senior executive. If you make it to the senior executive interview, the job is yours to lose. He also talked about potential salary which made me uncomfortable. He gave me this long diatribe about how they would justify my salary. I didn't like this because I thought I would be pigeon holed into a certain salary. Either way, he told me that I was qualified and he would be forwarding my information on to the next series of interviews.

The second set of interviews was at the site in Reston. The interview day is called a "Career Invitational." I was there with lots of other people, and it was a little tense. Most of the other interviewers had flown in from around the country. I had two back to back interviews scheduled that day. My interviewer was late to the interview, and I was the only interviewee waiting around. The first was a technical skills assessment interview. I didn't really know how to prepare for this. My advice would be to know your resume in and out and how your skills match up to the job description. Have lots of examples (recent examples) of your work. I haven't done technical work in a number of years and I was interviewing for a technical position, so I think I was at a disadvantage. The questions weren't difficult, but I don't think I was really prepared. He asked about my technical background and he really wanted to know if I had done any technical work in the last two years. I tried to talk about my previous technical work, and my current transferable skills, but I just couldn't answer some of the questions. I didn't really feel good after this interview, but I had to stay positive because the second interview was right after this one. He gave me his card at the end of the interview.

The following interview was great. I immediately connected with the interviewer. He asked about my background, work ethic, and why I was interested in Accenture. I asked him lots of questions. He was engaging and friendly, but he was very honest about how demanding the position would be. The interview was very conversational. He told me that a committee would meet to review the outcome of all of the previous interviews and decide on whether they would offer a position. At the end, he told me that he would give a positive recommendation.

After leaving, I didn't have a good sense on whether they would hire me. A week or so after the interview I emailed the recruiter and the other interviewers. The recruiter told me that they were interested in hiring me, but wanted me to go through the entry level consulting group. He never explained what that meant. I'm writing this a month after he told me this, and I have yet to be contacted. I feel like they have left me hanging in this process because I've heard that they send you a letter with the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions

• how is visual basic .net different from visual basic 6.0?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and efficient overall. I was given a dedicated recruiter who was extraordinarily helpful and accommodating with my schedule. I first went through a screening call with that individual then a "skills interview" with a consultant that wasn't too difficult, but definitely direct with the skills. After that I was told I'd be flown in for an on-site interview at a close city. That consisted of meeting a manager in the particular group. Overall, a fine experience, but disorganized at chaotic at times with scheduling.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

Received the initial HR phone screen which consisted of going over my resume and asking about my career goals. The HR rep scheduled me for a in person interview at their local office. I went in for my in person interview and was impressed by the great looking building and well dressed employees. The interview itself was slightly confusing. I was asked zero technical questions and was asked instead about presentation skills, customer interaction and working on proposals. When asked what I wanted to do I explained I wanted a technical IT position, I was told I would be doing very little of that. They seemed more focused on social interaction and looks rather than technical competency.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with giving presentations?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I posted my resume online but wasn't contacted until I was referred by an employee. The process was about 3 weeks total. I had a phone interview with HR about why Accenture, what do you find interesting about Accenture?

Then I had an interview with a current Manager and that was focused more on "tell me about a time when..." .

The final round was face to face with two partners and they had more of a case interview style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a project was behind schedule   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accenture presented a very fair and generous offer. You are ableto provide input before they make the formal offer so you can essentially define it beforehand.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

Pretty quick. Had a phone interview, then in person interviews a few weeks later, and an offer about 2+ weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not particularly difficult. Be prepared to walk the interviewer through your experience and be able to explain how it related to what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The salary offer was very generous.