Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – I first had a phone screening with a recruiter and was then scheduled for another phone interview which lasted for 1 hour. I made the final round and flew out to the office and met with 4 different people (from each stage of the position) and the total time at the office lasted 4 hours. The questions asked varied from behavioral to technical.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed at something.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Consulting Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to Accenture online. A couple of week later I received an email from the recruiter asking if I was interested in an interview with the System Integration Group.

The first round interview was a screening interview over the phone with a manager/consultant. Basically, you just simply go over your resume and experiences. I guess the best advice I can give you is know your resume. Be prepared for the question, "Can you run through your resume for me?" Funny enough, this sounds very straight forward, but it is a good idea to work on creating a narrative for your resume in preparation for this round. The interview lasts 20-30 minutes. The person will ask you a few quick questions about yourself, and probably talk about his/her experience with the company. There are a few minutes for your questions, so think about a thing or two you'd like to ask. This round really is meant to see if you are who your resume says you are. At the end of the interview, the interviewer told me that I would hear back from my recruiter in 5 to 7 business days.

About 5 days later, I received a phone call from the recruiter telling me I had made it to the second round. The recruiter sent my information to the Accenture Interview Scheduling department, who emailed me a couple days afterward to set up an interview time.

The second round interview is a "situational" or behavioral interview done over the phone with another manager/consultant. The person who interviewed me had been with the company for over 10 years. This is the interview that many say is the most important, and I tend to agree with that assessment. Basically you get two or three questions asked about your work or school experience i.e. "Tell me about a time..." This interview was pretty structured and the interviewer was very business-like. The questions I received were "Tell me about a difficult project you have been on?”,"Tell me about a time you have had to work with a difficult coworker." "Tell me about a time when you had a lot on your plate, how did you manage?" With these questions the interviewer asked follow up questions based on your answers. Make sure you good examples in mind for particular questions. I went online and looked up common behavioral questions, as well looked at this website. There is actually an interview app for your phone that is pretty helpful. Take some time to think about these questions and possible answers that relate to your work or academic experience. Always be prepared for the why Accenture question, which will be asked by every interviewer. This interview went pretty well, but don't be shocked if the interviewer does not give you any hints about how you did, because like I said my particular interviewer was very professional and business-like. The interview only lasted 35 minutes. Again, there was time for my questions. The interviewer let me know that my recruiter would contact me in 3 to 5 business days.

Three days later, my recruiter called me and let me know that I had made to the final round. The final round is an in-office interview and consists of a presentation by a group of young analysts and consultants about working for Accenture. During the presentation an HR rep will come in and talk to you about benefits. It is common to have a small group of candidates with you during this half-day affair. After the presentation, you are taken for two 1-1 interviews with managers/senior managers. Both interviews were situational/behavioral interviews but definitely more laid back and personable. They asked similar questions to the ones I had in the second round. I enjoyed this round a lot more than the second round because of the fact that I was actually talking to somebody face to face. A good question for you to think about is "Tell me about a time you made a decision that was the wrong one to make or the outcome wasnt as positive." Thats a good one to think about, because it could definitely catch you off guard. The managers were really pleasant and easy to talk to. They were willing to talk about their experiences both positive and negative, and I felt that I got a lot out of the interview. Ask questions. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would hear back in a couple of weeks.

Luckily, a couple of days later I heard back from the recruiter, who told me that Accenture wanted to extend me an offer. I accepted the offer a couple of days later.

My best advice for this interview process is to do good research. Go on Accenture's website, read the CEO's remarks, learn about the values and how they do business. Think about how you fit in and try to convey that message during the interview. Go online and look up common behavioral interview questions and think about how you would answer those questions. Relax and show confidence. This is a great opportunity and I am very happy to have this chance. Good luck with your interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a difficult project you have been on   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you have had to work with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had a lot on your plate, how did you manage?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you made a decision that was the wrong one to make or the outcome wasn't as positive as you'd like.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Deal was very fair based on experience/location/school

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Reston, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – spoke with a recruiter by phone about my resume, my experience, and the position as a CFM. I was then referred to the next steps of the interview process which was a situational phone interview and an in-person interview at the Reston office. The in-person interviews were scheduled first. I met with 5 Accenture employees-an analyst, a specialist, 2 managers, and a senior manager. Each interviewer asked about my knowledge about the company and what I know about the position as a CFM. I was also asked basic interview questions.
The situational phone interview unfortunately was my downfall. I thought I did my best in answering the questions but the Accenture employee didn't like my answers even though I reiterated the same answers with the in-person interviewers. Advice: be very specific and supplement your answer with an example/experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation in which you had to build credibility for a supervisor, boss, or co-worker? (one of the situational phone interview questions); Tell me a situation about a recent accomplishment ( be very detailed and explain how you accomplished it); Tell me a situation in which you accomplished a significant task in which you did not work with the people in your team   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Management Consulting Analyst
Reston, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was really interactive and there was a case during each of the three stages. The final round was an on-site visit with lunch, a presentation, and 2 final interviews. All of the interviewers were very friendly and personable. Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Question – How would you fix the U.S. Postal Service?   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online through my campus recruiting, I got my first interview. It started as a meet and greet in a waiting room with 4 DC analysts. They were all friendly, although I felt awkward trying to make conversation, while still trying to prep for my interview. Then my interview began in a separate room, with a Senior Executive from the DC office. He was intimidating at first, but became more friendly by the end, as I asked him more questions about himself. This was a basic resume interview. That night I got an email saying I was invited back for a second round the following day. This interview started the same way with the waiting room. This interviewer was much more casual (a consultant) and less intimidating. He gave me a behavioral interview, which went pretty much as expected. I received a call with my offer a month or so later.

Interview Question – Talk about a hard time for you personally. How did it affect your work life, and how did you cope with the problem? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt to negotiate. They gave me 2 weeks to accept.

Security Consultant Interview

Reston, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

Interview Details – I'm applying for an experienced hire position and this was the first of the 3 interviews. It consisted of background information about the company and a discussion of my skills / experience as they applied to the job requirements. It was very informal and in this case lasted almost 2 hours. Typically they last about an hour. The next interview in the hiring process is the situational interview.

Interview Question – Translating my background and experience into examples that supported the requirements of the new job   Answer Question

Change Management Analyst Interview

Reston, VA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Interview Details – Passed the initial screening, skills test (phone interviews) and got invited to the onsite final interviews in NYC. Met with two managers and everything went well. The next monday I got notified by the recruiter that they are starting the background check process with me, which is all a very good sign. Then two weeks with no response from the HR after I submitted the required documents. After I followed up with her twice, she finally called me back and said they were moving forward with another candidate. When I asked her for any feedback, she said she doesn't have any. I'm pretty sure it was because of my visa status (H1B), but I have shared the information with the recruiter from the very beginning, and they let me go through the entire process and decided not to go with it. So overall, I had a good experience with all the hiring managers, but the recruiter did a horrible job.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for this department at Accenture?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – I posted my resume online but wasn't contacted until I was referred by an employee. The process was about 3 weeks total. I had a phone interview with HR about why Accenture, what do you find interesting about Accenture?

Then I had an interview with a current Manager and that was focused more on "tell me about a time when..." .

The final round was face to face with two partners and they had more of a case interview style.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a project was behind schedule   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Accenture presented a very fair and generous offer. You are ableto provide input before they make the formal offer so you can essentially define it beforehand.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Consulting Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very fair and balanced. The process is mostly behavioral and career goal questions trying to determine if you are a balanced candidate without a ton of depth in experience, but an ability to work hard and stay motivated.

Interview Question – There aren't specific questions you can expect to get.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Large company with a fairly straight-forward offer and negotiation process.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview first. Followed by timed 40 Question test via internet. Upon successful completion of test, offer to interview in person. Offer was made a few days after in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture