Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Client Financial Management Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Interview Details – Referral base. If you know someone within the company have them refer you and most likely you will get an interview. Very seldom do they higher without a referral.

Interview Question – You might be asked to perform a SQL problem on a white board.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – It took a long time to get a callback(over a month). They do an initial phone interview then they call you for an in person interview

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. You interview with 2 managers and if they like you then you will meet with the senior manager. If you have met the senior manager you have the job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – give a salary range

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Mortgage Loan Processor
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – it was easy...the HR Dept asked for previous W2's

Interview Question – Why would I take a job that I know I'm over qualified for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiating. I needed a job and they would not negotiate. I had to take the job for medical insurance.

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was hired right out of college, process took a little over three months.
Was first contacted by a recruiter to gauge my interest in the position and willingness to relocate.
Series of one on one interviews followed after that, mostly over the phone:
an informational interview;
a behavioral interview, standard types of questions;
a situational interview, mostly prodding and examining your moral and ethical decision making
a technical interview, standard java basics
was flown down to San Antonio (travel expenses reimbursed) for another series of three one on one interviews: behavioral and technical by current managers and developers in the company. Again, more java basics, easy things like definitions of certain vocabulary, concepts like inheritance and encapsulation, some design patterns.

Interview Question – Was asked how to detect if there is a loop in a singly-linked list given only two pointers to positions in the list.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – after the in person interviews, heard positive news back in under a week. Filled out the usual paper work: tax forms, employment contract, was informed of starting salary and starting bonus. starting bonus varies depending on situation, usually increases if you have to relocate as i did. Was able to get them to increase the initially offered starting bonus given my circumstances and the short amount of time and notice with which i had to relocate from Baltimore to Texas. Employment contract stipulates that you have to pay back starting bonus if you're terminated prior to completion of at least one year of service.

Transaction Processing Specialist Interview

Transaction Processing Specialist
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Accenture in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very long. About 7 - 10 interviews at different levels, mostly telephone interviews, and it took 6 months

Interview Question – No suprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set in stone

Very Difficult Interview

Change Control Lead - Level D Interview

Change Control Lead - Level D
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communication: phone call with basic introduction. Then phone interview: culture fit. Then two phone interviews: knowledge base to perform the duties. Then face to face with benefits presentation, then face to face with the Senior Manager and finally phone interview with the Executive of the project.

Interview Question – What is the first thing you are going to do when you walk through the door?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

Interview Details – Four interviews at different levels, one technical interview with a couple of coding problems.

Interview Question – Write a program to convert an integer to a roman numeral   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Accenture has some flexibility, but not a lot. You can get them to go up about 1.5%

Very Easy Interview

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interviews done over the phone with someone in their hiring department. Don't be surprised if you are interviewed by a number of people. Their are teams/projects competing for new talent which comes in the door. More than likely they will try to fit you into what team seems like a best fit for you. Don't go into PCS. You will be copying and pasting in spreadsheets for hours on end and will gain no knowledge that will help your career.

Interview Question – Look at an expense report and point out the discrepancies.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Every entry level position gets the same pay. Each year your get an adjustment in pay which factors out to exactly what someone who walks in the day after your "raise" will get.

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, then met team lead in person. Took weeks to actually start the job, because recruiter did not follow up with team lead.

Interview Question – Standard interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could negotate salary. Did not know about Levels. The company has pay levels F-A. F is the lowest, A highest. With my education and experience I should have been hired as D. Had I known, I would have negotiated levels not salary.

Testing Analyst Interview

Testing Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very straight forward interview process. Two 30-minute interviews. First was to see if you get along in a team environment, and the second is to test your technical skills.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question: If you walk in the house and the light don't work, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me 40k, but I got it increased to 42k. They don't try to rip you off, but they definitely low ball you assuming that you will bargain up.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!