Accenture

47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consulting Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – There were 2 rounds of interviews. The first was at my college's career center and was pretty much a screening interview with basic questions about past experience and such. The 2nd round was in the SF office itself and was a 1 hour behavioral interview with questions that reveal how you have reacted in certain team-oriented situations.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where a deadline has changed on you and how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Analyst Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process was long and covered completely over the phone (last interview via video)

Dealing with HR was awful as the point of contact was unable to answer detailed questions and did not have authority to make decisions. Multiple delays setting up touch points and clarifying details.

Upon hiring I suspect that the process was dragged out to push benefits (stock and 401K match) out through missing cycle windows.

Coming into this organization as an 'Experienced Hire' must be taken with a grain of salt as they are best set up to handle new hires fresh out of college from staffing and training perspective. Once integrated within the organization the new hires become competition that can make promotion more difficult as skills are based on project experiences not overall knowledge or previous skills.

Interview Question – What was your most complex task at your previous job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not an option and I accepted average salary knowing the benefits and exposure of this position held value beyond salary.

Very Easy Interview

Technology Consultant Interview

Technology Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed at campus and then 3 rounds at the corporate office.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had better offers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview
2. Test
3. In-person Inerview

Negotiation Details – Didn't neogiate

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews, including a brainstorming session, and lunch with the 12-person team.

Interview Question – I was asked to present a new idea in a technical area during the in-person interview. Last minute, they cancelled the presentation, and pulled me into a brainstorming session on a different technical area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relocation is not on the table, but cash bonus is.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I got an interview through my university career center.

There were 3 interviews. The first interview was a 30 minute basic screening interview, reviewing my resume and "Why Accenture". The second interview was part behavioral/past case study. The case study was straight forward and seemed to be a business problem my interviewer faced on previous client work. The last interview was almost another screening interview, as if a test to see if the Senior Managers and Managing Directors would want me as an Analyst on their projects. All interviewers were easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.

The process was straightforward and fairly seamless, but the HR Recruiter was a bit disorganized and not as responsive as I would have liked as a job applicant.

Interview Question – Business case was on how to improve customer experience for a resources client.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview Details – Long arduous process, but glad to see they do this. I spent about a month in various trial discussions and meetings, and traveled to two offices. I cannot say that I was a normal hire at all. I specialize in healthcare and education compliance and so the job I was applying for was very very specialized, something I don't get to do in my current company. Overall i went through interviews, case studies, lunch meetings, client situation discussions, etc.

Interview Question – What's the impending impact of the California Labor Board change to the HR resources model.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location, comp, a few questionable issues I had with their size.

Entry Level Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online beginning of November 2013 and was contacted by email on Dec 1 to ask about my availability for the first round phone interview.
Recruiter was super nice and she basically went over my resume and I explained what I did, how was my project and talked about groups I was a member.

Couple of days after that, they contacted me for the second round phone interview "Situational interview" and they seem to move fast which is great. They always ask for availabilities and respond fast.
Haven't done the second round yet but I hope it will be great

Interview Question – What do you know about Accenture?
Why do you want to join Accenture?
Do you like working at a customer oriented company?
  Answer Question

Management Consulting Development Program - Business Analyst Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – Absolutely loved the efficiency of the entire process!

The process for me began with a recommendation for the position, from a partner. Now as much as that level of recommendation immediately got me a first round interview, the consultants that interviewed me were really looking to make sure that I could "walk the walk."

Round 1: 2 Interviews (over the phone) - 45 minutes each - Case Interviews & Background
*Wait time for results - 1 week

Final Round: 2 interviews (in-person at SF office) - 45 minutes each - 1 Case & 1 Confirming
*Wait time for results - 48 hours

Case interviews were the focus (and most difficult part) of the process. If anyone needs practice with the case interview process, look up Victor Cheng and his LOMS series. Without a doubt, the only reason I did so well with my process.

Interview Question – Case Interviews were the hardest aspect...PRACTICE.   Answer Question

MCDP Business Analyst Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Interview Details – Three rounds-- initial phone screen, then a behavioral round, then a round of case interviews. Rounds 2 and 3 consisted of multiple interviewers taking 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Question – Case interview questions. Make sure to brush up on Case in Point or Crack the Case. Don't memorize frameworks or anything, though. Each question was from my interviewer's real-life experience and could have gone thousands of different directions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate extra time to decide. The initial offer was sweet enough that not much negotiation was necessary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.