Accenture Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 31, 2015

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

During my 1st interview, I walked through my resume. My interviewer didn't look up from his laptop the entirety of the interview and texted a few times - my assumption was that he was trying to distract me. My second interview was in the office and ran through basic behavioral questions a few scenarios.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very simple and straightforward process. Even though I was not in the country for the interview, they managed to get it done using online resourced. A very simple interview with the interviewers being very friendly.There were total 3 stages- Screening call with the recruiter, Technical cum behavioral questions with a senior software engineer and finally there was an final behavioral interview with a MD. Overall very relaxed and straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Gave a situation for designing a data model. Very simple though. Simple OOPS questions. Many behavioral questions about many different situations to access you as a team worker, problem solver, etc.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

- received an email from a recruiter - 30 mins phone screen talking about the resume - behavioral interview over the phone. 3-4 questions about situations and how you handled them - got an email from a recruiter that I was invited for an on-site interview - On-site interview consisted of 3 parts. A presentation from current consultants, a case interview which was broken down into 2 parts, and a fit interview with a senior consultant. They were really strict on time. - 3 days later a recruiter sent me an email saying I needed to improve on case interview part and did not get an offer. This was no surprise, I walked in there with zero live case interview practice and was glad I got that far my first try. I had no idea how much people practiced before these interviews until later on.

Software Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was a relatively easy experience compared to most entry level software engineer interviews, a 2 week experience with a phone interview first one from the recruiter making sure I would be a good fit for the company and a final technical/behavior interview done remotely through webcam. There was no questions that required any coding.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was slow, disorganized, and disjointed. After communicating with 2 recruiters, I finally managed to connect with interviewers. The technical interview was rushed and the questions asked were not relevant to the position. The interview with the hiring manager did not set clear expectations for the role and offered very little information about the organization.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

As one of the largest consulting firms, Accenture can afford to take its time with the interviewing process. The college recruiting process took around 6 months, and included: 1 Online application submitted around October 2 Phone interviews with case studies completed in December 2 In-person interviews with case studies completed around January (there are multiple options for interviewing days at the different offices) Finally, the offer letter arrived around February

Interview Questions

• Case studies (at a high level): -Analyze the financial performance of a major shipping company by analyzing costs, revenue streams, etc. make recommendations for improvement. -How would you update the online presence of a traditional cosmetics company to compete with today's e-commerce retailers?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process took months. There were four interviews after the initial screening: behavioral, experience, in person with a senior manager, phone with a partner. Before each interview they sent information about how to prepare and what kinds of questions would be asked. The recruiter also prepared me with tips about the kind of information they would be looking for.

Interview Questions

• Honestly I can't remember any difficult questions. It was very straightforward and I prepared thoroughly. The most difficult thing was staying prepared and enthuastic during the months that it took.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I researched beforehand and the offer came in at the exact figures I was going to ask for based upon the title, location, experience and company. Very straightforward and fair.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through college campus recruiting - I went to a target school so getting started with the interview process was easy: Submitted a resume through school website, went through first round (2 hours, 2-case and behavioral interviews), then went to the office for a final round (2-3 hours - 2 case and 1 hour behavioral). However, the interview process changes all the time.

Interview Questions

• Case questions around market sizing, pharmaceutical and biotech space.. etc. What is your biggest pet peeve? Leadership questions. Questions around my personal experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Service Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Poor responses vie email when setting up interview. Awkwardness in conversations. Largely, I felt treated like a piece of meat. Overall, I'm sad that they have a culture that felt this toxic. I was hoping for a better environment.

Interview Questions

The money wasn't worth the poor work-life balance.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Berkeley, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted about 2 weeks after submitting my resume and the application. Then I went through the first round of the interview which is a 20-30 minutes interview. All the questions I was asked were behavioral and also about the company and why I decided to apply for the position. Then, I was informed about a week and a half later that I had advanced to the second round of interviews which is the 45-60 minute ling interview. For this interview I was asked more behavioral and situational questions that had to do with, for example, what do you when..., how do you prepare for... etc...

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions was "how do you imagine yourself in the next 5 years, in the next 10 years? what would you be doing with life and career?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a very good offer. The recruiter to the time to place in the location I preferred after changing my initial preferences. Full benefits, great vacation plans, great bonus amount. Because this was a entry level position I could not negotiate salary, but I could negotiate starting date which it was equally important for me, because I wanted to take a long break after college.