Accenture

Updated Oct 28, 2014

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

The process took months. There were four interviews after the initial screening: behavioral, experience, in person with a senior manager, phone with a partner. Before each interview they sent information about how to prepare and what kinds of questions would be asked. The recruiter also prepared me with tips about the kind of information they would be looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I can't remember any difficult questions. It was very straightforward and I prepared thoroughly. The most difficult thing was staying prepared and enthuastic during the months that it took.   Answer Question
    I researched beforehand and the offer came in at the exact figures I was going to ask for based upon the title, location, experience and company. Very straightforward and fair.

Service Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Poor responses vie email when setting up interview. Awkwardness in conversations. Largely, I felt treated like a piece of meat. Overall, I'm sad that they have a culture that felt this toxic. I was hoping for a better environment.

Interview Questions

The money wasn't worth the poor work-life balance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Initially, I was contacted about 2 weeks after submitting my resume and the application. Then I went through the first round of the interview which is a 20-30 minutes interview. All the questions I was asked were behavioral and also about the company and why I decided to apply for the position. Then, I was informed about a week and a half later that I had advanced to the second round of interviews which is the 45-60 minute ling interview. For this interview I was asked more behavioral and situational questions that had to do with, for example, what do you when..., how do you prepare for... etc...

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was "how do you imagine yourself in the next 5 years, in the next 10 years? what would you be doing with life and career?"   View Answer
    It was a very good offer. The recruiter to the time to place in the location I preferred after changing my initial preferences. Full benefits, great vacation plans, great bonus amount. Because this was a entry level position I could not negotiate salary, but I could negotiate starting date which it was equally important for me, because I wanted to take a long break after college.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Streamlined fast; courteous people, insightful questions and overall a good experience. Accenture is a global company with many offices across the world. They have dept and expertise in technology which makes it possible for them offer many opportunities

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I got an interview through my university career center.

There were 3 interviews. The first interview was a 30 minute basic screening interview, reviewing my resume and "Why Accenture". The second interview was part behavioral/past case study. The case study was straight forward and seemed to be a business problem my interviewer faced on previous client work. The last interview was almost another screening interview, as if a test to see if the Senior Managers and Managing Directors would want me as an Analyst on their projects. All interviewers were easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.

The process was straightforward and fairly seamless, but the HR Recruiter was a bit disorganized and not as responsive as I would have liked as a job applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Business case was on how to improve customer experience for a resources client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process is standard to that found at most other large consulting firms, such as the Big 4. There were three different rounds, with the final round taking place at the nearest Accenture office. The overall experience was very good and I had no issues from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to pursue this option when you had several other methods of tackling the problem ?   Answer Question

Entry Level Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

I applied online beginning of November 2013 and was contacted by email on Dec 1 to ask about my availability for the first round phone interview.
    Recruiter was super nice and she basically went over my resume and I explained what I did, how was my project and talked about groups I was a member.

Couple of days after that, they contacted me for the second round phone interview "Situational interview" and they seem to move fast which is great. They always ask for availabilities and respond fast.
    Haven't done the second round yet but I hope it will be great

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Accenture?
      Why do you want to join Accenture?
      Do you like working at a customer oriented company?

Answer Question

Management Consulting Development Program - Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Absolutely loved the efficiency of the entire process!

The process for me began with a recommendation for the position, from a partner. Now as much as that level of recommendation immediately got me a first round interview, the consultants that interviewed me were really looking to make sure that I could "walk the walk."

Round 1: 2 Interviews (over the phone) - 45 minutes each - Case Interviews & Background
    *Wait time for results - 1 week

Final Round: 2 interviews (in-person at SF office) - 45 minutes each - 1 Case & 1 Confirming
    *Wait time for results - 48 hours

Case interviews were the focus (and most difficult part) of the process. If anyone needs practice with the case interview process, look up Victor Cheng and his LOMS series. Without a doubt, the only reason I did so well with my process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

First Round: On campus interview. They asked me about my resume, what I thought the job would be, why I wanted to work at Accenture. Some people say it is an easy screening interview, and it's hard to tell how "hard" it was, but make sure you prepare for this round too!

Second Round: At the local office. I had an interview with one of the partners that lasted about an hour. This interview wasn't what I prepared for. I thought it would be more behavioral, like everyone on glassdoor says, but it was more conversational. I think the partner who was interviewing me just had a different style, but what seemed important was carrying on a conversation. I was asked a couple of situational questions, but my interviewers didn't delve into the answers too much.

Third Round: At the local office. They started with a presentation by the recruiter, a new hire, and an experienced employee. I was with nearly ten other interviewees. Then we were each interviewed by a manager and a partner. These interviews were more well balanced. They asked about my resume, why consulting, why Accenture, and they also asked some behavioral questions. Be honest and show that you are excited about your previous projects when you talk about them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a project that you found boring?   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure quality work when you are trying to get things done quickly?   Answer Question
    • Given a client's requirements and deliverables, how would you proceed with a project?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate, because I've heard that Accenture doesn't really negotiate salary, and the offer was on the upper end of what I was aiming for.

Experienced Staff-Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview process was positive. I was interviewed by quite a few people of different levels. I had a positive experience. Communications about being hired, salary and such was straight forward. Hiring process was structured and positive.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions are often difficult. I do not recall the most difficult question.   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation phase. Benefits were part of the employment, hiring process. Salary was already determined based on pay structure as far as I knew. I was perceived as an excellent hire due to my prior work experience.