Accenture

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details – Attended a college fair and was told to apply online. A few weeks later I was contacted for an interview on campus. Later that day I received an email for a second interview the following day. A few days later I was notified that I would be extended an offer.

Interview Question – What is your favorite class outside your major?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – HR interview - Behavior interview - final in person interview

Negotiation Details – very straight forward

Very Easy Interview

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online with a simple CV submission. I was contacted within a few days by a recruiter to set up an initial phone screening. The first round interview with the recruiter started with a detailed description of the position, followed by a basic resume walk through. The second round was a phone interview with a senior employee within the division. This interview lasted an hour, and consisted of behavioral and technical questions. The final round was with an executive in the downtown office. This was a casual conversation, aimed to ensure this was a cultural fit for both myself and the company. This discussion lasted approximately an hour. I was offered the position three days later. The process took over four weeks, which was the most frustrating aspect.

My overall impression was that if they contact you, they're pretty confident that you're a good fit. All parties were supportive throughout, and each interview was informal, relaxed.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you...
- failed
- led a project with a tight deadline
- improved the bottom-line
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for salary negotiation, but I was able to haggle a decent signing bonus.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Seattle, WA

I interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews that seemed to last a long time. It was hard to see what they wanted in a potential job applicant. I do not know if I would take the job or not because there seemed to be a lack of direction in the responsibilities of the position. I don't know.

Interview Question – Please describe your sense of humour.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Interviewed out of undergrad. Conducted initial screening interview on campus, then had a behavioral interview that was conducted via phone (there was a massive snow storm, so I believe this was supposed to be completed face to face), and then had a final interview with a local senior executive. The final interview was the easiest of them all, I believe they do it to ensure you will fit in culturally...but I am not sure that they still do this currently.

Interview Question – The questions were all the standard behavioral questions. Upon reflection, it was one of the easier interview processes I have ever gone through, which is slightly disappointing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. That was at a time when other students had tried to negotiate and had their offers pulled. Accenture was my best offer by far, so I didn't risk it.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2012.

Interview Details – Accenture recruiters vary in style and organization. I was initially contacted by a woman in the DC office. She was very friendly and quick to respond to any questions I had. I started with an initial "Here's what the position is" phone call with the recruiter.

She then set me up with a First Round phone interview with an executive for a few days later. In the confirmation she told me exactly what kind of things he would be talking to me about. He asked me questions about my resume and academic background, nothing too complicated. Be sure you have career goals to talk about.

The next interview was the dreaded situational interview. I should mention that the people calling you are from different offices of Accenture. The woman who called was from Chicago, and very nice. She asked a few of the standard questions like, "When was time you didn't get along with somebody and how did you resolve it?" and "Have you ever had to teach people something and met challenges?"

Heard back from the recruiter the next day and was asked to do an on site interview. This is where Accenture gets MAJOR bonus points from me. I was nowhere near DC and the recruiter managed to contact an office close to me and and get me an interview there. Of course it drew out my process a little longer, but it was really nice of her to do that.

The on site interview was probably the least stressful. I interviewed with a manager for about 30 minutes. He had my whole file in front of him and referenced answers I'd given in previous conversations (HINT: Really non-traditional answers will get their attention) and gave me tips on how to word my previous experience so it sounded even more impressive. He left me in the waiting room for about 30 minutes before I was sent into a partner's office.

This executive was extremely friendly and pretty much gave me the rundown of how Accenture works and the different clients they work with. I was feeling pretty good here because it appeared he was trying to sell me the company instead of me trying to prove I was a good fit. Of course he asked if I was ok with problem solving, technology, etc. We talked for about 45 minutes about all sorts of things, not just Accenture. At the end, he told me he was going to recommend I be hired.

I got a formal offer about a week later. It was for an office I wasn't really keen on, and I let the recruiter know. She was amazing and asked me where I would like to go and then got me an offer in the other office! Transferred me to the local recruiter there.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to teach somebody something and were met with challenges." This turned into a cascade of questions asking to detail the challenges and how I approached each one.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Applied for job via university job network. First Round was 1 on 1 behavioral with a manager. Second round was similar, 1 on 1 with a senior manager. Both seemed focused on their stated goal: determining whether or not Accenture was a good fit for the interviewee and and the interviewee a good fit for Accenture. 3rd round interview was a half day at the office - a presentation about the company and then 2 interviews with senior managers. Similar questions and focus, one of the managers seemed to feign ignorance in an attempt to make me uncomfortable.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was 1 really profoundly difficult question, but the process itself - asking questions that might cause you to make a contradiction in your reasons for interviewing with Accenture, was stressful.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – I was offered a position at Amazon with similar compensation, but the Amazon position was hiring 50 people whereas the Accenture position was hiring something in the 100s. For me, the unique and entrepreneurial nature of Amazon won out.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in February 2012.

Interview Details – 3 Step Interview Process

1st : 1-1 Interview, straight forward about general projects on the resume, on campus
2nd: Situation questions, on campus
3rd: At their office in Seattle, Manager interviews

Interview Question – Say you have committed to a friend to finish a project on a particular date and to a manager on a particular date. You did not have time to finish both the project and the deadline is tomorrow. Both of them are at your desk asking for the report/project. How will you deal such as a case ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Long wait for the reply, and did not have opportunities in State

Salesforce.com Business Analyst Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Days later, I had a follow-up interview with a different recruiter. A week later, I had two one-hour interviews (one skills and one behavioral). A week after that I had a final one hour interview via video conferencing with a Senior Manager. One week later, I had an offer.

Negotiation Details – I set an expected salary. It was above the range, but the recruiter submitted it for approval. The recruiter came back with a salary at the top of the range with a signing bonus.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with Accenture.

The first, an initial phone interview with a gentleman from their recruitment team for about a half hour which was pleasant enough. Talked about my background and he provided me with some basic knowledge about the company. After this we set up a second technical interview.

The second (technical) interview, also by phone, was something of a quiz on acronyms and word definitions. Terms like POJO, MVC, JDBC, Singleton, Inheritance, Encapsulation, Polymorphism, DAO, ORM, SOAP, JNDI, and AOP. Some were easy enough, granted. Their checklist of terms was all they were about. They didn't seem interested in me speaking about technical details of my past projects (which would have been good for them to know). That worked against me in particular because much of the development work I had done (circa 2000) was using many of the concepts they were referring to but but not the terminology . So I didn't do well according to their system. That's fine, I should have been up to speed on the current terminology, simply put. However, they didn't even bother to communicate with me following the interview. Even after I followed up a few days later offering to clarify their view of me, they didn't bother to message back. Even a 'thanks but no thanks' would have been nice! I guess I had been tossed into the gutter, in their mind. Basic professionalism is still expected even if you take a pass on a candidate, in my opinion.

Interview Question – What is AOP?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture interview questions and advice in Seattle, WA. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.