Accenture

2.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

I applied online and got an email 1.5 months later from a recruiter to schedule a screening interview. It was made clear to me that the position would have a salary in the mid $40,000 range and every person hired at this position will make that amount. The recruiter talked about the position and the company and asked me what I know about Accenture. Then he asked me more detailed questions about my resume, including what I’m interested in, skills, education and projects. The phone call lasted about 40 minutes.

I got an email a couple of days later about scheduling a 30-45 minute technical phone interview. He introduced himself first and then asked me to introduce myself. Why Accenture? He asked me more about my projects and strengths. Then he asked me questions about Object-Oriented Programming (What is OOP? What is an interface? What is an abstract class? What is an immutable object? What is the difference between an exception and an error? What is garbage collection? Overloading vs overriding? What is encapsulation? What is inheritance? What is polymorphism? How do you handle errors in Java (try, catch, finalize)? What are the access modifiers? (public, private, protected)). He also asked me about other things that I listed on my resume including “What is the difference between GET and POST?”. He asked me what Object-Oriented concept I would use for a Shape, Rectangle and Square class. He also asked me to think about an analog watch and tell him the angle between the hour and minute hand if it’s 3:15. At the end, I was given time to ask him questions. The phone call ended up being over an hour long.

The next day, I got an email saying that I will be proceeding to the next step for a 30 minute interview. The third interview is a closing interview with a senior manager. We used HireVue for a webcam interview. He told me about himself and then asked me about myself, my goals (both short term and long term), why Accenture?, if I’m flexible with traveling, what my strengths are. After that, he told me more about Accenture and the position. I was able to ask him questions afterwards. It was the shortest interview and lasted about 25 minutes for me.

A couple of hours later, I received a phone call with the recruiter giving me a verbal offer and telling me that I will need to do a background check through HireRight. I received an email to do the background check the day after. The next day, my background check went through. The day after, I received my official offer via email.

The whole interview process was very professional and the recruiter was very prompt in answering emails.

I think they really value teamwork and good communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Think about an analog watch and tell me what is the angle between the hour and minute hand.   Answer Question
    It was made pretty clear at the beginning that I wouldn't really be able to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

First round interview: on-campus, 30 minutes casual conversation with a Senior Manager.
    I was invited to the second round interview on the same day. Due to the large volume of candidates, the second round interview was to be conducted over telephone.

Second round interview: 45 minutes situational phone interview with a HR recruiter. She wanted me to use the STAR method to answer all the behavioral questions, spend 1-2 minutes to give an overview of the problem, task at hand and result. She proceeded to ask follow-up questions on my answers.
    Questions asked:
    1. Tell me about a time when you had to work under an extremely tight deadline and how did you handle it?
    2. Tell me about a time when you had to work with a large volume of data and how did you handle it?
    3. Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member in a team and how did you resolve the conflict?
    4. Tell me about the biggest challenge you faced in the past and how did you handle it?
    5. Tell me about a time when you had to create a plan and what steps did you take to follow the plan?
    6. Tell me about a time when you had to handle something you’ve never dealt with before.
    The HR recruiter took notes and sent it back to the campus recruiter, heard back within the same week.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions, nothing unexpected. Just be sure to have really good example for each question.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

It's exactly how the previous responses are laid out. First round is 30 minutes on campus and it's to see if they get along with you (interviewed by a manager). Second round is 45 minutes on campus and it's to ask more behavioral questions (interviewed by a director). Final round is two 45 minute interviews at Accenture's office and they ask further behavioral questions (interviewed by a manager and director). From the first interview to the final round interview it took 2 weeks. The offer was received a week later.

Advice: have great stories to share, provide reasons for why you would like to work at Accenture, show enthusiasm, and wear a suit (I got called out on this in my first round)

Interview Questions
    • What concerns would you have if you were to join Accenture?   View Answer
    No wiggle room. They increased the salary (and reduced PTO by 5 days). I tried negotiating using another offer as leverage and they did not budge.

Senior Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

Great experience. 2 onsite interviews 1 hour each with senior Test persons from Accenture. They made me comfortable and overall the experience was great. The interview was more like a discussion about my background and personality fit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected, glassdoor reviews and questions discussed here was pretty much asked. Typical behavioral and situational interview questions and went more like a discussion.
      * How do you handle a difficult situation with your peer, developer or boss.
      * What are the qualities of a software tester.

Answer Question
    No negotiation possible asked for a sign on bonus.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Attended a college fair and was told to apply online. A few weeks later I was contacted for an interview on campus. Later that day I received an email for a second interview the following day. A few days later I was notified that I would be extended an offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

HR interview - Behavior interview - final in person interview

very straight forward

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in July 2013.

I applied online with a simple CV submission. I was contacted within a few days by a recruiter to set up an initial phone screening. The first round interview with the recruiter started with a detailed description of the position, followed by a basic resume walk through. The second round was a phone interview with a senior employee within the division. This interview lasted an hour, and consisted of behavioral and technical questions. The final round was with an executive in the downtown office. This was a casual conversation, aimed to ensure this was a cultural fit for both myself and the company. This discussion lasted approximately an hour. I was offered the position three days later. The process took over four weeks, which was the most frustrating aspect.

My overall impression was that if they contact you, they're pretty confident that you're a good fit. All parties were supportive throughout, and each interview was informal, relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you...
      - failed
      - led a project with a tight deadline
      - improved the bottom-line

Answer Question
    No room for salary negotiation, but I was able to haggle a decent signing bonus.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interviewed out of undergrad. Conducted initial screening interview on campus, then had a behavioral interview that was conducted via phone (there was a massive snow storm, so I believe this was supposed to be completed face to face), and then had a final interview with a local senior executive. The final interview was the easiest of them all, I believe they do it to ensure you will fit in culturally...but I am not sure that they still do this currently.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all the standard behavioral questions. Upon reflection, it was one of the easier interview processes I have ever gone through, which is slightly disappointing.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. That was at a time when other students had tried to negotiate and had their offers pulled. Accenture was my best offer by far, so I didn't risk it.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Three interviews that seemed to last a long time. It was hard to see what they wanted in a potential job applicant. I do not know if I would take the job or not because there seemed to be a lack of direction in the responsibilities of the position. I don't know.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Applied for job via university job network. First Round was 1 on 1 behavioral with a manager. Second round was similar, 1 on 1 with a senior manager. Both seemed focused on their stated goal: determining whether or not Accenture was a good fit for the interviewee and and the interviewee a good fit for Accenture. 3rd round interview was a half day at the office - a presentation about the company and then 2 interviews with senior managers. Similar questions and focus, one of the managers seemed to feign ignorance in an attempt to make me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there was 1 really profoundly difficult question, but the process itself - asking questions that might cause you to make a contradiction in your reasons for interviewing with Accenture, was stressful.   View Answers (2)

I was offered a position at Amazon with similar compensation, but the Amazon position was hiring 50 people whereas the Accenture position was hiring something in the 100s. For me, the unique and entrepreneurial nature of Amazon won out.